Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

THE STEEL PATH! Upcoming 'Hard Mode'.

[DE]Rebecca

14 minutes ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

But wouldn't high HP improve that thinking even further? Why have a single enemy with high hp and being hard to kill if 50% of the enemies can be (back then butchers were trash too but killing a level 9999 gunner with armor was not as much as a joke as now

High HP generic mobs just dont feel rewarding, they can also be ignored mostly or completely shut down by CC. The thing would be that these very specific mobs would require the focus of the group or the single player or they'd keep both squishies and heavies buffed and durable. There is nothing saying they'd just spawn one and one from time to time. They'd be as common as needed and impact different things.

Why don't you add some armor sets in the mix too ?

It's not explained if arbitrations, fissures, sorties , Cetus-Fortuna bounties etc will benefit of the lvl increase so the straight to the point question is :

Will we be able to start an arbitration mission at 160-180'ish+ ? If the regular ones start at around lvl 60-80'ish?

Thanks Teshin very cool but can you please burn conclave to the ground and give me some goodies for my precious universal medallions thank you very much funny hat man who just appeared in the story out of nowhere without any introduction whatsoever.

8 minutes ago, 2ndPersonPlural said:

The test cluster is still locked behind Steam?  Why no love for your standalone launcher users 😞

Likely because of numbers. I have a hard time believing even 30% of their PC playerbase is on the stand-alone launcher considering how a significant number of gamers hate library segmentation.

1 minute ago, xRufus7x said:

I mean, you gain personal experience, which is lore wise what Teshin is after. He is more about improving skill then getting more powerful gear, which is why he makes sense from a lore perspective. You do also gain some power from MR. Not all of it direct but additional loadouts, higher standing caps, larger energy pool on unleveled weapons.

It does to a degree. THe higher level content you can handle the more you have to invest in the game to counteract the bulletspongyness as well as understanding build basics but are we still talking about why Teshin would be involved in this cause it seems like you are straying from that to this isn't going o be hard or give me stuff I want. THe lore implications are far different from the in game reward structure. Take arbitrations for instance. in the lore the Arbiters of Hexis, share a similar philosophy to Teshin so they came up with arbitrations as a way to challenge the Tenno and advance their skill to the next level. In reality, most people are running around with Inaros and an AOE weapon popping drones like an angry toddler at a birthday party. MR likely also has a similar in universe standing, given the nature of the challenges. For us though it represents additional conveniences, quite a few of which are quite nice.

Cosmetic customization is a pretty key part of the community as is collection. These status symbols will play into that. Will it be for everyone, no. Does it need to be, not really.

Under extremely restrictive conditions. Arbis only have one node at a time and it is always an endless mission. Sorties only occupy three and only one is around 100. Liches are the closest option to hard mode now and even then you have to get them to 5 and get them to spread where you want and they avoid certain areas like the Kuva fortress and the void. THis is simply meant to give players access to all the nodes in the game but at a higher level so they can play under standard conditions bout not wait for the endless rampup or just hit shorter mission types to test under more realistic conditions.

IDK, what does hunting kuria prove, collecting all the frames, sitting at max mastery, filling out your codex, collecting and maxing all the mods. It isn't always about proving something to other players, sometimes it is just about having something to  do or work towards. I think you are expecting way too much from what has always been explained as giving us access to the often requested feature of starting nodes at higher levels.

Personal experience? I am sure noting how Conclave players played greatly improved my play experience in Conclave (it didn't). Teshin is after you being able to face Sentient, and other nasties which conclave doesn't prepare you for in anyway of value. Its sole contribution lore-wise being Oro which so far isn't even used - the Orokin used Kuva to perserve their essence allow for Continuity (a dark relative to Transference according to DE Steve in Devstreams) but do you recall Oro popping out when the Elder Queen was either killed by you or Teshin? I don't, while the closest seems to be Sentient who have energy cores. Intact cores being physical representations of these deals. And Stalker and his acolytes don't show any Oro drops either when being chased off or finally defeated.

Lore is the point of the collection of Kuria, scanning Crystal Fish, collection of memory disks or whatever you want; that is world building - shallow world building but something - and is all about what makes a game its own versus just a different take on the similar premise from another game or fantasy setting. What makes the Tenno not the House of Kovos from Warpath, the Grineer not the Ohm; or the Corpus not the Coalition? The answer is world building, that is what makes Warframe its own unique IP and not just Pariah or DarkSector Plus. If your setting says you are powerful, there should be a good mechanical reason that meshed with setting as to why you are not. That hasn't really been addressed in any of the lazy calls for just having higher leveled enemies.

Arbitration missions are restrictive only in the avenue that endless missions are the most played missions anyway and the ones that most care about enemy level in the first place. What does it matter to an Ivara what the level of enemies are in a spy mission if she still has energy? What is the point of it in a capture once you have hit the one target of value in the entire mission and are running to the extraction like a headless turkey? Exterminate, you are just doing a shorter no time limit as long as you stay away from AFK and keep shooting enemies survival. Mobile defense you are doing a defense in multiple stationary positions, several Grineer defense tilesets actually move their location physically on the map to a degree. What practical restriction do we have again, but like many missions no one likes doing a mission they don't like, this doesn't change that. Liches also avoid Uranus sealabs mostly, though for practical reasons, their AI doesn't like the water and Sharkwing sections that are a very real possibility of such areas and thus avoids spawning them there. They also don't go near the Derelict which while Key missions, are counted as Starchart for the sake of starchart completion. Also, to make those lvl 90-110 or higher lich nodes more 'interesting' thralls are immune to many powers and status while Liches have their own, what do you gain fighting them at that point versus at their starting levels again?

I am not expecting anything other than what the setting and lore for the game would suggest. Mechanically this mode adds little but takes up the development time that could be used on advancing the setting or mechanics to make the game match what makes it unique better. I find this just another temporary challenge mode of which we have had many prior which after a week or two were considered too easy and boring as their target audience used conditionals and gimmicks to get through what progression and play experience hadn't prepared them for. My questions have largely as you might have been able to tell rhetorical since if I feel if you thought about the questions, they would be pretty self explanatory.

1 minute ago, Super-Moth said:

It's not. AFAIK there are no modifiers beyond the level increase, though I could certainly be wrong.

i hope so because i don't want hard mode to be forgotten in 2 or 3 months like half of the warframe modes

decorations? wait wait wait, you literally give players who are playing the game with the intention of becoming immensely powerful with their builds decorations? atleast give us either cosmetics or new versions of mods like the primed or amalgam mods or something, or arcanes or idk, but why decorations? and emotes?

2 minutes ago, Samhel said:

decorations? wait wait wait, you literally give players who are playing the game with the intention of becoming immensely powerful with their builds decorations? atleast give us either cosmetics or new versions of mods like the primed or amalgam mods or something, or arcanes or idk, but why decorations? and emotes?

because plabo don't want the tenno to be any more powerfull

8 minutes ago, paulogabbi said:

i hope so because i don't want hard mode to be forgotten in 2 or 3 months like half of the warframe modes

It will if there's no reward/resource/drop scaling.

It will be particularly barren every time a new weapon o frame is added to the game because it will be faster to farm them in normal mode. People won't graduate to hard mode when normal mode is objectively faster for progression.

1 minute ago, Jarriaga said:

It will be particularly barren every time a new weapon o frame is added to the game because it will be faster to farm them in normal mode. People won't graduate to hard mode when normal mode is objectively faster for progression.

Tell that to the "just for fun" people. They tend to not appreciate when we also enjoy looting and not just killing higher level enemies. 😞 sadly

2 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

exact but De do have a track record of launching things only to NEVER touch tem again or remove them

2 hours ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

Wait... So the level through the entire hard mode is the same? Or is it still +100 levels on top of the mission original level but not hard + hardcore mode?

This details are not very detailed. D;

You take level mission on the planet and add +100. 

So earth is around lvl 3 + 100 = 103

Sedna is lvl 40 + 100 = 140 

24 minutes ago, Samhel said:

Tell that to the "just for fun" people. They tend to not appreciate when we also enjoy looting and not just killing higher level enemies. 😞 sadly

I have; several times ever since hard mode was announced on May 8th:

It's no use though. They conveniently ignore that WF is a loot-based game when they throw around examples of games in which loot is not tied to/scaled with difficulty.

23 minutes ago, paulogabbi said:

exact but De do have a track record of launching things only to NEVER touch tem again or remove them

Yes, but this is a case in which foresight exists both in-game, in discussions, and even other games in which difficulty doesn't scale rewards such as Anthem. If DE chose to ignore all of that then I will have a hard time not thinking they didn't set this up for failure. I don't want to think that way after listening to Reb's interview with Brozime last night, but it will be extremely hard not to considering the many early warning signs of the biggest pitfall of all when playing a higher difficulty with no benefit for choosing to do so.

That is, assuming that the notes simply didn't mention reward scaling even though it will be there. 

Archived