Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glassmaker... another "haha, lets make stuff random and dont explain anything"

WingR84

There's literally an in-game tooltip that explains what you need to do. It's literally the first day, there's 5 chapters and you can probably expect 2-3 weeks between each chapter - exactly like the previous 2.

Just chill.

iLGfUNh.png

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Kokomala said:

There's literally an in-game tooltip that explains what you need to do. It's literally the first day, there's 5 chapters and you can probably expect 2-3 weeks between each chapter - exactly like the previous 2.

Just chill.

You may have all the time in the world but not everyone does

I don't want to spend time farming all day because Glass fissures won't spawn for some reason to then get one attempt to maybe win

EDIT: The image you show doesn't tell us about the memory puzzle whatsoever btw

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Kokomala said:

Just chill.

iLGfUNh.png

The comment isn't on not knowing what to do to get into the Weave. It's about not knowing what to do to get Battle Cephalites to spawn. They just appear random hurr-durr with no indication from DE of whether they're on a global timer, a personal timer, a random chance, or what.

Like God damnit just tell me how to make the things spawn so I can actually do this quest instead of wasting hours of my time randomly running around like a chicken with my head cut off. 😐

And then you finally get all the shards and do the memory puzzle and get instantly kicked out of it and told to do all that farming again with no feedback of what causes it.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, 32768 said:

Oh yeah, Shedu was jamming right? Haha. 1000 ducats, farm time-gated sentients, 24 hours to build or rush with plat, then get jamming rifle. Good stuff. Maaan, that must sucked. Good thing they fixed it, yeah they need to fix stuff they make very often.

I'm reporting and contributing when there are bugs in the game. When I see one of these bugs, I grab pencil and paper making a fair annotation. Could be texture alignment, 3d model being out of place, engines not aligning with the Caballero skin of the Rail Jack and so on. 

We are responsible for the game health too. If I do nothing then I can't open my mouth demanding for perfect quality. It is not going to happen. A society should be based on contribution, cooperation and help. If we deviate from this principle we get into complications. 

With all honesty I would love to know about game design and 3d modeling more. At least youtube provide a dozen of references and there are available books on the subject. However for some odd reason their design process is way too fast for the amount of consumption we pose as their customers. This has been the norm for seven years. 

Their GAAS f2p game posses new challenges in game design moreover when the whole game is based on internet code and online gaming. This game is a FULL online experience and the coordination of a full online game should be compatible with full SOLO gaming. That alone is a hard challenge on itself.

Do you know how hard game design is? Have you seen DE offices. They are comfortable because those people DWELLS there day and night figuring out how to solve problem for us so the show continues on. 

But it also sucks to tell people that i'm not going to do new event for first week or two, this must be disappointing for DE and leaves all the folks playing alone with the bugs. Although this usually works, i didn't play that Spear event for the first week and i managed to skip a lot of frustration related to it. But, in my opinion, it would be much better if no one would be frustrated in the first place, or at least less people would be frustrated.

Patience. We need to learnt the virtue of patience. Games updates are not things you do in just 24 hours, moreover when you have to pour in 3d models, animations, motion capture, writing dialogues and writing development. Again, doing games is almost complex as making movies. 

Edited by Felsagger
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kokomala said:

iLGfUNh.png

Thank you. People need to simply READ. Yes, read and of course USE their brains. 

• Like 3

i've done enough missions to complete every single one of the nightwave missions so far this week. still not a single cephalite resonance. only got the nora speech about the glass spawns once a couple of days ago, couldn't find the glass orb or glassed mobs and that's been it. no more since. i'm not so worried about the nightwave rewards, but i can't progress on the glassmaker "story" content.

DE gave us false hope with railjack revisited. made us think that they were getting back on track but they're back to their crappy and buggy rng design. i was one of those who couldn't spawn kuva liches for about three weeks till they fixed the bug, and now, same as then, nobody is clarifying whether it is intentional that these glass orbs spawn in random missions or are supposed to consistently appear all the time. i'm not spending a single penny on this game anymore. just gonna log in, do the minimum for whatever event freebies are there and log out.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

"Use the evidence to navigate the mysterious Glassmaker's Weave for clues about the killer."

Need some glasses there buddy.

I totally know what the Glassmaker's Weave is before going in it, & I also totally know what I need to do in it, of course

• Like 2

Honestly as long the glassed enemies spawn much more frequently I will be cool.
Failure is absolutely ok, but don't put the quiz on a timer, or punish players who fall off.

If the glasser really spawns, just turn the entire mission into a glass missions, so we can farm it up.
Or if they are going to remain these few spawns, increase their drop amount.

Edited by fatpig84
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

The comment isn't on not knowing what to do to get into the Weave. It's about not knowing what to do to get Battle Cephalites to spawn. They just appear random hurr-durr with no indication from DE of whether they're on a global timer, a personal timer, a random chance, or what.

Like God damnit just tell me how to make the things spawn so I can actually do this quest instead of wasting hours of my time randomly running around like a chicken with my head cut off. 😐

And then you finally get all the shards and do the memory puzzle and get instantly kicked out of it and told to do all that farming again with no feedback of what causes it.

It's a random spawn. Random spawns tend to be on some sort of chance timer in this game, so if you're doing missions in under 5 mins you'll normally miss them. Go do an endless for a bit, or a longer exterminate and you'll see them spawn more often. And if the last 2 nightwaves were anything to go by, event spawns sped up as weeks go by.

If it's a global spawn timer for everyone at once, then best to do missions in 5-15 duration lengths.

In any case it's not something you can really rush. Stop freaking out. It's day 1.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fatpig84 said:

If the glasser really spawns, just turn the entire mission into a glass missions, so we can farm it up.

Also make Cephalite 100% drop, because got glass drift with 150 standing but only 3 cephalite 

• Like 1

Just now, Kokomala said:

It's a random spawn. Random spawns tend to be on some sort of chance timer in this game, so if you're doing missions in under 5 mins you'll normally miss them. Go do an endless for a bit, or a longer exterminate and you'll see them spawn more often. And if the last 2 nightwaves were anything to go by, event spawns sped up as weeks go by.

If it's a global spawn timer for everyone at once, then best to do missions in 5-15 duration lengths.

In any case it's not something you can really rush. Stop freaking out. It's day 1.

I did defence for 2 hours straight no spawn. Did a bunch of mobile defence syndicate missions, only one spawn and was at the very end literally as I was extracting.

And then had one spawn while I was fishing in Orb with no enemies around...

I eventually did get the drops, but I don't know where you get it's on a 25 minute timer for everyone because that's demonstrably false.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Shy0 said:

i've done enough missions to complete every single one of the nightwave missions so far this week. still not a single cephalite resonance. only got the nora speech about the glass spawns once a couple of days ago, couldn't find the glass orb or glassed mobs and that's been it.

DE is aware that we Veterans are voracious vultures. Hence this is why their probability chance tables are uncanny. If DE let us do the whole NW without the TIME GATES and Probability GATES we would have finished this content in just four hours. 

Do you know how much time it takes to produce content like this? 

no more since. i'm not so worried about the nightwave rewards, but i can't progress on the glassmaker "story" content.

They learned from the previous NW. We broke those in half in a matter of days. 

DE gave us false hope with railjack revisited. made us think that they were getting back on track but they're back to their crappy and buggy rng design.

"Hey DE, this man wants to try what game design is". "How about if we let him get an opportunity", "Give this man a chair, a mouse and PC"....

/s

i was one of those who couldn't spawn kuva liches for about three weeks till they fixed the bug, and now, same as then, nobody is clarifying whether it is intentional that these glass orbs spawn in random missions or are supposed to consistently appear all the time. i'm not spending a single penny on this game anymore. just gonna log in, do the minimum for whatever event freebies are there and log out.

Yes, you are free to do anything you want. But whining about game design doesn't solve anything if you are not contributing. It is easy to get angry at the wrong man, it is very hard to get mad at the right one for the right reasons. I have other games to appease my needs but this time the puzzle approach and the wittiness that DE tried on NW worth my time. I'm going to applaud and point out when DE does something right. 

• Like 2

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Felsagger:

- Snip -

Mostly I agree with you especially on a general society level that something changed drastically in the past few years.

Regarding DE I think they've done alot to fuel this behaviour with their stubborness by themselves. I mean look at the Vacuum for Pets and many others. This are those little QoL things to improve the game and how long did the playerbase had to argue, cry etc. to get those tiny QoL improvements? No wonder that some players are at the end of their patience with DE (me included).

I would agree that their designers may it the graphical ones or sound, Community Team etc. didnt deserve the backlash they are getting. Unfortunately its the same company. My personal bet would that the ingame economic, ingame progression and the resently attached RNG-Hell to it is the most upset factor for most of the players here and the technical issues with the patches as well. And to be honest the latest updates were definitely a disaster technicwise even if they tried something to achieve. I mean look at Scarlet Spear. How much Hotfixes did it get? 16, 17? Or Railjack, same issues from the start.

Regarding the comparable thing with other Studios. Guerillia Games has only 338 employees (latest linked.in overview I found for them). From Software is below 300 and SMS has round about 250. So those are comparable with DE. There will always be comparisons and DE has to accept this if they want it or not. Only exception would be Rockstar yeah, but to be honest here, even if somebody doesnt like their games, we had to admit that they arent comparable in the games industry right now in regards of polishing, detailed world etc. But yes their employees are paying it with their social life to achieve it.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

That's not communism that's a dictatorship. Or at very least authoritarianism.

A lot of dictatorships try to pass themselves off as communist, but that doesn't make them communist.

China also says they're democratic. Yet they haven't had a meaningful vote of the people since what... 1927 when they established the one party state?

Just because you say you're something doesn't mean you are.

Ok fair but the main point is they don’t have free speech like America or some other countries 

2 minutes ago, Shy0 said:

nobody is clarifying whether it is intentional that these glass orbs spawn in random missions or are supposed to consistently appear all the time.

Your tepid ranting aside. They do not spawn in ESO or Void Fissures Missions. The Glass Fissures operate on the same mechanic and don't overlap. So far I have had them spawn in Open World, Void Survival, and a Syndicate Rescue. In Orb Vallis I was literally doing my weekly fishing and they started popping out of nowhere on top of me. They hunt you down in my personal experience. 

You and so many others are so starved for content that you want to gobble it up in a day and have convinced yourself it cant be done any other way this entire thread is a testament to that very fact. Nightwave is such a small thing DE's entire dev schedule is in the air, even FFXIV content is delayed due to the events occuring in the world right now and that is beyond our control. They do not have access to their studio facilities, and in the interim they have given us Railjack revisited and cleaned the glass as best they could with the tools at home to give us something because they are stuck between two distinct modes of thought concerning content quality and content drought which is only exasperated by the worlds situation. 

Warframe was never a game to hold anyone's hand, and that is what made me fall in love with it. I earned everything, I worked for everything, there were warm welcoming people every step of the way in chat, in missions, and in my clan at the time. I learned nearly everything from others in this community or by experiment. This preconceived notion that a game must deliver every aspect of itself is absurd. Ask chat, ask a partner discord, ask friends in the game, and ask the forums but given many responses in this thread the forums would be the last place I would ask. 

Further it is a murder mystery there will be puzzles, wild goose chases, and confounding moments as any good mystery should. In just the little bit I have done I have feels of the works of Agatha Christie, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, John le Carré, and Rex Stout just to name a few and I intend to savior it as much as possible. I have been working near every day for the last three months dealing with front lines in this epidemic and even I can come home and spend the little time needed to get the components to complete chapter one, the cognitive capacity required to inquire about the puzzles without spoilers, and plan a course of action that will allow me to logistically plan my limited time to get this done at my pace.

You gave yourself false hope by setting the expectations so high while having full knowledge of how DE builds content that you can't be anything other than disappointed by it, and for that I pity you, I truly pity you. I hope you will find a game that is rewarding in your eyes once again as we are all here to have fun and enjoy our time spent. Find something that will make you happy, life is too short a story to be what you are now. Be well. 

-M

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WingR84 said:

- Normal relics need a "ok" mission like excavation or survival (srsly.. who uses spy or mobile defence to open relics? even normal defence is a pain most of the time)

I use Relic Mobile Defense when I get a daily reward Affinity Booster. I go grab a weapon or 3 that I have been waiting on, Forma a frame I have been waiting on, Forma a Pet I have been waiting on, then go do 3-5 Mobile Defense missions for the crazy amount of affinity they give. Usually this also corresponds to a Nightwave task of "Do 3 Mobile Defense Missions"... so I kill one more bird and do a Relic while I'm at it. (But, if I don't need affinity, I don't do them. Ever.)

vor 31 Minuten schrieb Felsagger:

We are responsible for the game health too. If I do nothing then I can't open my mouth demanding for perfect quality. It is not going to happen. A society should be based on contribution, cooperation and help. If we deviate from this principle we get into complications. 

Based on the existing model of capitalism we have right now (which I'm not a fan btw) we're not even close of responsibility. DE decided to offer a product to the customers. It was and will still their choice to do so. Yes we have no right to ask for anything if we're not paying. But if the product want to be sucessful it had to achieve a minimum standard which of course is different for every player regarding warframe. They just have to find the majority of it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WingR84 said:

Part 2) The fact that it spawned those glass guys 2x made it somehow ok and i got my first 10 glass.
Thanks to a youtube video i did know that i had to find the 5 clues and wrote them down.

Part 3) I go inside using 10 of my 12 glass.... "talk talk talk"... how does this work?.... TIMER STARTS... *OMG, panic.. running in circles".
FINALLY a platform to jump on... i better dont lose any more time.... AAAAAAND IT WAS THE WRONG ONE.... i thought i would have to pick after i jumped on the first platform... 10 glass down

So wait, you knew there was going to be a quiz, and you still guessed randomly?

• Like 2

I am very pissed at the moment at the means to acquire the resonance (25 minute time gates? seriously? you guys just stopped the anomaly behaving that way),

If it is really time gated and not a bug i am gonna be really disappointed.

I am willing to give it some time , probably will have more spawns as the NW progresses.

Lets hope.

vor 27 Minuten schrieb Felsagger:

DE is aware that we Veterans are voracious vultures. Hence this is why their probability chance tables are uncanny. If DE let us do the whole NW without the TIME GATES and Probability GATES we would have finished this content in just four hours. 

Do you know how much time it takes to produce content like this? 

I mean its not the problem of the players. Its the design of NW itself. I would like to see something like Mythic + as in WoW for each Mission. I mean we could sacrifice even Relics to pimp our missions for more enemies, hazardous environment. That would way more self sustainable that a timegated event. More Sandbox with own goals please instead of one and done mission objectives.

• Like 1

vor 13 Minuten schrieb TARINunit9:

So wait, you knew there was going to be a quiz, and you still guessed randomly?

I started the thing and was trying to understand what the game wants me to do.

Yes, i did know that i have to jump at some point and to a quiz this way... but i didnt know when it will start and how to do it.
At the start of the level i didnt saw any choises and was just running in cicles on the little island, looking for what i have to do next.
As someone who played Hearthstone in the past... the moment i saw the timer i thought that i'm "late" and have to jump to start the questions, because that is what warframe does when you enter Elite Sanctuary Onslaught and dont enter the portal to the first room where the enemys spawn.

I really thought that i'm in a "save zone" and that i have to do something to make the options appear, because i couldnt see them for the first 5-10 seconds

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WingR84 said:

Yes, i did know that i have to jump at some point and to a quiz this way... but i didnt know when it will start and how to do it.
At the start of the level i didnt saw any choises and was just running in cicles on the little island, looking for what i have to do next.
As someone who played Hearthstone in the past... the moment i saw the timer i thought that i'm "late" and have to jump to start the questions, because that is what warframe does when you enter Elite Sanctuary Onslaught and dont enter the portal to the first room where the enemys spawn.

I really thought that i'm in a "save zone" and that i have to do something to make the options appear, because i couldnt see them for the first 5-10 seconds

And people wonder why we use YouTube turtorials for this crap lmao

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WingR84 said:

The lack of information is outstanding, I thought with Railjack Revisited that things were going up again, guess I was wrong

• Like 3