The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear: 27.3.14

[DE]Megan

12 hours ago, RevanZim said:

Interesting, thanks.

Also is it known why the Arbitration Arcanes are still not available from Little Duck? Patch 27.3.8 said this:

Which made it sound like ALL Arcanes were added. But they weren't. There's still 5 rare Arcanes left to add (Blade Charger, Bodyguard, Pistoleer, Primary Charger, Tanker). Why are they excluded?

If there is a particular reason and this reason is known, can anyone link me to a statement from DE explaining this discrepancy? Otherwise please add these Arcanes DE, this makes no sense right now. People that had a rank 3 in one of those 5 still need 11 more like anyone else now to max it.

To give people a reason to goto PoE and kill Eidelons perhaps?

Does anyone even use Grendel's 4? On low level content the enemies in your stomach die too fast for it to be useful/usable. On high level content, eating enough enemies to make his 4 do enough causes you to drain your energy at a phenomenal rate. There's no way I could ever afford 10 energy per "jump" with him.

Still looking for that Titania buff too: Cast speed, Diwata, AoE/Number of enemies affected on all her abilities etc.Razorwings scale so they don't constantly die to high level "casual" AoE damage.

19 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

-snip-

Do you not have ideas for Gauss or something? and NO WISP EITHER? Do they not exist? I'll give you ideas for both of them:

GAUSS:

Storing Rush Mach Rush Augment: The longer you sprint, the damage you atore you store up for a wall slam. Scales with Strength. (Reasoning: People only often tap 1 for battery, but giving this augment gives people a reason to hold it out longer)

Protective Plating Kinetic Plating Augment: Allows Gauss to give the benefits of his Kinetic plating to allies within 15 meters. Scales with Range. (Reasoning: Gauss is seen as a SOLO frame by a lot of people. He doesn't play well with other since he has nothing to give to teammtes, and giving them his 4 buff would just annoy them because they'll lose ammo too fast)

Altering Sunder Thermal Sunder augment: Allows you to change the element of Thermal Sunder through your Emissive colours. Primary will choose the tap, and secondary the hold. These will combine if yiu use both of them at the same time, Like the blast version in the original.(Reasoning: Let's be honest, aside from heat, which version no one hses anyway, all the elements this ability gives are garbage. This gives people the ability to make it good elements)

Regenerating Redline Redline Augment: For every projectile that hits an enemy, 50% of the damage it dealt will be given to Gauss as health. Scales with Strength. (Reasoning: Gauss dies fast, especially against infested because of all their procs, and the fact that HIS 2 ONLY WORKS WITH SPECIFIC DAMAGE TYPES. This offers more ways to survive than that annoying battery stealing 2)

Redline's Wrath Redline Augment: Gives Redline a new bonus, Critical chance. The critical chance will scale with the number next to his battery, and will out at an addative bonus 40%. Doesn't scale with Strength. (Reasoning: Gauss's DPS relies on redline and good weapons, and he doesnt get a flar damage buff like Chroma or Mirage, so giving him some crit chance allows him to be used in higher levels)

WISP:

Lightweight Reservoirs Reservoirs Augment: Allows Wisp and her allies to pick up the reservoirs, 3 at a time, and in trade-off she has to use her secondary weapon. (Reasoning: Just sinply allows Wisp to be used in more mobile mission)

Condition Gate Sol Gate Augment: For every status element Wisp proc's on an enemy, the Sol Gate will get more damage. (Reasoning: Her 4 is garbage in higher levels, and giving Wisp this augment allows for more damage, and it synergises with tge buffs from her 1)

For her 2 and 3, ye no idea.

10 hours ago, RevanZim said:

Zaw and Kitgun Arcanes were not changed to require 5 ranks. Operator I would technically agree but I can somewhat understand not including them since they are a completely different type of Arcane, but Arbitration Arcanes are the same Arcane. Why exclude exactly those 5 from the list of warframe Arcanes just because you get them somewhere else? Especially since the wording suggested they had added all warframe Arcanes.

The wording suggested that only the arcanes that came from the raid(and now the eidolons) would be included. None of those arbie arcanes got a buff(I mean they'd need a rework to be usable) nor did they original come from the raids.

Il y a 16 heures, [DE]Megan a dit :

Grendel - Pulverize Augment - Catapult
Middle mouse button to launch Grendel in your aim direction. Costs 10 Energy

Thank you for the update! Hope you are doing alright in these difficult times^^

The other 3 augments seem interesting and as they add interesting optional mechanics to the abilities, but [Catapult] has a problem in that it is essentiel for the ability to not be useless in any normal level geometry as I understood it. Shouldn't augments aim to add fun/alternative aspects to their abilities instead of adding a required feature to make them work? I'd like to offer an alternative idea:

1.-Make catapult a part of the base ability.
2.-Make an augment that literally allows you to control the ball with the usual movement controls, you know, like a droideka.... or sonic. Maybe make it so you accelerate and accumulate momentum over time as long as you don't steer in the opposite direction.
3.-Add a functionality through the augment that enhances the now always included catapult ability: If you catapult at enemies, you'll have a damaging AoE on impact with damage that scales with Grendel's speed. Hitting an enemy or a surface will make you bounce accordingly.

Also please remove the requirement of having an enemy in your belly for that ability. If you have someone in there, maybe allow for bonus damage, but there's just too many enemies that are immune to his eating ability and too few enemies that can be affected by it that have enough life to stay in his belly for long without dying. Especially in the current content flow (looking at you, sentients).

On a different note:

I'd like to point out that it is truely detrimental to your game if you roll out an event and the only way to get through it is by using one specific melee weapon (talk about build variety) and half the enemies float 5m up in the sky. Just try taking down a Batalyst that does the laser spinneroo with your Paracesis. Melee vs flying enemies is usually not a problem until they are immune to most CC that can pin them to the ground. I'd like to make a short list of problems with this event to maybe help you get an overview of what to change so people complain less and have more fun with this event and further content (as sentients seem to be the new thing):
-Their adaptation is broken and only the elite of damage-dealer frames will take them down with their abilities. Most specifically ranged abilities like Mesa's Ultimate, because sentients FLY.
-CC abilities suffer from adaptation, making killing sentients the only option with no further incentive than keeping the target alive.
-Most weapons are useless, again, because of the adaptation. Maybe allow for mixed elements mods? Mods that directly give corrosive, viral, gas, magnetic radiation or explosion damage? And give the ability to keep elements uncombined when adding the base elements heat, cold, toxin and electricity? Maybe that would reduce the problems with their adaptation?
-Transference is too slow and narrow to remove the adaptation from all those sentients quickly enough and you keep nerfing operators (lately, lockdown) making them a less viable option. (Also can we please have the Amps still work on void-damage vulnerable enemies even with the elemental damage conversion mods? That really limits build variety on those.)

If I may: Instead of trying to nerf CC so people have lest interest in using it, give more rewards for killing the sentients AND make them just a tiny bit easier to kill with normal weapons. Of course this will trivialize content, but the warframe roaster you currently have doesn't allow for challenging content where more than 3 specific warframes would be used, because they are simply the best. And by "best" I mean the "only viable option that can barely achieve to kill them". There are too many bad warframes that won't achieve anything in this event and those need help, but until you've done that, it serves nothing to roll out challenging content and then kick the teeth of viable warframes in. Also please consider giving all damage abilities a scaling part that is based on the enemies lvl/health combined with a baseline amount. Let's take generic ultimate ability 101: Deal 2000 damage of type X to all enemies with line of sight within a 15m radius. How about 15% of their maximum health + 1500 damage of type X, both modified by ability strength mods?

Thank you for reading this, hope you have a nice day^^

5 hours ago, wullail said:

To give people a reason to goto PoE and kill Eidelons perhaps?

Why would not adding Arbitration Arcanes give people more reason to play Eidolons? All the Eidolon Arcanes are currently available from Little Duck...

2 hours ago, JaycemeSwain said:

The wording suggested that only the arcanes that came from the raid(and now the eidolons) would be included. None of those arbie arcanes got a buff(I mean they'd need a rework to be usable) nor did they original come from the raids.

The wording to me sounded like they were adding all the Arcanes that you could equip on a warframe. Which includes the Arbitration ones. The statement that none of the Arbitration Arcanes got a buff is also a lie.

Blade Charger: 20% chance for 200% damage for 8 sec -> 30% chance for 300% damage for 12 sec

Bodyguard: 6 melee kills in 30s for 600 health -> 900 health

Pistoleer: 30% chance for 100% ammo efficiency for 4 sec -> 60% chance for 102% ammo efficiency for 12 sec

Primary Charger: same as Blade Charger, buffed to 30% for 300% for 12

Tanker: on Archgun equip 1200 armor for 16 sec -> 1200 armor for 60 sec

18 hours ago, RevanZim said:

"why the Arbitration Arcanes are still not available from Little Duck?

[...] made it sound like ALL Arcanes were added. But they weren't. There's still 5 rare Arcanes left to add (Blade Charger, etc.)"

Just five? Little duck in the Flotilla offers only Eidolon-dropped arcanes. No Magus, Exodia, Pax, arbitration, or even LDs own arcanes from her Fortuna shop. This isn't in need of fixing. 

18 hours ago, gryffendeur said:

WaYpOiNt FiXeS wHeN , rAiLjAcK FiXeS wHeN , HoSt MiGrAtiOn FiXeS wHeN ? 

Maiming strike and melee being not equalize when, kuva brama being the only good primary fix when ? 

Did you read the patchnotes before posting? Yesterday. Yesterday, & yesterday. 

Maiming Strike was too strong, they nerfed it. Kuva Bramma is NOT the only good primary. Learn to mod strategically, or the inevitable Bramma nerf will really hurt. 

Yesterdays patch where you say:

Fixed a script error when exiting a Crewship and going into Archwing.

This is not fixed, its happened to me in my last two runs in a row. Its immensely annoying to loose everything and i physically have to alt F4 the game and re launch it every time. i really dont see the point in playing this anymore as every mission requires that i go into the crew ship and I have to take the risk every time i go into one that it will crash the game and ill loose 30 mins worth of time

Please fix this:

1 hour ago, xooSnowballoox said:

"every mission requires that i go into the crewship and (...) take the risk (...) that it will crash (...)" 

No missions require you to board a crewship, nor is it the optimal way to deal with them. 

Using [Forward Artillery] lets you one-shot 'em, & make a Gian Point run end in 5 min. & if you're farming intrinsics, you can outright ignore the ones in scarlet spear. 

On 2020-04-15 at 7:02 PM, -AxHx-Vile said:

Thanks, maybe?

I wasn't going to edit, but I'm sorry, I just have to ask.

Why do you keep adding new things that probably almost nobody will even use, when there are so many abandoned aspects of the game that absolutely need "revising" / "reworking", etc? I could name them all, but you've heard them all a hundred times I'm sure. I just don't get it. Can you guys truly make a "Warframe Revised", instead of just glancing over a few things, tweaking them and acting like you've massively changed the game? And instead of just constantly stacking new content on top, while older content just appears to be utterly forgotten?

That's the reason behind my initial "Thanks, maybe?". Everything feels so...weird lately. Frankly, I miss 2013/2014 DE.

I know there might not even be any point tot his post but...I just had to get it out, you know? Maybe someone at DE will read it, maybe it'll have some minor impact...maybe it'll do nothing... sigh 

"Give this man a Cookie!"

He wrote from my heart. !

18 hours ago, Chroia said:

So, at the cost of sustaining Haven, Pillage gains a bit of restore and helps accelerate armor strippage.

For the restore, I'd take the Balefire aug over this.
That said, it might have a use case for lower Strength armor stripping... if you want to totally-strip armor... which means you stop gaining shields from Pillage.
Hm.
Is the shield restore a one time thing, or does it happen each time? If the latter, it might actually be fairly good exactly because of the above-mentioned reason.

17 hours ago, Pfysicyst said:

Hildryn's augment is very weak, only good for applying a very non-lethal fire proc and getting more shields back. I was hoping this would help with her deficiencies against the Infested specifically, but the fire is just too weak to bother casting 2 against them.

14 hours ago, ParadoxWill said:

Hildryn - Shield restore needs to scale with power strength.

Usually I don't jump to DE's defense, but in this case its obvious no one has tested before commenting. Hopefully you all have had the chance to see how it actually works in game.

Augment damage and shield restore scales off strength. As long as an enemy is affected by Haven (her 3) every cast of Pillage will return shields and will cause a heat proc. With the exception of shooting nullifiers, the shield restore vastly out paces the Balefire Augment. A high power build turns Hildryn into a nuke frame with this augment and helps her immensely against infested.

2 hours ago, TyphlosionToaster said:

Just five? Little duck in the Flotilla offers only Eidolon-dropped arcanes. No Magus, Exodia, Pax, arbitration, or even LDs own arcanes from her Fortuna shop. This isn't in need of fixing.

Pax and Exodia Arcanes were not changed to have 5 ranks now and require an extra 11 copies. Magus should technically also be offered but I can somewhat understand not having them since they are a completely different type of Arcane.

Steve said he didn't want to increase grind, which is the whole reason these Arcanes are even offered in the first place, so people can get their previous rank 3's to rank 5 now. But if you're offering almost all the Arcanes you can equip on warframes, why exclude exactly these 5? At least be consistent and offer all of the warframe Arcanes if Magus will not be offered at all...

27 minutes ago, Shrednshade said:

but in this case its obvious no one has tested before commenting. Hopefully you all have had the chance to see how it actually works in game.

You're right, I absolutely didn't, but nor did I pretend I did.
Commenting on patchnotes is what one does while waiting for the game to update.

28 minutes ago, Shrednshade said:

Augment damage and shield restore scales off strength. As long as an enemy is affected by Haven (her 3) every cast of Pillage will return shields and will cause a heat proc. With the exception of shooting nullifiers, the shield restore vastly out paces the Balefire Augment. A high power build turns Hildryn into a nuke frame with this augment and helps her immensely against infested.

Excellent, I was hoping that was the case.
Thanks for the info.

21 hours ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Why do you keep adding new things that probably almost nobody will even use

Cuz they no longer care, all they want is Money/Media and Hype. Guess people should've paid attention to the topics about how WF is going down the drain, but they didn't and look what they get. 

Archived