Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn currently doesn't have a passive...why are you not stopping this?

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

5 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

One thing is a passive.

The rest is to make using shields as energy work.

Overshields having Toxic proc immunity, improved shield gain per rank, and energy orbs restoring shields don't need to exist for her shield costs to function. And none are tied to an ability in any way thus they are a passive on the frame itself. We've already gone over this.

• Like 9

Just now, trst said:

Overshields having Toxic proc immunity, improved shield gain per rank, and energy orbs restoring shields don't need to exist for her shield costs to function. And none are tied to an ability in any way thus they are a passive on the frame itself. We've already gone over this.

Level up bonuses are not passives.

Energy orbs restoring shields is to assist with the fact that her energy pool and shields are the same.

If it’s not explicitly labeled under the Passive tab in the abilities screen, it is not the frames passive ability.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Everyone has that now

Her invincible period doesn't work

everyone has shield gating yes, but her shield gating is better. that's her passive. From the wiki

Hildryn's Shield Gating is more advanced than other Warframes, bolstering her defenses further:

• Overshields protect Hildryn's Health pool from damage types that normally bypass shields to directly affect health, such as Toxin b Toxin damage.
  • When her Overshield pool is depleted, any excess damage from the last hit are negated, preventing damage from leaking into the Shield pool. This also occurs when her Shield pool is depleted, preventing any excess damage from leaking into her Health pool.
  • Hildryn becomes invulnerable to all damage for 3 seconds upon her shields being depleted. This effect will only reset if her shields are allowed to fully replenish.
    • When this passive protection is ready, Hildryn's shield bar appears energized by lightning.
    • This passive is shared with ally Warframes and Companions when linked via Haven130xDark Haven. Reset is dependent on the allies' own shield bar being fully replenished once protected by invulnerability.
    • Shield Wall invulnerability time is not affected by Mods.
    • This passive also works in Archwing combat.

if the invul period isn't working correctly, then report it as a bug, not as a feature that needs to be replaced. passives are not meant to be strong like abilities

Edited by Miser_able
  • Like 22

6 hours ago, XRosenkreuz said:

I mean... to this day I've never once seen anything get knocked down by Nova's supposed passive, so... Hildryn's not alone.

and as a Rhino main, I've never had a knockdown or kill using Rhino's passive Heavy Impact.

we could use a Passives 2.0 update and some point to address the passives that are basically useless. doubt we'll get that any time soon though.

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

and as a Rhino main, I've never had a knockdown or kill using Rhino's passive Heavy Impact.

we could use a Passives 2.0 update and some point to address the passives that are basically useless. doubt we'll get that any time soon though.

I votel for Chroma's passive rework, let him combine elements for Lotus sake! The so-called master of the elenements is only good for his 2 and 3 which doesn't kill enemies with elements but with weapons

9 hours ago, XRosenkreuz said:

I mean... to this day I've never once seen anything get knocked down by Nova's supposed passive, so... Hildryn's not alone.

I think the main issue with that is the enemies not the passive. Iirc, a lot of the animations enemies use when causing knockdowns (such as the heavy gunner slam or the scorpion whip) make them immune to knockdowns during it. 

How is her passive not working? It gives a 3 second instead of a 1.2 seconds shield gate along with the new 0.3 seconds on partial reg along with a gate between OS and shields (much like how corpus shields protect heatlh from 1HKs) and OS protects versus toxin damage and other damage types that directly targets health.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-04-11 at 11:31 AM, SneakyErvin said:

How is her passive not working?

Hey, Sneak.

I realize a week later it might be pretty unlikely you'll see this post.  BUT -- on the chance anyone else has a similar question in the days ahead:

Hildryn's passive is supposed to make her *invulnerable*.  And, as of this posting, it simply doesn't.  It used to -- graying out the health bar and allowing her shields to restore for a few seconds (true invulnerability) -- but now it seems to merely prevent death... exactly as it works for every other frame with the new shield gating.

To see the difference, queue up Hildryn and use the Vazarin Protective Dash ability.  If you dash through her, you'll see that she's actually invulnerable.  Not only does she not take damage / die, but her shields continue to regenerate (and her health bar is gray.)  This is more or less identical to the mechanic her shields once used, which you can see in YouTube videos posted prior to the update.

Next, instead, just allow yourself to take damage until the shield breaks.  You'll notice a couple of key differences:  1. that her health bar is still red and, 2. more importantly, that continued damage prevents her shields from regenerating.  She's not invulnerable -- her death is just delayed!  (Which really isn't the same thing.)

10 or 15 years ago, the original Guild Wars had a build called '55 Monk'.  The idea was to reduce the character's health as low as possible (55 hp) which reduced the potential damage from any source in the game below the class' passive healing threshold.  55 monks were all but unkillable.  Sometime last year a similar build was created using Hildryn's passive -- reducing her shields so low that, upon breaking, mods could completely regenerate the shield before the invulnerability expired -- essentially creating an infinite invulnerability loop.  People thought it was controversial or something... not realizing that the wasn't especially fun or interesting to play.  It was just really, really hard to kill... not unlike Inaros or Wukong or Grendel.  I can't even *remember* the last time I died using those frames -- but, for whatever reason, people got all bent about Hildryn.

Anyway, since the update to shield gating, the Hildryn passive (and associated builds) simply don't work as they used to.  Whether intentional (a nerf) or not (a bug), anyone that experimented with Hildryn or used her in high-level endless content probably noticed immediately.  (I did, tonight, but I hadn't been around in a while.)  Nobody is saying her OS or other features are useless -- only that a key element that made her truly unique has been lost or broken.

Longer post than I intended, but hopefully it helped clarify what the complaints are about.

*highfive*

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Murph_TheDestroyer said:

Hey, Sneak.

I realize a week later it might be pretty unlikely you'll see this post.  BUT -- on the chance anyone else has a similar question in the days ahead:

Hildryn's passive is supposed to make her *invulnerable*.  And, as of this posting, it simply doesn't.  It used to -- graying out the health bar and allowing her shields to restore for a few seconds (true invulnerability) -- but now it seems to merely prevent death... exactly as it works for every other frame with the new shield gating.

To see the difference, queue up Hildryn and use the Vazarin Protective Dash ability.  If you dash through her, you'll see that she's actually invulnerable.  Not only does she not take damage / die, but her shields continue to regenerate (and her health bar is gray.)  This is more or less identical to the mechanic her shields once used, which you can see in YouTube videos posted prior to the update.

Next, instead, just allow yourself to take damage until the shield breaks.  You'll notice a couple of key differences:  1. that her health bar is still red and, 2. more importantly, that continued damage prevents her shields from regenerating.  She's not invulnerable -- her death is just delayed!  (Which really isn't the same thing.)

10 or 15 years ago, the original Guild Wars had a build called '55 Monk'.  The idea was to reduce the character's health as low as possible (55 hp) which reduced the potential damage from any source in the game below the class' passive healing threshold.  55 monks were all but unkillable.  Sometime last year a similar build was created using Hildryn's passive -- reducing her shields so low that, upon breaking, mods could completely regenerate the shield before the invulnerability expired -- essentially creating an infinite invulnerability loop.  People thought it was controversial or something... not realizing that the wasn't especially fun or interesting to play.  It was just really, really hard to kill... not unlike Inaros or Wukong or Grendel.  I can't even *remember* the last time I died using those frames -- but, for whatever reason, people got all bent about Hildryn.

Anyway, since the update to shield gating, the Hildryn passive (and associated builds) simply don't work as they used to.  Whether intentional (a nerf) or not (a bug), anyone that experimented with Hildryn or used her in high-level endless content probably noticed immediately.  (I did, tonight, but I hadn't been around in a while.)  Nobody is saying her OS or other features are useless -- only that a key element that made her truly unique has been lost or broken.

Longer post than I intended, but hopefully it helped clarify what the complaints are about.

*highfive*

Yea I tried it and its broken for sure. We need to go to feedback

On 2020-04-10 at 8:18 PM, trst said:

Doesn't work, must be broken. I use Hildryn often. Take her to arbitrations. She definitely can get toxin proc'd on overshield. Blast proc'd and slash proc'd on overshield.

She is a shield based frame. Of course she would get extra shields. I could understand her with a bit less if maybe Haven added damage reduction per enemy.

Her 4th makes enemies drop energy. Not sure how many frames have abilities they don't benefit from. Gaining shields from energy just makes since based on how they made her. Plus is insignificant. Mostly just helps jump start shield regen or cast pillage when under the threshold. 

On 2020-04-10 at 10:33 PM, Miser_able said:

everyone has shield gating yes, but her shield gating is better. that's her passive. From the wiki

Hildryn's Shield Gating is more advanced than other Warframes, bolstering her defenses further:

• Overshields protect Hildryn's Health pool from damage types that normally bypass shields to directly affect health, such as Toxin b Toxin damage.
  • When her Overshield pool is depleted, any excess damage from the last hit are negated, preventing damage from leaking into the Shield pool. This also occurs when her Shield pool is depleted, preventing any excess damage from leaking into her Health pool.
  • Hildryn becomes invulnerable to all damage for 3 seconds upon her shields being depleted. This effect will only reset if her shields are allowed to fully replenish.

Yea if in game matched the wiki.

One hit protection gate between shields. Being hit 1 time is something you will barely see happen in warframe. Negligible ability. 

Maybe its a bug but Hildryn does not get the shield gate from having "any" shields like all other frames now have. Her passive is now sub par to every other frame that has any amount of shields.

I'd rather have the immediate 1.2 sec (or however long it is) shield gate every time I have any shields than the 1 time 3sec invulnerability each time my shields fully recharge.

Considering she's a newer frame that they want players to use, you'd think they would change or update her passive. They did make changes to Gauss and Grendel for better or worse. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

Doesn't work, must be broken. I use Hildryn often. Take her to arbitrations. She definitely can get toxin proc'd on overshield. Blast proc'd and slash proc'd on overshield.

She is a shield based frame. Of course she would get extra shields. I could understand her with a bit less if maybe Haven added damage reduction per enemy.

Her 4th makes enemies drop energy. Not sure how many frames have abilities they don't benefit from. Gaining shields from energy just makes since based on how they made her. Plus is insignificant. Mostly just helps jump start shield regen or cast pillage when under the threshold. 

And? They're all effects that are unique to Hildryn and are not tied to her abilities as they all work regardless of their ranks. Thus they're passively active. If that doesn't make them passives then I can't fathom what people consider them.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

Yea if in game matched the wiki.

One hit protection gate between shields. Being hit 1 time is something you will barely see happen in warframe. Negligible ability. 

Maybe its a bug but Hildryn does not get the shield gate from having "any" shields like all other frames now have. Her passive is now sub par to every other frame that has any amount of shields.

I'd rather have the immediate 1.2 sec (or however long it is) shield gate every time I have any shields than the 1 time 3sec invulnerability each time my shields fully recharge.

Considering she's a newer frame that they want players to use, you'd think they would change or update her passive. They did make changes to Gauss and Grendel for better or worse. 

And being one-hit isn't required for shield gating only having your shields hit zero triggers it. Also shield gating is weaker if your shields haven't been recharged passively or have remained unbroken as long as they would have taken to recharge. Every frame that can restore shields will see that a lot but it shouldn't matter for Hildryn as you shouldn't be hitting her gating without being one-shot.

Edited by trst

Thanks for raising this issue (and how Hildryn currently "not works" really is an issue).

Hildryn rapidly went through different phases/build alternatives upon release, several of them functional and/or interesting, then went through the normal "fixing phase" (luckily also including the ability sound level) but then she seems to mostly have fallen through the cracks and now you hardly see her. And now she is a bit "broken" (not in a good way), something that happened along the way, mostly during the more or less continuous melee 3.0 => status/shieldgating-process.

I like to play Hildryn in some situations and consider her to be a really good warframe in team play, so the (hopefully) unintended nerfs are unfortunate. And even more hopefully they will be fixed, preferably sooner rather than later.

Hildryn is a well-rounded design with unique abilities, and what she really doesn't need is being dumped into the "forgotten warframe"-limbo/stasis, where players raise her issues now and then but nothing ever happens. This (a warframe getting mostly negative comments in the forums about things that should be fixed) leads to the general concept that "Hildryn is no good", which is both a shame and not really true. When I play Hildryn I every now and then get positive feedback from the squad (included some "wow, what is THAT warframe" 🙂), so she clearly has potential to shine. And thus should be fixed, just so she also gets playtime.

Edited by Graavarg