Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If any frame needs a rework right now it's Atlas and you all know it

Morphball

All his abilities are terrible and compared to other frames his abilities are a joke. Even the augments for his mods are basically useless. I read up on his history and saw that he has received a rework in the past. Well, i.m.o it was a sad attempt at a rework because I see no improvements.

• Like 1

*laughs in Zephyr, Hydroid, Nekros, Trinity and Nyx*

Atlas "works", he does his "job", but he can't go any further than that. There is little room for playing around his other 2 abilities, since you are forced to spam Petrify to make use of your passive (that is also not that great).

Compared to Zephyr, who has only 1 good ability and 1 that is somewhat ok when it works, Atlas is on a OK spot, but I think some buff to his numbers and some basic synergy changes should do the trick for him, nothing major.

• Like 5

He only needs a rework on his 2 and 4. His one and 3 are good, but need QoL.

He should've had the rework with his Prime Access. That was a mistake on DE's part, which is apparent with how short the access was. He has had a deluxe and PA released now though, so I wouldn't hold your breath on a rework for a long time. Plus, there are definitely other frames that need it a lot more.

Every frame is effective in their current state, but some of them are only barely at that point. Atlas is one of my most used frames and I have used him successfully in all content except Eidolons and Orb fights (I never bothered trying him in those just because those fights are poorly designed for most frames in a normal run in the first place).

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

He only needs a rework on his 2 and 4. His one and 3 are good, but need QoL.

He should've had the rework with his Prime Access. That was a mistake on DE's part, which is apparent with how short the access was. He has had a deluxe and PA released now though, so I wouldn't hold your breath on a rework for a long time. Plus, there are definitely other frames that need it a lot more.

Every frame is effective in their current state, but some of them are only barely at that point. Atlas is one of my most used frames and I have used him successfully in all content except Eidolons and Orb fights (I never bothered trying him in those just because those fights are poorly designed for most frames in a normal run in the first place).

I've straight up done tricaps with Atlas before, on a bet with one of my friends.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

Atlas is fine.

I wouldn't  say he's fine, still he's playable and enjoyable  and there are other Warframes that could use some updates/tweaks more than him, although I hoped they would make something to him with the prime release.

Edited by ITAShrek

He's very hard to kill, has some damage, some cc, even a way to defend objectives if need be and cc doesn't work. Also has 2 aggro pulling AI slabs. He's not all that great, sure, but he's not terrible and can handle most of the content in the game.

Too bad we don't have some kind of dev team responsible for frame balance only. Maybe then we would be able to get frame reworks or tweaks whenever it's necessary. But since balance is usually done by people like Pablo and Scott, and such people are kiiiiiiind of busy, our opportunities are limited. So sadly, community has to ask for help with some trash tier frames instead of mids.

Landslide.

Landslide needs a rework

Landslide needs to be an exalted weapon

Landslide needs to get more love from Digital Extremes

Landslide is what made Atlas great right now if you have the right mods

Landslide is the word i'm using to make this sloping, humble, and beautiful poem

No seriously,  Landslide needs a buff. Like a CC - CD buff to make it sortie viable

• Like 2

6 hours ago, (NSW)Kokojo said:

Compared to Zephyr

Spoiler

yKNgsym.jpg?fb

Heard you talking sh!

Less of that. Zephyr has four functional abilities, the functions just aren't that good. They do exactly what they say they will and it's only a pity that what they say they do isn't really spectacular.

Zephyr's a C-rank frame, but considering we don't really have S ranks as an overall class (just 'S rank for specific game mode') due to reworks, while we have a few frames that are D-rank or lower, that's not the worst tier to be in.

• Like 1

I don't know about a rework, but I do think he could use some adjusting. Bring Petrify energy cost down to 50. Reduce Rumbler cost to 25 (but remove Petrify effect). Reduce Tectonics to 25 energy. Maybe, to reduce Petrify spam some, killing an enemy with Landslide produces rubble (but no longer gets the 50% bonus from rubble). 

Atlas is a melee caster warframe. Making his abilities more affordable, I think, is the biggest thing he needs. I also wouldn't mind Rumblers gaining the ability to be sicced on a target a la Wukong's Celestial Twin (detonating them could just be holding 4 once they've been summoned, while a tap sics them on the target).

2 hours ago, Rasdan said:

Landslide.

Landslide needs a rework

Landslide needs to be an exalted weapon

Landslide needs to get more love from Digital Extremes

Landslide is what made Atlas great right now if you have the right mods

Landslide is the word i'm using to make this sloping, humble, and beautiful poem

I like the poem. I think Atlas *could* use an exalted weapon a la Garuda. Call it Stone Fist, doesn't matter really. And Landslide only looks at Stone Fist for its stats and mods, not any other melee weapon equipped.

Kind of off topic, but I'd like to see the "Garuda-form Exalted Weapon" used for most any frame that has an ability that either a) references the mods on an equipped weapon, at which point they only reference the mods on the exalted weapon, or b) any frame that summons an exalted weapon, at which point the ability is just a buff for your equipped melee weapon, or the exalted weapon if you don't have one equipped. 

• Like 3

Citation

I don't think Atlas needs rework/revisiting.

If you tell me his third power should be less expenssive: why not, but energy is not a problem with Rage/Hunter Adrenaline.

If you tell me his second power should be bigger, enough to block a Grineer door: ok, it's interresting.

Concerning armor cap, and the regen, I think it's enought .

About damage of his first power: it's very good, and needs nothing.

I think, the principale probleme for player, playing Atlas is the build on the melee weapon, the choice of mods, riven, and the lack of practice.

Take your time to test and play.

20 hours ago, (PS4)thefallenloser said:

These frames are fine...

Trinity especially is universally practical in any game mode, and only needs changes to Well of Life.

Hydroid changes were made at a time where DE wasn't  entirely sure about AFK farm tactics, so his kit bein revolved in staying in one place or slowly creeping around. His CC is inconsistent and his set up time for damage dealing is REALLY slow without the Augment, and if a ability needs a Augment to be good, then there is a problem there.

Nekros is literally used JUST for one single purpse and it's loot. He CAN use his 4 Augment (again, that's a problem) to assist him on being a good loot bot, but he serves no other purpose. Nekros has room for playing, but none of them are really far from each other.

You say Trinity is practical, but that's not what the player base thinks. Being one of the less used Warframes is a clue that something is up with her. Her kit is old, her purpuse can be done by other Waframes AND they can also so MORE than just heal. Sure, Trinity has Energy Vampire, but every player can have easy acess to Zenurik. Her purpuse has been for the past couple year to babysit the Eidolon Lures (a job that a Harrow or Oberon can do AND do something else).

All 3 of them need a kit revamp, because they are made to do a single job only, and they get left behind for other options who can do their jobs BETTER and are not locked in that specific thing.

16 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:
  Reveal hidden contents

yKNgsym.jpg?fb

Heard you talking sh!

Less of that. Zephyr has four functional abilities, the functions just aren't that good. They do exactly what they say they will and it's only a pity that what they say they do isn't really spectacular.

Zephyr's a C-rank frame, but considering we don't really have S ranks as an overall class (just 'S rank for specific game mode') due to reworks, while we have a few frames that are D-rank or lower, that's not the worst tier to be in.

I bet you have a pentagram in your room that shows the link to the post where Zephyr was mentioned.

As for her kit, yeah, if you press the button they do work, but they don't really do what they are intended too.

her 1 is bugged out since her lunch, where you either get stuck at walls, the momentum is like a coin flip (you either continue foward or you just stop) and her divebomb is really not the easiest thing to perform when it requires you to look basically straight down (the angle problem becomes even more of annoyance when you use controler)

I won't say her 2 is solely to "buff" her 4, but the hitbox on this thing is so bad that it hardly serves any purpuse than that, and if you do make it work, ragdoll is not the best thing for CC, specially when DE likes to make enemies just straght up immune to them.

her 3 works, it does the job, and imo is the only redeeming wuality of Zephyr, and you know why.

her 4 is good at open worlds (when it doesn't spawn on the other side of the map) but I've seen them going under the ground more time than they picking enemies (besides the ones they spwan on top of).

I belive her theme and purpose has been forgotten by DE a time ago, most parts of her kit that can be done by either other Warframes or mechanics in game with better consistent and with greater results.

However, I do think she is extremelly good at Exploiter mommy fight.

21 hours ago, Thunder_Kid said:

I don't think Atlas needs rework/revisiting.

If you tell me his third power should be less expenssive: why not, but energy is not a problem with Rage/Hunter Adrenaline.

If you tell me his second power should be bigger, enough to block a Grineer door: ok, it's interresting.

Concerning armor cap, and the regen, I think it's enought .

About damage of his first power: it's very good, and needs nothing.

I think, the principale probleme for player, playing Atlas is the build on the melee weapon, the choice of mods, riven, and the lack of practice.

Take your time to test and play.

Sorry this whole "just use these mods to fix the obvious holes in Atlas's kit" has never been a valid excuse against fixing him.  I shouldn't have to use up 2 or 3 mod slots just to maybe fix parts of his kit.  His "armor" is a joke, bleeding off faster then anything in WF, his rock wall was never well done & has pathetic coverage and his 4 requires far too much PS to br useful beyond level 40 enemies provided they have no armor.  His 2 and 1 require too much energy which makes keeping up his armor frustrating and not at all conducive to flowing gameplay.  His 1 also requires a lot of Forma for this stat stick and has the worst base stats in the game, something like 5% crit chance and less then 10% status.  This is not to say that you can't make him work but really you're grasping at straws when you say "he's fine you just suck".  You have to have so many things going for you,  access to so many mods just to make him work in a mid level environment.  Meanwhile Khora and Gara work just fine if not better over all then Atlas has ever been, which hurts to say.

In reality he needs to be worked on but as I've said in other atlas threads, because he's not Nidus or Sayrin DE doesn't care.  This was made painfully clear with his prime release, no fixes just over buffing his base stats to make him seem like a good buy but nothing else was changed.  His access was a total joke and when they had a chance to work on him they instead chose to overhaul a brand new frame in Atlas's own patch.  

Hawk1911,

I'm sorry but, I don't understand most of problems concerning Atlas. May be because I'm just a "press 1" player, I use his first power evreytime (with Path Of Statues), and his third for control and the +50% damage against statues. Pox or Detron Mara for strip armor when heavy ennemies are over lvl 350.

I've no probleme with health regen, maintain the armor stack, nor with energie.

I agree with you on the point he needs "endgame" mods, like primed, riven, umbra... And some formas. But it's the case of lot of warframes, and weapons.

Certain weapons or warframes needs more effort/time, but are totally viable, like others.

That's what I Said we need to test and practice.

I apologize, english is not my native language, I try to do my best. I hope I'm clear and understandable.

On 2019-12-17 at 3:31 AM, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

We need more augment mods for each Warframe instead for those who are happy with frames the way they currently are and for those who are not. 

We don't need more augment, we need augment mods effect to integrate into the ability itself. We only have 10 mod slot and we shouldn't waste one on the augment, unless it is very powerful.

• Like 1