Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

90 % said no plat for lich, DE says show me the money

(PSN)TONI__RIBEIRO

23 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

I mean, yeah. WF is a free-to-play game with pay-to-skip microtransactions. When you buy frames or weapons or boosters, you pay to skip (or at least accelerate) a part of the game. Why would anyone pay to skip something that's fun? The devs have to make the game unfun and tedious to get people to pay to not have to play it.

Eh touche

We'll see what happens I guess, still I wonder if we'll get New War/Railjack this year 

48 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Eh touche

We'll see what happens I guess, still I wonder if we'll get New War/Railjack this year 

I f*cking hope not, because if we do, it's going to be even more rushed and half-baked, both technically and design-wise, than this stupid lich system.

5 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

That's actually bad. If you could trade lich contracts repeatedly, people would keep passing them around to get the ephemeras from them without vanquishing them. The supply of ephemera lich contracts would keep increasing and prices would keep dropping. Being only tradeable once means the supply will stay low and prices high.

it prevents the formation of a lich mafia. 

Considering the utter dumpster fire rivens and the riven market has turned out to be, I can't see this limitation as anything but good. 

I am happy they made the change and a way to get weapons that might not be dropping for you.  

It's a good thing, why do you care if someone makes or spends plat?  Because you got lucky and wanted to be an elitist?  

Grow up, these are great changes that offer a light at end of tunnel for collectors.  If someone wants to buy everyone, good, they are supporting developers so I don't have to.  

Honestly, it's good that DE allowed you to trade liches for plat. If DE had made it lich for lich only, people would still charge plat for it, in a second trade. This would increase the likelihood of scammers. 

BTW, no one is forcing you to buy liches. You can still farm your own if you want the "pride and accomplishment" 

Just now, Miser_able said:

Honestly, it's good that DE allowed you to trade liches for plat. If DE had made it lich for lich only, people would still charge plat for it, in a second trade. This would increase the likelihood of scammers. 

BTW, no one is forcing you to buy liches. You can still farm your own if you want the "pride and accomplishment" 

Actually play the game and try your luck? What? You really want <ephemera|kuva weapon>? Just farm and sell junk prime parts and buy the liches with plat.

There are Warframe players and Wartrade players.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

If DE had made it lich for lich only, people would still charge plat for it, in a second trade.

How? It's not like you can force someone to stay in your dojo for the second trade. If someone tried to pull that on me, what's stopping me from completing the first trade, getting the lich, and then leaving so I don't have to fork over platinum? 

Not only are some of these weapons the best in game. The epherma was one of the few things we could feel good about looting. Now the whales get to jump ahead of the pack and just buy everything. Avoid all purposely put in place RNG and skip the entire process.  It is terrible and part of the reason the game is not doing so good.  

When they add this kinda blatant p2w into the game. It kinda becomes demotivating for the average joe. Like why bother?. Nothing is sacred anymore. Not even the oh so rare Ephemera's. A few of my clan mates were so pissed they went to go play other stuff.  😖

This entire old blood update is just a clusterfudge of DE dangling carrots in front of our faces and telling us it can all be avoided with plat. From the Grendal missions ( worst missions in game in my opinion) to the lich buffoonery. It is not a good look for them. 

I don't mind supporting the game through tennogen skins and bundles but  this stuff is the type of thing that demotivates me and just makes me want to play something else. Certain grinds should never be bi-passable with plat. Especially ones that are supposed to be our endgame. It usually has a negative impact on games like this one. Sure DE gets a quick influx of cash but the entire update will be forgotten fast in the future. Will just be another part of the game you either grind or pay to skip. That is a bad thing in my opinion for the longevity and authenticity of the update, Weasel move by DE. 

Edited by bananacat89
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Is that Jim?, or someone else

what ever the case, this is a wonderful image

Of all the places I thought I'd never see any mention of the internet's favorite good boy Jim, who didn't do anything wrong and is still waiting for you to pay him the money you stole, Susan.

2 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

I f*cking hope not, because if we do, it's going to be even more rushed and half-baked, both technically and design-wise, than this stupid lich system.

its gonna be like this regardless, bud

Look at Lich, it was "done" yet, half the stuff was added later, cuz "feedback"

Money vs Happiness 

47 minutes ago, bananacat89 said:

Now the whales get to jump ahead of the pack and just buy everything. Avoid all purposely put in place RNG and skip the entire process.

Get ahead of the pack? I'm not sure if we're playing the same game or not. Warframe has always been a "pay to shortcut" game. And if you have a problem with money buying you "status" or getting you "ahead of the pack" then I'm willing to wager that you think orange man is bad.

2 hours ago, Gurpgork said:

How? It's not like you can force someone to stay in your dojo for the second trade. If someone tried to pull that on me, what's stopping me from completing the first trade, getting the lich, and then leaving so I don't have to fork over platinum? 

Why would you agree to a deal if you didn't like the terms, unless you planned on scamming the other person. 

39 minutes ago, M3tallius said:

Get ahead of the pack? I'm not sure if we're playing the same game or not. Warframe has always been a "pay to shortcut" game. And if you have a problem with money buying you "status" or getting you "ahead of the pack" then I'm willing to wager that you think orange man is bad.

No, it's always been pay-to-not-play or pay-to-play-less.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, just don't spend the money and don't buy into the system.

Though there is that old adage of fools and their money, so I fully expect some people to be so dense as to buy a contract for 20k platinum and then get salty that others managed to get what they got and whine about it on the forum.

1 hour ago, M3tallius said:

Yeah but they have been pushing the boundaries lately. It is getting  hard to defend their actions nowadays with the same old argument. It has been a long time since DE won over the fans and gaming community with their removal of a mechanic that caused one player to spend to much. Lately it just feels like they are ruining the game with to much penny pinching. Designing stuff with the sole intent of people spending rather then people having fun.  We need something to grind for that is not paywalled. For the good of the game. You can support it all you like but I don't want to. To much micro transactions ruins content development and in this case it shows. I am fine with a bit here and there but at one point you gotta say " Hey Devs, Cut the crap. This ain't no mobile game so stop treating it like one"