Digital Extremes Statement + Livestreams

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Context is important for the individuals on the team being absent from livestreams that we promote within our forums. 

It definitely is, and I completely understand the sentiment here. However, I just cannot agree with this being posted on the Warframe Forums.

Unfortunately, this entire thread is tantamount to posting in the news console in-game.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 65
Posted (edited)

This is nice and all and I agree, but I still agree a lot with what Voltage said. Shouldn't this just be a twitter post?

Disclaimer: I fully agree with what reb said but I just think the forums aren't the best place for it

Edited by Captain_Rocket505
  • Like 43
Posted (edited)

Obviously all lives matter, but it's black lives that are having their throats kneed to suffocation, so nobody start clowning in the thread please. Justice for everyone. Some groups just need it a little more urgently. Even as a privileged white guy, I find it concerning on a personal level when justice isn't being meted out as it should be.

DE has the right, as a company, to make whatever statements they want. This shouldn't be a controversial one.

Black Lives Matter. End of story.

Edited by Grav_Starstrider
  • Like 68

The thread itself already showcases some examples of why these kind of things are necessary. Very happy to see you (and not only you) finally take a stance for some of these long ignored social issues.

Thanks for the heads up as always Rebecca, and if possible please try to help spread to all Tenno any and all possible ways we can help.

• Like 34
1 minute ago, Fox_Populi said:

Does this include the toxicity in the partner program? 

Oh no, we do not talk about that one.
Back in the cellar before they fetch the broomstick.

• Like 11

You'll probably be getting a lot of flak for this, as some of the Twitter replies I've read seem to suggest...

Good on you for taking a stand despite that. I hope y'all at DE won't let all these comments from people who don't fully understand the issue get to you. To me, people who dismiss the issue by saying things like "politics don't belong in games" are part of the problem. Politics are pretty widespread in games... Try thinking about what Solaris United is for a minute.

Y'all stay safe and take care.

We All Lift Together.

• Like 39
Posted (edited)

Well done Rebb - Being a New Zealander living in a very multi-cultural society and being married for nearly 30 years in a multi-cultural and multi-race family I find it abhorrent that people still treat others with disregard and contempt because of their race, or colour of their skin.. There are great people in all races and cultures!  Racism sexism and all other "isms" need to be eliminated from society..

I live by a very easy code ..  Dont judge anyone by their looks, judge them by their Deeds.  

AllLivesMatter, 

Edited by -AncientWarrior-
  • Like 26
Posted (edited)

While it's one thing to talk about these things and life is a precious thing we should be trying to do what is right. Using your platform help brings awareness to the more sheltered. Please don't make the mistakes other developers do and flood the game with current events and politics. Most play games to have a moment to relax and not be flood by such things seen on social media, tv, radio, and other places.

Edited by Zelmen
  • Like 14
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Yup  - lots of concerns surrounding Partner conduct, and that is something we are intending to address with the larger program changes that we mentioned earlier this year.

Bless DE if this ends up being a general change from Region Chat, to partners, to moderation, to the forums and so on.

And not only for BLM. Since we're doing it think of how these measures can be applied for everyone, from gender to LGBT and so on. White lives as well, obviously. Something most of us are aware, but I still feel like putting it out there.

It's about everyone without exception, and making Warframe as a game even more welcoming than it already is for all parties involved. Let's say no to hate, elitism and all forms of social abuse that might make people feel less than what they are worth.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 21
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Voltage said:

This content is undeniably irrelevant and inappropriate for the Warframe Forums.

32 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

All Lives Matters !

I fully agree with Voltage. Police brutality has nothing to do with Warframe. People die all over the world everyday from injustice, and only now Digital Extremes comes out with a statement?  You guys deff gonna loose some players and fans over this one. This is what Twitter is for.. 

#LivesMatter

Edited by (XB1)YoungGunn82
  • Like 47

Holy crap I actually agree with Voltage and his edit for once.

I imagine for any openly opposed to the riots we'd get silenced by the chat mods though as we do not share the same stance there.

It's a bad situation, and what happened to George Floyd was terrible, but it's quickly gotten out of hand.

• Like 41
3 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

I fully agree with Voltage. Police brutality has nothing to do with Warframe. People die all over the world everyday from injustice, and only now Digital Extremes comes out with a statement?  You guys deff gonna loose some players and fans over this one. This is what Twitter is for.. 

#LivesMatter

First of all, I'm from Morocco, and the exact same thing happened here back in 2016 when "mouhcine fikri" was Crashed to death by a policeman 🙂 the truth is that police brutality is a worldwide Issue and it must be stopped ! Wake up Tenno ! 

• Like 21
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

First of all, I'm from Morocco, and the exact same thing happened here back in 2016 when "mouhcine fikri" was Crashed to death by a policeman 🙂 the truth is that police brutality is a worldwide Issue and it must be stopped ! Wake up Tenno ! 

And yet silence from DE. 

Thats said Its not just a police issue. It's a multifaceted issue. But this is why voting and courts exist in my world. 

Edited by (XB1)YoungGunn82
  • Like 8

Imagine telling DE what they should and shouldn't use THEIR platform for.
If you don't like it just move on, there's absolutely no reason to whine about it.

• Like 24