The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Players: How Did You Overcome the Grendel Defence Mission?

ILucjusz

Grendel is really super strong, but people don't like him for visual reasons. When you can clear a whole room of level X (strongest CC) and one shot them on the way out with only the first spell, you know he is god-stronk.

To do the Grendel's mission, you have to know that Arcane, Warframe Augments, and Syndicate effect are still working there. Using for example a Simulor Synoid is a great start to ensure magnetic procc, big aoe, self energy regen, and such, which is more than welcome in this game mode.

Edited by dwqrf

• 9 months later...
On 2020-06-22 at 8:14 PM, dwqrf said:

Grendel is really super strong, but people don't like him for visual reasons. When you can clear a whole room of level X (strongest CC) and one shot them on the way out with only the first spell, you know he is god-stronk.

He is ?

Don't get me Wrong... He can Swallow A Nox Whole in the Blink of an Eye.... Rendering him a non issue... But... Is he really Strong ?  Not convinced 🤔

3 hours ago, Dangermouse007 said:

Went back to trying this after long period of trying and still hate the idea of these no mods missions, esp the defense (last one), oh well bb grendal.

I wanted to give up on that mission but my Friend wouldn't let me... The only reason I have Grendel is because he dragged me Kicking and Screaming through the Whole thing....

3 hours ago, Dangermouse007 said:

Went back to trying this after long period of trying and still hate the idea of these no mods missions, esp the defense (last one), oh well bb grendal.

9 months later...

Maybe Xaku will do better since his grasp uses enemy level.

Le 27/03/2021 à 20:18, Lutesque a dit :

Don't get me Wrong... He can Swallow A Nox Whole in the Blink of an Eye.... Rendering him a non issue... But... Is he really Strong ?  Not convinced 🤔

Grendel 1's damage depends on enemy level AND number of ennemies eaten. So, yeah, that can be A LOT. Especially since when you swallow ennemies, they respawn instantly somewhere esle, even if they are still alive in your belly. So...

• Like 2

I did it solo with Octavia and a hammer with a lot of ground slams. Have given some thought to it since then, since need another Grendel for Helminth, but will probably end up doing that in a group. Could/should be easier now, since we have more tools at our disposal. Lavos could be a good strategy, and Hildryn with Elemental Ward. Plus Deimos Pets. 

I'd still try recommend doing as a group. If you are on PSN, and struggling to do it solo, and connections/timezones permit it, am willing to try help out too! Just message me etc.

• Like 1

Le 27/03/2021 à 20:18, Lutesque a dit :

He is ?

I wanted to give up on that mission but my Friend wouldn't let me... The only reason I have Grendel is because he dragged me Kicking and Screaming through the Whole thing....

I swapped his 3rd for Khora ensare and built with with HP / armor and range (augur).

His 1st scales. A lot, and with 100% it's enough to kill Corpus in one vomit at lvl 200 if you swallowed a dozen.

One trick is to vomit quickly, the other trick is that khora ensare is a 1 hand ability that can be cast while moving and you can still swallow the mobs that have been aggroed.

Ensare, swallow, nourish (energy), vomit.

• Like 1

The easiest possible way of doing this mission is with Hildryn, and using the Helminth System to replace her number 4 ability with Chroma's Elemental Ward. Then, set your energy color to blue so you get the Lightning Ward buff.

Lightning Ward hits enemies with a hard electric shock when you take damage. Casting Pillage, thereby depleting your own shields, counts as taking damage for the sake of Elemental Ward, which will proc a lightning zap and fry the hell out of whatever enemy stands close to you. It's deals more than enough damage to take out practically any enemy in this mission (Bursas will require five or six zaps).

Since Augment mods work for this mission, you should obviously run Blazing Pillage and the one that lets your number 1 ability pop Nullifier bubbles. Then just make sure your number 3 and 4 are always active, and spam 2 until the mission is completed. All three missions can be completed with your eyes closed, basically.

What weapon you use is basically irrelevant, since you won't be killing enemies with your weapons.

• Like 1

On 2020-03-03 at 11:59 AM, NyronGTR said:

Here's how i've done it: went into fissure missions, farmed a bunch of prime parts, sold them and outright bought grendel off the market. Saved a bunch of resources, yeetus essence, nerves and time.

This is the way.

• Like 3

Never ended up even looking at the defense mission.  I did attempt 3 or 5 solo runs with Hyldrin in the survival mission but every single time I'd run into the same problem, DE refuses to fix the lack of spawns for life support.  2 of those runs I would get within less then a minute but the mission failed due to no life support.  In fact I specifically remember one of those runs..I had about 10 seconds left in the mission but no life support spawned.

After that I said screw it and never looked at those nods again.  DE really screwed up with that release and it's a shame no one really calls them out on it.

Edited by Hawk1911
  • Like 2