Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation Scarlet Spear: Bug Reporting Megathread (Read First Post!)

SilverBones

On 2020-03-29 at 7:35 PM, kyori said:
  • TYPE: Operator Arcane Magus Lockdown
  • DESCRIPTION: Not sure how but it doesn't work in between Murex ships. Eg, working in Murex 1 but after that go into Murex 2 and it didn't work. It sometimes also happened in between Condrixs. 
  • VISUAL: None
  • REPRODUCTION: Unknown
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Magus Lockdown should tether enemies
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Could it be a used it too much? From what I know there is no cooldown unless a cooldown is placed unintentionally. But that is impossible too because once it stopped working, it won't work for a long time.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Unknown
  • TYPE: Operator Arcanes Magus Lockdown and Magus Elevate
  • DESCRIPTION: Murex missions, Magus Lockdown AND Magus Elevate completely stop functioning for the rest of the mission after 1st or 2nd Murex driven away. 
  • VISUAL: None
  • REPRODUCTION: Unknown
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Magus Lockdown should tether enemies, Magus Elevate should proc a heal 90% of the time. 
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Magus Lockdown AND Magus Elevate completely stop working as if they have never been equipped. Encounters indicate this is a functional bug, not a visual bug. This persists until user returns to Flotilla to start a new mission instance.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Reproduced 50% of Murex Missions, done solo. Have not encountered this yet with a group nor prior to patch 27.3.8.2.

• TYPE: Not getting rewards or mission credit
  • DESCRIPTION: When putting down oplink no oplink ui is displayed and have no way to tell what the mission progress is on mission completion no rewards or event progress are awarded.
  • REPRODUCTION: Seems to be random but if it happens once in the mission it is permanent
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Getting the oplink progress ui and rewards for doing the mission/event
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Getting no oplink ui and no rewards for mission/event progress. Just a massive wast of time on players end
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Has happened multiple times during event. 

• TYPE: Scarlet Spear Event
  • DESCRIPTION: We were in Scarlet Spear 49. Around 2:10 AM EST 4/4/20. The flotilla had reached 41/100 then all progressed stopped. Literally, there were 0 kill codes being transmitted from ground crews for 10-15 minutes. The flotilla chat was only space crews talking between themselves about the slow ground crews. When our squad left our mission, the flotilla appeared to be reset. We were back to 0/100 but it was active again. There were 4 ground crews and kill codes were being sent.
    • You can see this in the picture below. The kill code receivers ranking shows significant progress was made in this flotilla, but the overall stats claim we're at 1/100. It doesn't match.
  • VISUAL: osT2QJn.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: No idea. This happened to a clanmate so it isn't a one-time bug. He actually predicted that when we'd return to the flotilla that we'd be back at 0/100, and he was right.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: The event should have proceeded as normal. Ground crew send kill codes. Space crew uses them.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: All progress halted in Scarlet Spear 49, then was reset to 0/100.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: I've only seen it once.

Edited by CitizenV

• TYPE: In-Game Rewards and Matchmaking
  • DESCRIPTION: I finished a 17-condrix run of the ground. It took 40 minutes. We started in an 80/100 murex flotilla. When the mission ended, I was placed into a different flotilla with only 4/100 murex and I received about a third of the points it said I would - the mission said 4131, and I received around 1300. Consequently, I did not receive the correct medal either - it gave me one for 1300 points rather than 4131.
  • VISUAL: I did not take a screenshot.
  • REPRODUCTION: Unknown.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Return to the flotilla I left from and receive the points I was supposed to receive.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: I returned to a different flotilla with less progress and got around a third of the points I was supposed to get.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Unknown.

This is the worst event I have ever played in Warframe or any other game. It has been weeks now, a number of hotfixes, and every time I have tried the event there has been a bug with the rewards.

>Start one murex raid
>Have all your oplinks destroyed/satelite destroyed
>Return to Flotilla
Congrats, now all your party members are in a different Flotilla and you can't start another mission because "Everyone must be on the Flotilla in order to start the mission"
I swear to god DE...

Type: Railjack

Description: Sentients are occasionally on railjack at start of mission.

Visual: I didn't take a screenshot

Reproduction: I had it happen for 2 flights I was hosting

Expected result: Not have boarders until they actually board

Observed Result: Had 2 sentients on my railjack while it was travelling through the void to the first murex. I got sloppy and got killed before the mission began.

Reproduction rate: unknown

Description: still have black tears when shooting side guns

Visual:

ThMPqGN.jpg

VxiG4c3.jpg

Reproduction: Happen randomly

Expected Result: With gunnery 7, expect clear 360 degree view

Observed Result: Enemies fly into areas where I can see their hitboxes, but nothing else

Description: Occasionally disembarking off map. When this happens, no one on the team can exit to normal space, and the railjack appears to be on another map as well. In this case, we were near Fortuna.

lbtCeiE.jpg

Edited by Swamarian
Found out pilot guns aren't active whil towing satellite, subbed boarders before start of mission.

TYPE: Scarlet spear Flotilla completed, no credit rewards in mail

DESCRIPTION: [In Flotilla, had completed 1 x full ground and 2 x full space missions, returned to flotilla at 98/100 andwas there when it hit 100/100, its then reset to 0/100 with approx 80 mins left to reset]

REPRODUCTION: [Spend over an hour working for rewards and see if you gt them? seems like a common enough bug on this thread]

EXPECTED RESULT: [I should of received scarlet credits in the mail with emblems]

OBSERVED RESULT: [I received a message saying "wave expired" we did not repel the wave and received some emblems but no credits (the wave was completed to 100/100) ]

REPRODUCTION RATE: [Not trying that again if it doesnt work sorry]

• TYPE: [ In-Game]
  • DESCRIPTION: [Did 2 x17  mission with same squad we didn't show up on leader board , nor did we get points for flotilla bonus, confirmed that host did . other member's of squad did not. host name was "--DSP--CephalonSamara". this also happen in a 17x mission before the current flotilla but didnt think much of it as that flotilla ended before 100  ]
  • VISUAL: [unsure what to attach here as for some reason u cant view prev mission results from flotilla]
  • REPRODUCTION: [no idea]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [leader board tracking and bonus]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [none ]
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [3 missions same result]

19 hours ago, Currilicious said:
  • TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION:
  1. Space mission not receiving kill codes. In the Flotilla feed you can see lots of sending but only one received here and there. You basically have your Oplinks just sitting there waiting for minutes on end and nothing.
  2. Ground mission code sending and ground score "queued". I'm finished with missions with accumulated score of 5k+ but in the Flotilla scoring boards, my score is 2k+. It goes up over time. Slowly, while I'm in the Flotilla. And, the Flotilla feed says I'm still sending codes despite me sitting at the outpost. My squadmates have their score updated fine, on their screen.
  1. Just start a space mission.
  2. No idea why it only happens to some people and not others.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Codes actually received for space and score is actually updated properly for ground.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Codes send but not received in space and score is not updated for ground at the point of mission success.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: As of today both happened 100% of the time. Space x2; Ground x2.

• UPDATE: Just got a message someone deployed an oplink reinforcement to my location while I'm sitting in the Flotilla...

Pretty much same as above. I play on Asia servers. Happened the last 3 space raids in a row for me and means the first murex cannot even be destroyed each game.Had to abort the mission each time to try again with a different host or as a host. 

Game-breaking bug that needs addressing.The internet connections between countries in S.E. Asia are not able to support whatever fixes you've put in place

TYPE: Scarlet spear Flotilla completed, no credit rewards in mail

DESCRIPTION: In Flotilla 5, had completed 2 x full ground , returned to flotilla at 98/100 andwas there when it hit 100/100, its then reset to 0/100 with approx 45mins left to reset

REPRODUCTION: Spend over an hour working for reward, then nothing happen i got a mail and it said the raid was fail ???  (what kind of sick joke is this)

EXPECTED RESULT:[I should of received scarlet credits 100/100 reward in the mail

OBSERVED RESULT: I received a message saying "wave expired" we did not repel the wave and received some emblems but no credits (the wave was completed to 100/100) ]

REPRODUCTION RATE: N/A

This scarlet spear always bugged out when doing Murex Raid the 2nd time and onwards. Always no kill codes or wait for more than 15 mins then come one kill code. We are not playing defence survival you know? 

Please program it so that space team will automatically have codes whenever there is a ground team exist. Stop the whatever real-time thing, it is not working.

On 2020-03-23 at 5:06 PM, [DE]Bear said:
  • DESCRIPTION: Not receiving kill codes from ground crews.
  • VISUAL: I made plenty of screen shots, but apparently your forum software isn't able to directly embed them and I can't be bothered to upload them somewhere else. Therefore, enjoy this description of the screenshots I took:
    • [Screenshot of the display on the flotilla showing 62/100 Murex driven away, 5 space and 8 ground crews]
    • [Screenshot 1 of the flotilla chat, showing 10 kill codes sent by the ground crews and only 1 being received by a space crew]
    • [Screenshot 2 of the flotilla chat, showing 11 kill codes sent by the ground crews and only 1 being received by a space crew]
    • [Screenshot of the display on the same flotilla a few minutes later, showing 0/100 Murex driven away with 11 ground and 8 space crews. Yes, the progress was suddenly reset].
  • REPRODUCTION:
    • Try to alpha test Scarlet Spear.
    • Join Murex crew.
    • Plonk down your OpLink.
    • Watch flotilla chat. See kill codes being sent out en masse by ground crews, and only 10% or so ever making it to a space crew.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Be able to make progress towards downing a Murex by receiving kill codes.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Not able to make progress towards downing a Murex because you don't receive any kill codes.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: More than half of all flotillas I've been on.

You can pay me my game testing salary by platinum if you want.

Bug #1: Crewship flying around the relay, knocking me out of bounds.

Type: In-game, AI(?), In-mission(?)

Description for Scarlet Spear relay bug:
So, I got out of a Murex "raid," that ended after two waves, unsure if this is normal or not; host left as soon as we got out of loading,
and I got kicked back out, into the relay. Then sat still for a bit, and I noticed a red square flying all over, wrote in chat 'cus it was a funny bug imho;
by the time I had finished writing, I got pushed out of the relay, from the middle of the relay, got stuck trying to respawn like 10 times,
before I actually got to respawn, as I respawned outside the relay. (Didn't catch that on the recording.) Figured I'd record it, then report the bug...
Not the most game-breaking bug, but I guess it's annoying to have to wait a bit for each fall & respawn cycle, as /unstuck doesn't work in relays.
I also noticed there's a "Catastrophic Failure Imminent" timer, stuck at one minute.

Visual #1:

(Added because something slightly different happened during this recording.)

Reproduction:
I've only ever seen this bug once, although I haven't really played that much lately;
if nothing I said in the description above helps you reproducing the bug, then I am unsure of how to reproduce the bug.

Expected result:
Not having a crewship flying around, and into the relay.
Not having a "Catastrophic Failure Imminent" timer, stuck on 1:00.

Observed result:
Crewship flying around, and into the relay, knocking me out of bounds.
Later seems to only circle around my Railjack, and bump into me, if I'm climbing the window, also occasionally shoots it's rocket barrage.

Reproductive rate:
Only ever seen this once.

Bug #2: OBS stuttering while recording.

Type: Performance

Description:
As you probably notice right away, the recording is hitching/stuttering a lot, though I noticed when I tabbed out of the game,
it fixed itself while being tabbed out. (The audio cuts whenever I tab out, so there's two indicators of when I've tabbed out in the video #1.)
This seems similar to a bug I've reported before, where the game ran in "background mode," while being the selected window.
F.Y.I.: I tried changing most of the OBS settings that would impact performance, to see if it was something I could do anything about, to avail.
Weird thing, is that the FPS counter is at a decent FPS at all times, so it seems to me, that it's an interaction between OBS & WF that's causing this problem. Also, OBS does NOT stutter as long as I'm not recording, haven't tested streaming; does not seem to be anything hardware related,
or anything to do with the performance of my PC, as I've recorded several videos before without any problems, at a higher intensity setting.
Also tried both screen capture, and game capture in OBS, no difference in the stuttering.

Visual:
See the first video. (Visual #1)

Reproduction:
I am completely unsure on how/why this has happened, and have no idea how this came to be.

Expected result:
OBS video preview not stuttering like crazy, video not stuttering like crazy.

Observed result:
OBS video preview is stuttering like crazy, and video is stuttering like crazy;
OBS continued to stutter, after leaving relay; I then restarted OBS, to see if that worked, and it's back to normal;
might have been caused by, or a side-effect of bug #1 ... or it might just have been OBS that bugged out...
Also, at the point where I restarted OBS, the preview had begun to stutter, even while not recording, which is what led me to restart it.
(It's also why I didn't try restarting it, while bug #1 was active, to see if it was OBS, or WF+OBS, as it didn't occur to me, that it might be OBS.)

Reproduction rate:
Only ever seen this once, though continued until OBS was restarted;
as it's gone after trying to restart OBS, and me leaving the relay, to do some testing:
I am now unsure if it was something with OBS, or an interaction between WF & OBS

(Sorry if this ends up being a "wild goose chase," but I'm taking the "rather safe, than sorry" approach,
considering my previous encounter, with a similar bug.)

If there's any logs or any other information you want, please let me know;
in the case of logs/other files, please specify the name, and location withing the game folder.

As no crashes occurred, there was no error message, or description.

Edited by Dr.SpaceCake
For some reason, there's the line through the letters thingie, ("Strike through") don't know why this is, tried to fix it... didn't work, don't want to rewrite most of my post... Also changed the video links, as the embeds didn't work as expected

• TYPE: Scarlet Spear Relay
  • DESCRIPTION: Relay is dead (again). Sometimes still seen transmitting kill codes, but no receivers.
  • VISUAL
    Спойлер

pF25ZNo.jpg

nH6YHby.jpg

REPRODUCTION: Unknown

• EXPECTED RESULT: Working Relay
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Not working Relay
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Unkown

• DESCRIPTION: Whole Scarlet Spear is a mess. Codes are being sent but not received. UI is either not working properly, is freezed OR IS NOT EVEN THERE cause why would it be, right? It's not like you need it to know if your oplinks are dying or codes are uploaded :V. After going back to flotilla cause what else can you do more bugs - info about catastrofic failure out of nowhere and Grineer ship roaming around flotilla because yea, why the hell not :V
  • VISUAL:
  • 80Y14xL.png8oopcO5.pngnpcegpT.png
  • REPRODUCTION: Just play your own game and your own event.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Fix the bugs. Instead you are busy nerfing the game and taking fun out of it and angering your community even more.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: We coudn't finish the mission. Apparently restarting game helps as you can see on screenshot but I don't know if we manage to hit the 100 because of this.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Very often. The UI problems ALL THE TIME. I practically never had a smooth experience with UI in the missions. It's either freezed, only partially working or there isn't even UI for the mission - just railjack health.

UPD to previous post: was written "dispatched" with yellow colour and lowercase d. Counter now 0/100, no one in chat and no messages except people leaving / entering flotilla.

Спойлер

JtLf1qs.jpg

Y4cHuTq.jpg

Edited by Muxailo

20200404132648-1.jpg

• TYPE: [In-Game]
  • DESCRIPTION: [just walking inside the Railjack trying to approach an exit]
  • VISUAL: [see attached pic]
  • REPRODUCTION: [walk nearby exit nodes in Railjack and, maybe, try to exit/enter Operator mode a few times]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [being deployed in Archwing mode]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [glitched through the RJ and become completely stuck: couldn't teleport back using Omnitool, nor do anything else than 'wait' for the mission to fail. It was fourth wave, so we lost everything -everybody glictched in one way or another]
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [there is no precise data on this particular bug, but let's estimate 1 out of 5 missions glitches in similar ways/related]

• DESCRIPTION: Flotilla matchmaking not working/data not loading properly
  • VISUAL:
  • REPRODUCTION:
    • No idea, i just tried to join close to a dozen flotillas and this happens on at least half of them.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Actually show flotilla details after loading in.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Lags behind excessively.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: ~50%

Additional observatioms seen while testing, many flotillas with glitched kill codes, chat takes a very long time to load as well dont see anything for many minutes.

Flotillas sometimes do not load at all, seems like I'm dumped in an empty instance entirely, even though it appeared on the list, and still does after leaving.

9 hours ago, CitizenV said:
  • TYPE: Scarlet Spear Event
  • DESCRIPTION: We were in Scarlet Spear 49. Around 2:10 AM EST 4/4/20. The flotilla had reached 41/100 then all progressed stopped. Literally, there were 0 kill codes being transmitted from ground crews for 10-15 minutes. The flotilla chat was only space crews talking between themselves about the slow ground crews. When our squad left our mission, the flotilla appeared to be reset. We were back to 0/100 but it was active again. There were 4 ground crews and kill codes were being sent.
    • You can see this in the picture below. The kill code receivers ranking shows significant progress was made in this flotilla, but the overall stats claim we're at 1/100. It doesn't match.
  • VISUAL: osT2QJn.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: No idea. This happened to a clanmate so it isn't a one-time bug. He actually predicted that when we'd return to the flotilla that we'd be back at 0/100, and he was right.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: The event should have proceeded as normal. Ground crew send kill codes. Space crew uses them.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: All progress halted in Scarlet Spear 49, then was reset to 0/100.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: I've only seen it once.

Same bug occurred around 11:55 EST, 4/4/20 in Scarlet Spear 6. The flotilla reached 87/100 and I noticed some people were complaining about slow kill codes. I was just looking at the store and didn't realize I was in a full flotilla.

I joined a ground squad to help out, and a few minutes in, it was reset to 0/100. Needless to say, they didn't reach 100/100...

Screenshot of chat showing the highest score before reset:

8yhkupR.jpg

Reset occurred a few minutes later:

0lleU9v.jpg

Picture of flotilla after wave ended:

xwmikNF.jpg

Edited by CitizenV

• TYPE: Ingame event
  • DESCRIPTION: [waiting for the 100 murex kill of a flottila was resetted short time befor the timer endet no victory payout]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [well after the flottila was beaten not a reset and a proper payout 2x the reached amount of credits]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [well after we hat 50+ murex on our flottilla we should have reached the 100 in the time what was left 2 hours but checking short befor the end our flottilla was back to 0/100]