Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 3 — The Glassmaker

[DE]Helen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Kinda wish nightwaves would be scrapped. They didnt fix the problem just changed it. Only thing nightwaves did was extend the period in time in which you could obtain an item and extend the period of time until that item comes back. In essence its no different than the old alert system except now you have to wait longer for the stuff you don't want to go away until it finally cycles to something you do want.
Nightwave cosmetics would do better in the market
Nightwave mods would make better rewards to be placed in current mission types to incentivize playing more diversely
Nightwave stories at least from my perspective and the people I know are uninteresting and not good and a lot of us would rather see development be used elsewhere

All alerts needed was for all the useless rewards to be taken out and replaced with some better options and the rates on certain things like Vauban parts adjusted
Instead the wheel was reinvented into a worse wheel that makes us wait longer to get where we need to go.

• Like 4

Sorry no don't bring back alerts they were terrible if you wanted things you always missed them. Just another form of rng grind horrible for new and casual players. However this format of nightwave story and seasons is obviously to much for the devs to handle in a reasonable time frame. Better to scrap the story and leave the core store and missions earn as you play in place that way no fomo grind for new players. Nightwave as a new player is a improvement from the old alerts slow rng grind and yes i played both systems, and progress is easier with nightwave system. 

Just like everyone else i'm fedup with nora's there glass in yor area it got old 2 months ago when glassmaker should have ended players hit 90 weeks ago even some months the amount of missions needed being far smaller than original idea. While this years messed up with working from home the devs have managed deimos release this shows there making some content and changes to the game. It is a shame they left a dead ended announce in everyones face on a 20 minute reminder (at least you can turn snozze alarms off). 

When glass maker ends we will have 1 to 2 weeks of nothing again unexceptable and no reasonable need, you should have your act together by now devs.

So my suggestion leave the core. Remove the maximum 90cap, turn off the glass until your ready to actually finish the season. Don't have another story unless you have it fully written ready to go from start to finish in a pre set time frame thats announced so we know at the start the finish date. lastly devs be upfront about why you don't want to change the caps and/or restrict  things if theres a problem, players will be less frustrated than silence! 

• Like 2

I wished they would bring back Alerts as random Missions every Hour with deverse randomized Debuffs/Buffs, Tasks or bake Sorties and Nightmare into it as well. Each Mission depending on difficulty grants a specific amount of currency xyz and a fixed store which you can spend your accumulated currency in there. Give it half a year a new update with new S#&$ and you dont need to do scheduled updates which DE isnt able to maintain (same as the other updates, not sure if DE learned from their mistakes)

18 hours ago, Aphelion_Sole said:

Kinda wish nightwaves would be scrapped. They didnt fix the problem just changed it. Only thing nightwaves did was extend the period in time in which you could obtain an item and extend the period of time until that item comes back. In essence its no different than the old alert system except now you have to wait longer for the stuff you don't want to go away until it finally cycles to something you do want.
Nightwave cosmetics would do better in the market
Nightwave mods would make better rewards to be placed in current mission types to incentivize playing more diversely
Nightwave stories at least from my perspective and the people I know are uninteresting and not good and a lot of us would rather see development be used elsewhere

All alerts needed was for all the useless rewards to be taken out and replaced with some better options and the rates on certain things like Vauban parts adjusted
Instead the wheel was reinvented into a worse wheel that makes us wait longer to get where we need to go.

So explain where you'd put nitain farming? NW did fix the issues of the old alert system of needing to be online/lucky to get the nitain alert every 6 hours. NW stories are pretty interesting, we can get vauban parts whenever we want and the system is overall more new player friendly. NW's stories helps to re-affirm any new lore we get while giving us new lore. Hopefully they deliver on the promise of making the older lore from old events viewable via NW. NW is a better version of the alert system and you just look like an old man yelling at clouds cause they became the rain to bless us all as you dislike change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaycemeSwain said:

So explain where you'd put nitain farming? NW did fix the issues of the old alert system of needing to be online/lucky to get the nitain alert every 6 hours. NW stories are pretty interesting, we can get vauban parts whenever we want and the system is overall more new player friendly. NW's stories helps to re-affirm any new lore we get while giving us new lore. Hopefully they deliver on the promise of making the older lore from old events viewable via NW. NW is a better version of the alert system and you just look like an old man yelling at clouds cause they became the rain to bless us all as you dislike change.

Don't get too defensive there, Tex.

3 hours ago, ValinorAtani said:

I wished they would bring back Alerts as random Missions every Hour with deverse randomized Debuffs/Buffs, Tasks or bake Sorties and Nightmare into it as well. Each Mission depending on difficulty grants a specific amount of currency xyz and a fixed store which you can spend your accumulated currency in there. Give it half a year a new update with new S#&$ and you dont need to do scheduled updates which DE isnt able to maintain (same as the other updates, not sure if DE learned from their mistakes)

No to alerts there not casual or new player friendly. 

Yes to random buffs debuffs on mission that would add some fun back into the game.

Yes to rolling sortie rewards into crystal credits to spend in the store. No more unwanted sculptures for weeks on end or endo or the worse a mod drop booster. Player Choice not RNG the shops only missing a few items like rivens and the ever so rare legendary core (never had one drop in game) i would actually do sorties again for guaranteed reasonable reward like credits. Feedup with bad rng luck.

The NW as an alternative to the alert system is too dysfunctional.
In my opinion,It's not NW, there should be a long-lasting alerts (reward:Cred) and a permanent market for using Cred.

Daily Acts:72h Alert (2Cred)
Weekly Acts:168h Alert (7Cred)
Elite Weekly Acts:168h Alert (10Cred)

(It would be nice to have a dedicated node like in GIFT OF THE LOTUS ALERTS)

• Like 1

Dear lord, DE cannot properly pace Nightwave stories at all. Why these things last 5-7 months is beyond me, but whoever is in charge of scheduling & managing the release of this stuff is doing a lackluster job. There's no real reason to be invested in any of these stories, they take way too long to progress & conclude. No amount of "free content" can make up for how hollow Nightwave is as an experience based solely in grinding mundane objectives. All that "worldbuilding" doesn't leave much of an impact on the Origin System, all we've got to show for it are a couple weapons, an assassin beacon for a guy who never spawns normally & a Deimos boss node. These knockoff battle passes should last 4 months at the most, otherwise it overstays its welcome. Seriously, pick up the pace & get this over with already.

• Like 2

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (PS4)camwyn-xenos:

No to alerts there not casual or new player friendly. 

Yes to random buffs debuffs on mission that would add some fun back into the game.

Yes to rolling sortie rewards into crystal credits to spend in the store. No more unwanted sculptures for weeks on end or endo or the worse a mod drop booster. Player Choice not RNG the shops only missing a few items like rivens and the ever so rare legendary core (never had one drop in game) i would actually do sorties again for guaranteed reasonable reward like credits. Feedup with bad rng luck.

You should try to read it again.

What do we have now? 1 Hour per Week to do the Nightwave on Monday? At least with Alerts I had an incentive to play Warframe (even if I didnt needed anything back then). Logged in and then just: "oh look random Mission overthere. Gonna hop in".

As already written I didnt want the alerts back who dropped cosmetics and stuff directly (like the former did). I just want random Missions on any Tile Set, Task / tied NW-Challenge in it whatever back which are just rotating every x Minutes in several difficulties which you can play for x credits which you can then spend on a fixed creditstore (like the NW Store) which will be updated once or twice a year and consists all things what a new player needs and for higher prices things the so called veterans are looking for (cosmetics, Kuva whatever; those things could be tied to the story and unlocks once you progress through the starchart/story).

Something like, a former Alertmission (10 Rounds Defend this, 5 Rounds do this, Kill a Boss whatever) for newer players which could give a smaller amount of credits (like the 1000 Standing Missions) rotating every 30 min. A "mid-tier challenge" like kill 1500 Enemies etc. etc. etc. could give 2500 Standing and rotates every hour and "high-tier challenges" like 30 Minutes Kuva / Arbi Missions / Missions of "Sortilevel-difficulty" which could give 5000 Standing rotating every 2 hours. Cap then the Standing to 10k (or whatever would work to not triggering fomo) a day. So that a no lifer couldnt grind the S#&$ out of it.

Accumalate the Standing to max 200k. One Potato/Slots could be sold then by 200k only. Aura Mods could be worth of 1000 Standing etc. etc. Nightmare mods could be worth 2 or 3 day of accumalating standing, whatever would suite it better and so one.

Heck they could even add once a year a Warframeslot and 3 Weaponsslots in Stock for Standing but only buyable twice a year to not canabalize their slots sales. So we could buy then 2 WF Slots and 6 Weaponslots pear year, same as NW offers (if it would be done probably and not this S#&$ show we have right now with 1 Year Season 3 or may it be 2 years at the speed of DE). #*!%, they could even sell those Faction Standing Tokens, Kuva, Rivens, cheap Bronce Arcanes for a reasonable price which doesnt destroy their platsales if they gonna do it right (which I have doubt that we will see any polished content releases anyway).

So much Potential. Just wasted as usual.

Edited by ValinorAtani

15 hours ago, JaycemeSwain said:

Nightwave Nitain farming is about as easy as old Nitain farming is, The end total result over a month of doing either is about the same amount. People just think its better cuz you get a large an instant rather than over a period of time, when in fact the average time is the same.

New system is not new player friendly, most new players wont understand or be able to do most of the challenges, which are kinda required to get the currency to use on the shop. As somebody who introduced and ran a new player through both systems the alert system was much easier for the newer player to understand and obtain what they needed from. Also each of the Nightwave's mission gimmicks only hinder new player experience by forcing newer players to deal with systems that we veteran players already find annoying in the first place.

Also, yes I do dislike change, when the change is unnecessary, doesn't fix the problems, and just adds more than there was before.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ValinorAtani said:

You should try to read it again 

You said i wish they would bring back alerts as random mission ever hour 

My reply to that part of your statement was no to alerts as there not new player or casual player friendly. 

It wasn't in totally disagreed with all your statement, more i do not feel alerts system is a good tool to to deliver reasonable results, which is why de moved away from them in this first place. The main problem with alerts compaired to nightwave is not mission duration/player time, But the irl timing, yes we do 1 hr a week say however long it takes us on nightwave tasks but you can do that irl whenever suits you. Alerts are set by DE at eastern standard time and if they run as you suggest 1 hourly a lot players will never be on at the appointed time.

Under the nightwave system you can if you choice belt out 3xy mission or 1xy, 1xw missions etc how and when is player chose's, and with catch up you can play other things or do real life things and still benefit and progress in nightwave. 

How can you achieve freedom for player choice and catchup with random 1hr alerts system?

I'm all for less RNG in warframe, unwanted rewards aren't liked or rewarding neither is grind without proper reward, as others have said in various threads warframe grind is like having a second job, which a game should never be.

So yes to some form of standardized standing/credit system with a vendor system for (thinking rewards rework big) the whole game. Nightwave, sortie, bountys, normal mission reward, daily login resources 800days+, steel path missions. I'm hesitantly going to leave out fissures and liches, because some rng is needed and because fissures are linked to de income  

I think Night wave is the tip of a big iceberg of problems with rewards and warframe grind! To many syndicates, rewards pools, drop tables that Don't drop rewards, and probably game coding that if simplified may be less buggy, more enjoyable. And hopefully more fun because players feel rewarded, which is why we play games.

Well, since Nekros did a number on this thread, I'm just going to say that in the months since Season 3 started... I really want off of Nihil's Wild Ride now, because there's nothing more irritating than trying to do an intense Iso Vault on Deimos (or Lich Murmurs) and hearing "Hold up, detecting glass resonance..." for the umpteenth time. I don't have voice chat enabled, but I can imagine the others in my squad groaning/facepalming like I do. 

Nightwave is a good concept, but the pacing really needs to be worked on, much less spawn points for things that tie into Nightwave. For S4, please consider having NW spawns disabled in things like Open World bounties and/or Kuva Lich nodes, I beg you! D;

• Like 4

the issue is that Nightwave replace the alert system when it was supposed to be an overhaul the mission challenge system, but ended up replacing alerts, and it doesn't work, and that's not even taking the delays into account.

so how about this:

-hourly alerts for lesser resources (pretty much needed for new player, NW really damages the new player experience), mostly low level (1~25)

-daily (or 36h) alerts for rare ressources (orokin cells, cat DNA,, oxium, nitain...) and MR items, more of an end of starchart level (25~40)

-weekly alerts for cosmetics and potatoes, around sortie levels (40~100)

THERE, you can even keep nightwave as a story background as planned (just without the tokens and shop) and that fixes the salt of missing something you want/need as long as you show up nearly everyday.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TheLordOmega2 said:

the issue is that Nightwave replace the alert system when it was supposed to be an overhaul the mission challenge system, but ended up replacing alerts, and it doesn't work, and that's not even taking the delays into account.

so how about this:

-hourly alerts for lesser resources (pretty much needed for new player, NW really damages the new player experience), mostly low level (1~25)

-daily (or 36h) alerts for rare ressources (orokin cells, cat DNA,, oxium, nitain...) and MR items, more of an end of starchart level (25~40)

-weekly alerts for cosmetics and potatoes, around sortie levels (40~100)

THERE, you can even keep nightwave as a story background as planned (just without the tokens and shop) and that fixes the salt of missing something you want/need as long as you show up nearly everyday.

leonardo dicaprio clapping GIF by The Academy Awards

Good suggestion!

Edited by Leqesai

I started playing this game a few months ago. NW never bothered me. Got to rank 90 no issue. What's the issue for new players again?

You know I think you're confused. All the issues vet players bring up on these forums are only issues if you've been playing this game for 5 years.

Edited by RazerXPrime
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

I started playing this game a few months ago. NW never bothered me. Got to rank 90 no issue. What's the issue for new players again?

You know I think you're confused. All the issues vet players bring up on these forums are only issues if you've been playing this game for 5 years.

You know, this is why veterans get to hating newer players.  People who cannot see the nose past their face, and act like entitled jerks because they don't know any better.

Let me explain to you why you're being a more entitled and whiny person than anyone you claim to be entitled.

We've gotten a total of 5 Nightwave chapters in about three years.  That is to say almost 3 chapters and two intermissions.  The system replaced was the alert system.  The reason that the alerts "had to be replaced" was because they were "a relic from a different time."  That's all DE, not my words.

Now, what was promised as a replacement?  Well, they'd be copying what Fortnite and similar games were doing, and that was a season pass system.  How does that work?  Well, you string smaller daily an larger goals together to accumulate points, points unlock rewards, and if they've planned things out you can earn all of the rewards with some wiggle room in a defined and rigid "season" time period.  That sounds great, right?  I mean, the only way you could screw this up is by dragging out the season for an indeterminate amount of time, so that the rewards effectively could not be earned....oh, right.  That's what DE did with season 1, then they had weeks with nothing, then they introduced the intermission, which was not a defined length, before finally doing season 2, another huge and undefined intermission, started season 3 on track for one segment every 4 weeks, and have officially gotten to the last segment with way more than 4 weeks and no end date in sight.  

So, let's look at the rewards.  I'll ballpark this out, so we can simply understand the setup.  The Alert system could have literal months where you wouldn't earn a reactor, catalyst, Vauban part, or other things because they only lasted for a couple of hours at most.  If that alert happened while you were asleep too bad for you.  Theoretically then the season model could offer much better rewards, that you choose.  That is until you lose access to all cosmetics, most aura mods, and most importantly Nitain.  They took away the randomness of things, but the truth is that they also decreased your rewards by giving you the illusion of complete choice.

For veterans the choice is to get the meager new cosmetics, or the catalyst/reactor.  Everything else is repeated, so completing the challenges becomes a joke.  For new players you've either got the ability to purchase necessary aura mods, items for mastery rank, or cosmetics.  That very limited quantity of event credits can quickly be expended, and because it's on an unknown duration you're simply out of luck.  Yes, it is choice.  Despite this choice it's less rewards period.

Now, is the above OK.  No.  If DE dedicated people to this and it was a set length it would be fine.  They don't.  DE took a system that wasn't broken, and fixed it such that it was beholden to their bass-ackwards release schedule inconsistency.  That's hooking a brand new wagon up to a horse with a leg you know is broken, and being utterly surprised when you don't suddenly have a better experience in this new wagon.

So, let me give this to you in a sentence because most people who lack any ability to understand others need TL;DR.  Nightwave is less rewards, hidden behind the illusion of choice, and because of DE's failings they drag on for too long.

If you missed the point, explain how the dumpster fire of Fallout 76 managed to get this right.  Release content, have an end date, make everything rewarding, so people come back.  Alternatively, release with no end date.  Have people grind until they get the one unique non-cosmetic, then disregard because the work to reward ratio sucks (that's umbra forma BTW).  Bethesda is a flaming dumpster fire, and managed to understand this better than DE.  That's comically depressing, and points to DE having ambition but no planning or management skills.  They broke something already working, then fixed it to be worse.

Let me catalog the alternatives I've heard proposed, as high level thoughts.

-Galleon/Corpus treasure ship weekly missions to replace the alerts for large reward caches.

-Longer duration alerts, with more rewards, but less of them.

-Hourly alerts, instead of completely RNG scattershot.

-Alerts rewarding tokens to allow you to purchase what you want from a new vendor.

-Alerts not offering garbage rewards.  That's credits, common resources, and the like.  The idea here being less of a pool of stuff, so more of them are rewarding.

-Relic like rewards from alerts.  You could make them radiant, and open them like Engrams in Destiny.  This way it's all rewarding, but you don't have to be time bound.

Fill in your own ideas, but the truth here is that Nightwave is not better than alerts.  It's different, and would have been worth overlooking, but the issue is weeks upon weeks of thumb twiddling for no rewards....which is what we were promised to have when the alert rewards were removed.

• Like 13

Wow resorting to petty insults is really helping your point. Look NW isn't perfect. It's not the best reward system. Also. I don't care, because unlike you I'm not actually entitled. It's funny though that you threw the word entitled towards me, when you're the only one acting like it. But perhaps if you throw more insults my way it may make your experience with the game better. I do enjoy coming here on the forums looking at how sour people become because of themselves.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RazerXPrime said:

Wow resorting to petty insults is really helping your point. Look NW isn't perfect. It's not the best reward system. Also. I don't care, because unlike you I'm not actually entitled. It's funny though that you threw the word entitled towards me, when you're the only one acting like it. But perhaps if you throw more insults my way it may make your experience with the game better. I do enjoy coming here on the forums looking at how sour people become because of themselves.

I can't tell if you understand the term irony, or you're trolling.  Let me quote you.

"Love it when children complain. Do go on."

It's almost like when you start a conversation being entitled, people will treat you like an entitled jerk.  For reference, if you had started with "Hey, I'm new and I think the Nightwave is a rewarding system."  We could have had a conversation.  I could have pointed out the flaws, you could have pointed out why alerts were flawed, and this could have been a forum for discussion.  Instead, I respond in kind to your own words.

Now, let me offer you one last bit of stupidity.  You believe there's no middle ground between love and hate for Nightwave....but obviously didn't read.  I stated a NIghtwave with rigid time frame would be acceptable, if not great.  That's a thing I said.  The issue here is you have no grey.  It's black, or it's white.  That's a terribly stupid thing.

It's even more frustrating when DE tacitly admits that Nightwave is horribly flawed, with the bi-weekly alerts they put out after developer streams, for events, and really any time that they want people to engage with the game.

Of course I must just be angry and butt-hurt.  Maybe you could construct a better strawman....or heaven forbid, show the respect you believe that you deserve.  That might be a little much, but when you decide to do so I'll gladly offer that respect back.  Until then, those that start the conversation with insults deserve to be dismissed with insults of equal voracity and vigor.

• Like 6