Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

26 minutes ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

I’ve fingered it out!!   DE are trying to tank their own game, so they can buy it back from the Chinese on the cheap.

That’s why they keep nurfing anything that’s fun. And releasing half cooked and buggy updates... 

Ah yes, going overboard, that helps the situation.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

I’ve fingered it out!! 

Must not laugh.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Ah yes, going overboard, that helps the situation.

Must not laugh.

I'm just joking. .  But DE might want to think about warframe 2..  maybe this years Tennocon will give us an idea of what their thinking. ..

figured it out   lol  its ok you can laugh. ..

Edited by (PS4)SolarPhantom82

3 hours ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

I’ve figure it out!!   DE are trying to tank their own game, so they can buy it back from the Chinese on the cheap.

That’s why they keep nurfing anything that’s fun. And releasing half cooked and buggy updates... 

This may seriously be what's happening under the table. Please any Western company take over DE and turn it around! Restore the glory days of warframe in 2017-2018 and introduce new and actually great contents! 

5 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

This may seriously be what's happening under the table. Please any Western company take over DE and turn it around! Restore the glory days of warframe in 2017-2018 and introduce new and actually great contents! 

EA and Activision/Blizzard can save them!

6 hours ago, Fire2box said:

Saying that because a game is cheap = more players when we're talking about a free to play game is mindbogglingly hilarious. Thanks for the laughs as always. 

I guess you dont really get the power of discount mentality. When something is always free you dont need to stress to get it or use it, since it will always be there for grabs when you like. When something is 50% off people will buy and use it to a greater extent.

By your (poor) logic, WF would increase equal to Terraria each day because it is free, no scratch that, it would increase 2x as much as Terraria per day because it is free while Terraria is "only" 50% off. It simply doesnt work that way.

2 hours ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

The game will be fine    as long as new war is good. . Please DE..

Given a previous comment, do you see what I mean when I said that "some people aren't joking".

Whether it's due to bitterness or basic stupidity, some people will actually believe nonsense as blatant as your joke. These people shouldn't be encouraged.

You weren't to know, but you do now.

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

Warframe 2 for the new generation of consoles would be a very good news ! Warframe really need a refresh that may be impossible with the old engine and spaghetti code.

That is what I believe as well, I think DE has to close the book on WF preferably after the new open world(which also introduces the final act).

WF is an old game, both gameplay and visuals wise and it has been becoming more and more apparent in the recent years.

As much as I love the game, It is becoming harder and harder to come back and play it on a consistent basis. 

51 minutes ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

Warframe 2 for the new generation of consoles would be a very good news ! Warframe really need a refresh that may be impossible with the old engine and spaghetti code.

Wont happen most likely since the engine they use allows for alot already. Making a WF2 to on a new engine would require DE to make a new version of their own engine that they currently use. That is probably not worth it compared to updating the one they currently use over time. And since we are talking next gen consoles, the current engine will be good enough since it is good enough for PC and next gen consoles will move away from the potato field and closer to the tech store. So they'll perform like a decent PC, so will be easier to optimize for compared to the current generation.

I mean PS4 is old and when it was new it was already well below PC's from that time. WF has evolved and improved, the PS4 and Xbone hasnt.

edit: And they wouldnt create a new optional rendering system if they were planning on a WF2. They are safeguarding WF development by making improvements that are more fitting for more high end hardware.

Edited by SneakyErvin

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

Wont happen most likely since the engine they use allows for alot already. Making a WF2 to on a new engine would require DE to make a new version of their own engine that they currently use. That is probably not worth it compared to updating the one they currently use over time. And since we are talking next gen consoles, the current engine will be good enough since it is good enough for PC and next gen consoles will move away from the potato field and closer to the tech store. So they'll perform like a decent PC, so will be easier to optimize for compared to the current generation.

I mean PS4 is old and when it was new it was already well below PC's from that time. WF has evolved and improved, the PS4 and Xbone hasnt.

It actually depends on how well they can update/upgrade their engine. 

If they can do a good job of it, that it looks new gen as well as performs like one, then yeah they can get away with it. 

BF has been doing that with frostbite for a while now(although the last installment had lots of issues since launch). 

Just now, White_Matter said:

It actually depends on how well they can update/upgrade their engine. 

If they can do a good job of it, that it looks new gen as well as performs like one, then yeah they can get away with it. 

BF has been doing that with frostbite for a while now(although the last installment had lots of issues since launch). 

We'll see with the new renderer.

It also comes down to what DE wants to risk. If they'd make a full new WF2 where people need to buy a bunch of stuff again aswell as re-obtain a bunch of old frames etc. chances are high that people would not play it. WF is afterall a live service game, few times does it end well when you get forced to move to a new installment.

And the problems we have in WF now would not be solved by a new engine or a WF2 with better graphics etc. The performance issues would still be the same because the biggest root of all performance issues in WF are related to the P2P system. Most of the things we experience as bugs in multiplayer sessions are never seen when we play solo, they are 99% of the time client issues.

So if DE wants to throw money on better performance, the first place to start would be dedicated servers, it is the only thing that can really solve most of the performance issues. The rest of them are solved by having better hardware on the playerside. I mean the game is already pretty and well optimized enough on a PC, on a top end PC it is quite stunning.

27 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Given a previous comment, do you see what I mean when I said that "some people aren't joking".

Whether it's due to bitterness or basic stupidity, some people will actually believe nonsense as blatant as your joke. These people shouldn't be encouraged.

You weren't to know, but you do now.

Well dame..  guess I will have to be more careful. . I mean I'll give DE a hard time if I think they deserve it. . But I truly want warframe to succeed. .... it's my favorite game. . Besides mass effect trilogy. ..

The progression systems are not interesting or fun. They are tedious and daunting. I left in 2018 to play other games. I noticed the game peaked in 2018 on steam charts and has declined since. The linear shallow syndicate ranking system really hit it's worst with solaris united/vox solaris.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I mean the game is already pretty and well optimized enough on a PC, on a top end PC it is quite stunning

I agree with the optimization(you get fps drops for no reason still, and you have to optimize the game every once in a while to prevent performance loss) but the visuals not so much. They are still decent, but some of the old tilesets/frames/skins look atrocious. Most tilesets don't have enough polygons and most textures look pretty ugly when you zoom in. You can update textures and lighting as much as you want, but those alone can't make up for what you lack in polygons and details. 

But that speaks volumes about how great the base engine is. WF managed ot keep up for 8 years with most current titles despite being alot older.

17 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I think it is more that people love to scream their lungs out and DE usually nerfs most content based on the negative opinions of the few. Not that I like liches as they are, they need serious changes. I do however think DE went overboard with the pampering on reactors. They pretty much removed every incentive to get anything beyond a min rolled Vidar since above 90 capacity is near pointless. They should have probably done it differently, with a wider gap between min and max, that would give players good reactors since Sigma was already more enough for Veil, while still also having something to grind for in order to perfect and min-max builds.

DE clearly does not get endgame and sadly neither does the majority of the playerbase.

I think warframes dies when the devs begin listening to reactionaries on the forums and making hasty changes to placate. 

Truth is, I trust the devs decision making for the longevity of this game than people that cry about "RNG and Grind" in a game and genre built on RNG and grind. 

The moment they continue to make a game designed by committee is when it will fall apart for not having any kind of unified vision.

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, White_Matter said:

I agree with the optimization(you get fps drops for no reason still, and you have to optimize the game every once in a while to prevent performance loss) but the visuals not so much. They are still decent, but some of the old tilesets/frames/skins look atrocious. Most tilesets don't have enough polygons and most textures look pretty ugly when you zoom in. You can update textures and lighting as much as you want, but those alone can't make up for what you lack in polygons and details. 

But that speaks volumes about how great the base engine is. WF managed ot keep up for 8 years with most current titles despite being alot older.

Yep and we can see how well it still does with things like the revamped Gas City aswell as the Plains. On the plains you can actually see the texture of the moss-like grass aswell as the carved up dirt. It just looks very natural in some way.

Several tiles do need an update, so does many of the old frame skins. For instance, default Ash versus Prime is like comparing puke to ice cream.

53 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I think warframes dies when the devs begin listening to reactionaries on the forums and making hasty changes to placate. 

Truth is, I trust the devs decision making for the longevity of this game than people that cry about "RNG and Grind" in a game and genre built on RNG and grind. 

The moment they continue to make a game designed by committee is when it will fall apart for not having any kind of unified vision.

Warframe right now has no unifyied vision, because Steve has no unifyied vision. DE makes things up as they go. They throw stuff to the wall to see what sticks. That's why Warframe is the mess that it is, and has been, for over 5 years now. If DE had a vision for their story and gameplay, Warframe would be built on more than RNG and grind. But it isn't. And that's the problem. It's shallow and mediocre outside of RNG and grind.

Edited by TheGildedOni
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Yep, I think if DE decides that "this mode will have this RNG" then they should follow through and keep that RNG. If people dont like it, well then they dont have to play it. That is how most games do it and DE should follow that imo.

So far everything DE has released has been watered down and made trivial due to complainers. I think the only mode I can say I agree with being in a bad spot in several ways is the Lich mode. But that is more due to it not being interesting enough and not because it has "too much RNG!".

DE also needs to stop with knee jerk changes. It is just straight up silly how they handled reactors. It is like they went "they cant possible complain about RNG if we crank up the bottom rolls to top roll levels!" and then just went through with it to avoid complaints. Something that had longevity based on what most games base their longevity on now has zero longevity, even though DE just a little while prior to those changes admited they wanted to change rewards so missions gets played more.

Edited by SneakyErvin

On 2020-01-26 at 2:00 AM, Fire2box said:

Okay yeah they are live streaming but there's no in-game events. But that's exactly what DE does multiple times a week and normally a bi-weekly dev stream. 

https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791433471177/announcements/detail/1716368354762252005

Sure, but the thing is that Terraria devs don't usually do livestreams like DE does. The playerbase is used to DE doing devstrems, meanwhile the Terraria playerbase isn't used to their devs doing devstreams nearly as commonly, so the Terraria devs doing them automatically generates player interest in a way that DE's near-clockwork devstreams do not. 

Hence why I'm not hugely surprised at Terraria temporarily beating Warframe in player count. It's a fun game that the devs are actively promoting in a way that's unusual for them. 

Tho I was wrong about the ingame events. I thought there was one going on, but I was mistaken. Still, I think my above point is legit.