Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't buy the nightwave potatoes

Richeatue

52 minutes ago, Jemmies said:

Doesn't it come back after a few weeks?

You are assuming everybody is perfectly rational, cares to do the math, has sufficient information, patience, etc. I make between 30-40 plat an aura mod. I expect this will decrease over time just like any gap in the market. A similar example is syndicate mods. Just join a clan and trade with your opposite. No need to ever buy a syndicate weapon or mod, just trade like for like, but every week I'm trading a few mods for 15 plat, including the weapon syndicate mods.

It's not big plat but it keeps me flush with taters. 

The time spent being available for trade is simply time when I can't play anyways. Just keep it on in the background and wait for somebody to chime me while doing something else that I need to be doing. I almost never need to be available for trading when actually playing. 

• Like 1

I'm that odd man out waiting for a potato to forma, or anything useful conversion ability. I think I have something like 24-26 gold potato just sitting around collecting dust. If I was an alchemist I would change them into silver, they may at least get used up someday like that.

Seeing as how the only thing I even remotely want from the cred shop is the potatoes, what else am I going to spend it on?

I already have all the auras. The only alt helm I still need is Gauss', and I have never even seen it show up. I don't use Kuva for anything, because Riven Gambling is stupid. I already have plenty of Nitain from when alerts were just handing it out all the time, and don't build Aura Forma or anything useless like that. And I got all the weapons from alerts like six years ago, back before power creep made them completely worthless.

So, now I just spend all my creds on Potatoes. And because of that, I have such a huge stockpile that I don't even know what to use them on. Spending all my time in game doing pointless "challenges" to earn useless credits to spend on useless items... Nightwave is so much fun...

As someone who occasionally lurkes in trade chat, I can assure "Nobody buys Auras" does not align with reality. Less popular utility auras, like Enemy Radar, Sprint Boost or Loot Detector easely sell for 30p a piece. Steel Charge is always high in demand.
After NW introduction, aura mods trippled their market value, because they are not free give aways as they used to be and compete with other shop items for highly limited currency. Then, there is NW shop rotation schedule - not enough credds to buy an aura, good luck in 5 weeks.

Potatoes are overpriced. Buying Potatoes from NW shop is a newb trap.

10 hours ago, Nesodos said:

Why even buy potatoes when DE drops alerts for them regularly? (+invasions)

Not kidding, I never bought a single potato and still have 40+ BP's each even though i've used them on 1/3rd of my gear (thats about 100 potatoes slotted in weapons)

Well, maybe, that's becasue you are a veteran player, who could stockpile them over time?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (PS4)JohnWickHitman said:

Nope. Haven't had to buy one potato yet, and as stated before, I don't do meta, I play the game WAAAYY different than everyone else. I''ve only needed 6 potato's. Got 3 spares, which I will never use.

You can only use one frame at a time.

Spend any plat on stuff you don't want to grind, ie. mods...

Everything else above one frame is wasted effort/time....

You don't need to play w/ all the frames. You can level w/o them.

Your just in a hurry and want to be "elite/meta" with a ton of trash clogging up your inventory.

I don't....

2 Frames, 2 main weapons, 2 sidearms, 2 melee....

Couple of keys.

Sell everything to ducat or credits....It's useless....

JMO!

Uhh... what are you talking about? Like seriously what does this mean, I feel like my brain's melting reading this.

How is not getting more frames off meta? I don't think you know what meta means...

You can only use one frame at a time sure, but are you going to bring an excal to a 1h kuva run? You going to bring an excal to a 1h arbi defence? Or even a eidolon hunt?

I don't need to play with all of the frames, but I'd damn like to because it's fun. If you don't like that fine, but I do. Everything above one frame is not a waste of time, I assume you don't do anything but starchart missions if you think that. 

I love how you assume I'm in a hurry to be "elite/meta" because I want to use my things to the fullest potential. I honestly don't even know what that means, how is wanting to use a new frame with all of its mods=elite/meta? Also, It's not "trash," if I enjoy using it I enjoy using it, who are you to tell me I shouldn't? 

You're not special for using 2 frames somehow, and you have no reason to act like someone else is ridiculous because they don't limit themselves unnecessarily. Plus, I make somewhere around 300p a week on average, why would I not spend that on something I want to play with?

I'm not selling everything to credits or ducats, that's just flat out dumb.

but JMO

Edited by Richeatue
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ILOHARTA said:

wait, you are not buying Kuva?

Because the kuva exchange is a scam. I've done like what, 4-5 hours of arbis this week, and I've gotten over 60k kuva. It's just not worth the investment, especially since I could get that amount in 2-3 kuva siphons. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Richeatue said:

Because the kuva exchange is a scam. I've done like what, 4-5 hours of arbis this week, and I've gotten over 60k kuva. It's just not worth the investment, especially since I could get that amount in 2-3 kuva siphons. 

Didn't know arbis handed out kuva? Were you thinking endo there because I've yet to see an arbi have anything to do with kuva. 2-3 kuva siphons will not get you 10k kuva, 15 nightwave creds for 10k kuva is a scam?

1 hour ago, Richeatue said:

Uhh... what are you talking about? Like seriously what does this mean, I feel like my brain's melting reading this.

How is not getting more frames off meta? I don't think you know what meta means...

You can only use one frame at a time sure, but are you going to bring an excal to a 1h kuva run? You going to bring an excal to a 1h arbi defence? Or even a eidolon hunt?

I don't need to play with all of the frames, but I'd damn like to because it's fun. If you don't like that fine, but I do. Everything above one frame is not a waste of time, I assume you don't do anything but starchart missions if you think that. 

I love how you assume I'm in a hurry to be "elite/meta" because I want to use my things to the fullest potential. I honestly don't even know what that means, how is wanting to use a new frame with all of its mods=elite/meta? Also, It's not "trash," if I enjoy using it I enjoy using it, who are you to tell me I shouldn't? 

You're not special for using 2 frames somehow, and you have no reason to act like someone else is ridiculous because they don't limit themselves unnecessarily. Plus, I make somewhere around 300p a week on average, why would I not spend that on something I want to play with?

but JMO

Wauw, for someone who is telling people what to do with their NW creds and what/how to trade for you sure get antsy when someone doesnt agree with you. 

Here's my suggestion. Dont listen to Richeatue, run sorties, sell the fotm riven for 1500 plat and hey presto, all the slots an tatoes you ever need. Dont nickle and dime, its inefficient. 

There u go, proper useful advice. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

Didn't know arbis handed out kuva? Were you thinking endo there because I've yet to see an arbi have anything to do with kuva. 2-3 kuva siphons will not get you 10k kuva, 15 nightwave creds for 10k kuva is a scam?

He refers to exchanging Vitus for Kuva, and yes its a scam in NW, if its 15 creds for 10k then I would have hoarded them when I reach prestige rank, but no, it cost 50 creds.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nesodos said:

Not kidding, I never bought a single potato and still have 40+ BP's each even though i've used them on 1/3rd of my gear (thats about 100 potatoes slotted in weapons)

I dont remember when was the last invasion with potato...its much more rare to see this things nowadays.

I miss the old alert system.🙄

• Like 1

Nora doesnt bring the risk of bad plat along with her credits, so I rather buy them straight up from her.

edit: If I wanted to efficiently buy taters and blueberries I'd probably farm something completely different and not NW acts.

Edited by SneakyErvin

Il y a 19 heures, Nesodos a dit :

I couldn't disagree more with you. The reactor/catalysts are one of the steadiest income entries for DE since D1. You are from the vocal minority that connects every day to the game. Most of us take 6 monthes or more breaks then play randomly 2 weeks here or there and for us those are a big deal. Honestly if I drop 3 reactors bps per year it is a miracle.

19 hours ago, Nesodos said:

How is this happening for you? Is it different on pc? In 6 months I’ve seen maybe 5 invasions with potatoes as rewards on ps4. They are incredibly hard to come by for me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, (PS4)JohnWickHitman said:

I will buy one Aura IF anybody had it to spare, as I missed it.

Steel Charge

Otherwise I buy Nitrian every time. The rest is just JUNK!

This is just not true. You need to do some research on aura mods if you think steel charge is the only one worth while. It largely depends on the frame, but steel charge is not always going to be your best option.

13 hours ago, (PS4)JohnWickHitman said:

Nope. Haven't had to buy one potato yet, and as stated before, I don't do meta, I play the game WAAAYY different than everyone else. I''ve only needed 6 potato's. Got 3 spares, which I will never use.

You can only use one frame at a time.

Spend any plat on stuff you don't want to grind, ie. mods...

Everything else above one frame is wasted effort/time....

You don't need to play w/ all the frames. You can level w/o them.

Your just in a hurry and want to be "elite/meta" with a ton of trash clogging up your inventory.

I don't....

2 Frames, 2 main weapons, 2 sidearms, 2 melee....

Couple of keys.

Sell everything to ducat or credits....It's useless....

JMO!

Just because you play the game one way doesn’t mean other people should play it your way, nor does it mean that your way is better.

JMO!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bingotough said:

You are assuming everybody is perfectly rational, cares to do the math, has sufficient information, patience, etc. I make between 30-40 plat an aura mod. I expect this will decrease over time just like any gap in the market. A similar example is syndicate mods. Just join a clan and trade with your opposite. No need to ever buy a syndicate weapon or mod, just trade like for like, but every week I'm trading a few mods for 15 plat, including the weapon syndicate mods.

It's not big plat but it keeps me flush with taters. 

The time spent being available for trade is simply time when I can't play anyways. Just keep it on in the background and wait for somebody to chime me while doing something else that I need to be doing. I almost never need to be available for trading when actually playing. 

Syndicate mods worth nothing, all you do is ripping dimes off noobs. Its the items for exchange between players, they are not for sale, most of the time you can get one for free or for random relic if you ask in the chat.

I think you're just taking advantage of the stupid locks DE stupidly placed trying to encourage clans, keep people to play the game for no reason (hello daily caps) and what's not. Its like selling the relics: hey, tehy will go out of rotation eventually, someone will buy them for 10 plat. Yeah, someone will probably buy them, but you probably need to reconsider if this is really what you want to do.

But this is interesting story you are telling. I didn't know that someone can be so lazy to pay plat instead of simply grabbing mod for free. Do those people even play the game or do they login to only spend plat, I wonder.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Richeatue said:

but JMO

Just ignore Mr. Hitman here, I’ve had experience with this cat in other threads and he just doesn’t understand this game at all.

He also talks like this!

for no reason at all

so his posts take up tons of space!

and he plays the game DIFFERENT than the rest of us

I don’t think he’s actually a troll

But! He should be treated like one

JMO!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 32768 said:

Syndicate mods worth nothing, all you do is ripping dimes off noobs. Its the items for exchange between players, they are not for sale, most of the time you can get one for free or for random relic if you ask in the chat.

I think you're just taking advantage of the stupid locks DE stupidly placed trying to encourage clans, keep people to play the game for no reason (hello daily caps) and what's not. Its like selling the relics: hey, tehy will go out of rotation eventually, someone will buy them for 10 plat. Yeah, someone will probably buy them, but you probably need to reconsider if this is really what you want to do.

But this is interesting story you are telling. I didn't know that someone can be so lazy to pay plat instead of simply grabbing mod for free. Do those people even play the game or do they login to only spend plat, I wonder.

If they weren't for sale they would be untradeable. If they weren't for sale I wouldn't be playing warframe because selling them got me from early game to mid-game and continue to keep me in the plat without intense grinds of endo / credits for the 10-slot mods that go for 100+ plat. Riven/Kuva grind isn't for me and it can take a long time to sell stuff. Also, I only sell fully loaded mods (3/3, 5/5). People can always buy unranked for less. I'm offering a service and convenience. 

Anyways, we clearly come from completely different viewpoints regarding the market. 15 plat for syndicate mods is nothing in my view and aura mods going for 30 is similarly small beer. It's a digital good that has value for somebody. It's not like I can cash in my plat for anything. I can't even use it to buy a coffee. 

I do 100% of my trading via warframe.market so the people there have access to the same information I do. They're making a choice as is their right. People do this all the time in real life. They buy from one shop rather than the other because one has a better layout, they buy expensive coffee from a massive global chain when the hole-in-the-wall around the corner makes it better and 50c less.

But hey, you think I'm ripping people off, I disagree. It's how the world works.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bingotough said:

If they weren't for sale they would be untradeable. If they weren't for sale I wouldn't be playing warframe because selling them got me from early game to mid-game and continue to keep me in the plat without intense grinds of endo / credits for the 10-slot mods that go for 100+ plat. Riven/Kuva grind isn't for me and it can take a long time to sell stuff. Also, I only sell fully loaded mods (3/3, 5/5). People can always buy unranked for less. I'm offering a service and convenience. 

Anyways, we clearly come from completely different viewpoints regarding the market. 15 plat for syndicate mods is nothing in my view and aura mods going for 30 is similarly small beer. It's a digital good that has value for somebody. It's not like I can cash in my plat for anything. I can't even use it to buy a coffee. 

I do 100% of my trading via warframe.market so the people there have access to the same information I do. They're making a choice as is their right. People do this all the time in real life. They buy from one shop rather than the other because one has a better layout, they buy expensive coffee from a massive global chain when the hole-in-the-wall around the corner makes it better and 50c less.

But hey, you think I'm ripping people off, I disagree. It's how the world works.

I once saw a person trying to get an aug from syndicate for 3 plat and no one wanted to sell it. That person clearly didn't have the plat, but needed the mod for something. I don't approve that design. The game is fine overall, but some parts of the game are provoking personality abuse and other abusive activities which i can not approve.

Well, as i said, this is very interesting story, it's good if this works for you. But perhaps people are need to be informed better that syndicate mods are literally trash, just open chat and type "can anyone trade me [your mod] pretty please?" and someone will give it to you. Keyword is "please". The biggest problem here is to convince someone to walk 10 steps to trading post.

By the way, you don't need plat to play this game, it's free to play, you can get everything for free if you just play the game. Even warframe and weapon slots now dropping from Nightwave rewards.

Edited by 32768
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Crasharr said:

Wauw, for someone who is telling people what to do with their NW creds and what/how to trade for you sure get antsy when someone doesnt agree with you. 

Here's my suggestion. Dont listen to Richeatue, run sorties, sell the fotm riven for 1500 plat and hey presto, all the slots an tatoes you ever need. Dont nickle and dime, its inefficient. 

There u go, proper useful advice. 

Again, what? Why is everyone so salty on the forums? Every thread I make is flooded by people butthurt for no reason.

If you don't want like my suggestion whatever, it was a suggestion. The guy you're talking about wasn't "not agreeing" with me, he was being a troll and insulting people for no reason. Why are you encouraging this behavior?