The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Master Rank 19 test is incredibly Stress inducing and needlessly difficult.

(XBOX)Madinogi

It took me a similar amount of practice time before I figured out a way to get past it. I understand the issue, however I won't have time to post a more proper screenshot until after the holidays.

10 minutes ago, Bguk said:

Can't see the full map meaning the area your body is blocking cannot be seen. Not saying it was difficult, it is. I tried about 3-4 hours with other setups before I cheesed it with my archgun. Had to make sure all enemies were turned when I fired my archgun as well as crouch. Took me 3 times after I went archgun.

18 hours ago, Butterfly85 said:

I just did this. I used Wisp and Skiajati. Only mod of note is use motus signal. You'll stay in the air longer and Wisp is invisible while airborne. 

You don't even need to kill the guards. Just go round, smash the orbs, float over to the prisoner and float to the safe zone. If you're quick the prisoner will get there before being downed.

.............. i cant believe it. your method actually worked. did it in practice passed first try, then tried the real deal and passed IT first try. didnt help my heart was racing during the real thing with each orb i successfully destroyed. and one 1 occasion even more so when i accidently did a ground slam, worried it would proc the detection. but things went smoothly. 

THANK YOU. tbh if you were on xbox id actually want to give you some plat as a thank you for the amazing advise. 

i do find it rather stupid tho that due to the difficulty it pretty much needs to be cheesed in this manner, when i heard your advice the first time i doubted its legitimacy because "no way the hostage could just run by without causing a detection and failure. but im glad and apoligise that i was wrong. 

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Madinogi said:

.............. i cant believe it. your method actually worked. did it in practice passed first try, then tried the real deal and passed IT first try. didnt help my heart was racing during the real thing with each orb i successfully destroyed. and one 1 occasion even more so when i accidently did a ground slam, worried it would proc the detection. but things went smoothly. 

THANK YOU. tbh if you were on xbox id actually want to give you some plat as a thank you for the amazing advise. 

i do find it rather stupid tho that due to the difficulty it pretty much needs to be cheesed in this manner, when i heard your advice the first time i doubted its legitimacy because "no way the hostage could just run by without causing a detection and failure. but im glad and apoligise that i was wrong. 

Aww, no worries, glad it worked out. Truth be told I only tried this because I did the same for mr9 ages ago 😊

On 2019-12-22 at 9:00 AM, -UCPP- said:

Bring banshee and redeemer. Guards can be sniped from far away since they can't hear the gun due to her passive. Have fun! 

This! Took some practice but that's how I did it. Hide behind the pedestal you're on and peek out with the gunblade firing from a distance.

2 hours ago, Chu-Chu said:

Lots of people have been claiming that the MR19 test is needlessly difficult now, that the AI is extremely perceptive. Others have claimed the opposite. I post this screenshot to let you decide for yourself.unknown.png

Duh, don't spawn in the map in the first place.

1 hour ago, AngelWednesday said:

@Butterfly85

Cheaky bint. 

I told you all that!!

And here is the video from when I did it!!

😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜

Love you really hunny bunny! 😂😂😂😂

MR tests really do reflect real gameplay. DE constrains you? You figure out a way to cheese it. That's a lot of Warframe gameplay already!

On 2019-12-22 at 11:48 AM, Salenzar said:

gunblades make this test a joke iirc.

I saw a video of someone doing the test with a Redeemer, killing all enemies from the spawn point and then strolling in for the rescue...

Edited by vvhorus

I just used a long duration Loki (normally for my spy runs) which has the energy aura mod and a good weapon to just finisher everyone.

Took me a practice run or two to get their patterns down and aced it. If you think this one is hard... HOOOO Boy are you going to LOVE the ones in the 20's

On 2019-12-23 at 3:18 AM, VirtusDraco said:

Just got stuck at Mastery Rank 9 test.  I am curious, with all the changes I have heard about, if those that passed it in the past could pass it again with the same equipment (i.e. gear appropriate for a player that just qualified for rank 9).  It is also discouraging to know that the practice test is different from the actual test as well.

I hope the DEs will rebalance this test given the stealth mechanics changes made after that mastery test was created. Hitting a wall like this is a real let down as I was enjoying Warframe otherwise.

Mr9 is significantly easier than mr19. Use Skiajati and stand on the pillars, scout, assassinate, then go back to the pillars. Or use Wisp and hop around so none can see you.

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity

I did this not long after enemy detection changed a few months back, and couldn't get the Banshee + Gunblade strat to work no matter what I did or where I tried to hide. It didn't seem to be them seeing corpses, it was behaving like they were hearing the weapon itself, even though I was Banshee. I finally saw a suggestion to try Banshee + Heavy Weapon, since we have access to the gear wheel for this test. That did it. I was able to hide behind the first pillar and shoot the first few enemies undetected, then get a few more by standing up on the pillar, then cautiously moved to the right side of the map to mop up.  I completed the practice test the first try that way, and then repeated what I'd done to one-shot the test itself. Sniping with a heavy weapon feels ridiculous, but it just worked, it worked beautifully. But I'd tried so many methods, including the gunblade one, before that.

Edited by Andvarja

The people pointing out how they did it and kinda giving the OP a hard time should probably go back and do it again without the cheese choices. It is not at all the mindless cakewalk it used to be prior to the detection changes that DE made. What the rest of us have done prior to those changes is an easy mode MR19 test.

What the OP ran into and had issues with is more or less a compeltely different test compared to the one we did. His was actually filled with guards that can detect you, we had Homer Simpson after a long night at Moe's being on guard duty.