Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Warframes for Railjack Captain/Crew?

Im_a_Turtle

On 2019-12-16 at 2:32 AM, Im_a_Turtle said:

I've also found that Grendel is a very good boarding warframe. Just slingshot yourself into the ship and eat everyone.

That's how I've been using mine, too. Yeet right into a crewship (Make sure you're in a red color scheme so you can yell "OH YEAH" as you do so) Eat everything in sight, pop the reactor, recall and repeat. 

... I'm probably having too much fun, being honest. 

54 minutes ago, Paradoxity said:

That's how I've been using mine, too. Yeet right into a crewship (Make sure you're in a red color scheme so you can yell "OH YEAH" as you do so) Eat everything in sight, pop the reactor, recall and repeat. 

... I'm probably having too much fun, being honest. 

Same. I use Grendel for RailJacking, not so much for Feast but simply because he's the tankiest boi I have, so I can board a crewship of any level and f***ing DESTROY it completely uncontested.

Headcanon: Grendel is not actually a Warframe. He's a cannonball that got hungry and came to life.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Yoshihito said:

If you're piloting I find anything with tankiness is good. So I play Inaros usually. Can't tell you how many times boarders will end up coming into the cockpit and killing squishier frames before you can react, lol.

If you're Vauban you can set down a quartet of Nervos behind you before you take the pilot seat, then they'll latch and stun any grineer tryin'a come after you.

Probably doesn't help much in the higher levels but it's amusing at least.

ESO Saryn for borders. You only need to find one, and then it's Spores ->Tigris to the face -> Miasma -> Boarding Party clear.

On 2019-12-15 at 1:33 PM, (XB1)AaronxTxGreat said:

Not true- Limbo Grax is dressed for captaincy as well. 

I AM curious if cataclysm extends outside the railjack, and if one might be able to use this as a form of bubble shield against ship weapons??

MIGHT make limbo suuuuuper handy

I doubt it. The Railjack, thanks to Tenno void magic, is bigger on the inside so it almost certainly just a separate map which can "interact" with the main RJ mission map via turrets.

3 minutes ago, Im_a_Turtle said:

To add to that she has a passive 20% evasion. It's possible that it might also apply to her archwing too.

to add to that! at 125% power strength she can strip 100% of that annoying armor value away with her bolts

so confuse everyone, strip em naked and them shoot them with a big gun!

1 hour ago, Im_a_Turtle said:

To add to that she has a passive 20% evasion. It's possible that it might also apply to her archwing too.

I have played evasion classes in other games and 20% is so low and unreliable that it won't prevent you from dying. You need over 50% before evasion will even double your chances of survival and given Nyx's stats that isn't even remotely good. Some frames have 90%+ damage reduction, can nullify incoming damage, can use massive health shields, etc. And you want us to get excited over 20% evasion? Nyx has killer fashion but let's not pretend her endgame prowess goes beyond that.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

Khora is also very helpful in dealing with boarding groups. 2 strangledomes can cover all entry points, and when she is not in the ship, everyone can use Ensnare thanks to tactical intrinsic rank 2. Same thing with crewships. No need to kill enemies : a strangledome and we have all the time it takes to hack the reactor and destroy it ^^

Rhino's still pretty great for running the engineer/crewship invader role.

Cast stomp and everything freezes if you got high range, helps in both the railjack and crewships. (Also as of now on console, Rhino's roar also buffs gunner damage, probably fixed on PC.)

Edited by (XB1)calvina

Mag.

Idiot AI keeps actively walking into the bubbles.  Fortunately, support avionic casts adopt warframe mods, so I don't even have to leave the helm to dump a magnetize modded for range and strength on the cheap (streamline) to corral my new visitors.  I can mosey on back at my leisure, drop a single Quellor alt fire round (~100,000 damage at least on its own) in and walk away knowing my job is done.  For a number of nodes anyway.

Still okay with boarding crewships, due to the claustrophobic spaces.  Standard galleon/bases are too wide for the bubble to really matter though.

BTW, for anyone wondering, the Quellor is a short range cannon (alt fire) with an automatic fire purely designed to soften up targets with status effects.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

Frost can be a really good Engineer too. His Avalanche stops enemy invaders on spot. With enough power str, you strip 100% of the armor of the invaders, making quick work of them with just about any weapon. Snowglobe can also be used to stop enemies from going further into the ship, as it slows them to a snail pace. The bad part of it is, that the snowglobes cannot be removed after, not even by frost himself. I have tried, and it did not work, so, Avalanche is your best skill in the railjack to stop invaders.

Khora, Umbralibur, Wukong and Frost have been my go to frames for RJ.

Khora for entangle/dome and two pets killing as I hack.

Umbralibur for his jack of all trades kinda deal aswell as 2 pets attacking as I hack.

Wukong for the same reason as Umbra pretty much and he's fast to get around with.

Frost for his general tankyness, CC and total armor strip that turns every grineer into a fragile popcicle waiting to get cracked.

Edited by SneakyErvin