Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwings shouldnt of been changed.

Hi, Tomlin here. 

some of you might know me some of you might not but anyways i'd like to address this issue archwings shouldnt of been changed the way they fly or anything they were great before the railjack release, I have nothing on they all can 'skip' replacing Itzel with zipline but the way they fly is just horrible now, really got fed up trying to adjust to it like most updates because it's impossible on the way those fly now, can't melee on archwings missions, can't hit lures well in flight wasting eidolon hunting times also they feel draggy even with hyperion thrusters.

If you support this post comment. 

• Like 5

Modular archwings should be able to have every feature people liked so far.. every flight style be a different drive...
Blink cooldown mod, and/or a mod to, "Overclock," Blink. Remove restrictions on blink cooldown at the cost of 4% archwing health per cast. Could make it stack against max health, or scale per use before cooldown completes. Maybe start to catch on fire or something from doing it too much. ...essentially, remove the governer from it, even though you may blow yourself up.

Some tweaks to that tether ability would be nice.. to be able to Sling to areas like spiderman, rather than be stuck going that way.. (and more range, please)

Edited by kapn655321

• They control much better now IMO
  • Not being able to melee is a bug
  • I don't see why Blinking to a lure would be harder. Care to explain?
  • Compared to before my Amesha is much faster than before. Auto boosters, Hyperion Thrusters, rank 8 pilot intrinsic, Amalgam Serration, Universal Blink w/ rank 8 tech intrinsic... It's not old Itzal, but for Amesha it's definitely not "draggy" if you're fine with Universal Blink.
  • Like 20

Yea they definitely took whatever "realistic" feeling was there before and changed it. It feels like what someone would do to make it usable by kids "See here, timmy, all you have to do now is press forward, backward, and side to side! And you'll immediately stop as soon as you let go of the button because Inertia isn't real!"

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Yea they definitely took whatever "realistic" feeling was there before and changed it. It feels like what someone would do to make it usable by kids "See here, timmy, all you have to do now is press forward, backward, and side to side! And you'll immediately stop as soon as you let go of the button because Inertia isn't real!"

We are considered demons by a race of people who could terraform planets. Demons from another plane of existence that is poison to all others. We cannot die by normal means, and we are so incredibly deadly. Realism when we have basically space magic that defies physics is kinda pointless. I mean, a Warframe is just a conduit for our power. An Archwing is just an extension of it. Inertia doesn't matter when you have Void magic.

As for Archwing, at this point it only exists as a taxi service. And it still effectively does that job. I always liked Archwing, but it is on life support now. It used to be our tool for combating space threats. Now we have a Railjack. Honestly, Itzal needs a new 1, and Amesha in its current state needs to die, but its invulnerable so I guess they'll just have to rework it so it isn't a literally indestructible pair of angel wings attached to my butt cheeks. Also, I know this is probably and unpopular opinion, but I think Archwing should never have been added to the Plains and Vallis as an option. The K Drive and perhaps a land bike should've been our Vallis and Plains options. They were destined to become taxis when they were given to us for those places, and look, they became taxis.

• Like 15

I can only hope they toss the old archwing tile missions in a dumpster, use the railjack open spaces with archwing specific points of interest. And severally impact mobility modular parts with negative DPS/ energy/ or survivability impacts to breed specialization vs ballance.

Wish they also used some ideas from Eve online signature radius and speed dynamics. Ships being more effective within their size ranges. So AW should rarely worry about crewships and big fighters, but get hit more by AW sized machines like osprey and dargyn.

So those that want a taxi can build for it.  Otherwise it's pretty useless.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

Modular archwings should be able to have every feature people liked so far.. every flight style be a different drive...
Blink cooldown mod, and/or a mod to, "Overclock," Blink. Remove restrictions on blink cooldown at the cost of 4% archwing health per cast. Could make it stack against max health, or scale per use before cooldown completes. Maybe start to catch on fire or something from doing it too much. ...essentially, remove the governer from it, even though you may blow yourself up.

Some tweaks to that tether ability would be nice.. to be able to Sling to areas like spiderman, rather than be stuck going that way.. (and more range, please)

and yet they will still remain weak and simply the taxi service they have been for a long time now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

I'm sure that it was very realistic how you could easily turn 180 at full speed without issue, completely ignoring a thing called MOMENTUM.

Honestly, "Realistic" motion in a video game is overused by many, and used wrong by everyone that does it.

This is not "Reality" stop trying to make things realistic, you have enough of that in "Real Life".

• Like 3

Il y a 4 heures, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu a dit :

Lol, you're really complaining about lack of realism... In Warframe ??? Were you even paying attention when playing the game ? Like at all ?

• Like 6

3 hours ago, SocialFox said:

I'm sure that it was very realistic how you could easily turn 180 at full speed without issue, completely ignoring a thing called MOMENTUM.

Honestly, "Realistic" motion in a video game is overused by many, and used wrong by everyone that does it.

This is not "Reality" stop trying to make things realistic, you have enough of that in "Real Life".

Agreed, it's only realistic by our definition of physics. How does the Void fit into quantum physics as we define them? While I understand that this is a fictitious story that doesn't have to follow any laws as we understand them; why limit yourself by only what you know? Why couldn't there be inertia dampeners that work inside an atmosphere and space?

I mean the Tenno haven't aged so what if the Void controls the flow of time in some way. Wouldn't it make sense that using Void energy to store energy, such as momentum, allows us to bullet jump or to stop all movement? As the Void is not definable by our understanding of the real world, why even argue for realism? It sounds dreadfully boring.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (XB1)TomlinOnYaMom said:

Hi, Tomlin here. 

some of you might know me some of you might not but anyways i'd like to address this issue archwings shouldnt of been changed the way they fly or anything they were great before the railjack release, I have nothing on they all can 'skip' replacing Itzel with zipline but the way they fly is just horrible now, really got fed up trying to adjust to it like most updates because it's impossible on the way those fly now, can't melee on archwings missions, can't hit lures well in flight wasting eidolon hunting times also they feel draggy even with hyperion thrusters.

* Supported!

9 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

^This so very very much.

10 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

They had to change it because the inertia was Completely broken. You wouldn't coast in the direction of your last acceleration, you would always coast in the direction your gun was pointing. And if you changed where your gun was pointing, you would instantly redirect all your momentum. Instantly. Oh but if you wanted to stop moving entirely, THAT took like ten seconds. The result was no fun, and it was stupid. You couldn't do strafing or bombing runs without crashing, and dogfighting had no fluidity.

The new system is an obvious bandaid, but it also WORKS. 

Edited by TARINunit9
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

I blame all those missles DE gave the enemy for even thinking about using archwing in their open world enviornment. You can't even do bounty with archwing without being shot down.

This would be better if the enemy didn't have these missiles but instead DE adds more missile turrets to compensate. The turrets should be the actual archwing threat, not the pixel on the ground that is an npc.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, (XB1)TomlinOnYaMom said:

Hi, Tomlin here. 

Sorry but the old flight system was crap. Having to hold A button to go up and RB or LB to go down was flat out STUPID. It is much better now that to fly in those directions you simply have to look in those directions and VOILA! like magic you are flying up or down.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

Rush and Pursuit are easier to do now thanks to the changes. And archwing as a taxi service?? I blame all those missles DE gave the enemy for even thinking about using archwing in their open world enviornment. You can't even do bounty with archwing without being shot down.

Blink when you see the missile alert.

10 hours ago, CaptainMinty said:

Also, I know this is probably and unpopular opinion, but I think Archwing should never have been added to the Plains and Vallis as an option. The K Drive and perhaps a land bike should've been our Vallis and Plains options. They were destined to become taxis when they were given to us for those places, and look, they became taxis

Agree completely. Unfortunately archwing on Poe existed before k drives. IMHO they would have removed archwing from PoE and vallis with the intro of k drive. Then we wouldn't have had to see all the posts on "make k drives as fast as archwings"

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

But then what happens if you've still got another missile alrady on you? Down you go.

Didn't know they teleported to you. I always thought they had to travel the distance where you teleported to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Didn't know they teleported to you. I always thought they had to travel the distance where you teleported to.

You do realize that most of the time you're shot down in the non-boosted travel of archwing, so you don't actually blink very far anyway and sometimes you might avoid 1 missile but you don't actually know how many were being fired at you or where they were fired from or who fired them.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

You do realize that most of the time you're shot down in the non-boosted travel of archwing, so you don't actually blink very far anyway and sometimes you might avoid 1 missile but you don't actually know how many were being fired at you or where they were fired from or who fired them.

Dude. I've been there. I was standing still many times in the air, saw the alert and blinked. When the alert didn't go away I pull backwards to look around and Blink again when the recharge ends.

You are making a situation where you just do not move you Blink and stand there unmoving. It's a situation where I can't help but think you are setting yourself up for failure deliberately to prove a point.

• Like 1

The new system is miles better. Just as unrealistic as the other but atleast you can imagine that we can control the AWs with the void powers we have just like we can control the frames in unrealistic ways.

Please do explain the realism behind double jumps and other things while complaining about the unrealistic parts of the new AW system. Zero things centered around WF momvement is bound in reality, except for possibly running.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Dude. I've been there. I was standing still many times in the air, saw the alert and blinked. When the alert didn't go away I pull backwards to look around and Blink again when the recharge ends.

You are making a situation where you just do not move you Blink and stand there unmoving. It's a situation where I can't help but think you are setting yourself up for failure deliberately to prove a point.

That's the thing though, doing 'Liberate the Enemy Camp" in archwing is hell because of having to move around. Blink isn't always the solution because there's more than one unit shooting the missiles. Not to mention those bastards have very long range. Worst yet is doing Profit Take fight as archwing. 

13 hours ago, (XB1)TomlinOnYaMom said:

shouldnt of

Dude, please, this is an international forum. Grammar errors are always present but if you use them on purpose, like this slang abomination, you're misleading non-native english readers and reducing your audience. As a non-native i admit, i make my errors, but this....my eyes are bleeding every time that i see this improper form written. Please.

Edited by DebrisFlow