The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear - Temporary?

I'm guessing that as Scarlet Spear is listed under 'Operations' it's all temporary? 

It's a shame because the murex insides look really cool and a lot of effort spent on what's basically a new tile set. For all that to only be active for, what, 30 days, before it gets switched off and never used again?

I want here for any previous Operations and it seems there was a lot of them. Have any of the previous Operation things been used again?

Uhh, maybe you should explore Veil Proxima more. The ships and tiles are not that new. 

There is a timer on the event if you look at your alerts, yes. This is just a taste of the Sentient invasion though, more is coming as the New War kicks off.

I believe Steve mentioned the possibility of Scarlet Spear being a recurring event, probably with the same timing as Plague Star. I'll see if I can find proof and re-edit.

37 minutes ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

Have any of the previous Operation things been used again?

yes, some of them do come back, just not very often. Plague Star is recurring, but probably won't appear again for like a year. Thermia Fractures and Ghoul Purges are recurring (Ghouls seem to be every 2 weeks, they're never not there). I think Razorback and Formorian count as Operations, and we are due one rather soon (meters on PS4 are about 75% on both last I checked.)

stick around and you will get to see more Operations eventually. the assets from Scarlet Spear will likely appear more as The New War unfolds.

• Like 1

Some Operations became recurring events, like Fomorians, Plague Star, Thermmia Fractures... others were to introduce new game modes: Survival, Invasion, Defecation. Others to introduce new titlesets: Mars (formely Phobos in Arid Fear), Uranus...

The only thing missing is the story that came with them.

They had events with interesting gameplay, that never returned. ...Like the original event with Bursas, the launch of Grineer Manics, that infested event where they could smell the blood of how many infested you've killed.. never know, but aspects of it will certainly be used down the road in some way.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

There's a timer on the current event. But I will bet money that they will find ways to use the tileset more often going ahead.

Like turn it into a derelict like mode. 

same way the gradivus event lead to invasions etc.

The event will return regularly.  Its just a way to test and experimwnt with squad link.

The new war, the viel anomaly, new sentient enemies and tiles, additional railjack stuff, etc.

It all adds up. As time goes on railjack will get more fleshed out until we get something better ressembling what de showed off at tennocon.

Give it time. De has to add stuff bit by bit and bug test it.

• Like 3