Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

Resources for the railjack need to be changed so that you can stock them from the drydock, and the refinement option is completely removed from the game.  In mission, railjack gets a copy of the drops the players are collecting.

This way, we can spend less time focusing on resourcing and more time on killing stuff.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Alpha_Tango said:

I had high hopes for RJ and did enjoy it a great deal until the only thing left for me to do (actually for the whole game) is grinding for Intrinsics. I really don't mind the grind to be clear, IF only there was something else to do than Gian Point ad nauseum. 

I am 9/10/8/10 now but just logging in to drag myself for another boring space extermination mission immediately kills the mood for me. So I barely play WF now because of the frustrating lack of "interesting" things to get busy with while waiting for the the next installation.

What comes next may not be purely RJ feedback but I have to say it nevertheless. From what I observed, the piecemeal strategy to release rushed content is your biggest Waterloo. I think it is best not to oversold future release if you know you're going to fail deadlines and just stumble on another bug filled one that usually eat most of your time. Cramming just to please the player base with hotfixes. Hotfixes for me is a sign of ill planning to be frank and leaves only a lasting poor taste even when things do get fixed. I did the initial RJ grind upon release, but everything was cut off short with the nerfed RJ parts (reactor). Now I learned not to ever fall for hyped expansions again, be played for a fool and just participate when you're done using players as beta testers. Your long history of grind nerfs is actually appalling at this point and should be stopped or continue bleeding players. Losing time and effort is a great insult for loyal players tbh, quit making it a habit.

Judging from the sheer amount of resources back, the railjack quest should be MUCH easier to complete now, as I'm guessing it's somewhere between a 50-75% reduction (or more) in costs.

New prob for me with the mainline, more than half my missions don't end once all objectives done, can't access the nav console either so straight aborts necessary, losing intrinsics etc.

Your bug creation team is doing a fine job 😛

• Like 1

So as of today I finally finished building my rail jack. That alone is kind of ridiculous, but ok. Idk why the grind had to be so long. Why would you lock your entire big Tennocon super super mainline update content behind a grind wall? Like I couldn't even start until now. But anyway, you realized that, after 2 months or so. I was finished at this point anyway.

Oh by the way, during the grind I did another quest and was wondering why the dry dock terminal was dysfunctional -> because I had not activated the Rising Tide quest again! The terminal should be unlocked once and for all once used.

So now Cephalon Cy tells me my the railjack is finished an I should board it. Uhm ok, in typical Warframe manner I'm at a complete loss. The super logical obvious way would be to use the terminal you used multiple times until that point to interact with the railjack. BUT NO! That terminal does nothing anymore. I even went to the little boarding pad in my search but didn't notice the tiny interface thing that says "press to board"!!! It's a mother#*!%in quest, why can't there be a yellow marker, as always? Why is the objective not visible in a text on the left, as always? Often during Warframes obscure quests I'm searching for what to do for so long I forgot what I'm even searching for!

So anyway, finally inside my Railjack. I walk around, find countless "exit Railjack" switches but not much else. Eventually a gunner cockit of sorts that's still unusable. Why does this not at least have fast travel points like the orbiter? Or labels on the map?? After activating that weird void powered engine or power core or orikin sarcophagus or whatever I'm in my first railjack mission somehow.

I was able to find the cockpit and kill some bad(?) guys. Eventually there is a bigger ship that I shoot at for a minute and get it down to 80% or so. Having none of that S#&$. Meanwhile Cephalon Cy is telling me that something is wrong with my ship and I think now I'm supposed to exit cockpit and do something about it like I've seen in the movies. I find hull breaches and fires but I DONT KNOW WHAT THE #*!% TO DO ABOUT IT. And how would I know??? Game is telling me nothing, like always! Sorry this is really making me furious. I FAILED my first mission!

It has been told to you countless times. Everyone knows this is Warframes' weakness. GUIDE THE PLAYER. Don't you test your content on oblivious game testers? Or do you and they're hopeless fanboys that just tell you everything is great?

Regarding Rail jacks configuration: that S#&$ is complex and stuffed with mysterious words. Idk what the #*!% most of that is, or how I am supposed to interact with it or why or when. The complexity kind of repels me, because at this point I still don't even know WHY I AM DOING ALL THIS. For some lame mouse controlled space combat? because that's all I saw until this point. When does the fun start?

I'm convinced if I did everything like you imagined I would be having great fun. But as always (Kuva Liches...) I have to consult third party (youtube guides, warframe wiki) to even gain ACCESS to the content. I don't want to have to watch someone else demonstrate to me how to do everything. I want to keep the magic of like actually playing the game. I mean I watched how you demonstrated everything back at Tennocon. But that S#&$s so long ago I don't remember any of it!!

Now I'm standing here considering of repeating the mission with the expected same outcome but I can't even find the cockpit again in this confusing interior layout. Think I'll go back to regular Warframe content and consider this mainline update content done for me.

Honestly I think you need to rethink the whole user experience approach. Scrap the codex. Embed a help system, a knowledge base, a USER MANUAL in the game that is available at any point. Maybe Ordis can play a role in this. I'm tired of having to refer to third parties or forum posts (that aren't linked by the launcher or game itself at all) at best to be able to play the game. As I recently told you "you're great at many things, but balance isn't one of it", (new) user guidance isn't one of them either.

sorry for the swearing, love you DE, love Warframe!!!!

Edited by supernils
  • Like 5

After playing with a friend we came with an idea, the host must be the "captain" of the railjack, meaning that a random who joined the crew shouldn't be able to launch another a mission or head for his dojo while the host and the other crew members want to do something else, because when I play with my friend and a random joins and decides to launch another mission without asking while we wanted to return the dojo, it's pretty annoying. 

• Like 3

Console Railjack Constructive Feedback as of  update 27.1.0:

Hopefully this is helpful to improve the game mode 🙂

Dry Dock UI for Railjack upgrades needs improvement in text size. Text is too small to read on console where I am sitting further away from screen (aka using TV). If we use the normal mods UI for regular missions as an example you can see the size difference in text size. Looking at Prime Pressure Point (text) is much easier than Hyperstrike (text). An increase in font size would be beneficial. I have had to get up close to my TV on several occasions to read what I have equipped on main avionics tab.

A tooltip/window for minimum-maximum roll % in the UI would be nice for weapons and parts upgrades. I had to go to youtube to discover that these were random rolls and what the maximum values were. If the game explained this was a random roll that would be really helpful.

Purchasing slots when you don't know how many you possess is kind of frustrating. If we use the normal equipment inventory UI as an example, I can easily view the # of slots I have for weapons/frames etc. In RJ I cannot find a menu that shows me the # of slots I have available. I purchased two recently but don't know where they actually went. A grid system like the normal equipment UI would be very helpful to show you your purchases and how many slots are available. Especially for those with limited platinum to spend.

Avionics symbols/iconology like dots, triangles and lines is a poor way to show the "houses." I realize there is only three houses but having the actual Zetki word and logo would be a great help. If we use the normal UI mods screen as an example having different art, color etc makes it more clear as to what the item is/does.

Avionic mods need to be larger in UI. There is a lot of wasted space on the avionics screen, sorry but its true. If the avionics mods were increased in size they would be easier to read and you could add additional information as mentioned above. Use the normal mods window for Prime Pressure Point as example of size and compare to avionics, it its quite the difference. Reduce the ship size in the middle of the screen and you should have the ability to make those mods larger and easier to read.

Mission vote would be nice. Sometimes you can't play multiple missions in a row because life happens (restroom, work, dinner etc). Having a way to see what the host wants to do would help to determine if I need to ask for the dry dock in chat or abort because I have to go now.

Return to orbit after mission would be great. I realize that's a Destiny term but Warframe already does this for normal missions. After each mission we return to orbit collect our rewards and vote for the next mission. That system is great because you can leave and collect you rewards or stay if you had a great time with those players. Additionally, by returning to orbit we are ensuring that our rewards went to our inventory.

A console in the orbiter (like the conclave, news, etc) would be great to view RJ load out like in the dry dock. Currently there is A LOT of loading in and out of the dojo just to to simple tasks like modding, scrapping, intrinsic etc. This would save time on going to and from the dojo. I realize the dry dock is the place for the RJ but this would be a nice QOL thing to have.

Crafting costs are pretty high for parts and weapons early on. I am not complaining, just stating my perspective. I realize this is a game about repetition but even the mk1 stuff has a some hefty costs in my opinion. I totally get the costs on the best of the best parts late game but maybe consider lowering costs for the entry level stuff so it will sink the hooks into the gameplay loop.

PS4 has some bugs that I am sure you are aware about: 1). Your warframe gettingstuck running which leads to RJ always sinking in space, same applies for archwing. Unstuck does not resolve issue. 2). Loading screen taking forever and eventually times out. 3). Host having to go onto larger ships to see the waypoints because away team has no waypoint. 4). Doors are ships not opening unless you are host (apples to aforementioned). 5). Doors are RJ open but you cannot walk through them. Can I make a suggestion and just remove the doors on the RJ so we don't get hung up on them? They are not needed IMO.

Finally, a codex entry explaining RJ systems, parts, modding etc would be very beneficial. I had to watch a 40min youtube tutorial to help understand the whole system. If there is something in the codex already, I was not able to see it immediately. 

This probably has been brought up several times now, I won't bother to check.

My Railjack Feedback is: Please, for the love of God, let us kill the Crew Ships with turrets and missiles.

I am currently not interested in the reasoning behind blocking this ability, all I know is that I'm currently sitting in Veil Proxima for more than one hour, refusing to abort. I know it's not relevant, but at this point I feel it should be known why getting back to Railjack over and over again is so discouraging because of progression stoppers usually appearing after 30 minutes of hard work.

Please, allow us to at least have some tools to go around certain bugs. Please.

• Like 1

Why do Vidar weapons now only increase 1 damage type? Especially when some weapons increase Plasma damage, which is negatively effective for status application in some cases. I deliberately picked the Vidar Apoc in order to increase my chance at Particle procs, but now the damage distribution is so wildly different than it was before the update that it's basically not worth using. Why? Should the damage buff not apply to the weapon's unique damage type, rather than the generic "This is a Railjack turret" damage type?

One thing DE needs to look into is making archwing viable in railjack, as there's two basic ways that the railjack should play in the field.

1. The railjack is a fast attack corvette with the non-pilot tenno acting as crew
  2. The non-pilot tenno act as archwing light fighters for their railjack carrier.

The really big problem with railjack is that option 1 is currently not possible because the archwings have very little survivability and can't do any meaningful damage outside of a very specific build.  I get that DE wants us to play with the new shiny, but for the few of us that actually enjoy archwing, being able to use something we've sunk time and forma into building out over the years would be very rewarding.... whereas the one place where archwing can really shine it's reduced to a tenno sized clay pigeon.

As it stands now, doing #2 is... well... the result of a #2, evne though it looks like the avionics and intrinsics should support this style of railjack play.  Moving forward with the Command intrinsics and I would hope that the non-solo players would be able to better automate the railjack so option 2 becomes viable.  In other words, I should be able to hire on NPCs that use my intrinsics to automate the forges, repair, and defense of the railjack, and (if I so choose) also the side turrets so the other players are able to go fight the fighters and are more able to assist with the mission objectives.  This way the solo player is able to have their fast attack corvette while the players that are grouping have optionally less to deal with as the NPCs should be able to have their duties reassigned on the fly.

• Like 3

Please consider these fast travel improvements.....

-When we open the tactical menu please put the map of the ship in the center of the screen. 

-Please force the cursor to be at the pilot seat by default.

I use fast travel ALOT.  I pilot, I sling, I engineer.  Its like 95%+ of what I use the tactical menu for?  It should be alot more prominent, and alot more user friendly(by making the cursor always start on that ship map and not the corner of my damn screen.  

• Like 1

Thanks to the new resource changes I was able to make my railjack and it feels epic! Until I went into my first two missions and promptly failed both. Piloting and shooting at enemy fighters I get. Having to board a crewship to take it out I get (though I died on the way there in my archwing). Repelling boarders on my ship I get. But evidently I was getting ruptures and fires on my railjack that I couldn't find to repair, and while I boarded the enemy crew ship my railjack got destroyed? Not sure how this is able to be completed solo if you have to be in multiple places at once.

I get that part of Warframe's character at this point is the lack of any kind of tutorial for new players. I can kind of understand that for starting the game because of Warframe's launch, but a newly implemented feature that's critical to the questline going forward? Don't really have warm fuzzies about this.

On 2020-03-06 at 6:03 PM, ILucjusz said:

This probably has been brought up several times now, I won't bother to check.

My Railjack Feedback is: Please, for the love of God, let us kill the Crew Ships with turrets and missiles.

I am currently not interested in the reasoning behind blocking this ability, all I know is that I'm currently sitting in Veil Proxima for more than one hour, refusing to abort. I know it's not relevant, but at this point I feel it should be known why getting back to Railjack over and over again is so discouraging because of progression stoppers usually appearing after 30 minutes of hard work.

Please, allow us to at least have some tools to go around certain bugs. Please.

What is so different/difficult about using artillery to one shot it.

In fact, it’s even quicker than it’d take your turrets and missiles... and less forging compared to all those missiles I’d wager.

just pointing out this is some weird feedback to give.

And yes I hope you realize I do mean in Veil

•  
Edited by ThatRoomba
Oh yeah

1 hour ago, ThatRoomba said:

What is so different/difficult about using artillery to one shot it.

In fact, it’s even quicker than it’d take your turrets and missiles... and less forging compared to all those missiles I’d wager.

just pointing out this is some weird feedback to give.

And yes I hope you realize I do mean in Veil

•  

As I said, I'm asking for a way to overcome bugs, to which I referred as "progtession stoppers" and "bugs" in my previous post. In fact, I'm really into Forward Artillery, but I also don't mind boarding Crew Ships. But sometimes (after Host Migration) FA becomes unmannable or/and Crew Ship's doors would not open.

I'm not asking DE to nerf the Crew Ships or to make destroying them with FA or sabotage less viable, I just want to be able to complete a mission by using BAD way of dealing with Crew Ships, when all the GOOD means are for some reason not accessible.

Currently if you get a Crew Ship's Health down to 0%, it stops moving and after few seconds it goes up to ~50%. If it was to change, I'd suggest to let us kill the things with turrets and missiles after e.g. chopping down the health to 0 consecutively 3 times, letting the game know that we are determined to finish the mission.

• Like 1

On 2020-03-10 at 6:16 AM, Azzanis said:

It would be really cool if "toggle sprint" from the controls settings didn't work in Railjack when you're piloting, it's really difficult to use the drift maneuver with it enabled and it just feels awkward.

I disagree. Took some practice but I took the time to train myself to toggle sprint when I needed it and disable it when I needed it. Holding down sprint for the awful long distances in Empyrean would be pretty painful.

• Like 1

Would it be possible to get the Tactical Avionics placed on a hold switch? That way if you hold the designated key while you are piloting, you can activate a tactical avionic without going to the Tactical Map. As it is, it's stupid clunky if you are flying and you end up burning 4 to 5 seconds of your 10 second ability just because you had to fight with the interface. For example, holding down the ALT key lets you press 1 to activate a tactical avionic instead of a battle avionic.

Edited by Charlemane
  • Like 3

Why do I need a railjack to see what railjack parts I have?  I sometimes go out on a ride along with friends that have one since I am not even close in the main story yet to unlocking it but I think its its kinda poor user experience and to keep those of us who do ride long from seeing what parts we have.  Either unlock the Dojo terminal or just include the parts in the main inventory screen.

• Like 3

On 2020-03-13 at 11:09 PM, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

I disagree. Took some practice but I took the time to train myself to toggle sprint when I needed it and disable it when I needed it. Holding down sprint for the awful long distances in Empyrean would be pretty painful.

I'm sure you're great at avoiding ramsleds and never found yourself without boost because you accidentally forgot to toggle it off. Also, awful long distances like 10km take half minute at most once you unlock the maneuver, I can't imagine how holding shift for few seconds once a mission can be painful.

Dunno, to me it feels very, very awkward and I have to turn it off every single time I want to play some RJ. You said it yourself, you had to practice to do it well, but you shouldn't, it should feel natural from the beginning. When you're playing as your Warframe, you aren't toggling your sprint on and off - there's no reason to because it's unlimited, boost isn't.

Edited by Azzanis

2 hours ago, Azzanis said:

I'm sure you're great at avoiding ramsleds and never found yourself without boost because you accidentally forgot to toggle it off. Also, awful long distances like 10km take half minute at most once you unlock the maneuver, I can't imagine how holding shift for few seconds once a mission can be painful.

Dunno, to me it feels very, very awkward and I have to turn it off every single time I want to play some RJ. You said it yourself, you had to practice to do it well, but you shouldn't, it should feel natural from the beginning. When you're playing as your Warframe, you aren't toggling your sprint on and off - there's no reason to because it's unlimited, boost isn't.

Couldn’t avoid ramsleds happened a bit, up until I got good about remembering to toggle boost on and off. Most of the maps I get whenever I pilot have distances longer than 10km, and having to hold shift down for 20km for each mission over the course of an hour adds up on already existing wrist pain.

Everything about Empyrean controls I had to practice to really work with them. Piloting wasn’t something I could do with ease the moment I started playing. I was bad, I practiced in missions, and I slowly got better.