Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get Void farming for primes back?

Farming for primes is MUCH easier, the relic system isnt perfect but it's easier to farm for Prime gear. 

Although with that: those 1 hour runs in the void are missed. What they should do is add incentives for staying longer. 

That's the fix that's really needed, if any fix at all. 

• Like 3

I wouldn't mind this to be an option. Never played during those days of farming and kind of want to try it. While yeah, people say it's easier now. I'm still curious about how it used to be.

5 minutes ago, --Brandt-- said:

I'm still curious about how it used to be.

You had like 10 different parts on Rot C. So if you wanted an Ember Prime BP you had to use a T4 Void Key Defense (like Axi now) and go for 20 minutes...then 1 of 10 items did drop....so it was diluted af

The only real advantage was: you only had to use 1 Key and could go for hours and also invite ppl who didn't have to use their keys

edit: found an old image...look at that sweet Wave 10 reward!!

Gr2ztxm.jpg

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
  • Like 7

i feel like the OP doesnt even care about the system, they just want more prime parts per run lol

yes farming traces once you run out is kinda crappy, i also have a personal issue with the fact that the rare items drop 100% more often, if you dont even bother upgrading the relic, i feel like this part of relics is busted

as other explained the old drop tables were a problem having items besides prime parts for certain rotations in endless missions but i believe that was to counter act the fact that 1 person could use 1 survival key in a full group, they could stay for hours and everyone got prime stuff and lots of it

but then youd see even more threads about afk ppl or people looking to be cared in general

ppl doing those old long 3 or 4 hour survival runs in the void for prime parts is also why we now have an automated system that bans your account if it deems you stayed in a mission to long or got to many rewards to fast (system is assuming you cheated as many of those older players found a way to glitch out and be invincible, altho a 3 or 4 hours survival run in the void wasnt impossible or hard, i did a 3 hour 1 atleast once in my accounts history, with no glitches needed just old school greedy pull mag that affected everyones loot, nekros, volt, and trinity or a damage frame and energy pads)

Nah, I'm good, dude. I had my fair share of sitting in defense for 20 (40, 60 etc.) waves hoping to get that one digit dropchance item from rotation C (I think it was an Ash part). I'm nobody, I guess.

The Dude GIF by memecandy

Edited by (PS4)Deeceem
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tokens210 said:

i feel like the OP doesnt even care about the system, they just want more prime parts per run lol

yes farming traces once you run out is kinda crappy, i also have a personal issue with the fact that the rare items drop 100% more often, if you dont even bother upgrading the relic, i feel like this part of relics is busted

as other explained the old drop tables were a problem having items besides prime parts for certain rotations in endless missions but i believe that was to counter act the fact that 1 person could use 1 survival key in a full group, they could stay for hours and everyone got prime stuff and lots of it

but then youd see even more threads about afk ppl or people looking to be cared in general

ppl doing those old long 3 or 4 hour survival runs in the void for prime parts is also why we now have an automated system that bans your account if it deems you stayed in a mission to long or got to many rewards to fast (system is assuming you cheated as many of those older players found a way to glitch out and be invincible, altho a 3 or 4 hours survival run in the void wasnt impossible or hard, i did a 3 hour 1 atleast once in my accounts history, with no glitches needed just old school greedy pull mag that affected everyones loot, nekros, volt, and trinity or a damage frame and energy pads)

Given the fact their account as of me writing this isent even two hours old, and the following being in off topic..

I think we can safely conclude that they were just here to agitate. Just sayin.

• Like 3

vor 41 Minuten schrieb --Brandt--:

I wouldn't mind this to be an option. Never played during those days of farming and kind of want to try it. While yeah, people say it's easier now. I'm still curious about how it used to be.

You can do that right now. Start a void defense or survival and sit there for 60+ waves or minutes and imagine getting a bronze prime part every 5 waves or minutes. That's basically what it was. You could roll a D100 every rotation with like 1 - 70 being a bronze part, 71 - 90 being a silver one and 91 - 100 being a gold one. No choice what to take whatsoever. Mind you that void keys had other void keys as a reward on them as well if I recall correctly. Basically you'd get a relic out of a relic.

Edited by (PS4)Deeceem
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)PraiseMrBigMac said:

The relic system is boring as F*** and nobody enjoys it. The void was the most fun part about this game.

Except most people apparently love to have to stop, search and wait to collect reactants and spam capture missions with radshares to be done with a whole prime access within 1 or 2 days.

Instead of just fixing the void drop tables, we did get this. And when we did get it, lots of players actually did quit Warframe because of it. Whole german region basically empty since Specters of the Rail. But what do i know xD

• Like 1

The relic system is boring as F*** and nobody enjoys it.

I find it engaging and enjoyable because of the control it gives the players.

The void was the most fun part about this game.

The only reason I would agree with this is due to how easy it was to gain parts for resale.  Beyond that, the only unique thing about the Void is the challenge rooms.

• Like 5