Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

3 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Come on, you're doing this deliberately. It's obvious.

In a game that has consistently grown year by year, an upward trend is thus "usual".

A year with a downward trend is "unusual".

I couldn't give 2 licks of a cows nostril about other F2P games, I'm talking about Warframe. I think that's the third time I've clarified this to you.

I wasnt refering to the downward trend to begin with, I was refering to the peaks and lows that became more visually present at the end of 2017. Still I'll bite and touch the downward trend subject too.

While the downward trend can be seen as unusual, it is really only the case if you look at the game in a vaccuum. Even if WF would just even out and neither gain or lose players it would still be unusual due to the upwards trend that has been with it since release, that is if you look at it in a vaccuum. In reality it isnt unusual, because a game will not grow infinitely except for the total playerbase. One could say that the unusual part is really that the game has constantly increased in active player numbers over the course of 4-5 years, since that is far more eye catching when you look at gaming as a whole. We also arent talking about increases from small numbers into slightly higher, we are talking about quite high numbers that have increased to even bigger numbers constantly over 4-5 years.

You cant look at a game (or anything else for that matter) in isolation, it will not give you a proper grasp of what is actually happening or how it holds up in relation to the norm or other titles/products/whatever.

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

One could say that the unusual part is really that the game has constantly increased in active player numbers over the course of 4-5 years, since that is far more eye catching when you look at gaming as a whole.

You could, certainly.

But I wasn't talking about gaming as a whole, I was talking about Warframe. You were talking about gaming as a whole, not me, it isn't and wasn't pertinent to my posts.

And yes, I'm looking at the player counts in isolation. We were discussing Warframe's playercount, just because I'm not joining in on your random tangents doesn't mean I'm wrong to do so.

If something continually goes up and suddenly starts to go down, that is unusual.

I just have 2 things to say since this interview was a whole lot of empty speech imo.

1st: Only 28k people replied to the survey. If they wanted a well distributed feedback from many different players, they should have put this on all platforms.

I completly missed it although i log into the game frequently, follow Devstreams and am pretty active on the forums..

2nd: Out of those players ~40% voted Liches (one of the two biggest updates of the year!) the worst Update of the year.

At the same time they said in one of the last Devstreams that they dont plan to make any big changes to Liches besides minor fixes.

Lets wait and see if they change their plans.

Edited by DreisterDino
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, IIDMOII said:

Everything has a catch that prevents you from truly enjoying it. Everything right down to the games reward system. You don't even get rewarded for your efforts. You have to build your own rewards and wait up to 3 days to get them after the fact.

But, there's no need to get better rewards later. Your chroma won't become obsolete just because you find another chroma with better stat/perk, the one and done model

3 hours ago, IIDMOII said:

I challenge them to make a piece of content that isn't driven by a psychological f2p manipulation. Release a MEATY and traditional content loop and people may actually be willing to spend as a reward for good support.

question is, what is your definition of meaty and traditional content loop? Is it loot with random bonus? A chain of lengthy quests to get one legendary weapon? Long, stretched out boss battles for a so called raid drop? What is it?

4 hours ago, IIDMOII said:

I've put enough hours into this game despite hating a lot about it. I'd be willing to pay for a premium membership if it meant more and BETTER content. I would have no issue paying monthly to supplement the non-spenders.

I wouldn't even want any special perks for it either. People that pay should remain equal. I would be happy with a seat on a community design council so my voice and money is actually heard.

Everything this. I was loving warframe up until about 2 months ago with the drop of liches and such. About 90% of my playtime as warframe over the last 2-3 years. Love so many things about it. But the last couple updates in the timespan of 2-3 months has soured me. Been playing since 2015 I think.

I would totally pay a subscription if that meant the possibility of dedicated servers, And at minimum monthly console updates.

for the amount of content in this game at this point, imo the last thing we need is more broken content at launch only for it to take a month or more for fixes to filter to Console. It’s souring the playerbase. 

Some of the ideas DE throwing around is too much. There is too much content in this game that needs tweaks and attention before we go ahead and put more broken systems out there to further exacerbate the technical issues in this game. 

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

blood and empyrean shows the opposite, since old blood attracted a good chunk of vets that according to the monthly numbers stayed (and increased slightly) throughout december and the empyrean update

Steam charts are showing a large drop-off right now as we speak and also by player feedback the retention is just as low for players and if not.lower after this update

1 hour ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Steam charts are showing a large drop-off right now as we speak and also by player feedback the retention is just as low for players and if not.lower after this update

I've tried playing Plauge Star and honestly it's a bunch of babysitting with nothing interesting behind it but a free forma per run. I don't know if Destiny 2's season is winding down but I know Monster Hunter world has a festival going on for like 3 weeks with nearly all of it's limited time events back for new players like me. 

Vut what I'd really like to know is why does Terraria have more players then Warframe on a Saturday afternoon in the america's. It's "last" update isn't even close to out I think. unknown.png

• Like 5

23 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I mean the games Free 2 play. Having a grind creates more of an incentive to buy things in the game.

The issue now is that DE majorly overstepped their boundaries with the Lich and Railjack grinds with things like Stacking 7 layers of RNG and RNG stats. Things that do not respect the time and effort the players put into the game.

What’s the seven layers? I always see people say this?

17 minutes ago, Kimimoto said:

No surprise

If you put all your eggs into the year long update basket and one flops then you're #*!%ed for 2 years

If only they knew that warframe players don't really like archwing ...oh wait :crylaugh:

Well it took them several months to admit that players don't really like dying to some rng roll. Several years and they still believe that archwing is the future of warframe.

I feel very confident about the bright future of the game :clem:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Viges said:

If only they knew that warframe players don't really like archwing ...oh wait :crylaugh:

Well it took them several months to admit that players don't really like dying to some rng roll. Several years and they still believe that archwing is the future of warframe.

I feel very confident about the bright future of the game :clem:

I know I’m wearing shades...     you know what, in two months they have a prime access to sell. I wonder how they’re going to go…also with their player base low. I’ll be looking out for more aggressive monetization… Double endo boosters...  lolol

7 hours ago, Fire2box said:

Vut what I'd really like to know is why does Terraria have more players then Warframe on a Saturday afternoon in the america's. It's "last" update isn't even close to out I think.

Terraria just got off a big dev activity push with livestreams and, IIRC ingame events.

2 hours ago, Viges said:

If only they knew that warframe players don't really like archwing ...oh wait

All my clanmates were like "this is how archwing should've been in the first place", and honestly I think Railjack's core gameplay is incredibly fun, once you strip away the awful economy and imbalanced enemies. Sure it needs more content, but we're getting new content, and the ability to seamlessly go from flying a spaceship to warframe's normal core gameplay is incredibly fun for me.

The only reason I'm not playing the S#&$ out of railjack right now is because the balance isn't good enough for me to want to and I can't solo it in a fun fashion. Once command intrinsics come out and DE fixes the scaling and economy, I think railjack will truly shine.

10 minutes ago, Cpl_Facehugger said:

Terraria just got off a big dev activity push with livestreams and, IIRC ingame events.

All my clanmates were like "this is how archwing should've been in the first place", and honestly I think Railjack's core gameplay is incredibly fun, once you strip away the awful economy and imbalanced enemies. Sure it needs more content, but we're getting new content, and the ability to seamlessly go from flying a spaceship to warframe's normal core gameplay is incredibly fun for me.

The only reason I'm not playing the S#&$ out of railjack right now is because the balance isn't good enough for me to want to and I can't solo it in a fun fashion. Once command intrinsics come out and DE fixes the scaling and economy, I think railjack will truly shine.

Yip  I feel the same.   But no one is playing it on PS4. Were all waiting for fixers.  Which we havent got a single one in over 6 week.. 

but if DE get there %$#@ Together I think railjack could be something.    But they hurt themselves with its lunch. .. and lost all hype for it. .  If they waited,  railjack could have brought in alot of players not lose them....

Edited by (PS4)SolarPhantom82

3 hours ago, (XB1)DreamyRelic80 said:

What’s the seven layers? I always see people say this?

requiem relic grind

requiem mod grind

Requiem code

kuva weapon

kuva weapon elemental stats

Thrall farming/figuring out the code

its honestly more like 5 levels of RNG and a handful of grinds. But calling it 7 layers of RNG is faster and hammers home the point more that the Lich system sucks.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

requiem relic grind

requiem mod grind

Requiem code

kuva weapon

kuva weapon elemental stats

Thrall farming/figuring out the code

its honestly more like 5 levels of RNG and a handful of grinds. But calling it 7 layers of RNG is faster and hammers home the point more that the Lich system sucks.

Vode tracers for relics. And 5 forma for weapions. And ephemera. . So at lest 7

6 hours ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

but if DE get there %$#@ Together I think railjack could be something.    But they hurt themselves with its lunch. .. and lost all hype for it. .  If they waited,  railjack could have brought in alot of players not lose them....

There is a problem with DE when it comes to waiting it to release. That's something I'd like to call "Developer volatility", and what I mean with that:

Its a case where a Dev will change their mind on a particular update so frequently, that they end up getting nothing done. This is not uncommon in Dev studio, DE themselves have admitted on doing it a few times in several interviews. Two examples being the Kuva lich, which became completely different that what was initially advertised in tennocon, and the Empyrean Energy system, which was also taken down. In other words, DE can't make up their minds on HOW they want to execute it. This doesn't, of course, mean that they are bad at developing, because that's not the case here.

iirc, Steve said in a revent interview that they released empyrean so early in development because they wanted something to work with, and not keep changing it like they did in the Kuva lich when it was in the oven. Effectively meaning that keeping empyrean in the oven would not have improved it.

I think this might be a problem in management. I could be wrong, but most of the management are technically artist. Steve himself is an Art Director.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Well, if the place the survey was announced was Twitter and thus the main audience for it were Twitter users, then it's a Twitter survey in my book. :tongue:

It was also on reddit was well. Thats where I learned about.

1 hour ago, Aadi880 said:

I think this might be a problem in management. I could be wrong, but most of the management are technically artist. Steve himself is an Art Director.

I think Scott is a Programmer but I think he might be the best one out of the 5 regulars on Dev stream to manage. But Steve's the boss, so.