Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Ivara Prime 27.0.9

[DE]Megan

I have to admit I'm completely flummoxed by what exactly you want Railjack to be.

The average mission time is 20+ minutes - not the meta farming techniques (which now cant do that) but the average player. Yet the rewards are no better than a 2 minute capture run. Once players have their 80~ reactor, who is going to go back for more? no one but the hardest of hardcore min maxers. its going to be a dead game mode.

You already have dead archwing missions on the starchart - and yet nerf them here where its the only place they could potentially be remotely interesting. And do nothing to address the fact that only one AW is even remotely viable.

Speed of combat - except for the pilot, even if everyone stayed on the ship its not interesting or fun for more than a few missions to be a fireman. and not interesting at all to work forges that are perpetually on cooldown, locked in a closet not seeing action. Or being a gunner hoping for the stray ship to get in range and tickle it with impotent weapons before the pilot veers away.

Umbra forma and an ephemera locked behind such a huge RNG wall they may as well not be rewards at all and rather lottery tickets.

You claim you want the railjack weapons to feel powerful on their own, then nerf the only one that was any good.

You tweak drop rates that are so abysmal that doubling them (be it resources or wreckage) is meaningless.

You think by marking avionics the fact that you need to tediously scrounge around to pick everything up isn't still a ridiculous chore.

You shower us with absolute terrible wreckage and we now need to keep returning to micro manage our inventory lest run the risk of auto deleting something remotely useful.

How exactly do you expect this game mode to be viable in the face of any of the these decisions? Do you think people will play a mission for 20 min to get a reward they can get elsewhere at LEAST 4 times over in the same amount of time?

Do you think a player base that likes fast paced killing is going to be happy plinking away with pea shooters?

My friend and I were playing tonight and trying to think of a single reason we would come back to RJ in a month - and nothing. The rewards for time spent (wreckage - an appropriate name for the trash it is- is not a long term sustainable content grind) is not even close to being on par with other parts of Warframe. Loot collection is not even close to being on par with vacuum, fetch etc.  Loot rate gathering is not even close to other parts of warframe where we have multiple ways of desecrating, pickpocketing, or otherwise skewing the paltry 2% drops a touch in our favor - we can do none of that in this game mode.

I really would love to be a fly on the wall in your meetings where you discuss what you think the appropriate drops rate are, the rate of progression is, the expected reward for time played is, the appropriate time-to-kill per enemy is -  and what it is YOU DE think WE  the players actually enjoy about Warframe - because from here it really feels like you have no clue.

6 hours ago, tucker_d_dawg said:

-Snip-

Well said. I think most people were expecting buffs after the Holiday break as almost everyone agreed on the issues of RJ, yet the first hotfix they sent it's to nerf weapons, buff enemies' EHP, remove rush drones and put them in the rewards rotation (with a legendary droprate of 0,25% so good luck getting those) and no changes whatsoever to the insane costs of repairs.

It truly feels like they have no clue at all.

Rush repair removes ... this is really bad idea. It means long grinding for one part of railjack component. And option find this item as mission reward with very low drop rate, haha :D. Drop rate for resources like asterite etc. are terrible. And same situation with vidar, lavan components. Now more players will play railjack 😄 :D.

8 hours ago, Ekzarcun said:

so they reduced the EHP of a fighter ship in veil by 700 but removed the rhino buff and nerfed cryophon's while still keeping the healling bubbles YIKES DE 

The math is wrong actually, wiki formulas for health/armor scaling are 1+<factor>*(level-base_level)^<pow>; <factor> being 0.015 and 0.005 respectively and <pow> being 2 and 1.75.

This means that gian point (35-37) fighters have x19.4 health and x3.52 armor, which rises non-outrider enemy ehp across the board by 26% (flak) to 69% (elite taktis). In raw numbers ehp went up from 17.5-26k to 26.2-37k.

Plus the frost gun nerf that cuts the damage by over a half for some reason, and now even a near-max roll vidar one with zetki hyperstrike needs 4-5 shots (or 3 crits) at point blank to kill a fighter.

Oh and apparently they nerfed the base crit damage to x1.5 from x2.

And you know, I wouldn't mind the "difficulty" nearly as much if half the mission reward table wasn't full of useless relics that we can get much faster in other places instead of things like the umbral forma that was promised or more rolls at the rng wheel for components (which is still S#&amp;&#036; because proper rng loot needs more axes of rng for interesting interactions and compromises and a ton more drops to function at minimum).

6 hours ago, anfuerudo said:

-Snip-

Well, numbers mean facts, right?

Before this fix I could kill Exo Outrider with about 60-70% of Phaedra magazine. Now? Barely with full magazine. Barely, if I get enough crits, because if I don't? Nope, more than one mag.

Yes, I know it has weak points, but that's beside my point here.

And same goes for all enemies. Before I could kill Elite Exo Cutter in about 120 rounds, give or take 20, now - 200+. Regular Cutter before was an under 100 round job, now - 140. This is really bad, this increases time to complete the mission and that's before scouring the place because you're always low on Titanium.

And going back to Cryophon. Someone said that its damage was halved? Well, no, it wasn't. It was reduced by a factor of four. I had nearly 8k on my MK3 Cryo(yes, I'm not fully specced, boohoo), now I have less than 2k with the same set up. And if the calculations of EMH someone did here are right, then we have the same amount of EMH(give or take couple hundred) but Cryo that deals one fourth of its previous damage. Just how is this mean to make out RJ guns feel great?

I'm MR 28 and have spent who knows how much platinum on the game. Spent over 4 maybe 5k hours across two versions, but now... DE come on!!! NERF NERF NERF and no fixes!!! Or your fixes are so unhelfpful that you might as well have not bothered! It is clear that you don't understand how to balance resource cost anymore, and you clearly don't respect anyone's time. You introduced nothing but fail farms and 30-45 minute time sinks. I actually do try to farm things but at this point? It's not worth it. It is not worth farming the new weapons. It is not worth farming wreckage that is going to probably be worse than the cheap stuff in dojo. I'll do more than just dailies when Railjack and Liches aren't more of a pain than they are worth.

Turns out the "queuing" dread mirror from seeking talons on garuda is just straight up an animation cancel out of the 2nd half of seeking talon. Absolutely amazing.

Someone at DE must really love garuda because I can't recall a frame that has gotten as much attention to details like this that wasn't in the current limelight such as during a rework phase.

The ridiculousness of this nerffix still gets me, so, sorry, sorry, it's still me ranting, but... Guys, you were asked to reduce ridiculous scaling of enemies in RJ missions. You've said "Okay" and increased scaling even further, nearly doubling EHP while nerfing damage output tends to do that. And all that because one damage type and one weapon were "overpowered"? Well, maybe, just maybe, they weren't. Maybe, just maybe, it was the other way around and all other weapons and damage types were severely underpowered for a content you yourselves put in the game. In fact, that's what it was. It's the same thing as with riven mods. Nerfing ones for good weapons and buffing others for bad weapons won't make people to switch or even consider bad weapons, they just stop using rivens for good weapons or roll something else. Well, to be fair, this time it worked, but only because you actually nerfed one good weapon to the ground, so it's no longer viable. But that's the way to nowhere. Please, reconsider.

10 hours ago, HLixir said:

Rank 10 Gunnery is still inconsistent when you aim to lock on one target 

P.S.

Mantle of the lotus when?

Would be nice for a separate version for the public

UtYTBQD.png

This was part of the "Guides of the Lotus" which no longer exists. It was a shoulder armor and exclusive to players who were part of the program.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Guides_of_the_Lotus

2 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

Is the nerf to Vidar Cryophon crit multiplier (now 1.5 times base instead of 2.0) intended, a UI glitch, or a bug? This makes the supposed crit build choice much less strong, narrowing build choices considerably.

Did you read the patch notes at all?

It has been months of melee being unplayable. Please add a toggle for hold to heavy attack.

As for the rest of the patch, I sleep. I won't be playing railjack until this inane obsession with wanting it to have months worth of content stops. It would be fine if DE's idea of content wasn't just increasing the grind to absurdity.
Take the rush drones, the pay to win problem wasn't with them existing, it is that it was the only reasonable way to progress while having a life because it skipped the ridiculously high cost of parts. I've got other things to do DE I won't play this one note game mode for 6 hours a day, and i know plenty of others who have quit for similar reasons.

1 minute ago, Mint-Parfait said:

It has been months of melee being unplayable. Please add a toggle for hold to heavy attack.

As for the rest of the patch, I sleep. I won't be playing railjack until this inane obsession with wanting it to have months worth of content stops. It would be fine if DE's idea of content wasn't just increasing the grind to absurdity.
Take the rush drones, the pay to win problem wasn't with them existing, it is that it was the only reasonable way to progress while having a life because it skipped the ridiculously high cost of parts. I've got other things to do DE I won't play this one note game mode for 6 hours a day, and i know plenty of others who have quit for similar reasons.

Melee is unplayable for you because you can't heavy attack a better way?

Yikes.

1 minute ago, Saberfrost said:

Melee is unplayable for you because you can't heavy attack a better way?

Yikes.

Yes because hold is straight up broken for many people, hence the replys from people about it in every damn patch note post. Because at higher fps and weapon speeds the time needed to hold down for heavy attack is shortened, meaning they constantly get used accidentally. So for me and many other players we can't do regular blood rush or normal attack builds because the combo is always wasted. Meaning the only viable build left for high content is heavy attack only, I find this boring so I just don't melee anything any more.

Archived