The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please DE , we need new lines for Ordis

(PSN)krizalid9999

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I really wish this was something that they continually added lines to every few updates. Kind of like a running Easter egg, with hidden triggers. Missed opportunity to make game feel alive. 

They do this with Nora Night. Every now and then they release a batch of new lines for her. It makes my task of keeping her dialogue page up-to-date difficult.

Although, Sheryl Mebane (the voice actor for Nora) has sort of implied that she's only done about 2 voice acting sessions for DE, so I'd guess they had her record tons and tons of lines and are parcelling out the release of those lines into the game for some reason.

• Like 1

I agree, Ordis can be annoying, but Voiceover work is some of the longest things it takes to produce time wise. they have to write it, record it, edit it, subtitle it, etc. plus at this point I've learned that once any voice lines start to repeat, it becomes annoying. even with characters I love like Darvo, their lines grate eventually.

I can't imagine new ordis lines would take much dev. time. I would certainly love to hear more varied lines; possibly even triggered comments like mentioned above.
-mission type completion, back to orbiter
-companion/sentinel/moa related lines
-ordis sad/jealous when you are in an extended mission with other players

Edited by Zentimental

There is not a single character that has enough lines for how often they speak in game.

DE has an obsession with making things talk during gameplay, even though nothing they say really brings any value. They even had to make the operator talk to their Warframe.

I don't know if they think it's immersive or something, but having Lotus say the exact same thing every time I do a capture mission achieves the complete opposite of immersion.

I honestly would still mute all because these lines repeat in time. More lines can make it longer to used to bore that but still I find these mission advices lack. Lotus lacks, Nora lacks, Ordis lacks, Other memorable characters lack and so on. This is not the focus of the game but once you make a video game where there are acting and tons of discussion then it must be a very long long line of says.

I prefer games where there are no voice acting just bare texts because in texts you can imagine a sound a voice in your head and easier to type 1000+ lines of text than make a simple line with different tones. 

Same goes to the operators where you can choose from a bare minimum which is really low. Of course not easy to do but they could have record at least 100-150 person voices and make a mixture of them so you can make a greater variation. There are also synthetizer programs for this role so you could basically record an unlimited amount of voices to make sentences and characters. 

My desire is to reach an almost human like in game avatar which interacts you in different ways and has different says. Almost like we humans speak. The operator could for example ask questions and Ordis or another Cephalon or guides could answer to it with differently. For this it would be a great need to imporve the interaction us and the objects, enemies, evrionment so in a later talk they could praise us how many grineer we sliced or how bad we were for example at parkouring. Just few idea what come in my mind. 

The potential is there to improve this part too but somehow always the priority is different so a lot of part of the game not improving but it needs if it wants to be an amazing all around game.

• Like 3