Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny 2 and Warframe: COMPETITION IS GOOD!

InsuranceFraud

There is zero need to be concerned about Destiny 2's rising growth. Here is the bottom line: Competition is good. Yes we all love Warframe, but having a close competitor to Warframe is great. Why? It's simple, two massive hands in the pot means developers need to work harder, and produce more quality content to grab players. This year, DE has outlined a slew of content they wanted to release, theres only 3 months left in the year and we've only seen a titleset rework, a frame, and... that's about it.

Going into 2020, Destiny 2 is sure to pick up some speed, now that it's F2P. Competition will make DE work harder to earn players. 

EDIT: FOR THE RECORD: I am not saying Destiny 2 is a better game, Warframe has a boat load of more content. HOWEVER, competition in the looter shooter market is good for us as "gamers"

Edited by AshArbiter
  • Like 10

True. It also could help both developers to better understand their playerbases, assuming they will listen to feedback or play the games themselves, of course.

4 minutes ago, AshArbiter said:

Going into 2020, Destiny 2 is sure to pick up some speed, now that it's F2P. Competition will make DE work harder to earn players. 

Can confirm, 90% of my friends are playing D2 now, teaming up for Sorties in WF and then going back to D2 :clem:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thundervision said:

True. It also could help both developers to better understand their playerbases, assuming they will listen to feedback or play the games themselves, of course.

Can confirm, 90% of my friends are playing D2 now, teaming up for Sorties in WF and then going back to D2 :clem:

Same here. Been having a blast doing D2 raids. Warframe's movement and feel is just so much better though. Hopefully Railjack knocks it out of the park so I have a reason to come back.

While competition is good Destiny and Warframe provide different experiences as someone who spent almost 60 hours in Destiny 2 i have never been so frustrated grinding in a game even the worst moments in Warframe never made me this upset.I feel if people enjoy certain parts of Warframe its uniqueness,movement,power fantasy and dynamic they wont exactly enjoy Destiny because even though its a game about getting loot its moment to moment gameplay and feeling is not the same 

• Like 1

Just now, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Did you really need to start another thread about this? You already posted in this one:

What's wrong with making a seperate thread? This one is about how having friendly competition isn't bad for us, it's actually great. That thread is about WF hitting its lowest point in years...

There's not much competition going on honestly at least from Destiny's point of view. In terms of genre, they are somewhat similar but the approach is very different. In terms of number, Destiny 2 stomps Warframe, it has an average of 200k players at a time, Warframe's all time peak was 130k with an average of 30-50k per day.

DE needs to get their guano together and stop slacking off when it comes to content releases if they want to stop bleeding players. Maybe better planned and managed projects would help, instead of spreading too thin, develop and change and develop and change and not getting anything done. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gravitus123 said:

While competition is good Destiny and Warframe provide different experiences as someone who spent almost 60 hours in Destiny 2 i have never been so frustrated grinding in a game even the worst moments in Warframe never made me this upset.I feel if people enjoy certain parts of Warframe its uniqueness,movement,power fantasy and dynamic they wont exactly enjoy Destiny because even though its a game about getting loot its moment to moment gameplay and feeling is not the same 

100% Agree. Warframes movement is unmatched, and playing Destiny 2 after a few minutes, I wish I could climb up walls and crap like in WF.

They both scratch a certain itch IMO.

Agreed. For evidence: Destiny 2 itself.

Seriously, if Warframe didn't exist then people looking for what Destiny delivered would have no other choice, and thus people wouldn't leave it with quite as much gusto - and thus not lead into the improvements Bungie are making. Yeah 'Rehashed content' - most games do that, especially games that have constant development. It's smart use of assets to not just make something then abandon it. When the Sentient tileset comes out, it will probably have Survival, Spy, Sabotage, most of the normal mission types. I highly doubt the set will only have exclusively 'new' stuff to it.

Also see: The Second Dream came out a year after Destiny 1 released. As soon as Warframe had competition, they fully started kicking it into top gear. This isn't just some pie-in-the-sky statement, it's already happened once before.

• Like 1

But at the same time, just like every other form of "competition" Warframe has had, how long is D2's popularity going to hold and is it even competition in the first place?

There is a lot yet to be seen with D2 between seeing if they'll actually change their model now that they're self-published and if it's going to continue with paid-only expansions. If old problems persist or if the fp2 section will remain as it is then players might start falling off at some point.

Also judging from the reviews it has already gotten a considerable number of players are ones with hundreds to thousands of hours into the game pre-steam. The game still holds it's own dedicated fans that aren't going to be providing any actual competition.

There is also the fact that the games aren't actually all that similar besides sharing the sci-fi theme and having both guns and abilities.

1 minute ago, trst said:

But at the same time, just like every other form of "competition" Warframe has had, how long is D2's popularity going to hold and is it even competition in the first place?

There is a lot yet to be seen with D2 between seeing if they'll actually change their model now that they're self-published and if it's going to continue with paid-only expansions. If old problems persist or if the fp2 section will remain as it is then players might start falling off at some point.

Also judging from the reviews it has already gotten a considerable number of players are ones with hundreds to thousands of hours into the game pre-steam. The game still holds it's own dedicated fans that aren't going to be providing any actual competition.

There is also the fact that the games aren't actually all that similar besides sharing the sci-fi theme and having both guns and abilities.

I agree. Destiny 2 for sure has the leg up on pvp, that kinda combat. The paid expansions could be a barrier to some WF casuals.

WF dominates in the term "fullyfree"

24 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

I'm no genius but I'm sure if bitter warframe vets are having trouble. I can help you guys google "destiny 2 forums".....

Get your email and password ready, sign up, then you can make threads about how that game is better than your last game.

Eh. Let people have their opinions, as long as it's within the rules. Only thing is such discussion might belong in Off Topic, but that's just a filing issue.

For the record, I would be playing Destiny 2 myself about now - had the save transfer not wiped out my Red War campaign progress. Back to hiatus probably for the rest of 2019 while I try to get over it.

Edited by KnossosTNC

honestly I'm not too worried as playing destiny is just frustration after frustration. they almost always have good ideas but they're too timid to give a little slack to really let it breathe. that and it's actually worse f2p wise now than it was before the change. which was already worse than how warframe does it.

I have many problems with it but those are going to be the big ones that push them back down honestly

You're right, it is a bunch if burnt out salty vets making destiny threads. Honestly, I don't care for destiny because it's too slow for me and I'm not playing it because it isn't in my interests. Seeing the players that are going "hur dur destinty Warframe killer, lol XD" puts me off of it even more because it represents the destiny community in the wrong light.

Edited by Sajochi

1 hour ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

I'm no genius but I'm sure if bitter warframe vets are having trouble. I can help you guys google "destiny 2 forums".....

Get your email and password ready, sign up, then you can make threads about how that game is better than your last game.

Your thread post seems to be rather contradictory.

"No one cares about Destiny!"

"Oh and by the way, if you're bored, go play Destiny"

Shall we also glide past the fact that you, as someone who apparently doesn't care about Destiny, have made a thread about Destiny?

Edited by DeMonkey
Merges
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Because it is impossible for one game to learn anything from another game. Warframe can not take lessons from Destiny on what Destiny has no problems with. Destiny can not take lessons from Warframe in what Warframe does better.

Sounds mature and nuanced.

Edited by Jarriaga

7 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Your thread seems to be rather contradictory.

"No one cares about Destiny!"

"Oh and by the way, if you're bored, go play Destiny"

Shall we also glide past the fact that you, as someone who apparently doesn't care about Destiny, have made a thread about Destiny?

But how is OP supposed to get his free Internet points when there's another Destiny thread?