Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Hildryn is kinda messed up

ZectorV1

8 hours ago, Mr.Pyrite said:

that amount of time per hours played is just ludicrous

True, but it's 100% intentional, because DE would prefer if you bought the frame with money. By making this thread and complaining about how bad it is, you're just confirming to them that their monetization strategy works.

57 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

True, but it's 100% intentional, because DE would prefer if you bought the frame with money. By making this thread and complaining about how bad it is, you're just confirming to them that their monetization strategy works.

Unless it turns out people would rather give up and leave than give up and pay.

Edited by VentiGlondi

9 hours ago, Mr.Pyrite said:

locked out due to not being able to farm the rank up materials until im max rank in the other faction in fortuna

How did you get in that room if you weren't already max-rank with the workfloor half? That's not supposed to be possible

That's what's confusing us, you skipped a piece of progression that would have immediately eliminated your complaint.

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

How did you get in that room if you weren't already max-rank with the workfloor half? That's not supposed to be possible

That's what's confusing us, you skipped a piece of progression that would have immediately eliminated your complaint.

Pretty sure you don't need to be max rank to get into the back room, just max rank to have access to the profit taker bounties.Which in turn are required to max your Vox Solaris standing. 

12 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

No, you have this wrong.

OK so there's two syndicates in Fortuna: workshop floor, and backroom rebellion

You only need to be max rank with workshop floor to farm gyromag and atmo systems, NOT with backroom rebellion

No, you need to max rank with Solaris for backroom rebellion (you can still go to the backroom to visit Little Duck though!). Eudico will not give you a bounty menu in the backroom and only remark that she has something big planned but that she's not quite ready to tell you about it before reaching Old Mate.

However, you don't need any rank with Solaris United to visit Deck 12 and start the Exploiter Orb sequence. You just won't get 1000 standing as if it were a bounty.

4 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

It's hard to believe that DE's business strategy is to attract players to a grinding game who hate to grind and would rather buy everything... but I guess it works!

10 hours ago, Oreades said:

Pretty sure you don't need to be max rank to get into the back room, just max rank to have access to the profit taker bounties.Which in turn are required to max your Vox Solaris standing. 

9 hours ago, nslay said:

No, you need to max rank with Solaris for backroom rebellion (you can still go to the backroom to visit Little Duck though!). Eudico will not give you a bounty menu in the backroom and only remark that she has something big planned but that she's not quite ready to tell you about it before reaching Old Mate.

This seems like a really bad change DE must have made at some point. When the backroom rebellion room was first put in the game, you couldn't go back there AT ALL (and thus couldn't talk to Little Duck) until you were max rank with the workfloor

So now that they've removed that restriction, yes, I sort of agree with OP's notion that it's "messed up". Content you aren't able to obtain yet is nonetheless visible in a way it really shouldn't be

15 hours ago, Proslackernifty said:

How long does it take to get from zero to rank five? Two weeks maybe?  Fortuna has been out for... a year?

This isn't even an argument. You listed two unrelated facts and that's it.

The fact that Fortuna has been out for a while has no impact on the fact that two weeks of waiting is not a reasonable requirement for unlocking a playable character in a video game.

On 2019-09-29 at 9:20 AM, Kaotyke said:

Then I suppose getting any of the frames in the late planets, or require you to do a quest that requires the late planets unlocked is kinda messed up too.

I guess getting Garuda is kinda messed up too since she needs you to be certian rank with SU to grab the BPs to craft the gems or force you to trade.

Also Volt, Nezha, Banshee and Wukong, since they force you to be in a clan.

Or having to farm Rathuum points to get Saryn.

Or having to farm Ambulas codes to get Trinity.

... its just progression, dude.

"It's okay for things to be bad because there are other things that are bad"

Waiting for a daily reset is not work.

Waiting is not effort.

Waiting is not progression.

2 minutes ago, VentiGlondi said:

"It's okay for things to be bad because there are other things that are bad"

Waiting for a daily reset is not work.

Waiting is not effort.

Waiting is not progression.

Yeah. its make sure you dont brun through everything and join the "I have nothing to do" crowd faster.

But sure. Lets distort the words.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Yeah. its make sure you dont brun through everything and join the "I have nothing to do" crowd faster.

Instead I have nothing to do for the two weeks I'm waiting through the timegates.

Apparently it's more acceptable when it's enforced by the game.

Edited by VentiGlondi

Players can control themselves without constantly being timegated. Just because you can rush through a bit of content in a day doesn't mean people will

Just now, VentiGlondi said:

Instead I have nothing to do for the two weeks I'm waiting through the timegates.

Contradiction, you ARE doing something for those "two weeks". You dont do a single thing and then stays twinddling your tumbs for two weeks straight (Hyperbole).

You are: playing missions, doing tasks to increase your rank, you are getting your ass into the game to do something for your damn objective.

My point:

Still stands.

Just now, cakee_ said:

Players can control themselves without constantly being timegated. Just because you can rush through a bit of content in a day doesn't mean people will

No. If the Farming of Syndicate Standings when it first came out (Viver Gate) where people wasted themselves to get ranks was any indication.

And people will, there will be those who will.

And so a forced breaker was implemented.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Contradiction, you ARE doing something for those "two weeks". You dont do a single thing and then stays twinddling your tumbs for two weeks straight (Hyperbole).

You are: playing missions, doing tasks to increase your rank, you are getting your ass into the game to do something for your damn objective.

My point:

Still stands.

Oh I see.

So I apparently am not allowed to get Hildryn and then play missions and do objectives.

All those activities are only available to me while I wait for the timegate to let me get more standing and progress.

Your point never stood. Waiting doesn't bring any worth to the game, it's just supposed to frustrate the player.

Edited by VentiGlondi