Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Railjack Revisited Information

[DE]Rebecca

5 minutes ago, LupoDWolf said:

with this changes, can then the base reactor value be 50 instead of 30?

I've seen a warframe partner last night play testing the proposed changes.

He was melting enemies with ease and his railjack didn't get any substantial damage, and he was using a bare bones Railjack with zero avionics on it.

If it's going to be this easy, the base stock reactor capacity isn't going to matter at all.

10 minutes ago, LupoDWolf said:

I still don't get you people that want a pseudo-challange with enemies that are just bullet sponge.

But if they nerf a frame or a OP weapon, the chaos is absurd

The enemies actually do a decent amount of damage relatively. The two combine to make the enemies a challenge.

If you have a solution better than that though, since making the enemies across the board easier doesn't solve the problem, I'd like to hear it.

2 hours ago, (XB1)toughdragon17 said:

Hopefully with the vailence transfur feature the zekti and levan reactors can go to 100 capacity as well so yoi dont half to rely on massive rng to get 2 vidat reactors to combind into one 

Id like this becouse there are sertint effects you can only get on zekti and levan reactors that are prity good and it would help people out to get the purfict railjack they want with the purfict effects they want  and not half to worry about just geting vidar reactors 

And if the avionics are geting increast to the highest value of the houses they can go to usualy being 13 that means were going to need a lot of capacity to be able to use the full effect of the avionics 

wouldn't this be a problem since the tradeoff for the highest avionics is having garbage flux? (Yes I'm aware hyperflux exists, I use it.) So instead you'd have the original house avionic with high capacity with garbage flux, and other houses now capable of maxing out with decent flux. That doesn't seem properly balanced.

DE, please consider removing the waiting timers for building the Railjack.

This made sense at the time when Rising Tide first launched, but it makes no sense now.

Plenty of players just write this off completely as soon as they realize the waiting time.

Imagine for a moment that when you first start playing Warframe, you have to wait 3 days to build your Excallibro ..

4 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

DE, please consider removing the waiting timers for building the Railjack.

This made sense at the time when Rising Tide first launched, but it makes no sense now.

Plenty of players just write this off completely as soon as they realize the waiting time.

Imagine for a moment that when you first start playing Warframe, you have to wait 3 days to build your Excallibro ..

Are people having to wait for this on PTS?

My only real concern with the proposed changes is REMOVING the deprecated Avionics. I don't think this is needed. Instead, simply convert people's Avionics to the new "generic" (Sigma?) variety when the change rolls around and let us scrap the duplicates.

Pretty much everything else I'm mostly in favour of. Railjack as it stands right now is pretty much turtle combat. Everything is slow, everything is tanky and we spend a lot of time mag-dumping into hard targets. Cutting the health of Cosma Grineer is not a bad idea, but I still question the wisdom of giving them *20 health relative to normal Grineer in the first place. Yes, we fight them in supposedly smaller numbers relative to high-level Survival, but we fight them in actually larger numbers than in your average Sabotage, Spy or even Exterminate mission.

Personally, I would get rid of Drift entirely. Push normal movement speed to Boost speeds, push Boost speed to Drift speeds, turn Vector into either an Archwing style Blink or a VERY fast slide, either way on a short cooldown. We don't need a "Railjack Bullet Jump" with complex button inputs when all that amounts to is a third gear, faster Boost speed. You can retain the final forward surge as the new Vector if you really want to, but Drift is entirely unnecessary.

Also, consider some utility for those of us using "Toggle Sprint," which for Railjack means "Toggle Boost." Don't drain my Boost meter if I'm not moving, even if I have Boost toggled on. If I'm standing still, my Boost should be recovering, not draining. Furthermore, force-disable Boost when the Boost meter runs out. Right now, it's easy to forget to turn Boost off, meaning the Boost Bar never refills until I remember to turn it off manually. There's no situation where keeping Boost on with no Boost meter has a point.

16 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

People ask for changes to make Railjack more fun, the developers change it up for us, and then people complain that Railjack is no longer challenging and that no sense of challenge can be found in the game at all.

those are two different types of people...

17 minutes ago, MPonder said:

Are people having to wait for this on PTS?

As far as I understand on how DE is doing the PTS, its a copy of their public account that is then completely separate.

If they didn't complete Railjack on public before PTS started than they won't have Railjack on PTS. Also nothing they gain on PTS will transfer back to public so they won't have an "advantage" when the update releases to everyone.

Though I believe Vit0Corleone is talking more in general about Rising Tide build times rather than being related to the PTS.

1 minute ago, NovusNova said:

As far as I understand on how DE is doing the PTS, its a copy of their public account that is then completely separate.

If they didn't complete Railjack on public before PTS started than they won't have Railjack on PTS. Also nothing they gain on PTS will transfer back to public so they won't have an "advantage" when the update releases to everyone.

Though I believe Vit0Corleone is talking more in general about Rising Tide build times rather than being related to the PTS.

Correct. I wasn't talking about the PTS, but rather in general how those timers are such a deterrent for new players that want to try out Railjack.

34 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

wouldn't this be a problem since the tradeoff for the highest avionics is having garbage flux? (Yes I'm aware hyperflux exists, I use it.) So instead you'd have the original house avionic with high capacity with garbage flux, and other houses now capable of maxing out with decent flux. That doesn't seem properly balanced.

The avionics are beinge increased to there highest values meaning they will use more capacity im saying that zekti, levan, and vidar should all be able to all go to 100 capacity so everyone can be able to use the new avionics without halfting to go and rely on rng to get 2 vidar reactors to combind to get a 100 capacity reactor 

If your worryed about flux capacity that would be increased as well whem you combind the reactors 

2 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I've seen a warframe partner last night play testing the proposed changes.

He was melting enemies with ease and his railjack didn't get any substantial damage, and he was using a bare bones Railjack with zero avionics on it.

If it's going to be this easy, the base stock reactor capacity isn't going to matter at all.

I hope things are more challenging than that. It's taken me awhile to get a good solid railjack. Things could be easier than they are currently with regards to drops, etc, but the challenge of going up against the ships and enemies we face needs to remain.

1 hour ago, (XB1)toughdragon17 said:

The avionics are beinge increased to there highest values meaning they will use more capacity im saying that zekti, levan, and vidar should all be able to all go to 100 capacity so everyone can be able to use the new avionics without halfting to go and rely on rng to get 2 vidar reactors to combind to get a 100 capacity reactor 

If your worryed about flux capacity that would be increased as well whem you combind the reactors 

I get what you are saying, and I am saying it is a nerf to viday (is it vidar I forget) by making it overall inferior by handing the 100 avionic capacity to other reactors. Which is an unecessary change.

If they are doing valence fusion, you just need to fuse a few vidars to get max capacity.

1 minute ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I get what you are saying, and I am saying it is a nerf to viday (is it vidar I forget) by making it overall inferior by handing the 100 avionic capacity to other reactors. Which is an unecessary change.

If they are doing valence fusion, you just need to fuse a few vidars to get max capacity.

It wouldent be a nerf it would be a balence for all reactors making them all  able to go to 100 would balance them making it more easyer to get the purfect railjack only things that wouldent change would be the seperat pasive abilitys for each reactor 

You know how hard it is to get a vidar reactor took me 2 days of farming just to get one vidar reactor 

17 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Avionics Changes: 

When it comes to Avionics changes, there’s an overarching goal: Simplify Avionic management. 

• Each Integrated Avionic Type will now only exist with a single Manufacturer rather than three Manufacturer flavors.
  • The ‘retired’ Integrated Avionics will be removed from players inventory via a script.
  • The remaining Integrated Avionic for each Type will take on the values of the previously highest valued Avionic of it’s Type.
  • ALL Dirac used to upgrade Integrated Avionics will be refunded. This applies to both retired and remaining Avionics.
  • ALL remaining Integrated Avionics will have their Upgrades drained.

Thanks to everyone for your hard working, even in these difficult times.

I have only one observation: With the changes in integrated avionics, probably most of players will find them without them (If I'm not wrong, only the top tier avionic for each type will survive...) because they don't own the top tier one (for example [zekti bulkhead] will become [bulkhead], while [lavan] and [vidar] ones will vanish, players without the zekti one will be without bulkhead at all)...

While I'm not against simplifications, are you eventually going to change also the drop rate of those avionics, eventually over all proximas (so players don't have to rush to veil or buy them from other players...), or are you going to implement a form of shop vendor at least for the integrated avionics?

Thanks again

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Tekikko said:

Thanks to everyone for your hard working, even in these difficult times.

I have only one observation: With the changes in integrated avionics, probably most of players will find them without them (If I'm not wrong, only the top tier avionic for each type will survive...) because they don't own the top tier one (for example [zekti bulkhead] will become [bulkhead], while [lavan] and [vidar] ones will vanish, players without the zekti one will be without bulkhead at all)...

While I'm not against simplifications, are you eventually going to change also the drop rate of those avionics, eventually over all proximas (so players don't have to rush to veil or buy them from other players...), or are you going to implement a form of shop vendor at least for the integrated avionics?

Thanks again

All avionics are being raised to there highest house all your levan vidar and zekti are becoming one house meaning all your levan and vidar are being raised to zekti levels not disapering 

No word on Command Intrinsics and the last several times you've talked about Railjack there has been either no mention of it or it gets glossed over. Is it going to happen? If the Command Intrinsics line isn't working, if it's getting dropped, just let us know. I'm perfectly fine with Railjack being geared towards multiplayer, where (as it currently stands) you can play it solo but it can be a struggle and it isn't really geared for that. I'm fine with that, but you should let us know, because if you don't, and the subject keeps getting ignored until it becomes obvious to players that it's been abandoned, your just going to anger and frustrate the players more. 

Additional, unrelated, thought (I'm not on the test cluster, so maybe it's fine), any nerfing to speed seems like a bad idea to me. Doubling the normal speed is great, but why nerf the boost? 

Il y a 18 heures, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

Changing the pacing and general feel of all Railjack Piloting and movement to be less reliant on the optimal strategy of “Single strafe Boost then Repeat”: 

• Doubled the Railjack’s base Speed. 
  • Lowered Boost Speed by 75% 
  • Increased the Boost Speed cost of dodge. 
  • Increased Boost Drain (8 - 15)

As someone who dodge/drift a lot and love the feeling of building up my ship's speed I must say that i really dislike these changes 😕

16 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Does anyone have any idea what they mean with "Vortex is now attached to the front of your Railjack" in regards to Munitions Vortex?

Currently the way this is used is to deploy it near a group of enemies, shoot it to fill it with damage, and then activate to explode the nearby enemy ships ( kinda like Nova's antimatter drop ).

Attached to the Railjack almost sounds like we aren't going to be able to pump it with damage anymore ( how would we shoot something attached to our own RJ? ..), and instead will have to rely on whatever damage the enemies try to do to us.

If this is the case, they are basically killing Munitions Vortex, the best battle avionics we have..

I just saw a warframe partner play testing Munitions Vortex and as I feared, it's now useless, because we can't pump it with damage ourselves.

DE, why destroy the only alternative to Void Hole?... that makes no sense.

"Destroying all engines on a Crewship now disables weapons."

I guess I was the only one who hijacked all ships by killing the pilots, and stacked them nice, and neat off to the side with the rest of the crew inside. because friendly ships do not fire back. As someone who enjoys the content and solo'd it all without difficulty nerfing it bothers me to no end. The movement was fun, the multiple house avionics allowed for different yet viable builds. I never had issues with ship hazards.

By the way if you remove the health of the ship, and the engines, you have a window of time when it will not fire back, or move, to go in, and take control of the ship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q9DR6ZY-Z0

I should also note the video as usual is unlisted only watchable from here with link. It shows game play of how you can already disable ship guns.

2 hours ago, (XB1)toughdragon17 said:

It wouldent be a nerf it would be a balence for all reactors making them all  able to go to 100 would balance them making it more easyer to get the purfect railjack only things that wouldent change would be the seperat pasive abilitys for each reactor 

You know how hard it is to get a vidar reactor took me 2 days of farming just to get one vidar reactor 

right sure. But unless they are also making all reactors similar, you should not be getting 100 avionics out of a non-vidar reactor because you sacrifice flux for avionics with the vidar. You could fuse more of the same house for max of that type, but it shouldn't give you a hybrid that is basically better than the best and hardest to come by reactor. That's handing you the reward, which gives less incentive to try to get what you want.

1 hour ago, AnhurShu said:

No word on Command Intrinsics and the last several times you've talked about Railjack there has been either no mention of it or it gets glossed over. Is it going to happen? If the Command Intrinsics line isn't working, if it's getting dropped, just let us know. I'm perfectly fine with Railjack being geared towards multiplayer, where (as it currently stands) you can play it solo but it can be a struggle and it isn't really geared for that. I'm fine with that, but you should let us know, because if you don't, and the subject keeps getting ignored until it becomes obvious to players that it's been abandoned, your just going to anger and frustrate the players more. 

Additional, unrelated, thought (I'm not on the test cluster, so maybe it's fine), any nerfing to speed seems like a bad idea to me. Doubling the normal speed is great, but why nerf the boost? 

Maybe we should let them focus on fixes, and not hurry them into releasing something that may cause more issues to deal with instead of fixing what we have. Patience is a virtue.

20 hours ago, Thelamaking said:

So players will be punished further for not winning a Zetki Bulkhead by not having any EHP increasing avionic at all?

This is even worse for Hull Weave since deciding whether Zetki is better than Vidar seems pretty hard.

Actually all of them will be upgraded to the zetki variants stats so if you had a basic bulkhead or hull weave it would now be 7 ranks and have the zetki stats great since my maxima is vidar so the prices will drop dramatically as they will all have the maximum stats and maximum capacity limiting your space 

Archived