The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: The Way People Are Farming the Anomaly Is Getting Ridiculous (some spoilers if you haven't been to the Anomaly)

Gesteur

It’s nicknamed warfarm for a reason my dudes. If DE is going to lock new items behind RNG, people are going to “rush” it. If you don’t want people speed farming, find like minded people on recruiting chat. It’s literally that easy. Going in and using Form Up is like purposefully going out to a bar to start a fight. There’s no reason to do that to randoms who didn’t ask to be match made with you. DE shouldn’t punish people for playing the game efficiently just because it upsets you. 
The sentient ship is already on an invisible timer; we have to use a third party calculation to see when it will appear. The drop rates are kind of absurd, I have yet to see or hear of a single person on console that has the ephemera. The load screens alone eat up two minutes of the thirty minute period per run sometimes. Add the flight time to the sentient ship, and an ideal farm with aborts is only three or four runs max while solo. 

In short, the farm is already miserable. Don’t contribute to it by being a jerk and  using form up on randoms that may or may not know what they are doing. Talk to them first, at least. 

Edited by (XB1)TheRosenBones

8 minutes ago, (XB1)TheRosenBones said:

DE shouldn’t punish people for playing the game efficiently just because it upsets you

It upsets us captains/pilots because they leave in the middle of the mission potentially causing a mission failure, mind you Railjack missions are very CO-OP heavy unlike normal missions. But because this issue is already wide spread it's only a matter of time before DE intervenes and hopefully fix this issue of people rushing and ignoring the mission.

Edited by DrivaMain

11 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

...mind you Railjack missions are very CO-OP heavy unlike normal missions. 

Warframe is a modular game. It is possible to play every mission solo. It’s also encouraged to use squad chat for teaming up with people who want to play a mission the same way you do. 

However, what you are describing by using the Form Up mod is gameplay sabotage. Quitting a mission is not sabotage; I mean, with how Xbox connections are at the moment it’s very possible to lose people to infinite load screens. Which brings back my point: this update isn’t gamer friendly, so don’t be gamer unfriendly by taking “punishment” into your own hands. It’s a free game and the developers were on holiday. Chill. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Gesteur said:

railjack is very hard to solo in veil

It's possible, Easier than you thought , But not enjoyable. If you need details about my solo survival techniques just ask.
But soloing is not recommended.

15 hours ago, Gesteur said:

If this is true, you're penalizing the people that are trying to just play and enjoy the game.

If you don't like it , don't torture your health.
Go play what you want and enjoy yourself .
More Mastery fodders will never gonna be help.

DE's not avail to fix something for you.
Many of Warframe contents are too painful to do.
Imagine the grinds, just to obtain Shedu.

I am too, not doing these chores.

57 minutes ago, (XB1)TheRosenBones said:

Warframe is a modular game. It is possible to play every mission solo. It’s also encouraged to use squad chat for teaming up with people who want to play a mission the same way you do. 

However, what you are describing by using the Form Up mod is gameplay sabotage. Quitting a mission is not sabotage; I mean, with how Xbox connections are at the moment it’s very possible to lose people to infinite load screens. Which brings back my point: this update isn’t gamer friendly, so don’t be gamer unfriendly by taking “punishment” into your own hands. It’s a free game and the developers were on holiday. Chill. 

Rushing into the Sentient ships and leaving if you don’t get what you need also falls into the category. Because you risk a mission failure to everyone else in the squad due to how CO-OP heavy the gamemode is (not everyone has Void Hole, Munitions Vortex, Zekti Bulkheads in their ships). This issue is basically a railjack variant of the dreadful open world bounty mission reward leeching (which has now been partially fixed).

DE has returned from their holidays, I am not suprised if they “lock the anomaly before every objective is completed” and possibly removing the form up tactical avionic in the next monday hotfix.

• Like 1

Considering the most efficient farm for containers is a 4-way split farm, it makes absolutely no sense to think rush cycling pub matches in a squad for containers is "efficient" at all. It's just players panicking because the short time window, likely with real life obligations that can't otherwise match times with the window. The Sentient drops, on the other hand, take a bit more time and coordination for a proper team of 3 looters to counteract the low droprates.

Rushers will always exist, just look at any given Fissure Capture or Exterminate mission. Even there, you have "anti-rushers" who refuse to go to extraction because someone "went too fast" or someone starts flaming because someone "went too slow".

It just sounds like people running Arlo's boss quest and quitting if they didn't get the right part all over again, or other people ignoring their liches blocking someone elses' from spawning. Hell, even Eidolons got Arcanes locked til mission end because players would quit after the first or second. I'm pretty sure DE will intervene and put safeguards in place so both sides play nicely with eachother.

That said, I do this weird thing of having zero expectations when I enter an "anything goes" aka Public match, and most of the time I'm pleasantly surprised. If I have expectations, I'll be sure to use recruiting chat since I want to dictate the mission as host.

Edited by Vaeldious
  • Like 1

An easy solution: 

Introduce a timer in game so people know when it will appear; every other cycling mini event has countdown, why not this one? Make it so the mission appears on the star map without having to reload it by either exiting to dojo/orbiter or completing another mission. This will reduce randoms from accidentally joining in on a sentient map. Knowing it will pop soon will make people aware that they could be joining a farming group, or a regular mission. 

Disable Form Up to prevent trolling. 

As it currently stands with networks, glitches, infinite load screens; players on public are completely at the mercy of the other squad members, be it spiteful trolling of Form Up or trying to squeeze in a sentient run because the window is so short. 

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Gesteur:

Awesome. I'm happy for you but I don't think I'm to that point yet. But that's why I'm using pugs instead of going in solo.

My own ship may have had a shot but being stuck with the original host's ship I died fast with them having close to half the ship health. 

I did all RJ Missions solo without any trouble, but only used inaros, amesha and imip. vandal. give it a try, helps to avoid those situations u had.

Il y a 5 heures, DrivaMain a dit :

Sure you can look for rare chests, but not in my session. Some people join these pub sentient ship runs and hope that they can leech some Intrinsics points while they are rushing. FYI aborting still keep all your earned intrinsics points, Which is disgusting.

Until DE fix this issue, I will always keep Form Up Tactical Avionic in my pocket.

Now that is a good idea to keep those ppl in check ! If they want to ruin my session, i'll ruin theirs. I was completing a node (which has the Sentient Anomaly on) and everyone left me and my RJ for dead, only to abort the mission moment later, forcing me to solo. Im managed to clear the node painfully, but it wasn't a pleasant experience. Having no clanies active all the time, i'm inclined to Pub the Veil to clear the node.

As a rusher raiding pubs, you are not only using the sessions of other players to deny them the reward of that session for your own advancement, you are also occupying a team slot that could be filled by someone willing to work for the common good. If you ask the team to hit the ship first sometimes they actually will but I rarely see a rusher ask, they just beeline for the goodies ignoring everyone else.

Form up seems exactly the right responce ... but only once the rusher gets within 1k of the ship so you're clearly about to steal everyone elses' steak off the dinnertable while they're still washing up and it wastes the maximum time possible as a fitting balance for your selfish disregard for everyone else involved.

• Like 1

Just fill the slot before going in! Recruiting chat is a useful tool. There is no reason to not use it. I’m primarily a solo player but for Eidalon hunts, farming shedu with nekros, Ivara, etc, I’ve used the recruiting chat. Ran into a lot of great players out there who have fantastic ships and great strategies. Or, grab a friend/clan mate or two and run it with three. The only reason why randoms are ruining your experience is because you are letting the unknown variant into your game. 

but even still that does not mean you get to Form Up them. Anything you do in spite to purposefully ruin someone’s experience is griefing. Sure, someone leaving squad to host migrate can also be griefing, but that’s ENTIRELY preventable by having a premade team go in. 

sure, someone can cut me off driving, but that doesn’t entitle me to ram their car, y’know? 

19 hours ago, Gesteur said:

Only thing I could think of (and I'm sure many people farming this way will be mad) is if the anomaly is locked until the other mission objectives are completed.

not a viable option when there's only 30 mins, and it takes a good 20 mins to finish a veil mission with a good crew and a half-decent railjack. you only get 2 runs as it is, reducing it to one run only is only going to make the problem even worse.

DE should never have implemented Anomalies in such a manner, and if they must insist on time-gated content, they should at least make the time-gates consistent. anywhere from 2 to almost 3 hours is not good enough.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)TheRosenBones said:

Anything you do in spite to purposefully ruin someone’s experience is griefing

You mean, like treating their playtime with complete disregard, denying them of one of the rarer rewards, deliberately and methodically in random session after random session, whilst pointing the finger at DE for making that same rare reward something difficult to obtain?
That kind of purposeful action?

15 minutes ago, (XB1)TheRosenBones said:

Recruiting chat is a useful tool. There is no reason to not use it.

Agreed. It is exactly as useful to find a group of likeminded folks to run the mission as a whole as it is to find a group of likeminded folks to rush and bail.
The problem is people too arrogant and/or selfcentered to bother, who instead join a public match and treat the other players as fixtures they have a right to exploit without consequence. Form Up is an in-session mechanic which gives the exploited players the ability to render a slight consequence on a member of their session that is acting against the interests of the rest of team when used in this manner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xyngrr said:

You mean, like treating their playtime with complete disregard, denying them of one of the rarer rewards, deliberately and methodically in random session after random session, whilst pointing the finger at DE for making that same rare reward something difficult to obtain?
That kind of purposeful action?

No, their goal is the reward, not to make other players unhappy, unlike spamming so called "in-session mechanic" just to annoy those kind of people (and everyone else that is not on railjack, too)

Disregarding others are fine, intentionally annoying them aren't.

Slapping host migration onto everyone because you finished what you want to do is fine, but causing host migration just for the sake of host migration multiple times wouldn't be tolerated.

• Like 2

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Test-995:

No, their goal is the reward, not to make other players unhappy, unlike spamming so called "in-session mechanic" just to annoy those kind of people (and everyone else that is not on railjack, too)

Disregarding others are fine, intentionally annoying them aren't.

Slapping host migration onto everyone because you finished what you want to do is fine, but causing host migration just for the sake of host migration multiple times wouldn't be tolerated.

Blaim DE for it. They were so (sorry for it) braindead stupid to implement a

insane low drop chance on to

a random spawning contanier / a "farmable" enemy

onto a chance were the side object will be there

onto small timeframe where the event will be available

with an still unknown (wont count external sources here we have to rely on) timer to it and on top of it

to a random node (not even a seperate #*!%ing one)

Edited by ValinorAtani
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xyngrr said:

Form Up is an in-session mechanic which gives the exploited players the ability to render a slight consequence on a member of their session that is acting against the interests of the rest of team when used in this manner.

Form up used against a player that doesn't want it is trolling. All using it is going to do is get them to hit alt-f4 and or report you.

Trolling and counter trolling have no real difference as both are just for messing with people.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ValinorAtani said:

Blaim DE for it. They were so (sorry for it) braindead stupid to implement a

insane low drop chance on to

a random spawning contanier / a "farmable" enemy

onto a chance were the side object will be there

onto small timeframe where the event will be available

with an still unknown (wont count external sources here we have to rely on) timer to it and on top of it

to a random node (not even a seperate #*!%ing one)

This. All of this.

The real problem here is that the community is divided and venting their anger on each other rather than on the target that actually deserves it - the ones who implemented a system like this in the first place.

• Like 1

hace 16 horas, Dthamilaye dijo:

I mean, how could DE not see this beforehand? Make any valuable drops AN END OF MISSION reward, please. Or make it so that you can only go to one sentient mission per cycle, aborted or completed. 

hace 16 horas, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson dijo:

Perhaps DE could introduce a mission cooldown if you abort a mission or 2 in a row.

Definitely no, increasing the time needed to play a mission is not the solution, we are talking about that the poeple leaves because the probability of getting something interesting from the sentient ship is too low instead of putting it as a RNG bless (at least for the ephemera) they could make it like the ayatan sculpture mission that offers maroo, you need to pass a very difficult puzzle that  ALWAYS spawn on the sentient ship to get the ephemera.

8 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

If only Soloing Railjack missions in a reasonable time exist.

Looking at your recent response, It seems you are one of those "rushers". I am done with you, don't even bother Quoting me in this thread.

Do you not have friends to play railjack with? And if you don't then just use recruiting chat it not that hard to find people wanting to do veil for the resources or MK3 stuff.

Why is it so hard for people to use recruiting chat or have friends? You don't keep walking down the same path where you keep getting mauled by wolves complain you're getting mauled by wolves only to keep going down the same path when there's a perfectly safe path 2 feet away with no wolves.

Edited by (XB1)The Neko Otaku

22 hours ago, Skaleek said:

For the time being, anyway

And the reality is the moment they nerf it people will riot if the don't fix the other 300 problems with the game mode (99 of them is any reactor that doesn't give you 100 avionics for 2% drop rate).

Sucks the balance on release is so piss poor that a frame/AW idls being nerfed for being the only viable thing in the mode insted of the mode being rebalance in general.

I'm sure they'll do a half ass fix at some point. But right now I've not heared of it. Just nerfs for the only thing that makes the mode playable. Seriously, take away AW(specifically amesh) and the mode is so unbalanced its borderline unplayable.

Edited by (PS4)XxDrakenguardxX

52 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Do you not have friends to play railjack with? And if you don't then just use recruiting chat it not that hard to find people wanting to do veil for the resources or MK3 stuff.

Why is it so hard for people to use recruiting chat or have friends? You don't keep walking down the same path where you keep getting mauled by wolves complain you're getting mauled by wolves only to keep going down the same path when there's a perfectly safe path 2 feet away with no wolves.

Think about it. Would you want to be friends with someone who openly admits to trolling people who don't do exactly what he wants, when he tells you to? 

Same goes for squadding up via recruiting chat. Do you really want to squad up with a petit Napoleon, when there are others who understand that groups don't need to be micromanaged?