Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: Railjack Revisited (Part 1): Hotfix 27.4.2

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, Digital-Dreams said:

It makes more sense to charge into enemies with a particle RAM to do damage, than sitting and doing nothing. 

Actually, according to simple physics the collision (energy) is dependent on the mass & speed of both objects. So a fighter (with little mass) hitting a non-moving ram at high speed will explode exactly as if a ram (high mass) hits a non-moving fighter at lower speed.

Anyone can test this IRL by running headfirst into a parked car...

# Difficulty Thoughts

Personally I think the difficulty level is just about right, as there's still room for ground enemies going beyond level 80 - 90.

And ships going beyond level 42 - 49.

Before it was exceptionally difficult to kill anyone even with a heavily forma'd weapon.

I suppose you could be a riven user however I personally don't like them even though I have one or two riven modded weapons.

Remember, Scarlet Spear had ground enemies up to what, level 188?  

Now that was crazy difficult.

The ground enemies now are about the mid point of Scarlet Spear class difficulty.

Instead of feeling like they were 188 instead of 80-90.

# Arch Melee

After playing around with Arch-Melee, I find it way easier to use my melee weapon to destroy enemies.

Before it was hard to keep them in range because as they level up, they move fast and dodge randomly.

I had to use a cold modded auto gun like Phaedra or Imperator just to freeze them in place before I could melee them to death.

Now with the arch-melee magnetism for a certain range (242 with Extend on my Rathbone) I can close to distance and then wipe them out, making my melee weapon wonderful when forma'd.

Overall, I like DE's change to this as it will make arch-melee as usable as guns.

It's almost on similar to the high damage output I can get in normal melee, especially with the melee combo counter.

Some of the other players say they don't like magnetism, however space combat for Warframe archwings was always different due to its 3D nature and the fast movement/dodging of enemies.

Dropping the melee escape from 100 to 10 was also a great change.

## Further Thoughts

DE's moving in the right direction for those two items above for sure.

And the rest of the revisited update has definitely made Railjack much better based on my playthrough.

* increased RJ base speed has made it less of tedious thing to move around, and actually feel more like Warframe should be - fast paced

* the 3X titanium and asterite is better than it was before (I still kind of feel like I never have enough to build everything I want, however time will tell me if that's okay)

There's of course still room to grow and improve in terms of:

* mission variety

* difficulty scaling (as many players have discussed, having the ability to select the difficulty of the mission or shall I say, select "increased" difficulty)

I think an "added difficulty scaling" would suit some of the smaller minority of hard core veterans.

* increased drop chances for some mods

DE do continue to use the playtest server system and listening to feedback from live testing.

You're definitely moving in the right direction.

Great work 🙂

1 hour ago, XXELENT said:

Lol. Seriously had to test this because I never use that shield and it seemed so ridiculous. Thankfully it IS ridiculous because that is NOT how it works. Doesn't drain your energy (with doesn't exist in RJ. Flux it is. Even tho it weirdly still says "Need more energy" when you run out...) at all. Just gives you shields per kill. As described.

Thanks for testing... But they're still pretty bad.

3 hours ago, Reelix said:

I completely agree with you! Fighting a Level 120 Corrupted Heavy Gunner with an unmodded MK1-Braton takes FAR too many bullets! This isn't difficulty - It's a bullet sponge! I vote that we remove 80% health and armor from all enemies above Level 30 so that an unmodded MK1-Braton is a viable end-game weapon.

That is a false dichotomy and you know it. There is a whole spectrum in between the current state of enemy scaling and the previous one. They have just not struck the "right" balance yet, and I put that in quotes because that is still subjective.

Good news first:

THANK YOU a thousand times for fixing Garuda's talons in Railjack! I can finally play my queen again in a very much improved version of Railjack! Thank you for that! 😘

Now, about those bad news (that I am sure you are already aware of):

The Successor skin (Tennogen) is still bugged. 

• The custom claws included with it still don't work/show up in Railjack, they keep their default, standard look.
  • If you do decide to equip a melee weapon on Garuda (Blasphemy, I know! I would have never done it if I didn't have to because of ... you know.), this still happens:

BIG thank you again for that Garuda fix! Very much appreciated! I will kill some Grineer with Garuda in your honor ... and in honor of the blood gods, of course. 😄

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  •  

Archwing Launcher Changes:
We have reverted our recent changes to the Archwing Launch Blueprint and brought it back to basics for now.

• The Archwing Launcher Blueprint is no longer consumed on use, and will always be available to craft in the Foundry like before mainline. 

Just out of curiosity, when are you going to make it so that the Heavy Weapon Launcher is awarded when you buy a gravimag with plat too? Its currently gated behind huge amounts of fortuna standing and its one of the times where you can plat buy a thing and NOT be able to use it!

Oh look, still no fix for host migration absolutely destroying ongoing RJ mission status.

Every time host migration occurs, various objectives get bugged, reseted without being completable again, access to anomaly is forbidden etc... forcing to quit the mission, wasting time and loots.

No problem, ill continue spamming support with tickets to get the mats and salvage components i should have got.

6 monthes after release, these critacal GAME BREAKING bugs are still around. If its not fixable, at least release a command to check the mission status consistency to help unlock the situation without aborting. Some kind of long overdue super-unstuck.

And while we are talking about the syndromes, why not takle the cause as well, and strip the hosting privilege for those with HIGH QUIT statistic in their profile. They are part of the problem you can't seem to aknowledge and incompetent to resolve.

4 hours ago, Reelix said:

I completely agree with you! Fighting a Level 120 Corrupted Heavy Gunner with an unmodded MK1-Braton takes FAR too many bullets! This isn't difficulty - It's a bullet sponge! I vote that we remove 80% health and armor from all enemies above Level 30 so that an unmodded MK1-Braton is a viable end-game weapon.

*shrugs* The only reason I'm against this is the feeling of progression that is gained when you get better weapons, early game weapons instagib early fodder enemies, endgame weapons instagib endgame fodder enemies, while I cede that health progression is a part of difficulty in that "how long they live represents a part of their danger to you" after a certain level there is no more difficulty offered because you're already mitigating everything they do, and it's just boring putting extra time into shooting the thing, I prefer feeling powerful and the power fantasy due to having properly built my weapons etc, everyone may have a different feeling about what appeals to them, but the newer system most certainly appeals to me more than the older.

3 hours ago, Svenarx said:

It's a global nerf for the exodia contagnion, bow bramma, AMP, arca plasmor (again), ogris... !!! DE only good for nerf !

actually, since friday i've been experiencing red crits with contagion projectile, i know it was a bug, kinda sad they wiped it out (sad) but somehow eidolon huntings weirdly became harder after this small hotfix, or it was intended or they created a bug for the amps

1 hour ago, Udoshi said:

Just out of curiosity, when are you going to make it so that the Heavy Weapon Launcher is awarded when you buy a gravimag with plat too? Its currently gated behind huge amounts of fortuna standing and its one of the times where you can plat buy a thing and NOT be able to use it!

Grind Fortuna, stop complaining and you will be happy again.

(i bought gravimag with plat too but i didnt know whay it was useful for, anyway, if you had Heavy Weapon Launcher you could have taxi to profit-taker, which in my opinion, wouldnt be cool since Eudico gives you an expectation about what is going to happen when you reach final standing in Fortuna and be awarded after heist Number 3 with the Launcher anyway)

4 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Thanks for testing... But they're still pretty bad.

Well, did some more testing and it doesn't drain the energy, but does not put anything into the shields either. Not sure what they do then... So yeah, pretty useless. 😂

Archived