Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add umbra forma to conclave rewards.

Chicken-Biryani

11 minutes ago, --C--Nehra said:

Title ^ (would give people a reason to play conclave).

No.  Having the only reliable way of getting more than 1 Umbra Forma every few months being locked behind PvP would be BS.  The only reason people should want to play PvP in a PvE game is because they want to play the PvP - not in order to farm resources for PvE but because they find the PvP itself fun.

• Like 5

Just now, --C--Nehra said:

They can't control such people. Would be a shame to deprive everyone else just because some niche folks want to exploit it this way. 

"some niche" more like anyone who want an umbra forma would do that because 90% of the players dont care about conclave and wont bother to actually play it properly and slowly gain rep to get it

• Like 2

Just now, Scandroid said:

"some niche" more like anyone who want an umbra forma would do that because 90% of the players dont care about conclave and wont bother to actually play it properly and slowly gain rep to get it

That's why I said..."would give reason to play". I am sure they can think of some anti-exploit mechanic easily. 

8 minutes ago, --C--Nehra said:

I don't wanna play railjack either. Currently it's locked behind that content (in terms of obtainable sources other than from nightwave).

You can't say that you can reliably get Umbra Forma from Railjack. Wasn't it something like 2% for a container to spawn, and .5% to get a Umbra Forma from it? That's lottery, nothing else.

Btw: I'm all for your idea of putting Umbra Forma as a conclave reward. But before that, DE should fix conclave. When it's a proper PvP game mode, then we are talking. Not before that.

• Like 2

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

You can't say that you can reliably get Umbra Forma from Railjack. Wasn't it something like 2% for a container to spawn, and .5% to get a Umbra Forma from it? That's lottery, nothing else.

Btw: I'm all for your idea of putting Umbra Forma as a conclave reward. But before that, DE should fix conclave. When it's a proper PvP game mode, then we are talking. Not before that.

Yes. That's why I have posted it here in feedback. I just have an idea, and not the finsihed product. Agree with you on conclave changes side of things.

• Like 1

Nope by me. Huge nope. Having such a high tier PvE reward locked behind a decrepit PvP mode in a PvE oriented game is a plain bad decision. In an ideal scenario players have fun and good rewards.

This would be just another lame repeat of DE's lazyness if they did it - the old "let's slap this new reward on this new mode to force players to play it" - and seriously, its been tried time and time again. The answer is always the same - players only get upset and burned out, and either flame social media or leave the game. 

We also don't use PvE earned medallions in conclave, !et rewards from PvE out of it as well. Don't mix them.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

53 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

No.  Having the only reliable way of getting more than 1 Umbra Forma every few months

so like how the normal Forma in Conclave totally impacts the acquisition of Forma from anywhere else in the game.
oh, wait.
JPp2Cry.png

and so why would you expect something other than like that, for a new Reward.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 2

People use Umbra forma on K-drives and Kavats, they sadly aren't that big of a deal since most of the time you can mod around it and still get a pretty decent build. The only way they'd have more value is if Primaries and secondaries got sacrificial mods as they have more limited capacity (with the exception of Kuva weapons)

However on the other end of the spectrum, PvP's drive and merits should be contained within its systems. The last time we had a legit PvP focused event for PvE rewards didn't seem to meld well with the community overall.

This just doesn't feel proper for PvP incentive, equally I'd say adding Umbra forma to Railjack was....a joke more or less. It's not only super rare in the drop table, but adding it there anyway seems to have kind of invalidated the weight of Umbra Forma as a whole which feels like it should have more narrative and gameplay impact.

Right now, all conclave rewards are useful for conclave.
Umbra forma are 100% useless on conclave right know since there is no Umbra conclave mod.

Edit : What I said is not totally true since weekly challenge reward you with PvE stances, but I think that's the only exception.

Edited by lukinu_u

22 minutes ago, Vespilan said:

It wouldn't people give a reason to play conclave, it would give them a reason to hate Warframe even more given the dumpsterfire that conclave is. Grind is one thing, insufferable grind is another. 

How is that insufferable grind? If only, it's another option. 

1. Get forma from NW. 

2. Don't like doing NW, try ur luck on railjack. 

3. Bored of first two options, try doing conclave for it. 

It's diversity of reward, in my eyes. 

It doesn't make any sense, if you get an Umbra Forma, which can't even be used for PvP builds.

Or did I miss the new PvP mods with Umbra polarity?

vor einer Stunde schrieb Xaero:

More like "would force people to play badly designed gamemode for no good reason".

I like conclave. But that's sadly true.

First fix conclave. Next give us "endgame". And last but not least give us a place which is dangerous enough to get Umbra Formas. (Maybe Fixed Conclave?^^)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, --C--Nehra said:

They can't control such people. Would be a shame to deprive everyone else just because some niche folks want to exploit it this way. 

Except that it wouldn't be "some niche folks"

I mean were you here when they had some conclave events for stupid ship decoration items?  Playerbase threw a fit, and not just the people who didn't like conclave.
Conclave people hated it because conclave was flooded with people boosting and farming points while hating every second of it.  This wasn't fun for the people boosting, wasn't fun for the people who actually wanted to play conclave because they would get harassed for actually playing the mod instead of boosting and the majority of lobbies was devoted purely to boosting.
It was a huge mess.

And that would happen with this idea.

So please tell me: Why would you want to ruin your own experience in conclave with a bunch of people that don't want to be there and so are boosting and doing the absolute bare minimum and ruining everyone elses time because of it?

I mean, wouldn't you want people to play conclave because its a good game mode and they actually want to play it instead of playing the absolute bare minimum and forming boosting lobbies to get farming done?  One seems like it would lead to decent matches, the other seems like it would just cause problems between the people that want to play conclave and the people there just to farm because they don't really have other options.
One might actually be fun, the other would just turn into the prior conclave events where the general sentiment of "I hate conclave but have to be here because...and I'm going to make it miserable for everyone else as well"

Edited by Tsukinoki
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

the other would just turn into the prior conclave events where the general sentiment of "I hate conclave but have to be here because...and I'm going to make it miserable for everyone else as well"

So, from the fear of some antisocial behaviour, should everyone else be deprived of another way to get that elusive reward? I don't know. (I know it's not gonna be smooth sailing, but it's just an idea and therefore everything is open to change and improvements.)

• Like 1

I know Conclave is circling in on itself on trying to get more players while never wanting to actually appeal to the larger player base...but trying to entice min max PVE players into your game mode will only lead to coordinated farms, harassment, and exploits that will have you screaming for DE to take it out after a month of them pillaging conclave...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey
  • Like 1