Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Railjack Revisited Information

[DE]Rebecca

All of this wouldn't need to be changed if there was just an easy way to play railjack solo. Clear squads are easy to get into. Grind squads are nearly non-existent in railjack. And since we can't very effectively solo railjack, we're stuck with the choice of hunting for a squad, or just not doing it at all. Seems like most people are choosing to not do it at all. 

I recall another forced co-op activity that was removed from the game because only a small portion of players were doing it. Why implement another in an even worse way?...

20 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Lowered Boost Speed by 75%

Just why? Doing the maneuvers with booster is the coolest part of flying. Taking it out of the pilot eliminates any incentive  to progress in this talent tree of intrinsics and to pilot  the mission.

Please dont apply these changes.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (PS4)corpusbonds:

Usually the bigger canon behind the pilot seat can 1-3 shot them, if you don’t want to go out to sabotage the ship.

that's my whole argument. That isn't fun for a player like me that detestes wasting ressources, or having to leave my pilot seat to go into a gun that maybe kills them. Also, let's be totally clear here by the time you align your second or third shot with the big gun u could have already gone onto the ship and manually disabled it, which makes the whole thing even less fun to use.

Now, if you have multiple people, that might be a thing to do. But solo? Just enable the railjack primaries or rockets to destroy the crewships. Invulnerability to prolong your gametime is not challenging or interesting, it's just one of the things that makes me alt f4 the moment i join a rj game.

Just now, Radagosh said:

that's my whole argument. That isn't fun for a player like me that detestes wasting ressources, or having to leave my pilot seat to go into a gun that maybe kills them. Also, let's be totally clear here by the time you align your second or third shot with the big gun u could have already gone onto the ship and manually disabled it, which makes the whole thing even less fun to use.

Now, if you have multiple people, that might be a thing to do. But solo? Just enable the railjack primaries or rockets to destroy the crewships. Invulnerability to prolong your gametime is not challenging or interesting, it's just one of the things that makes me alt f4 the moment i join a rj game.

It's not as bad as it may seem.

Currently, even on the hardest Veil node ( Ruse War Field ) you can one shot the crew ships provided you first strip armor with your front cannons and/or hit the engines with your forward artillery.

If you are needing 2-3 shots, you're probably doing it wrong.

Given that you have 5 shots and there are 6 crew ships, you only need to craft one additional dome charge, and the resources to do it actually drop from the crew ships you destroyed before.

In fact, crafting that extra dome charge is the only reason I bother leaving my pilot/artillery seats.

( this is based on my own experience of, so YMMV )

41 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

right sure. But unless they are also making all reactors similar, you should not be getting 100 avionics out of a non-vidar reactor because you sacrifice flux for avionics with the vidar. You could fuse more of the same house for max of that type, but it shouldn't give you a hybrid that is basically better than the best and hardest to come by reactor. That's handing you the reward, which gives less incentive to try to get what you want.

Im not saying to hybridise them im saying it would let us combind the same reactor houses to get to a 100 capacity and max flux capacity as well zekti levan and vidar wouldent combind with echother it would let people be able to get a 100 capacity and max flux reactor with the prefered pasive skills they want they wouldent half to have rely hevily on RNG and grind for multiple vidar just to get a 100 capacity and max flux reactor 

21 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Doubled the Railjack’s base Speed. 
  • Lowered Boost Speed by 75% 
  • Increased the Boost Speed cost of dodge. 
  • Increased Boost Drain (8 - 15)

Personally, I don't like this. I kinda loved piloting while using boosts. It was the sole thing that seemed fun to me. Could you please keep this boost fast and reliant as it was? I just don't understand why should it become lackluster.

I mean it was quite a gimmicky "boost" already in terms of actual speed gain. Now it's not a boost anymore.

Also, did you hear that in space there's actually a vacuum most of the time.... That means that, there's no actual reason for Railjack to slow-down after boosting. Is not it supposed to keep its speed according to first Newton's law? There's no friction. Gravitational interaction can be neglected due to insignificant mass of the Railjack. Why can't we get our space-movement right at least for once?

20 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Avionics Changes: 

When it comes to Avionics changes, there’s an overarching goal: Simplify Avionic management. 

• Each Integrated Avionic Type will now only exist with a single Manufacturer rather than three Manufacturer flavors.
  • The ‘retired’ Integrated Avionics will be removed from players inventory via a script.
  • The remaining Integrated Avionic for each Type will take on the values of the previously highest valued Avionic of it’s Type.
  • ALL Dirac used to upgrade Integrated Avionics will be refunded. This applies to both retired and remaining Avionics.
  • ALL remaining Integrated Avionics will have their Upgrades drained.

Are you going to adjust the Integrated Avionics capacity cost too?
At the moment the highest valued Avionics have the highest drain too. It's impossible to equip 9 of them fully upgraded on a ship with +100 avionic cap Reactor unless you drop all Tactical Avionics and 1 or 2 Battle Avionics.

20 minutes ago, (XB1)toughdragon17 said:

Im not saying to hybridise them im saying it would let us combind the same reactor houses to get to a 100 capacity and max flux capacity as well zekti levan and vidar wouldent combind with echother it would let people be able to get a 100 capacity and max flux reactor with the prefered pasive skills they want they wouldent half to have rely hevily on RNG and grind for multiple vidar just to get a 100 capacity and max flux reactor 

I know what you are saying and I am disagreeing with you. Unless they just had one reactor type with no negatives, which is what you seem to want. But the alternative is, you know, earning stuff that improves your railjack. Some might even call that content.

You offer nothing to make up for Vidar having lesser stats suddenly.

34 minutes ago, Radagosh said:

I guess, but I’ve easily done it solo. 
Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

21 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Doubled Affinity-to-Intrinsic Point conversion. You will now gain Intrinsics 2x faster. 

Hopefully this will be done properly. Since the release of Railjack there wasn't a lot of thought about it and how boring the grind was. And hopefully the Affinity booster will work properly as well, and not just give us 3 extra intrinsics. And also I hope Railjack will be more solo player friendly after the revisit because not a lot of people will play once they gotten everything, aside from helping their friends... maybe

On 2020-04-24 at 11:08 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tripled values of Titanium and Asterite resource drops

Any thoughts about make Titanium and Asterite drop from enemies? Maybe as an uncommon drop like Bracoid, Fresnels, etc.
I think the gain per drop is fine, it's just...not really fun to shoot/crash against rocks to farm them 😄

On 2020-04-24 at 11:08 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Affinity and Intrinsic Gain Changes

In regards to affinity gain, I think there are some issues with the affinity shared between players.
To be more specific, me and a friend did some testing with them being the one killing the most (as the pilot and host) and at the end I only gained about 1/3 of their intrinsics.
I only killed a few enemies and mostly patched holes or used the forge.

As for the rest, I think it's a great step in the right direction.
The cap on simultaneous hazards as well as valence fusion are very welcome, and overall the changes to combat and pacing seem like they will bring a faster pace to Railjack missions.
Perhaps the fighters behaviour could be changed so that they would remain in formation more often rather than separate from the group and get away from the fight, and also not make the player chase each one of them individually.

Thank you for the summary! I hope we'll be able to test it soon-ish and you guys will be still open to feedback and changes.

Overall I'm liking these changes even with the void hole nerf, I guess it was going to happen, but I'm kind of Skeptical about the avionics changes. See right now the max capacity you can have 130 max cap and even that isn't enough to fill all slots. What I usually do is take the 2nd best option like Lavan predator (turret cc avionic) and Vidar Hull weave (rj Armor avionic) that have a bit lower stat but takes a lot less avionics capacity. With the changes coming up, and if I interpret it correctly, we'll have only high tier mods that take usually 8/13/17 avionics capacity which even more narrows down my avionics use.

My request: please overlook at the reactor system and give us a way to increase the max cap. Something like when you valence two highest avionic rank reactor (for example 2 vidar reactor with +100 avionic capacity) it'll boost up the capacity by +10/15/20%, or maybe able to increase the total cap with Dirac, it sucks alot having empty slots and not being able to use the avionics considering how hard it is to get some of them with less than 1% chance. Than you. 

22 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Avionics Changes: 

When it comes to Avionics changes, there’s an overarching goal: Simplify Avionic management. 

• Each Integrated Avionic Type will now only exist with a single Manufacturer rather than three Manufacturer flavors.
  • The ‘retired’ Integrated Avionics will be removed from players inventory via a script.
  • The remaining Integrated Avionic for each Type will take on the values of the previously highest valued Avionic of it’s Type.
  • ALL Dirac used to upgrade Integrated Avionics will be refunded. This applies to both retired and remaining Avionics.
  • ALL remaining Integrated Avionics will have their Upgrades drained.

Any information about how will these changes be reflected on the farming for the avionics?

Currently the same avionic can be easy to get or incredibly hard, depending on the House.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Vit0Corleone:

It's not as bad as it may seem.

Currently, even on the hardest Veil node ( Ruse War Field ) you can one shot the crew ships provided you first strip armor with your front cannons and/or hit the engines with your forward artillery.

If you are needing 2-3 shots, you're probably doing it wrong.

Given that you have 5 shots and there are 6 crew ships, you only need to craft one additional dome charge, and the resources to do it actually drop from the crew ships you destroyed before.

In fact, crafting that extra dome charge is the only reason I bother leaving my pilot/artillery seats.

( this is based on my own experience of, so YMMV )

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)corpusbonds:

I guess, but I’ve easily done it solo. 
Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

It isn't about being easy or anything. It isn't hard for me to trigger void cloak, go into aw and kill all the crewships after im done void holing and nuking the fighters either. But compared to the latter the former is a pain, it's not a fun activity. My RJ is top of the line, so why can't it take out basic grineer ships with its weapons?

To me crewships are like Kuva Guardians that you need to also hack after void bashing them. But instead of being confined to Kuva missions they show up on every tile, are a necessity to be killed and can't just be ignored..

3 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Maybe we should let them focus on fixes, and not hurry them into releasing something that may cause more issues to deal with instead of fixing what we have. Patience is a virtue.

I'd say waiting over four months and only ever being told "it'll come later" is patience enough. Also, I never said that I expect it tomorrow. I never said I expect it when they release this "Railjack Revisited". I just want some information, to know if Command Intrinsics is dead or not, and if not, if there's at least some timeline for it getting here.

Also, maybe we wouldn't have to be worrying about letting "them focus on fixes" over four months after the content was released if they didn't constantly release unfinished, broken content and then release more unfinished, broken content before the previous release's issues had been resolved.

Maybe, just maybe. 

5 minutes ago, AnhurShu said:

I'd say waiting over four months and only ever being told "it'll come later" is patience enough. Also, I never said that I expect it tomorrow. I never said I expect it when they release this "Railjack Revisited". I just want some information, to know if Command Intrinsics is dead or not, and if not, if there's at least some timeline for it getting here.

Also, maybe we wouldn't have to be worrying about letting "them focus on fixes" over four months after the content was released if they didn't constantly release unfinished, broken content and then release more unfinished, broken content before the previous release's issues had been resolved.

Maybe, just maybe. 

They are constantly releasing unfinished content because people like you complain about how long it takes and start crying about a content drought. 

hace 23 horas, VKpD dijo:

The boost nerfs seem excessive for a game mode that DE was wanting to make feel more arcade like. Instead of being able to throw your railjack around with quick maneuvers you just have to trudge around with a slighly faster base speed. As doubling the already slow base speed isn't going to make up for gutting boost. The avionics changes also feel like a way to reduce the total amount of mods we can run on the ship as several of the tier 2 avionics approach t1 numbers while costing significantly less.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Resulting boost speeds depends on the Base speed value. You can check the exact formula on the wiki, it's basic math. 

27 minutes ago, Aorka said:

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Resulting boost speeds depends on the Base speed value. You can check the exact formula on the wiki, it's basic math. 

it's not increasing evenly. However. Boosting is still significantly impacted by the very dramatic downgrade it's getting. Just because you don't use a feature doesn't mean you get to insult others who do know about it. It's not just about pure speed, though the drop to it reflects other DE desires to basically make everything standard and restricted.

hace 8 minutos, Nazzami dijo:

So this test version means that Avionics are using the highest cost which will need changing as so many have ridiculous cost values railjack are not warframes we cant forma away the cost.

Yes and not only that boosting, alongside the combat avionics now feel lame. No longer powerful/ and or fun

Archived