Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any effective (or fun) melee build since melee 3.0?

hqz_

Has anyone found new builds since melee 3.0, ideally for weapons that were not part of the meta before?

Personally, I'm mainly grateful that the update boosted some of the weapons I liked using before even though they were not the most effective ones, e.g. Telos Boltace for the bullet jump bonus, or Twin Krohkur because they look so good. I keep reading about the things that got worse since the update, but I assume there must be some new hidden gems.

Basically I'm just looking for an opportunity to use my forma and go melee-only on Kuva siphon missions. 🙂

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

If you have it, Reaper Prime is really powerful, and if you forma the stance slot for Stalking Fan, it is a lot of fun to use.

Just go into melee mode and use the forward block combo. Builds meter quickly and deals a lot of damage.

if only we had 2 handed scythes, idk what was DE thinking with those discount back scratchers

• Like 3

I am all over the Hirudo with Grim Fury.  I am really loving it the Zakri, Cyanex or the Tysis.  

Also the heavy attack with the Hirudo is just so amazing.  I could use that weapon eternily.  There is no spin to win.  But intead a jump kick of doom.  

I'm using impact to stagger.  

Also the Scoliac got a buff to status.  So I am managing that fun magic and I like to team that up with the same weapons above.  Although POX makes it fun as well.  

But sparring weapons are just so good now.  I feel like a tank.

Mios is Also rules now.  However the charge attack seems so blah.  

• Like 2

Ive been enjoying claws. With four riders the first hit on the forward block combo is a huge dash. With good attack speed its crazy mobile and since you can cancel any combo and go right into that dash, youre just zipping around.

Mix this with Garudas talons and their good reach and status + gas and it just clears groups. Other claws should have comparable range too.

Edited by Annnoth

23 minutes ago, Hexsing said:

I am all over the Hirudo with Grim Fury.  I am really loving it the Zakri, Cyanex or the Tysis.  

Also the heavy attack with the Hirudo is just so amazing.  I could use that weapon eternily.  There is no spin to win.  But intead a jump kick of doom.  

I'm using impact to stagger.  

Also the Scoliac got a buff to status.  So I am managing that fun magic and I like to team that up with the same weapons above.  Although POX makes it fun as well.  

But sparring weapons are just so good now.  I feel like a tank.

Mios is Also rules now.  However the charge attack seems so blah.  

I already loved the Hirudo and the Mios so this is great news.

I assume you build Hirudo for Crit with Blood Rush? Any specific aspect to the build?

What about the Mios? IIRC it can be built for a mixed build but I'm not sure this works with melee 3.0 anymore.

Here are the weapons I tried that did well (all without forma except one):

Mios

Caustacyst

Cassowar

Nikana Prime

Dual Ichors

Glaive Prime

Galatine Prime

Nami Skyla Prime

Venka Prime

Fragor Prime (1 forma)

Redeemer Prime

By did well I mean killing lvl 140 corrupted gunners in around 3-10 seconds with max combo counter (some are faster, others have less dps but more aoe and crowd control)

Jet Kitag and atterax did reasonably well but not as good, I probably just need to tinker with them a bit more.

I can share some mod builds, but it's not like I am some amazing mod builder, I am pretty sure people can easily come up with better stuff.

3 minutes ago, hqz_ said:

I already loved the Hirudo and the Mios so this is great news.

I assume you build Hirudo for Crit with Blood Rush? Any specific aspect to the build?

What about the Mios? IIRC it can be built for a mixed build but I'm not sure this works with melee 3.0 anymore.

Ok.  So the mios cant really be divided fully with a mix.  But to be honest it still works fine.  I amp it for corrosive.  The status is fine.  But you need to focus on one or the other.  And you can do a balanced build.  I use healing return. Cuz it works.  Its not optimal.  However ghe combos seem to manage better.

But...the Hirudo.  Man.  Ok.  So I have now 4 forma'd it.  I never through that would be my main. But you can pretty much use any form of status or my fave (Dart Guns) and just obliterate anything and everything.  

Try the Furax Wraith. The thing already has an innital combo of 20, put a Corrupted Charge and you will always have a 3x Multiplier in your Heavy Slams. Do the Area slams though. The Heavy Attack is crap.

Kogake Prime, the Sparring weapons have the fastest and easiest heavy Attacks: a big Step on the ground and BOOM!

I love new tempo royale with my gram P. You can chain the combos really well and the W E RMB combo is a dash slam you can stick in anywhere.  

Kronen Prime is also very strong now. Sovereign outcast is a lot of fun and you generate stacks like crazy.  

So far my choices have come down to.

Gram Prime, was easy to get back into melee with it, didnt need to fiddle about and swap much for it to work. Cleaving Whirlwind is banana fun. Though the old non rivened setup of CO+BR+speed mods did lack versus heavier Demolysts. So I decided to give good old Lesion a spin after the changes. Did some leveling of it in arbitration disruption and even without all mods it ripped through most demolysts easily with a basic viral+heat setup. Once it got formad it just got better, no riven needed either.

So now I run it with 3x 60/60 for viral+heat, primed fury, primed reach, condition overload, primed pressure point and healing return. Stance of choice is Twirling Spire since it gives amazing AoE and single target. This also made me switch out my Gram Prime build for a viral, primed fury, primed reach, CO, ppp, berserker and healing return setup, which comes very close to the Lesion. Next one up will probably be Galatine Prime since I love cleaving whirlwind and set it up exactly as Lesion with viral+heat.

However, both Gram and Galatine Prime lack one thing that Lesion can pull off, the 100% status chance with 3 60/60 mods, which really put an edge to it. It just mows down groups of heavy armored units in second. Tried the AoE potential in sim versus 8 man groups mixed up of CHG's and C-Bombs of level 140, it was like a hot knife through butter.

Sadly the zaw polearms I previously used doesnt really come close to lesion anymore, not even with rivens equipped.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rhino arcane energize + fury with steel charge.

With gram prime / Blood Rush / Condition Overload / Primed Pressure Point / Berserker / Drifting Contact / Organ Shatter / True Steel / Malignant Force or Buzz Kill

= bloodflood (I got some crit with 2millions damage and im pretty sure i can get to 5millions crit)

Edited by (XB1)xSpaKs

fang primes with spinning needle have been my favorite after the rework

• your forward is very nice easily controllable dash, it'll set you up right in front of enemies so you can lawn mower them.
  • neutral is a fancy kick that lifts enemies and smacks them away for later, you can often kick heavies away before they do a slam
  • the default hits are fast and quickly build up combo while keeping some momentum

a condition overload build with bloodrush works very well.