Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

heavy melee attack bad

supernils

Idk I've never gotten a heavy attack build to seem attractive to me, not even when I had additional incentive like a Riven or Zenistar.

Heavy attacks seem bad, even with the Killing Blow mod in the time I do the attack I could land like 5 normal attacks AND keep my combo points. I mean yeah I could use combo efficiency mods (or Zenurik's Inner might even) but even then. Heavy attack locks you in place, breaking the fast paced flow of Warframe combat, then the frame moves forward as it strikes making it possible to even miss the target.

When is a target even heavy attack worthy? Most of the mobs fall like flies. Why should I sacrifice mods slots for <10% of mobs?

I'm sorry but the whole concept just seems like garbage to me. 😞

• Like 6

i made a heavy attack build with pennant and its really fun and interesting. so to me its a really awesome concept

i could share it if you would want

also sliding while using heavy attack lets you keep momentum so you dont stand still

• Like 7

I found Liches to be good targets for heavy attacks, that´s it.

Sure, you can use dedicated builds for heavy attacks and make the a bit less clumsy, but why bother?

Regular attacks with acolyte mods are way easier to get good results with.

• Like 1

Some weapons have heavy attacks that are quicker than normal combos from other weapons, although, the issue is that if you're doing anything that doesn't die in one hit, using any weapon that isn't forcing slash on heavy attack is going to be pretty bad, as the slash procs quickly finish anything that didn't die to the initial hit.

I personally really only find heavy attacks useful if there were more content around single targets that could actually be hit by melee weapons reliably, rather than requiring guns, or for content like Railjack where boarders are all grouped up and you can just use a heavy attack to kill them before they scatter, as you can't use bloodrush/weeping at Railjack content unless you're boarding and use Naramon in order to maintain x10-x12.

I don't use heavy attacks regardless though, as there's only 1, or 2, animations per weapon making it pretty dull, and heavy attack builds don't allow you to do anything else with the weapon at later levels. I prefer just mixing combos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supernils said:

Idk I've never gotten a heavy attack build to seem attractive to me, not even when I had additional incentive like a Riven or Zenistar.

Heavy attacks seem bad, even with the Killing Blow mod in the time I do the attack I could land like 5 normal attacks AND keep my combo points. I mean yeah I could use combo efficiency mods (or Zenurik's Inner might even) but even then. Heavy attack locks you in place, breaking the fast paced flow of Warframe combat, then the frame moves forward as it strikes making it possible to even miss the target.

When is a target even heavy attack worthy? Most of the mobs fall like flies. Why should I sacrifice mods slots for <10% of mobs?

I'm sorry but the whole concept just seems like garbage to me. 😞

Heavy attacks are good on weapons with slash procs on their heavy attack.  Try a scythe with combo efficiency.  you can spam x12 heavy attacks that guranteed slash proc. slash procs can go above 100k on some weapons.

• Like 3

I tried the heavy spam builds for a bit. Did a lot of damage and all but ugh, it's just spin2win 2.0 and I don't like gimmicky builds like that, they're not as fun as doing melee combos. But you can still do them when you want to with any old crit build for a heavy nuke, I mainly dump my combo counter on heavy slam attacks/atomic missiles as gap closers... The mobility on slams is too good and makes the gap closer melee combo almost pointless. ;s

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

I tried the heavy spam builds for a bit. Did a lot of damage and all but ugh, it's just spin2win 2.0 and I don't like gimmicky builds like that, they're not as fun as doing melee combos. But you can still do them when you want to with any old crit build for a heavy nuke, I mainly dump my combo counter on heavy slam attacks/atomic missiles as gap closers... The mobility on slams is too good and makes the gap closer melee combo almost pointless. ;s

I use heavy attacks to trigger Life Strike and Exodia Brave (heals and energy). I find heavy attack melee to be best on caster frames. 

• Like 2

at least we can now control heavy attacks, not just get paralyzed for a few seconds randomly every few minutes.   Shame they could not go back to the old code there, where holding melee could reliably trigger a charged attack, but to much effort for that it appears.

on my weapons they are still way to slow to actually use though.

Edited by Kyronz
  • Like 1

Heavy attack builds can be very strong, but not every weapon is designed for it. I use one on Destreza Prime and Pennant, and a hybrid heavy/normal build on Silva and Aegis Prime and Paracesis.

Keep in mind, normal attacks no longer benefit from the combo counter, only heavy attacks do. Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds do of course, but not every weapon needs them either. On many weapons, Sacrificial Steel is a better option and BR becomes redundant and less effective than another mod. Getting rid of BR means you no longer have to care about combo duration, and suddenly you’ve got two free weapon slots.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Oggyswe said:

i made a heavy attack build with pennant and its really fun and interesting. so to me its a really awesome concept

i could share it if you would want

also sliding while using heavy attack lets you keep momentum so you dont stand still

I'm afraid pennant doesn't count.

Why ? Because two handed katanas are the only melee with a very wide animation on heavy attack that this multiple enemies AND has 100% slash status which absolutely destroys anything it touches on heavy melee , the other melee weapon heavy attack cannot compare at all.

Edited by (PS4)krizalid9999

15 minutes ago, (PS4)krizalid9999 said:

I'm afraid pennant doesn't count.

Why ? Because two handed katanas are the only melee with a very wide animation on heavy attack that this multiple enemies AND has 100% slash status which absolutely destroys anything it touches on heavy melee , the other melee weapon heavy attack cannot compare at all.

well hirudos and gunsens heavy attacks are quiet good aswell and i havent even made heavy attack dedicated  builds for them

• Like 1