Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lich farming really isn't that hard

FUBAR-BDHR

I see a lot of people both in game and the forums complaining about liches.  Well I complain about them to but only because of the bugs and insta-kill thrall spawns.  As far as the process it's really not hard to acquire a lich and defeat it.  I can do one in about 2 hours give or take depending on if I get a lucky guess or not. So far I've defeated 80 of them.  That's right 80 liches.  Don't belive that well have a look:

So what are my tricks to farming them so fast?  First do the longer missions.  Survival, mobile defense and defense are the best way to get murmurs.  Running though capture and exterminate real fast is not the way to do it.  You want to give those liches time to spawn.  Second never pass up a lich spawn.  Always try.  It's worth about 10 murmurs if you fail.  You also might get lucky and uncover a requiem in the process. 

In case you are wondering it took 67 liches to get all the ephemeras.  Only took about 20 to get all the toxic weapons.  I'm not working on getting one of every damage type.  I have 36 different ones so far. 

Good hunting

• Like 1

For me the biggest problem with the lich grind is getting all of the requiems first before you can even really do anything to them. Once that is out of the way, admittedly it’s not so bad. However what I really don’t like is dealing with level 4 and 5 liches. So for me the murmur grind is a little more tedious, since I carefully plan to not allow my lich beyond level 3 until I know the sequence. I just refuse to play level 100 missions over and over because at that level the game ceases to be fun and becomes “use the meta or suffer.” And I don’t like metas.

Edited by (PS4)sister-hawk
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, FUBAR-BDHR said:

I can do one in about 2 hours give or take depending on if I get a lucky guess or not. So far I've defeated 80

At a casual rate of 2 hours per day, that's 80 days of nothing but murmur farming to get a bunch of sidegrade mastery fodder and some cosmetics. Nope, it's still a bad grind overflowing with RNG. Don't defend it, please, it needs fixing, not praising. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

I just refuse to play level 100 missions over and over because at that level the game ceases to be fun and becomes “use the meta or suffer.” And I don’t like metas.

Or, you know, mod well and get good. I did my level 5 lich using Nyx without arcanes and no problem. Doesn't PS4 has kb + m support?

Difficulty isn't the issue, it's boredom. Every step of lich hunting is completely recycled without any meaningful new elements besides the RNG on the requiem combo. It's tedious and the reward itself has two random elements in weapon and percentage.

It's just running normal missions without other rewards over and over except you have to press X on some killed enemies. And then doing fissures, same as ever, to get the requiems. I guess they're on kuva fortress, that's... the extent of the "new" gameplay involved? Returning to a severely neglected tileset?

Edited by OvisCaedo
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

For me the biggest problem with the lich grind is getting all of the requiems first before you can even really do anything to them. Once that is out of the way, admittedly it’s not so bad. However what I really don’t like is dealing with level 4 and 5 liches. So for me the murmur grind is a little more tedious, since I carefully plan to not allow my lich beyond level 3 until I know the sequence. I just refuse to play level 100 missions over and over because at that level the game ceases to be fun and becomes “use the meta or suffer.” And I don’t like metas.

You get the requiems faster by trying to kill the liches.  Getting them first takes more time.  The level 100 missions are still easy.  Granted those level 130 nox thralls are a PIA.  If you have trouble with the level 100 missions get in a group.  When I have a tough level 5 I just keep trying systems and canceling the countdown if there isn't an open group. 

10 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

Difficulty isn't the issue, it's boredom. Every step of lich hunting is completely recycled without any meaningful new elements besides the RNG on the requiem combo. It's tedious and the reward itself has two random elements in weapon and percentage.

It's just running normal missions without other rewards over and over except you have to press X on some killed enemies. And then doing fissures, same as ever, to get the requiems. I guess they're on kuva fortress, that's... the extent of the "new" gameplay involved? Returning to a severely neglected tileset?

Doing things over and over is pretty much warframe.  Even the railjacks are that way.  What 3 mission types?

The Kuva Lich System is challenging in a way that you have to keep yourself motivated to farm murmurs for hours on end and then regain the same motivation the next day, and for what? So I can have a chance to get a weapon that I already own which might be slightly better or totally worse.

And I can't be bothered, I'd rather play something else.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

"I'm using literally invincible frame and no problem"

Yeah, yeah...

What invincible? Even without that assimilate augment Nyx can do things excellently if you know how to use her beyond using assimilate and press 4 to be a snail paced walker

6 minutes ago, 844448 said:

What invincible? Even without that assimilate augment Nyx can do things excellently if you know how to use her beyond using assimilate and press 4 to be a snail paced walker

Then i'm just saying she isn't really good example for that, it's no different from saying "i'm using invis frames and no problem".

You should use banshee next time.

On 2019-12-31 at 7:07 PM, 844448 said:

get good

Oh yes, the so-called "solution" to every problem in the game...try and grab whatever's meta for dealing with enemy X and apply cheese until dead. If you don't have what's meta, you're a bad player for not being savvy enough and you're doing it wrong.

Well...It's rather hard to "git gud" when the game decides to roll dice and then screw you over because you rolled bad or the game said so. See Lich Roulette.

Edited by MirageKnight

1 hour ago, FUBAR-BDHR said:

Doing things over and over is pretty much warframe.  Even the railjacks are that way.  What 3 mission types?

I agree, railjack is also terrible boring content

though I can at least grant that at least the gameplay involved is actually something new, unlike liches

Edited by OvisCaedo

Who said liches are hard? They're unrewarding. 2 hour investment for a potential nothing. Use your head. Coulda used that 160 hours you spent farming 80 liches to do something useful like farm plat.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 1