Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lich farming really isn't that hard

FUBAR-BDHR

2 hours ago, FUBAR-BDHR said:

Doing things over and over is pretty much warframe.  Even the railjacks are that way.  What 3 mission types?

The issue is not really doing things over and over, though. You see this complaint often with the open world "islands", but parts of the game which are not connected to the rest of the game get tedious much more quickly, not just because of a lack of variety in gameplay, but because making significant progress in this one piece of content is mutually exclusive with making significant progress anywhere else in the game. This is exacerbated by the fact that the Lich system more or less incentivizes you to do an entire Lich in one go, lest it spread its annoyance throughout the star chart and into your sortie rewards. 

• Like 2

Liches were a joke when murmur sharing on a Lich attempt was a thing, became even more so when trading became a thing.

Say, did someone make Liches a meme yet, because I'd like to have a few cheap lols from that.

it was never hard to farm, i ignored my last lich for a week but then baro bring pedestal prime and i got the motivation to remove my lich from neptune but i captured her before finishing all the nodes on that planet, with the release of the railjack i dont think i will create more lich for a while, im still missing some ephemeras but i got the feeling the corpus version of the lich will have the same ephemeras so i better farm the ephemeras along with new weapons

3 hours ago, FUBAR-BDHR said:

I see a lot of people both in game and the forums complaining about liches.  Well I complain about them to but only because of the bugs and insta-kill thrall spawns.  As far as the process it's really not hard to acquire a lich and defeat it.  I can do one in about 2 hours give or take depending on if I get a lucky guess or not. So far I've defeated 80 of them.  That's right 80 liches.  Don't belive that well have a look:

So what are my tricks to farming them so fast?  First do the longer missions.  Survival, mobile defense and defense are the best way to get murmurs.  Running though capture and exterminate real fast is not the way to do it.  You want to give those liches time to spawn.  Second never pass up a lich spawn.  Always try.  It's worth about 10 murmurs if you fail.  You also might get lucky and uncover a requiem in the process. 

In case you are wondering it took 67 liches to get all the ephemeras.  Only took about 20 to get all the toxic weapons.  I'm not working on getting one of every damage type.  I have 36 different ones so far. 

Good hunting

You benefit from much faster loading times than we have on console. Its a 3 hour slog fest on average. 

They are easy to kill but that doesn't change the tedium.

And 66 liches killed and I have 4 ephemera. 

5 hours ago, 844448 said:

Or, you know, mod well and get good. I did my level 5 lich using Nyx without arcanes and no problem. Doesn't PS4 has kb + m support?

Nyx and Mesa for killing off my lich. Either work like a charm. Easy mode lich kills. I would like to see some more liches and more weapons from them. And to see them integrated into the game a bit more soon to make it worth my while to farm them : more fun weapons, railjack crews, railjack enemies etc. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)JayCeeV3 said:

I would like to see some more liches and more weapons from them. And to see them integrated into the game a bit more soon to make it worth my while to farm them : more fun weapons, railjack crews, railjack enemies etc. 

8YIzkYX.gif

Edited by DatDarkOne

Цитата

I see a lot of people both in game and the forums complaining about liches

Yeah and just like wih everything else, you didnt bother to read thw complaints themselves because then you would have known that people "complain" about awful rng, awful ephemera drop rate, useless mods that turn into garbage after just 3 uses and the need to buy or re-farm them, duplicates, pointless garbage regular missiosn you need to grind over and over and over and over again for each lich and being unable to get rid of the uselss duplicate lich by selling it or throwing out the airlock and the need to STILL farm him in order to get rid of it once defeated or converted.

Hope I didnt forget anything about this garbo system.

Good concept, godawful implementation, like always, 10/10 rng.

Both Emyrean and Liches are there to just waste your time.

Цитата

That's true of anything you do 200+ times though.

No its not. Each player has a mission type he's okay with doing even 1000 times in a  row, especially if its rewarding.

And murmur farming is needlessly long and boring.

All 3 circles should fill like the first one, regarding speed and you should have the access to the missions you want to do in the opposite of the one shtty rng gave you - if I dont want to do interception or defense, I shouldnt be forced to.

Sometimes it takes ages for lich to show and level up, and thank god at least after that he spread to more planets, otherwise it would have been unbearable.

Which brings the point, if you have balls to level up your lich, you should get even more murmurs and a chane for it to drop ephemera on defeat regardless. Right now, theres practically no difference in reward for lv 1 and 5 lich - classic de that doesnt reward difficulty.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Hope I didnt forget anything about this garbo system.

You forgot the automatic death if you have a Requiem wrong being touted as good game design by Steve when in reality it is just a cheap pointless death.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

I can do that, but I think getting killed even when you win the fight is stupid, so I'd rather not do that.

That. Doesn't matter what the rest of the gameplay loop is. Killing the player 5/6 times on nothing more than the roll of a die is the mark of a game designer who has no idea what they're doing.

The fractal grind, complete lack of explanation or lore integration for any stage of the process, the existence of mods that run out of batteries and the completely un-necessary introduction of T5 relics (most of the drops from which are useless) is just icing on the cake.

I've not made a single one. At this point, I never will. They've had their grace period and as such my opinion of "liches" has now very firmly crystallised into "complete S#&$, never touch, EVER". Doesn't matter what they do to it in future.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

I've not made a single one. At this point, I never will. They've had their grace period and as such my opinion of "liches" has now very firmly crystallised into "complete S#&$, never touch, EVER". Doesn't matter what they do to it in future.

I've never made one either, but I'm willing to give the system a look with a massive overhaul- same as I am with anything else I've written off to this point. It still baffles me how they get archwing consistently wrong when this exists, but here we are. 

That said, though, I've yet to see DE give something a massive comprehensive overhaul like that, so my hope for the lich system is pretty limited. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, -Temp0- said:

No its not. Each player has a mission type he's okay with doing even 1000 times in a  row, especially if its rewarding.

There is absolutely no mission type in any game i've ever played that I would want to do 1000 times in a row no matter how rewarding.

9 hours ago, Reifnir said:

At a casual rate of 2 hours per day, that's 80 days of nothing but murmur farming to get a bunch of sidegrade mastery fodder and some cosmetics. Nope, it's still a bad grind overflowing with RNG. Don't defend it, please, it needs fixing, not praising. 

Gonna agree here Reifnir, but quick qeastion

nothing weird sticks out here, from the OP, the video he posted, etc?, No, just me?

• Like 1

The idea of the Lich system in itself isn't that bad, however there's way too much RNG given the amount of time it requires to complete one.

Having to farm murmurs -excluding everything else- for your third Kraken is... not fun.

Some of the rewards feel ok -can't wait to try the Kuva Kohm or the Kuva Quartakk- but some are not.

So, all in all, there is potential but a rework is needed to improve the thing.

And it's not a question about whether or not a given player is good/efficient at completing a Lich.

• Like 2

It’s not hard, but it’s no more interesting than playing the game without liches. You do the same things you always do in Warframe, but with a few more finishers and the occasional visit from a trash talking ugly person. 

So basically indistinguishable from standard WF.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 1

I like to guess the mod order than slowly unlocking each from murmurs BUT I do agree that the thrall farm (coz I still need to make the lich angry by hunting thralls so the lich spawns more often) is very boring and the rewards are meh for all the trouble you have to go through. I just really enjoy the guessing game so I would like to see a way for us to force lich spawn in the mission, idk maybe a beacon or something that has a 100% drop chance for every attempted success or failed lich kill.
EDIT:  It won't drop a beacon on your final lich kill (where you get to choose to convert or vanquish), this is to prevent people from having stockpile of beacons. 

Maybe this will cut the tedious grind for murmur since you can opt to just guess the order (you get a beacon that will spawn the lich) but your lich may reach level 5 and we all know they're kinda annoying at level 5. This won't make lich hunting super easy peasy tho coz you still need to have parazon mods, which means there's still a bit of grind involved but not at this level of mind-numbing grind.

Edited by Yxivi

It sucks. Imagine spending time on Kuva missions where you might not get a relic, might not have the kuva siphon spawned because it bugs out, might not get the relic you want. I already have all the murmurs and it requires that 1 word that i don't have. 

I could just kill thralls and hope it drops a relic but it gets mind tiresome having to deal buggy thralls that are downed and still do an attack + lich + potential invasion + whatever mode you are doing. 

Progress is hard stop since i don't have the word nor the relic and incosistent kuva siphons. I am trying to get rid of my 1st lich since he is stealing void traces(that also have a rng factor on how much you get aside people picking your item) in Lith/Meso areas and also having on Ceres that has orokin cell is a big no to me. 

Sorry for rant but it just feels so unfun 😕

It doesn't respect your time. Think of it this way. What do you get out of a dupe? You can convert a Lich and got what? A free pal that appears when you forget it exists and lasts for how long? Lol.You get nothing for your time that is worth it once you get a dupe that doesn't add anything as far as an extra boost of strength or a new cosmetic if you are lucky.