Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean - a winner or failure...?

xslamfox

I got out there with a random group and we all had fun.  Yea there are a few bugs.. other than that I am glad they released the content.  We all stopped in fear we may bug it due to making progress.. 😂😂

A few notes from every player I came across.. 

I wish you didn't have to refine materials while on the map. You should have time to do it on your own after reaching dry doc. (Maybe there is?)

When playing with random players you get dragged to their dojo and dry doc.  It would be nice to have access to your own upgrades, repairs, and research.  This way we can stay in a group without disband, leave their dojo, enter another dojo, run to dry doc, then rejoin.  That was very annoying.

If somebody wanted to grief other players they just stay outside the ship after mission and do nothing or nothing in mission.  That or they are just having fun taking their time exploring..  There is work to do... come on!  Yes some of you are gathering resources.. thank you. 🙂

There is an exit ship bug at the end.. fast travel is the way around it..

Use your dojo and not your orbiter to avoid most of the bugs..

Anthraxicus.. sorry to hear that.  Every game especially free to play have content released with bugs. Yes this time it really does feel rushed but give them a month of daily patching. 🙄

Edited by Issac_Ross

12 hours ago, xslamfox said:

untested unbelievably buggy railjack. bugs on every level from system to communication to game to matchmaking to world to death to extraction. nothing works.

yes it´s buggy as hell but it´s also a great experience in terms of optical value and immersion. As long as it´s not bugged 🙂

A fail? No. It´s a great experience.

Is it reliable? No. But fixes will come.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Dukinie:

Alright, lets see if I can explain how this works...

Warframe is more a "game as a service" product than it is a final released product.

Its a living breathing game, that constantly changes and evolves as it slowly chugs onwards into the future.

They do as much testing and building as they can internally, then they release the content when they feel its 90% ready, this also means that for a bit, you'll get bugs, S#&$ goes wrong etc.

But DE will patch it, and patch it a lot... we're talking hourly, every 10 mins, every day etc until its where it should be. Most other games will drop a patch next week. DE doesnt they find the bugs, and squash em as soon as they can.

So let them get some sleep, and you'll see a ton of bugfixes tomorrow that'll address all the issues that has come up as we've been smashing the game into pieces for them.

Overall I've had 1 major crash and a few minor bugs, but its been fun, like it always is....

Its nice that it works for you and you have fun. On my side however, i get stuck in every crewship i try to board and in every loadingscreen after a mission.

So i got a very different experience from your and i really dont enjoy playing it rn.

9 hours ago, Dukinie said:

Alright, lets see if I can explain how this works...

Warframe is more a "game as a service" product than it is a final released product.

Its a living breathing game, that constantly changes and evolves as it slowly chugs onwards into the future.

They do as much testing and building as they can internally, then they release the content when they feel its 90% ready, this also means that for a bit, you'll get bugs, S#&$ goes wrong etc.

But DE will patch it, and patch it a lot... we're talking hourly, every 10 mins, every day etc until its where it should be. Most other games will drop a patch next week. DE doesnt they find the bugs, and squash em as soon as they can.

So let them get some sleep, and you'll see a ton of bugfixes tomorrow that'll address all the issues that has come up as we've been smashing the game into pieces for them.

Overall I've had 1 major crash and a few minor bugs, but its been fun, like it always is....

There is no GaaS vs final released product. Those aren't mutually exclusive. "Living breathing game" and "final released product" aren't mutually exclusive.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Jack_Mahler said:

I feel "Vanilla Destiny 2ed"

well now I feel release version no man's sky'd

on topic this update is a failure

while the bugs will most likely get fixed, the excessive RNG and overall terrible balance have almost no excuse and mark a declining trend for warframe to me personally, DE has done better than this in the past and with how long a wait we've had for empyrean, its plain gross the state its all in at release.

Edited by FoxyKabam

Mix opinions, now the final result is..........................

maxresdefault.jpg

If the majority had voted as a success in the forum, well, right? There would have been a total success, but having a mixed opinion. It is normal, which in the end has been a failure. And to consider a success you have to like more than 80% of people and even more. But it's not like that. and as I said before. First: update. and then 2 hours later. FIX IT!

And as I have predicted that this gave me a very bad thorn ..... and notice how it came out. Disappointing: the trailer looked very impressive, but in the end, you've only looked at the brightest side of the coin, but on the other side, you've seen all the disappointment in the world. And if now you combine, with the other previous updates. Well ...... you know how the coin looks.

It's problematic in its release (apparently more problematic than what I've experienced), but from what I've been able to play, it feels novel. It's not like the Lich system, where it was not only buggy but problematic in design and largely the same as the regular gameplay we have. This one shows some promise with decently designed concepts that I feel would work just fine once the bugs get ironed out.

• Like 1

Playwise:

Its hectic its overwhelming its challenging! I love it!

Though there seems to be no eart prime equivalent! If you want to be able to solo it you need to do it first with a lot of open groups just to get your intrinsics up!

Balancing wise:

A catrastrophe! Distances and Railjack speed are very unmatched, everything you love the groundplay for, the vast distances you are able to traverse easeness of dominating a map, the extreme opposite! That also leads to a very boring after mission farming for Pustrels! You neither get enough nor fast enough! it feels like kavat segment all over! BUT you have to do it for EVERY MISSION! even if the engeneering intrinsic mitigates it to some degree in the long run, this is a gaping hole that needs to be adressed soon, or we will have a burnout quit wave for the game soon! Repair materials that are ate up every mission AND are also used for building stuff to drag you out of that hole? i guess we will see a lot of people complaining about "open world" aka plains of eidolon or railjack a lot soon! lets see who will meme pustrels and how!

Winner 

the bugs shouldn’t be there but they always are no matter the game or program

core gameplay seems fun and repeatable 

plenty of stuff to upgrade railjack

could be a little less squishy but that’s probably just lack of mods  

matchmaking needs to be fixed

needs to be linked into the rest of the game

basically it needs work but it’s not DOA the way Anthem was

Edited by Skyguard1
  • Like 1

Technical hiccups and pustrels aside, I love it. The look and feel of it, how intense it gets when you play it with fewer (or no) other players. Big fan. With that in mind, I won't deny that I'm biased, because I've grown up on stuff like Wing Commander and X-Wing. Not entirely sure I'd enjoy it as much if I exclusively enjoyed Warframe for, well, Warframe gameplay. Which this is not.

1 hour ago, Issac_Ross said:

Anthraxicus.. sorry to hear that.  Every game especially free to play have content released with bugs. Yes this time it really does feel rushed but give them a month of daily patching. 🙄

I doubt a few patches can fix this. Given DE's records on fixing fundamentally broken modes, which is they barely patch them and leave them broken for months or years, I don't have reasons to believe everything will be fine in a month we don't have, given we are close to the holidays.

Not once have I ever felt like this game was completely and utterly disrespecting the time I put into it... Until now.

No other mission type in Warframe punishes you like Railjack does for the complete and utter failures of other players you have no control over. Even with spy missions this can be avoided by soloing them.

Having a mission fail after 20+ minutes and getting absolutely nothing because some people cracked it and left squad instead of just fixing the ship... Yeah, that's stellar design.

The first few nodes should be easily soloable as an introduction to how it works and to get a feel for it, especially since there's absolutely nothing telling you how anything works. But they're FAR from easily soloable since the Railjack is apparently made of paper, and definitely not from all the materials I put into fixing the thing or it might actually be able to tank some fire.

And the "Find better squad mates..." responses that I know are coming. No. No matter what way you slice it, losing time and effort you put in because other people lost their S#&$ and quit out is absurd, especially since they can do it at a point where it's impossible for anyone left to repair the ship by themselves before it fails. Basically every other mission type I can pick up the slack and still finish by myself if necessary, but this can basically be actively sabotaged by other players who then just leave.

They may as well start letting people destroy defense objectives, etc, in missions and then just leaving squad.

• Like 1

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Fire2box:

The worst thing about railjack to me is that it's railjack for the sake of railjack. What rewards are there outside of archwing mods and railjack material goods? Two weapon blueprints. That's all that's connecting Railjack to the rest of the game at this point in time. 

That concept is similar to Plains of Eidolon and Fortuna. Outside a few base resources (credits, endo) creating independent mini-game-worlds with their own resources is a trend in Warframe. Levelling up for faster level ups is not that fun at all.

People will play it because it is new and it gives a more checkboxes to tick. And I guess upcoming warframes and weapons will be hidden behind railjack ... *cough* Hildryn *cough* Baruuk *cough* Gara *cough* Garuda .... 

As someone who has played a lot of Everspace I find railjack entertaining the same way a truck driver might be entertained by a tuk tuk.

1 hour ago, k05h said:

That concept is similar to Plains of Eidolon and Fortuna.

at least unlike those DE said they are committed to building stuff upon Railjack like New War. So while I played the open worlds maps for maybe 3 months each at best, railjack is being promised something to invest in. Though the costs of upgrades such as new cannons (which you have to buy two of) are a bit high.