The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spoilered!

(PSN)SkroderSkrodz

I kind of wonder how difficult it would be for DE to basically "skin" operators with their Warframes so that, to people who haven't yet finished TSD, it just looks like Excalibur (or whoever else) boofing void stuff around. They may need to do that kind of modelling for Duviri anyway, so it might not be that hard to adapt that work to that concept.

• Like 1

<That time players don't realize you can see if a new guy has completed TSD by clicking on their profile. 

If you've completed TSD, it will reveal your operator on that screen. If not, it hides everything. It's not that hard and really should be done, my fellow vets.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Furebel said:

To be honest you spoiled it yourself by researching it online, every time there is mentioning of operators, it is tagged as spoilers.

And by the way they are not really inside, you still have huge brain #*!%up coming up in the Sacrifice quest.

Too bad Google search results doesn't include spoiler tags. I'm not sure if the results are the same, but in my region when I search for "warframe operator" it pretty much spoils information. 

Edited by (PS4)SkroderSkrodz

5 hours ago, (PS4)SkroderSkrodz said:

I know that this game is pretty old (6-7 years) and I think I know that I should know about operators already, but is it too much to ask the vets and high MR players to not use operators while with low MR players like myself? I may be called out here for being entitled for whining about spoilers for a 7-year old game, but I feel pretty much spoilered and it bummed me out about the Warframes I'm collecting as of the moment. 

personally me and most others always check what rank were playing with and then adapt to their play style like if their new dont show anything big or spoilery, im sure the inaros lad just thought with you being mr7 that you'd done the mission already

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, (PS4)SkroderSkrodz said:

Too bad Google search results doesn't include spoiler tags. I'm not sure if the results are the same, but in my region when I search for "warframe operator" it pretty much spoils information. 

But Ordis calls you Operator all the time.. so unless you were reading the forums or the wiki, why would you expect the lanky fellow to be a "Warframe Operator"?

18 minutes ago, nslay said:

But Ordis calls you Operator all the time.. so unless you were reading the forums or the wiki, why would you expect the lanky fellow to be a "Warframe Operator"?

My first search was "teenager warframe" then "waframe operator".

Note that yes, I have heard Ordis repeat the name Operator multiple times but in that context, I was thinking "operator" is synonymous to "Tenno" which until that discovery, were the Warframes themselves. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

I understand how it can be frustrating for the new players to be spoilered by operators, however, personally, I am too used to the operator mode, there is just no way I won't accidentially use it even if I am aware there are low MR players around.

New players shouldn't know what they are seeing... like me and another poster thought they were a cosmetic. OP went and Googled it and only partly spoiled it for him/herself.

1 hour ago, Tyreaus said:

I kind of wonder how difficult it would be for DE to basically "skin" operators with their Warframes so that, to people who haven't yet finished TSD, it just looks like Excalibur (or whoever else) boofing void stuff around. They may need to do that kind of modelling for Duviri anyway, so it might not be that hard to adapt that work to that concept.

It's already done. At least for the client playing. You can toggle it in settings. It's intended for streamers to use in order to not spoil it for viewers.

I don't know how it looks like to others in the squad. Can't ask my friends to check because they've all completed the quest and will probably see it as it really is.

26 minutes ago, nslay said:

New players shouldn't know what they are seeing... like me and another poster thought they were a cosmetic. OP went and Googled it and only partly spoiled it for him/herself.

My friend, standing on a defense objective: *doing inexplicable things looking like a small humanoid*
Me: What is THAT?!
Friend: I'm a living spoiler!
Me: *Turns away*

Still had fun during the quest.

Edited by Uthael

5 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

That's not much of a spoiler, also Ordis calls you operator right from the start and every one else tenno scoom 😄  Also there is that new player trailer, all the devstreams etc. If they really wanted to hide it they should have made it invisible for players not finished the quests.
Also that Inaros was not very good at hiding his op... and on low level missions why do you need and op at all and with an inaros non the less 😄 

ordis calling you operator/tenno is in no way a spoiler at all. to the average player just joining the game when they first hear being referecned by those names they just think "oh operator/Tenno is simply just what were refered to as in universe" 

the same way as Destiny has its guardians, Bordrlands has its vault hunters and Halo has its spartans. 

they never jump to "SUPER MEGA UBER SPOILERS REEEEEE" when hearing it. it isnt until the second dream that the name operator takes on its true meaning. refering to "US" the actual entity controlling the warframes. 

You can litteraly find out these from just browsing the steam workshop, or watching any stream or video by any youtuber. It's become such a well known fact, I'm supprised you even got to mr7 without knowing lol

People aren't just going to stop using an ability just because you haven't beaten it

8 hours ago, (PS4)SkroderSkrodz said:

but is it too much to ask the vets and high MR players to not use operators while with low MR players like myself?

well, considering there's a few, shall we say.. benefits tied to Operator Mode, it's unlikely people won't use it even if you ask them nicely. besides, there's reasons and lore behind the Operators which you can still experience for yourself by doing the quest.

as far as public games go, anything goes. that's just how it is.

13 hours ago, (PS4)SkroderSkrodz said:

I just played the game for over a month ago. I'm MR7 now but with only a few hours in- 60+ in game hours. Lately this week I've been playing Coba on Earth in the Public realm.

One game this morning, I noticed this MR18 Inaros doing some fantastic ninja acrobatics when suddenly I saw a small, lanky person come in and out of Inaros. This happened a lot of times during the game, and I've captured multiple screenshots of this small person. I researched further online and discovered about Operators. Further googling showed on the initial search results about how operators are the ones controlling Warframes. And this should be revealed when I finish the Second Dream Quest. I know I should be doing that quest already, as I've been delaying Natah for weeks now as I feel I'm very underpowered on Europa. 

To be honest, it crushed me to know that Warframes are just sort of pseudo-armors or whatever and someone's controlling them from the inside.

I know that this game is pretty old (6-7 years) and I think I know that I should know about operators already, but is it too much to ask the vets and high MR players to not use operators while with low MR players like myself? I may be called out here for being entitled for whining about spoilers for a 7-year old game, but I feel pretty much spoilered and it bummed me out about the Warframes I'm collecting as of the moment. 

*sad Tenno face* 

your upset cause you went an looked up something that is a spoiler?
yet complain that you looked up about a spoiler?
the process in getting a operator is MR 3 at the lowests
the quest to further your operator is MR 5 at the lowest.
unless you have not been doing your junctions which you should be doing you shouldn't be MR 7 an yet know nothing of the operator

I'm going to be frank, I avoided spoilers for the first year after moving to switch but now it's just like... I'm not fighting back 4 years of muscle memory to avoid doing something that is a core part of most gameplay I do.

It's a core part of so many gameplay elements at this point that not using it feels incredibly limiting, and that's on Switch where it frequently takes 1-2 seconds to switch back and forth unless you're host.

If you don't want spoilers, don't google things. If you want to know what you're doing, Google things. If you know what you're doing, you're already spoiled. That's the kind of game Warframe is.

You see the plains and see eidolons? Want to find out how to fight them? Google it? Hahaha spoilers.

You see the Index? Want to learn how to do it? Search a YouTube video? Haha spoilers.

You search modding and find out about arcanes? Haha spoilers.

The players who have the best experiences with this game are the ones who just accept that they don't know anything and put up with that until they beat the story.

11 hours ago, (XB1)Madinogi said:

ordis calling you operator/tenno is in no way a spoiler at all. to the average player just joining the game when they first hear being referecned by those names they just think "oh operator/Tenno is simply just what were refered to as in universe" 

the same way as Destiny has its guardians, Bordrlands has its vault hunters and Halo has its spartans. 

they never jump to "SUPER MEGA UBER SPOILERS REEEEEE" when hearing it. it isnt until the second dream that the name operator takes on its true meaning. refering to "US" the actual entity controlling the warframes. 

You didn't answer to the rest of my post tho "If they really wanted to hide it they should have made it invisible for players not finished the quests."
Also the little person in of itself is not a big spoiler, the story is and when you see a little person you just can guess things.
I've seen operators when I first started playing public, not solo, but I didn't search the net to spoil myself and the quest was great.
In the end OP more spoiled himself than the inaros who apparently needed an operator on lv2-3 mission.

4 hours ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

You see the plains and see eidolons? Want to find out how to fight them? Google it? Hahaha spoilers.

You see the Index? Want to learn how to do it? Search a YouTube video? Haha spoilers.

You search modding and find out about arcanes? Haha spoilers.

The players who have the best experiences with this game are the ones who just accept that they don't know anything and put up with that until they beat the story.

qft

Edited by vegetosayajin
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

so you mean everyone who already had finished the questline (which isn't that much to play) should everytime he playes check the profiles of anybody if they already finished and then maybe use his operator? ... 

Why would you be using an operator on earth (aside from eidolon hunts)? That sounds like someone was trying to spoil people.

Edited by (XB1)Demon Intellect

vor 57 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Demon Intellect:

Why would you be using an operator on earth (aside from eidolon hunts)? That sounds like someone was trying to spoil people.

nope. thats what you maybe want to read, but not what i've wrote and not what he ask for.

he ask for deny operator for every "low level planet" what also includes venus, mars, ceres, ... , a few dark sector rails,  disruptions, assassination (earth assassination is btw lvl 20-25 if i remember right), the plains or fortuna also are open for higher level but you will find a lot of new player there and so on. he also ask for checking if there is a new player in your squad who don't finished the main story line. all of that has nothing to do with earth or willingly spoiling people. He is MR7, so sorry, but in relation to his MR i think most players would assume he already finished the story line to that point. 

I don't think you NEED to use a Operator on low level missions, but it might happens under some circumstances. also you can't assume that everyone has the time or is willing to check everything just to play a quick mission. public matchmaking is alway a gambling game... you never know what you get.

Edited by (PS4)NewcastleDisease
typo

1 minute ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

nope. thats what you maybe want to read, but not what i've wrote and not what he ask for.

he ask for deny operator for every "low level planet" what also includes venus, mars, ceres, ... , a few dark sector rails,  disruptions assassination (earth assassination is btw lvl 25 if i remember right), the plains or fortuna also are open for higher level but you will find a lot of new player there and so on. he also ask for checking if there is a new player in your squad who don't finished the main story line. all of that has nothing to do with earth or willingly spoiling people. He is MR7, so sorry, but in relation to his MR i think most players would assume he already finished the story line to that point. 

I don't think you NEED to use a Operator an low level missions, but it might happens under some circumstances. also you can't assume that everyone has the time or is willing to check everything just to play a quick mission. public matchmaking is alway a gambling game... you never know what you get.

So you're the guy who goes to earth sees MR 1 and 2's and goes 'let's spoil a major reveal for these guys.' An easy fix DE could do is have an option kind of like content creator mode that hides spoilers until a certain MR. So until you complete the second dream operators would be invisible. Not hard to do.