Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to lose your sanity in a Lich Hunt. This is fine? Where's the Lich Rework?

HamletEagle

I am sorry OP but DE has nothing to do with your particular problem, you are just doing it wrong.

Milking your lich for extra thralls and having him spawn more frequently is more beneficial in the long term than stabbing him every single time, unless you want to rely on pure luck in which case luck can swing both ways.

So what you actually do, unless you wanna play a roulette for no reason and potetially get screwed over by poor luck like you did, is you don't touch you lich till you get the first murmur. Then you stab him, while also revealing potential order of the first murmur.

Then you keep farming and milking your lich for extra thralls (NOT stabbing him all the time) untill you hit murmur 2, which again, will help you reveal the order.

Then you do the same untill Murmur 3, after which you will either know the combination already after previous tries, or you might need one more stab.

Easy, steady and no RNG guessing.

EDIT: I may see a reason in stabbing you lich an extra time if you want him to occupy more planets and have more mission types to chose from.

Edited by Mr.Fluffins

3 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Never understood why ppl doing it this way.

I get that you have chance to guess the right combo but if you don't, you just end up with a powerfull lich that's a pain to kill.

I rather do the murmur farm and only at the third murmur I kill myself to speed up the process.

We do it this way since the level increase is inconsequential to us. We only care that the lich dies faster and taking more guesses accomplishes that goal.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

For all of our sakes. 

And by level 5, I am most of the time not bothered to arse with lvl 100-120 enemies when all I want is just to do a quickie mission to spawn the ez lvl 1 lich and be done with it.

Level 5 liches are not hard

I just don't feel like wacking on a bullet sponge is all, that and I just want them gone without having to arse with their BS abilities sometimes (toxin/radiation liches are a massive pain in the derriere sometimes. I have enough of that in the sorties, thank you so much)

Lvl 5 liches aren't hard...just time consuming if you do it solo like I did. Fought my lich for 20 straight minutes 2 days ago with Nova and danced on the edge of death the whole time. Sure my weapon might have sucked, but something about the weakness aspect feels...wrong. my lich was weak to corrosive, and even using said element didn't make things any easier, it still felt like I was hitting it with a wet tissue. Guess I can chalk it up to the whole bullet sponge thing.

Edited by (PS4)ErydisTheLucario

1 hour ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Worst case scenario if you do it properly, your lich will die at level 4 at the very highest, since you have your attempts before the 4th one as the final/correct one. Best case scenario, obviously first try.

Or if you brute force it, you have to deal with a level 5 lich and possibly blow through all your revives(and potential mission failures if you blow through all revives) when having to deal with level 110+ Nox Eximuses and other B.S. enemy units while just trying to focus on the lich at the same time.

How are you using all your revives if lvl 5 liches and nox eximuses aren't hard?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

-snip-

Nice dodge from that one comment, which explains in detail on the basis of one explicit Lich hunt postet here, how "Murmur first" is slower than stabbing.

10 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Why should I let them? The system is a failure...

This is besides the points being maid. Lore behind a system has absolutely nothing to do with the fastest way to hunt your lich. You think Lich is not a good nemesis? You feel it is dumb to die on a RNG failure? Fine. Does any of it matter if you want to end your hunt as fast as possible? No.

Is Lich system good? Absolutely not. It does not respect your time, because each individual hunt may take up to 2 hours; weapon %-rolls are heavily weighted towards the lower end; bad rolls have no purpose, but still demand a huge time investment; content is padded and inflated with low success rate. Those are the real problems! Not a scripted death.

Edited by ShortCat

13 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

You're doing it wrong is why.

Stop brute forcing it. Murmur farm FIRST, then you hunt your lich AFTER you learn all 3 requiems

I've stopped after the second Lich and even I know you are wrong.

Guessing the corrects and failed attempts speeds up the process considerably. It is dumb, poorly thought out, but that is the way it is.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Anthraxicus said:

I've stopped after the second Lich and even I know you are wrong.

Guessing the corrects and failed attempts speeds up the process considerably. It is dumb, poorly thought out, but that is the way it is.

No it does not. It only makes you have to deal with more trouble than you should have to. There is no reason to allow your lich to level up, unless you were defeated by your lich that is.

to the OP - instead of getting all the murmurs (in a pretty fast and efficient way, compared to what you have done here), you wanted to bruteforce, wasted your resources and your time in the probably most detrimental way, and now you're acting all surprised. 

what exactly do you want from DE here?

DE can't fix stupid. 

Edited by tzadquiel
for a 31 toxin brak lolololol

17 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

Probably more healthy to just ignore this system and move on (Edit: i had more than enough after 3 Liches)

I think in the 2nd last Devstream of 2019 they said they wont make any changes to Liches anymore.

In the survey from steve 40% of the players voted Liches the worst Update of 2019, so lets see if they care about that feedback or stay stubborn and keep the system untouched ignoring all the great ideas players posted to make this an actually fun and engaging system.

You should probably get yourself up to date. Last destream they said they are going to change alot about liches. No RNG deaths, better murmur progression among other things.

• Like 2

Reveal 1st word, check if it's the right one for the first slot, Y/N go back to farm murmurs til you get the 2nd word, check if right for first or second slot Y/N go back to farm murmurs for the 3rd word, check if it is the right for first, second or third slot. When I grinded for the Liches I did it that way and would get the requiem in about 3-4 total word tries.

Honest question.

Why do people even give a damn if other players are "Doing it wrong"?

You're complaining about the efficiency of others, something that should have absolutely no impact on you or your efficiency, why does somebody keeping their Lich low level cause this huge reaction and argument over who is right or wrong when it doesn't bloody matter who is right or wrong?

Seriously, this isn't doing something outright wrong like flying a Railjack into a shipkiller platform or purposely shooting a Tonkor at your feet, this is an option for slower but easier grinding on a system that honestly doesn't deserve people even playing it in the first place.

Why on Earth do any of you care what other people are doing, and why does everyone feel this compulsive need to superimpose their farming methods on other people?

(Not directed at the OP)

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ShortCat said:

This is besides the points being maid. Lore behind a system has absolutely nothing to do with the fastest way to hunt your lich. You think Lich is not a good nemesis? You feel it is dumb to die on a RNG failure? Fine. Does any of it matter if you want to end your hunt as fast as possible? No.

You and I seem to be on the same page for the most part (I don't even need to make this post because you're right in general), so to get this out of my system once and for all let me explain why this so called "time save" doesn't really register with me as a valid argument

OK so I'm hunting my Lich and clearing out his first planet. 35 Thralls later and I have his first unveiled, and now he's at enough rage to start spawning. So I test my leftmost mod on him and I fail. You guys get your wish and your oh so precious 150 Kuva. Other than the system being crap, I'm fine because I needed to test that mod anyway.

So now I start killing thralls again. I need 55 to unveil the second but I get a +5 bonus for that death (and you might already see my issue but bear with me). Say my Lich spawns again when I'm at 40 thralls +5 bonus. If I stab him again, that's another +5 bonus.

Now everybody in the squad is telling me "but it's faster to take the +5 bonus! Just die and let me have the 200 Kuva!" I have no reason to take that +5 bonus. 5 thralls is half an Exterminate mission. HALF an Exterminate mission. As in, I still have to do the entire Exterminate mission.

So I ignore my Lich and I get my second Unveiled at the end of the NEXT mission. Now I have two unveiled. And my Lich spawns again because he's still enrages, and I test my two mods against him. Sake of example, my left mod is correct and center is wrong, so I die. Now I get a +8 bonus instead of a +5 bonus, my squadmates get their oh so precious 200 Kuva anyway, and I'm just hoping that my freaking Kuva Kohm is going to be worth these 15-or-so (which, to get back to my argument, would NOT have gone down to 14 if I let my Lich stab me earlier than scheduled) level 70 missions

2 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

No it does not. It only makes you have to deal with more trouble than you should have to. There is no reason to allow your lich to level up, unless you were defeated by your lich that is.

Why would you think that a Lich is of any trouble? They barely pose a threat. I even think they shouldn't have a level cap and should have other means for leveling up.

3 minutes ago, da_blok_is_hot said:

Really. That's the input you have about the Lich system.......? Practice guessing?

Yep you posted for the attention.... That's clear to see. 

It was a joke, thus the sarcasm tag (/s). Obviously you posted to demonstrate your lack of humor, that's clear to see.

We all know the lich system needs work, I was just lightening the mood and the OP even appreciated my humor if you see their response.

I have basically the opposite problem. I still haven't even killed a single Lich. I know the requiem combo to kill him. I actually learned it after three tries. But, because of that, I know I don't have the final mod I need. And after spending two weeks farming and opening relics without getting it, I gave up.

Nothing about this system is fun. Or challenging. Or engaging. It would be more worthwhile to play Yahtzee by myself. It would also require less dice rolls.

22 minutes ago, da_blok_is_hot said:

No I posted facts.... You posted for the attention is what I said. That's clear to see..........

I was just having fun with the OP. If you read my next reply you would see that I was having fun and both of us were joking around. Or do you really think buying a booster was a serious reply? Sometimes the only thing you can do to deal with a bad situation is smile and laugh about it. You should give it a try.

Well, if you think you can brute force the lich, go on. No one has the right to stop you if you want to test your luck and able to face level 100 - 120 grineer and level 5 lich.

If you don't think you can handle it, farm murmur until you know the combination.

Why fight over trivial things?

12 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Or if you brute force it, you have to deal with a level 5 lich and possibly blow through all your revives(and potential mission failures if you blow through all revives) when having to deal with level 110+ Nox Eximuses and other B.S. enemy units while just trying to focus on the lich at the same time.

Chroma says hi. A decent Vex Armor build trivializes lvl 5 Lich content. that’s just one option. Plenty of frames can trivialize it. Nova is a super tank when you combine adaptation, with max duration Null Star. She should be able to survive lvl 110 enemies no problem. 

30 minutes ago, (XB1)Deputy Facepain said:

Chroma says hi. A decent Vex Armor build trivializes lvl 5 Lich content. that’s just one option. Plenty of frames can trivialize it. Nova is a super tank when you combine adaptation, with max duration Null Star. She should be able to survive lvl 110 enemies no problem. 

Radiation liches think that's just the cutest thing ever

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

-snip-

I have no idea where you got those numbers. A stab yields 10x Murmur(~1 mission). To reveal all 3 words you need 180 Murmur in total, always.

If you only stab to test a revealed word, you still have to farm at least 160 Murmur - this is your worst case AS WELL AS your best case. The real fun starts, when you go for a 3rd stab and fail - you get a Lich with low rage and you have to do God knows how many missions till he comes after you. Granted, this can also happen if you stab a Lich every time, just like in OP's case. HOWEVER, there is a significant difference - OP did 6 stabs, so they already had to farm 40 Murmur less than you & had a bigger mission pool selection. With only 2 remaining words, there is a high chance to unveil (or end the hunt) after the next encounter even before Murmur farm is complete. Additionally, this Lich already has high agro and won't hide after a failed attempt. Finally, this is the worst case for a "stabber", with not 1 right guess to skip Murmur grind.

39 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

I have no idea where you got those numbers. A stab yields 10x Murmur(~1 mission). To reveal all 3 words you need 180 Murmur in total, always.

From what I've been told, a lich backbreak does not yield ten murmurs, it yields 10% of the progress to your next unveiled mod. The first/second/third mod require 35/60/85 murmurs, so a stab only yields 3/6/8 murmurs. OP didn't save himself 60 murmurs, he saved himself approximately 34 murmurs