Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please reconsider adding the "get rid of my Lich" option

dstrawberrygirl

38 minutes ago, cmacq said:

When DE first suggested this they talked about it being available once a week. I just love how all of those arguing against it are saying "but ephemera farming" conveniently forgetting the once a week part. How profitable is your farming if you can only get rid of a lich once a week?

That's a common thread among the naysayers. They have to argue against a ridiculous caricature of a suggestion because that's the only way they can have a leg to stand on.

• Like 1

Being conditioned to stab thralls over and over on the murmur farm is the cause of this. I accidentally stabbed 3 larvlings myself because the process of getting the weapon you want can turn into a mindless slog. I have all of the weapons and the main ephemeras that I wanted so I don't have to hunt liches again for a while.

If people are so concerned about farming silly ephemeras with a 20% drop rate then make it so that you confirm if you want the lich upon reaching your orbiter, if you say "Yes" then you can see their weapon stats and if they have an ephemera. If you say "No" then you will never know what weapon stats they had or if they had an ephemera but the lich will be gone. It's that simple.

Edited by (PS4)Double991

hace 8 horas, Chewarette dijo:

1.- "Get rid of my Lich" is an instant pass for free Ephemeras without the grind, I don't see any justification for DE to implement that. They'd rather just debug the larvling to show the weapon 100% of the times and that's it.

2.- Plus, that's 200% on you for hitting X after downing the larvling.

1.- And I don't see any justification for DE making grind that takes your sanity away...

2.- You are right on that one...

My suggestion is: have the requiem relics drop a Kuva Lich Reroller instead of an adapter. People have to put in a little more effort to get rid of their liches, but it's still doable. 

Also when was the last time you saw someone pick up that adapter? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dstrawberrygirl said:

Sadly it's a Chakuur at 57% already - I even have a riven for it

Boy, that's a potential for platinum there if you convert the lich

9 hours ago, dstrawberrygirl said:

Doesn't help that the only missions I do these days are Lich missions so all the enemies are scaled to oblivion and no weapons seem to give me a feeling of power any more.

It's the zone where you change your play style to be more active, combining gunplay and abilities

9 hours ago, dstrawberrygirl said:

But that aside, yes I guess it's my fault that I was stealth killing things and stealth killed the larvling without taking due note that it was, in fact, a larvling, and didn't see the popup about a weapon because it was next to a wall perhaps?

Honestly, I'm questioning why would you use your parazon unless it's killed from stealth attack and it was an automatic parazon attack, then you can report it as a fix but if the larvling is merely downed and you do it again, it's on you now

7 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

Yeah, but sooner or later you're going to zone out or not pay attention or become distracted and hit the button accidentally. And then you're going to remember back to this thread and realize just how wrong you were. There's a good reason confirmation dialogs and undo actions exist in all software going back decades. People make mistakes, and it's very short-sighted of you to assume you're an exception to that.

And I don't see you or anyone else complaining about all the other confirmations the game requires of you, like when upgrading a mod for 30 endo or starting construction in the foundry, even though these are completely inconsequential if you happen to do them accidentally. So really all this insistence that larvling stabbing must remain confirmation-free is nothing but completely hypocritical white knightism.

1 second hold to confirm, if this accident still happen then I don't know what to say when almost all actions only require a press/tap

6 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

Who said anything about all stages? Such a system could easily be restricted to only liches you haven't gained any murmurs for, or perhaps until you unveil the first requiem.

Which completely misses the mark for players that are struggling to take down a lich that leveled too high for them. A once a week lich reset should be the standard. That way it still takes 5 weeks on average to collect an ephemera, and players can use it to reset incorrect paragzon finishers (let's be honest, they probably won't stop playing that week and will do it again and be right back here complaining about something else).

10 hours ago, Chewarette said:

"Get rid of my Lich" is an instant pass for free Ephemeras without the grind, I don't see any justification for DE to implement that. They'd rather just debug the larvling to show the weapon 100% of the times and that's it.

You don't implement a whole system just to avoid a visual bug that should simply be (and which will be) corrected, come on.

Plus, that's 200% on you for hitting X after downing the larvling.

I like how restarting a mission a million times is a "free pass" to ephemeras, or really, anything, and yet, spending a small amount of plat to bypass that process entirely somehow is okay. This is before taking into account it would be limited anyways, meaning, getting them through plat, as usual, will be the better way to not waste your time. There's zero reason to grind ephemeras yourself unless you want multiple 60% weapons.

12 hours ago, 844448 said:

1 second hold to confirm, if this accident still happen then I don't know what to say when almost all actions only require a press/tap

I feel 1 second is too short. I tend to just hold down the interaction button down as I slide into range, at which point the finisher activates (which seems to have become less responsive/more laggy lately, am I the only one to notice?). I don't think a 1s delay would be enough to prevent accidental activations.

23 hours ago, dstrawberrygirl said:

Parazon parazon parazon... I've done nothing but parazon thralls for days. I just parazoned a larvling that definitely did not show me a popup about a weapon, and now I'm stuck with hours of dull grind for a weapon I already have. I honestly hate this system so very much, I'm never doing these things again once I get the weapons (if you'll ever stop putting more and more of them behind massive grind walls), please just let me opt-out of a specific Lich! I realize all the devs are likely very busy and it would take time to implement and you're probably all busy with other things... but please don't drop this idea. I don't see how it's any different as a concept to opt-in larvlings. If they actually do show weapons over their heads, that is.

I'm 3500 hours invested over many years, but this past year has lead to so much dull grind I'm losing all the love I used to have for the game.

Once you down the larva, you have to wait a sec for the pop-up.

15 hours ago, Nviaa said:

My suggestion is: have the requiem relics drop a Kuva Lich Reroller instead of an adapter. People have to put in a little more effort to get rid of their liches, but it's still doable. 

If they ever add the possibility to "reroll" or "cancel" a Lich, I think that'd be with a copy of EACH Requiem Mod at full capacity, at least. If not 2 of each. Cannot cancel a lich that freely, especially when it's an Opt-In feature you can chose to not get at all in the first place.

1 hour ago, Jarriaga said:

I don't think the "skip a Lich" option will be added to the game unless it has a cooldown of like 7 days. 

That would absolutely be fine with me. That's basically the thing Rebecca hinted at a few devstreams ago, and it's perfectly reasonable. 

• Like 1

i got tired with this kuva thing, too grindy for getting keys, too grindy for getting murmurs

for each kuva you have to do on average 4hrs of murmurs to unlock the sequence and that is if you have the mods already, otherwise more grind to get the mods

since kuva, i am semi quitting only logon every few weeks to check baro inventory

everyone is his own, i choose out