Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to lose your sanity in a Lich Hunt. This is fine? Where's the Lich Rework?

HamletEagle

8 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

You're doing it wrong is why.

Stop brute forcing it. Murmur farm FIRST, then you hunt your lich AFTER you learn all 3 requiems

Wait, what? You get far more murmur progress when you fail an attempt than from farming alone. Is there a reason why you don't want your liche to level up?

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph
  • Like 10

20 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Stop brute forcing it. Murmur farm FIRST, then you hunt your lich AFTER you learn all 3 requiems

Do you know why the "guess" option is there? It is to shorten Murmur grind, if you are able to roll with higher lvls.
In this case, OP already knows that 2 of the revealed words do not belong in the first slot, so they already eliminated 50% of possible combiantions with the right words. Furthermore, there is a high chance to unveil the next word on next encounter, even before they unveile the 3rd word with Murmur. So how is this the wrong option? Not to mention all the extra stuff a stab offers.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, HamletEagle said:

Sometimes... I really hate this game...  

I've been where you are. on a duplicate weapon lich no less. and yet tonight I killed a Lich at rank 3 for a brand spanking new Kuva Tonkor, so it just goes to show how varied the guessing game is: you either get super lucky, or you don't figure out the right requiem until you've tried all but one.

they might rethink the instakilling and weapon grind mechanics, but I don't think they'll change the murmur farm and the guessing games you have to play. as much as I enjoy fighting the tougher enemies, I'll still be a bit relieved once I have all the weapons and won't have to touch Liches again (until Corpus Liches appear...pls DE no nully bubbles..)

43 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Sure, if you want it to take a lot longer. Leveling up your Lich as fast as possible is in your best interest. It opens more nodes, which means more options missions wise, and you could possibly guess all three on the first stab. I haven’t been able to understand those that wait to stab. There isn’t any guarantee you’ll get it right after you lean all three anyways.
Guessing correctly saves murmur progress too, so if you’re about to learn the second murmur, and correctly guess it first, you’re now 95% of the way to learning your 3rd requiem. shots in the dark can save lots of time. 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Deputy Facepain said:

Sure, if you want it to take a lot longer. Leveling up your Lich as fast as possible is in your best interest. It opens more nodes, which means more options missions wise, and you could possibly guess all three on the first stab. I haven’t been able to understand those that wait to stab. There isn’t any guarantee you’ll get it right after you lean all three anyways.
Guessing correctly saves murmur progress too, so if you’re about to learn the second murmur, and correctly guess it first, you’re now 95% of the way to learning your 3rd requiem. shots in the dark can save lots of time. 

It's faster to not brute force it, quit lying

vor einer Stunde schrieb Mover-NeRo:

I know your pain...i also wait for the rework.

Probably more healthy to just ignore this system and move on (Edit: i had more than enough after 3 Liches)

I think in the 2nd last Devstream of 2019 they said they wont make any changes to Liches anymore.

In the survey from steve 40% of the players voted Liches the worst Update of 2019, so lets see if they care about that feedback or stay stubborn and keep the system untouched ignoring all the great ideas players posted to make this an actually fun and engaging system.

Edited by DreisterDino
  • Like 1

I had to do one due to my Helios Prime choosing a bad time to shoot a disc out near a lockdown panel...

Never again, even if they get rid of the automatic death I want nothing to do with the system solely because DE rushed it out the door so badly that only the diehard farmers and lunatics are still doing it.

You have my sympathy.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

It's not that it's a problem.

It's that it isn't a problem, that's the problem.

And I'm not going to lich hunt incorrectly like the rest of you nincompoops do. Murmur farm first is the only way to do it.

I’m not sure how guessing is wrong, but if you want to take your time with your lich it’s fine with me. Mostly I just want to cap my lich and role the next :P.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Is there a reason why you don't want your liche to level up?

Why should I let them? The system is a failure, but the entire point is that the Lich is my enemy, and I have no reason to let my enemy level up. If my Lich spawns before I've even Unveiled my first Requiem, I ain't stabbing him, because I would get a total of THREE murmurs. Far better to just let my level 1 lich turn all the enemies nearby into Thralls and stab those instead.

Once I've got two unveiled, and a failed guess is worth like ten murmurs, then it's time to start stabbing

4 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Why should I let them? The system is a failure, but the entire point is that the Lich is my enemy, and I have no reason to let my enemy level up. If my Lich spawns before I've even Unveiled my first Requiem, I ain't stabbing him, because I would get a total of THREE murmurs. Far better to just let my level 1 lich turn all the enemies nearby into Thralls and stab those instead.

Once I've got two unveiled, and a failed guess is worth like ten murmurs, then it's time to start stabbing

Finally, somebody who knows how it works

20 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Are you implying that I'm gonna kill you in about 20 year's time?

Also the Jedi were wrong the whole time. #Fact

And you who clearly does not understand the logic of multi-tasking various approaches towards one objective when said approaches will stack in progression to the completion of the objective. Action A & action B will stack with eachother, it is not like a matter of 2 damage buffs from the same ability on 2 different players casting it, will only have the one with the stronger effect apply and the latter be completely ignored. When honestly, it should instead stack since they are from 2 different sources as in 2 casters applying the effect. In some cases such a interaction would be rather over-powered, but it depends on if said `game` is based around running variety comps, over maximizing interaction impacts.

Now lets use a thing i am recently doing on Kingdom hearts 3 as a example, due to the REMIND DLC not being something one should run in wrecklessly into, Farming Stat boosts.

In order to make the things, i need a bunch of resources, which most i can craft by buying them from the shop, but SOME of them (Wellspring materials), have to be farmed. Now instead of just simply focusing solely on farming the Wellspring materials first, i decided to equip a item which converts all prizes to money prizes (In addition to foods for a nice stacking effect for bigger money payout)). So as i farm for the Wellspring, i build up a pile of money which i can use all that stacked up goods to craft the other materials. Oh and before you say something like there is better ways to earn money, i can easily switch over to that after i got all the wellspring mats.

This is basically multi-tasking at its finest because i saved a bunch of time by doing 2 tasks at the same time. In Kuva Lich`s cases, failing to kill the kuva lich and killing thralls is basically the SAME thing, i get murmur progress, plus i can use those attempts to stab that lich to give me a free 33% progression if i guess one of the symbols right without knowing them via murmurs. PLUS, even if i guess wrong because the symbol the murmurs revealed was not the first one, this means i ALSO got a 33% progression done by knowing i have a 1 in 2 chance that the symbol is the second or third one.

Throw in as many people have stated that more maps EQUALS more places to earn murmurs, Since its not like you can be some cheating dik-head and abort mission after gaining murmurs and your going to be forced to kill the lich anyway to spawn more missions since i do not think its explained that the lich will `automatically` spawn more nodes if you clear every node he has access to, which would mean you are forced to CAMP other people`s lich nodes to get yours to spawn because you cleared out all yours while skipping yer lich.

6 minutes ago, Mikaer88 said:

I am implying that you are wrong and I have the high ground.

I'm implying that you're ultimately wrong in how liches are.

Liches suck right now, and need to be very punishing upon failure but also very rewarding upon success(which should be reasonably more often than failure)

If you cannot defeat your lich, that's on you. I don't care if you're MR 30 with 5,000 hours and have played since beta; You fail, you lose. Liches are not some trash mob, they're literally the closest thing that any other entity can get to being on even ground with a Tenno, warframe or not, without needing to be a sentient. Kuva is like ghetto poor-man's void power.