Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear Oplink Reinforcement seems a waste

(PSN)crashteddy03

I started playing Scarlet Spear when it was released on console this week and so far have been enjoying it. I tend towards ground missions as there is normally too many space teams and not enough codes being sent. For those complaining about the lack of codes, I'm down there working my butt off to try to send them to you. How about sending some help my way?

Anyhoo, I had initially thought that the Oplink Reinforcement that you could purchase restored some health to the teams deployed Oplinks. Reading the wiki however seems to indicate that all this does is add a tiny 500 health to each Oplink. I did note that one was sent to a squad I was in a few minutes ago and the base health moved from 20,000 to 20,500. A quick calculation shows that this is a mere 2.5% improvement... for a 75,000 credit investment.

If this was a heal over time, say 200/s for 25 seconds (5000 total heal) I'd consider this useful. Especially considering that the majority of Oplink health tends to be lost in a single wave, usually at the later stages.

I'd like peoples thoughts on this.

• Like 4

I agree with you. Seems to be nothing more than something to fool people to waste their credits on.

Using credits on reinforcements should also give the person who is using their credits something in return. There's no real in game impact as you noted, so I don't know why DE spent time and resources to even implement it.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, (PS4)crashteddy03 said:

If this was a heal over time, say 200/s for 25 seconds (5000 total heal) I'd consider this useful.

I'm pretty sure it is the heal-over-time to heal damaged Oplinks. Still, 75k Credits is quite steep for support.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChiefJefe said:

I agree with you. Seems to be nothing more than something to fool people to waste their credits on.

The worst part about that is the people it would fool are the people who probably really don't have the credits to be blowing in the first place. 

Anyone who's been around long enough to have enough credits to sit and endlessly spam the Reinforcement button without a care in the world has been around long enough to know that what it offers is either completely futile (because team is superbaddies) or totally unnecessary (because team is supersweats). 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

Who here got their 6 million credit refunds for doing the Rising Tide quest? Raise your hand please.

Yep, got mine and spent it already. Still have enough credits to sit there and spam the reinforcement if I wanted, but when it does basically nothing why bother?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

Who here got their 6 million credit refunds for doing the Rising Tide quest? Raise your hand please.

*looks at pile of almost 40million credits* I assume so but I couldn't tell ya, I don't bother keeping track of credits anymore. 

It applies some amount of healing and can/does give them up to 500 bonus health.

Thing is besides their slight passive regen, which afaik wasn't always a feature, support is the only way they're meant to be healed. So even if it was a flat +500 health it's still healing them for more than they would have received otherwise.

Really the only issue with it is that "Stable" "Damaged" and "Critical" don't give enough information about the squad. It doesn't say how many oplinks are damaged or what round they're on. i.e. If a squad is on their first or second round while down three oplinks then support is just a waste on them.

5 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Someone has an alternative observation. A few posts later they explain where their observation came from

Thank you - I hadn't found that post.

Unfortunately I don't have any easy way to verify their observed numbers. I had taken my numbers from the wiki and from observing the "overheal". It's these sorts of things that I wish DE would make more transparent.

2 hours ago, trst said:

Thing is besides their slight passive regen,

I wasn't aware of this either. I know they are affected by the Rejuvenation Aura, but afaik that and possibly one of Nidus skills(?) are the only things that heal them.

2 hours ago, trst said:

Really the only issue with it is that "Stable" "Damaged" and "Critical" don't give enough information about the squad. It doesn't say how many oplinks are damaged or what round they're on. i.e. If a squad is on their first or second round while down three oplinks then support is just a waste on them.

Totally agree. Even something showing just what round a squad is on would help.

The mechanic is lacking proper explanation and tutorial...as a lot of things in Warframe do.

That said, the idea behind it is great. I believe this heals 500 HP to all OpLinks and got mine to 20500 HP once. While it doesn't seem like much, if it can be spammed and used by multiple people, it can help a lot.

In one flotilla close to 70/70, I was chilling in the relay and used this a few times and got a message from one of the Space teams thanking me as those measly 500 HP literally saved their OpLink from being destroyed. That was nice. 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Sentiel said:

While it doesn't seem like much, if it can be spammed and used by multiple people, it can help a lot.

it can't. once you support someone, they can't be supported by you or anyone else again.

it can occasionally make a difference though, and this was mostly aimed at veterans with tens of millions of credits and nothing to spend it on. 75k is super easy to get in the Index anyway.

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

it can't. once you support someone, they can't be supported by you or anyone else again.

it can occasionally make a difference though, and this was mostly aimed at veterans with tens of millions of credits and nothing to spend it on. 75k is super easy to get in the Index anyway.

That's a shame then.

I'd like to run some tests on this as I see some claim it heals 3k, but I quit SS and don't want to do it again for the time being, so I'll wait for someone to find out how this mechanic actually works.

That said, I'd rather be able to Thor throw the team my Sancti Magistar for a few minutes instead. 😀

1 hour ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Kinda wish we could send our converted liches into other people missions as extra help instead of the oplink thing.

It would be better if you could send a specter of your current loudout to help parties with less than 4 players in it.

That way it would be more personal.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, (PS4)Hooligantuan said:

It does seem like an incredibly poorly conceived mechanic.  It's a real shame, too, because I love all these ideas in Scarlet Spear emphasizing cooperation and supporting other folks in their missions.

Agreed. Although if I'm wrong and it does indeed heal around 3000 over time, that makes it slightly more worthwhile.

5 hours ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

Having other type of support other than "Heal the defensive target" would be great. You know, like delaying the enemy spawn for a few seconds, do direct 30% health damage to all enemies, make the squad invulnerable for x seconds, etc. Just buffs and boons to help out the teams.

This! As long as the actual support type is explained, I'd love to see more. Yeah, I have the credits to burn, why not support other players? Isn't that what Scarlet Spear is all about?

2 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Kinda wish we could send our converted liches into other people missions as extra help instead of the oplink thing.

Now this would be hilarious. Have your lich back Grineer Scoom!!

1 hour ago, prodi1600 said:

It would be better if you could send a specter of your current loudout to help parties with less than 4 players in it.

This could work too. Specters currently ignore your mod loadout, so how about fully modded for say 30 seconds?

No healing to defense targets allowed. This event is a mess. Bugs plus design flaws resulted in a mob of angry players, their frustration channeled at the mislead perception that only few selected frames were enjoying it. Nope, everyone was affected but damage was done and the answer to pacify the issue was, just for a change, nerf something. And now Venari can heal nada and poor Limbo.