Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Red orbs on sentient tile, possible secret?

Been doing alot of runs of the anomaly for shedu parts and rare caches and 2 rooms have caught my interest as of late. These 2 rooms have these roaming red orbs that do damage to you if you're near them. The 2 things that caught my attention about these orbs are they travel on a set path and seem to slot themselves in structures for a few seconds and damage numbers come off them when shot by an amp. I believe there's some sort of secret to activate in these rooms that involve these orbs "slotting" into those structures. 

12 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Been doing alot of runs of the anomaly for shedu parts and rare caches and 2 rooms have caught my interest as of late. These 2 rooms have these roaming red orbs that do damage to you if you're near them. The 2 things that caught my attention about these orbs are they travel on a set path and seem to slot themselves in structures for a few seconds and damage numbers come off them when shot by an amp. I believe there's some sort of secret to activate in these rooms that involve these orbs "slotting" into those structures. 

Shoot it with a Shedu 😉

• Like 2

who knows. they could just be some kind of Sentry; those ball-mines that are on the walls that jump at you prove the Sentients take on-board security very seriously. guess we'll have to wait until the New War to know for sure.

I freaking LOVE the Tileset though: reminds me so much of Doom: Eternal... god, I SO want to crush Sentients in those awesome, hellish-looking rooms!

6 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

They're a big lore hint, that is all. It should make people think about what a sentient actually is at its core(pun intended), because the robotic part is only one part of the equation.

I mean, they already did the whole "the robots aren't really robots" thing with warframes. But I guess they have to have some plot twist, so I guess the sentient are magical energy beings now. Frankly it wouldn't surprise me if the sentient turned out to be an actual alien species. If that happens, Warframe lore will have truly jumped the shark.

46 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Frankly it wouldn't surprise me if the sentient turned out to be an actual alien species. If that happens, Warframe lore will have truly jumped the shark.

What are you talking about? Everybody thought that the Sentient were an actual alien race, and a lot of people thought it was kind of lame when they were revealed to just be Machines Rebelling Against Humans #43.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

What are you talking about? Everybody thought that the Sentient were an actual alien race, and a lot of people thought it was kind of lame when they were revealed to just be Machines Rebelling Against Humans #43.

Which is exactly why it would be so stupid to have a second twist in the opposite direction and end up where we started.

22 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

The real twist is that they're Orokin Machines who merged with an alien race.

And that's how they gained sentience? Good god, that's like the biggest damn sci-fi cliché, straight out of Star Trek The Motion Picture. Which was just a big-budget remake of an episode from the TV show, and I'm sure that's not where the idea originated either.

8 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

who knows. they could just be some kind of Sentry; those ball-mines that are on the walls that jump at you prove the Sentients take on-board security very seriously. guess we'll have to wait until the New War to know for sure.

I freaking LOVE the Tileset though: reminds me so much of Doom: Eternal... god, I SO want to crush Sentients in those awesome, hellish-looking rooms!

Glory kills when?

dude, you are overthinking it, i know the content drought hits hard, but its not that bad for you to be making up conspiracy theories about the environmental hazards.

i remember people doing the exact same thing with no mans sky, wasting hours trying to correlate the position of ruins in a planet thinking they were getting some big mystery XD

also in the same way the guys of shadow of the colossus were thinking for years there's was a big door that would open if they do some specific action in the game, turned out there wasn't anything behind the door, the developers didn't put anything behind it, yet people made up the most convincing theories about something that didn't existed XD

1 hour ago, Cubewano said:

can we damage other environmental hazards though?

The Orokin death orbs, sentry turrets, moving wall lazers, Grineer landmines... on one hand...

Corpus Jupiter wall fire explosions, toxic grineer water, electrified orokin derelict water... on the other....

There's potential for there to be something special to this new tileset, especially after the stuff they put in Jupiter's design. I wouldn't discount the possibility off-hand. I wouldn't get behind this 100% either.

More investigation is in order.

1 hour ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

The Orokin death orbs, sentry turrets, moving wall lazers, Grineer landmines... on one hand...

Corpus Jupiter wall fire explosions, toxic grineer water, electrified orokin derelict water... on the other....

There's potential for there to be something special to this new tileset, especially after the stuff they put in Jupiter's design. I wouldn't discount the possibility off-hand. I wouldn't get behind this 100% either.

More investigation is in order.

The first group is all traps/enemy tools and can all be damaged and destroyed. 

The second is environmental hazards and cannot be damage or destroyed.

These orbs can be damage but not destroyed presently as some odd inbetween.  

1 hour ago, Cubewano said:

The first group is all traps/enemy tools and can all be damaged and destroyed. 

The second is environmental hazards and cannot be damage or destroyed.

These orbs can be damage but not destroyed presently as some odd inbetween.  

Actually you can damage and break them. Done it a couple of times. They just can't be "broken" until they start to pop out of the wall, they are essentially an environmental hazard that you can defend against to some degree.

9 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

I mean, they already did the whole "the robots aren't really robots" thing with warframes. But I guess they have to have some plot twist, so I guess the sentient are magical energy beings now. Frankly it wouldn't surprise me if the sentient turned out to be an actual alien species. If that happens, Warframe lore will have truly jumped the shark.

I was more referring to other hints that in context with what we see in this new tileset are validated. For instance, ever wonder why picking up a sentients' essence healed you and your warframe completely, as well as give you full energy? That was a thing ever since they were introduced. Why would void powers interact this way with sentient energy? That kind of mystery. Also, this energy is directly referenced by Natah as well, so it's not like it's just something one can brush off as game mechanical contrivance.

Spoiler

"Given light by the Golden Lords, to build for them... a better world. But my family's journey was long. Time began to change their light."

"But in truth, we were both imprisoned in Lua's belly. My light remade by the creators."

"But now, I am saved. By family. Together, we will overcome the flaws of our light, the Gods of our creation..."

"The light leaves this one, and rejoins the rest."

That, plus the fact that the units those giant light orbs seed the goo pools and create weaker, more primitive looking sentients without a light, and without the ability to adapt to damage, does infer quite a lot about the importance of this energy. The brachiolysts seem more like golems to me than actual units. Also,  the fact that the symbolist doesn't drop a light core(not the crafting resource) seems to indicate that the Shedu we're wielding is powered by that core. Makes sense, I guess that's why it has unlimited ammo. On the flip side - we have now brought a sentient essence into our orbiter. I just hope that weapon wont end up one day coming alive and blowing a hole in the side of my railjack.

• Like 1