Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Tasks and why some can't be done

Pendragon1951

37 minutes ago, Kel_Silonius said:

mhm. But in the case of kuva lich kill i would have to do certain taks. Spawn a lich with a specific weapons, which takes ~ 2 hours. Kill that lich that's ~ 2 hrs and half in the worse case scenario. That's a rather boring process.

So skip it, there's enough standing to hit 30 in time. 

Heck, you could even do it as a recovery task in a few weeks if you want. 

I'm mr 29 and I skip some myself. I'm close to rank 25 already on this nw and I refuse to do 3x caches etc... I don't engage with things that can take me more than 15mn. Liches in particular however I do them. It is far from the worst content in the game and as stated above it is not that long. Last month I one tryed a lich in my first mission even, it happens too, it took me litterally less than 10mn to get the weapon, counting the cassini run. On average I'd be surprised if it takes me more than 1 hour and half, wich is pretty good considering the weapons comes crafted.

3 hours ago, Pendragon1951 said:

In a few phases of Nightwave I noticed there were some tasks that could not be done for different reasons, for instance there was the one to kill a Kuva Thrall, which is fine if you have a Lich, but what if you don't have a Lich and don't want another one, thus you can't complete the task. Take also the current one, Kill or Capture a Hydrolyst. The problem with that is you have to go through two other Eidolons to get to the Hydro, but that isn't the main problem, the problem is getting a team to stay for all three and there in lies the problem, either a team gets frustrated and leaves you holding the bag alone against the second one or you just can't find a team. Unfortunately I'm not a player that can do Eidolon hunts alone. I'm just saying I wish they would think these tasks through and all that is involved in completing them.

Bruh if u dont have a lich get invited by someone who does and u kill the thralls. u dont need to start a lich hunt

The profit taker thing tho is an issue. Not everyone can access it so i think thats a big issue. not everyone has time to farm standing i feel like the profit taker should have been like the eidolons were u could do them at an early stage.

Sooo

'I don't want to da a task'='The task can't be done' 

Did I get that raight?

People probably already said this but you don't need to do everything and will get to r30, maybe even r60 since we still have 2/5 scenes unlocked, I am r24 and I think I have done 70% of the tasks.

2 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

Its a rough life, just do what you can and move on. you will still get 30

I am surprised the kill a lich hasnt appeared so far... every single other one has came up except that one.

Istg dont jinx it DE is listening

i have a k-drive and i skipped that.

i can mine and fish for rare gems and fish, i skipped those.

i could help kill the profit taker and go pub but i skipped it instead

i could have killed a thrall but i skipped it instead.

all of this and i am still, STILL level 24.

stop your complaining.

The only challenges that can't be done are those with actually quest/standing requirements while not meeting them, even if you are able to do one locked behind a quest it actually doesn't even complete the challenge even if you technically did do it as the challenge itself stayed locked. Anything else is a don't want to do. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to do everything, and it's hardly a punishment to skip the challenges you absolutely don't want to do unless there's too many of them that you're skipping. I personally have always just skipped some of them due to the lack of punishment for doing so, and there's no real reason to really maximize prestige ranks either.

There's a ton of content in the game, and there are Nightwave weeklies and elite weeklies that are beyond the reasonable grasp of some players.

The first time a Nightwave weekly had brought up railjack, I had no idea what that was. Imagine my surprise when I found out Warframe had a space-fighter section. Likewise, the first time I had NW missions related to 'Kuva' or 'Lua,' I had no idea what those were.

On one hand, Nightwave is basically how I learned about 80% of the game's content. On the other hand, Warframe gives you so little direction that having the little mission kiosk on my ship direct me to activities that I won't be able to tackle for another month or two can be frustrating. Especially when the game lets you attempt something that's well beyond your current level. (Looking at you, Orb Vallis bounties)

Overall, I consider it a net positive.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pendragon1951 said:

In a few phases of Nightwave I noticed there were some tasks that could not be done for different reasons, for instance there was the one to kill a Kuva Thrall, which is fine if you have a Lich, but what if you don't have a Lich and don't want another one, thus you can't complete the task. Take also the current one, Kill or Capture a Hydrolyst. The problem with that is you have to go through two other Eidolons to get to the Hydro, but that isn't the main problem, the problem is getting a team to stay for all three and there in lies the problem, either a team gets frustrated and leaves you holding the bag alone against the second one or you just can't find a team. Unfortunately I'm not a player that can do Eidolon hunts alone. I'm just saying I wish they would think these tasks through and all that is involved in completing them.

I mean the kill a thrall one is 1000 points. Also not all of these are meant for everyone, such as kill the profit taker, that one isnt really noob friendly, but this NW is going to be running for a long time if the current release rates of the acts is any indicator. I will agree it is a problem for very short NWs though such as intermission 1 that was about 10 weeks long which gave a week buffer if you did the vast majority of challenges each week.

10 hours ago, Firetempest said:

They have. That's why you only need to complete about half of all the objectives to reach rank 30. Maybe even less depending on how long this series lasts as it's only part 2 of 5 and the majority are hitting rank 30 next week.

I wouldnt say the majority, a ton of people play NW passively and dont do things that are out of their way to do. Such as vent kid races or 6 perfect captures.

6 hours ago, (PS4)NWOslave said:

i have a k-drive and i skipped that.

i can mine and fish for rare gems and fish, i skipped those.

i could help kill the profit taker and go pub but i skipped it instead

i could have killed a thrall but i skipped it instead.

all of this and i am still, STILL level 24.

stop your complaining.

Why skip the fishing? That's not even close to as RNG based as the gems.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Why skip the fishing? That's not even close to as RNG based as the gems.

because i have more important things to do within the game than fish. yes i have all the bait i know all the spots on cetus and orb valiis but i just didnt want to waste my time on it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pendragon1951 said:

They did.  

Not only can you safely bypass a good portion of the challenges and still complete to tier30, but a good portion you don't even need the side content to participate.  

Kuva Thralls; while you may not have an active Lich of your own, you can join teams and tag along for Kuva missions.

RailJack; yeah, should be obvious by now you can join someone elses RJ even when you don't have one of your own.

Animal Captures; you can have someone else perform the captures and you still get credit as long as you are close by.

There are a lot of work arounds for a lot of the challenges that require specific content, you just have to be willing to see them.  

• Like 1

On 2020-06-18 at 3:31 PM, T-Shark69 said:

I mean if you gonna complain about challenges that cant be done, you couldve said Profit Taker since its locked behind a faction grind that cant be done in a week, but the ones you mentioned you can just get taxied and carried.

Taxi'd/carried, yet just, not less than 2 weeks ago, I asked for hours for an Argon/Void help/taxi and was pretty much told to eff off, do it myself, and directed to the wiki/YT videos on how to get there.

Yes, eventually one kind soul helped. Thanks to him....BUT:

Why now that it involves Nightweave, is everyone OK with taxi/being carried and recommending this??