Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Captured Solaris in deadlock protcol update.

CorpusWaifu

1 minute ago, OneYenShort said:

funny thing about video games and knowing your players love of grind.   What to do with the coins once you have all of the gear, or you've got all of the gear for that level of coin?

They gave you a way to spend them after that.

It is video game design, NOT real world reflection no matter how real the choice may seem or is.

Game design can influence a person's real world behaviour, though. Devs are encouraging us to walk past a person in danger while waving a shiny trinket at us. That doesn't sit comfy for me.

It's also not a good idea to bullet jump into an ambulance or perform acts of genocide.

But you get my drift, I think.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

It seems there's a choice. Either spend a coin to release a prisoner or keep the coin to gamble a chance for a Protea part blueprint 

I'd rather release the prisoner but there's no reward for moral fiber in this game. This troubles me. The Devs want us to make the evil choice? 

There are three prisoners in the Protea Void. Spending coins to grind for Protea isn't heartless, so you can relax

26 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

There are three prisoners in the Protea Void. Spending coins to grind for Protea isn't heartless, so you can relax

you can only free the Prisoners with Xoris though, and not everybody takes one believe it or not. personally I'm getting my stuff first, then I'm sure once I have Protea and the Weapons I'll only be using them to release prisoners anyway.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

Game design can influence a person's real world behaviour, though. Devs are encouraging us to walk past a person in danger while waving a shiny trinket at us. That doesn't sit comfy for me.

It's also not a good idea to bullet jump into an ambulance or perform acts of genocide.

Emm... to think I remember a time when people would say that radio rots the brain.  Later it became TV.  Then Video games...

But I think you get my drift.  Maybe.

lol I did both, the fun fact weirdly about it if you get the coin, and spend it in the void and finish it just some odd reason the RNG been giving me extra coins for I to use to set free the prisoner just in timing.  I am not planning farm up or grind these coins which it seem twiddle twaddle.

Fact:

1. we go after him but we don't really see him as big giant threat and these prisoner are stuck in a time stop or time prison so no reason to rush or rescues because we got time in the world to save them

2. It just seem it look like we are saving them but we aren't we just end up sending them into the stupid time rift issues again because "where they teleported exactly?" or "are they really teleporting where the location they are pose to be in" that is the best thing of illusion to waste your coins on both side the end of the sticks. For the ants will go back and forward on the sticks and we are the stupid ants going back and foward

3. It just there because it just need to be a simple grinding again and not worth my time to see it fun.

e509398a71b6a6ecff3afaee09ff8f7a.jpg

7 hours ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

Okay, so I guess should stay away from people who pick evil route on RPG with multiple paths.

Now I know with whose relation I should sever among my friends as precaution before they eventually screw me up.

Thank you.

For now I still have few coins, despite being done with Protea and Deadlock gunnery farm. However, and to my understanding, there's no choice involved. You can enter the Granum Void, set a Solaris Worker free and exchange a coin at a Granum Relief Temple provided you have any 3 coins on you.

Someone correct me if wrong, but I'm 99% sure it works this way. At the very least I've had missions where I spent a coin both on the temple and to enter the Granum Void. I haven't saved a single solarian yet because I don't need to.

Honestly, they were added most likely because of players hoarding.

Remember, a coin spawns every mission. Once you are done with Grannum Void farming, you will end up with hoards of coins, which then can be spent on freeing prisoners.

Only thing that needs to be done is let these solaris appear AFTER you have completed all farming from the void, then it wouldn't feel so bad.

I can't physically make myself walk past them if I have a coin. I have to free them. It held a mirror up to my face and I learned something about myself. I'm grateful for that. 

Now I have extra coins cause I've done all the granum void farms, but before that I sacrificed my coin from that level a couple times when I came across a prisoner before finding a golden hand. All the logic in the world couldn't convince me to let the imaginary civilian languish in prison.

I freed one prisoner to see what we got, and I get far more bringing perfect animal captures to the Biz. If the coins weren't limited to one per map dropping, I'd spend them more.

I'd be happy if we could just free the prisoners without getting any reward otherwise.

16 hours ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

I'd rather release the prisoner but there's no reward for moral fiber in this game. This troubles me. The Devs want us to make the evil choice?

Letting them die in the ship is the most merciful thing you can do. If you free them, they'll likely get shelved because of their debt. For them, that's a fate worse than death.

There's nothing "evil" about that.

il y a 1 minute, Jarriaga a dit :

If you free them, they'll likely get shelved because of their debt. For them, that's a fate worse than death.

Unlikely, for the game (Eudico) implies that there were Solaris with cleared debts. It probably means that when the solaris completes their debts, they are rather "repurposed".

Also, they get teleported from the ship to somewhere else when you free them. They don't walk with us (Or rather, we don't let them for this exact reason). Pretty sure that would be little duck's doing.

And no, to those thinking they get teleported to Granum Void, they are not. The teleporting animation is the same exact animation for when our moa pet (made by thursby btw) teleports to us. Its more likely that they are teleported to safety.

21 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Unlikely, for the game (Eudico) implies that there were Solaris with cleared debts.

I don't think those captured are the ones without debt. 

It probably means that when the solaris completes their debts, they are rather "repurposed".

If these were debt-free Solaris, Eudico would have noticed a pattern of those free of debt suddenly missing. 

Also, they get teleported from the ship to somewhere else when you free them. They don't walk with us (Or rather, we don't let them for this exact reason). Pretty sure that would be little duck's doing.

I don't see how that's relevant. The shelving can take place 2 minutes after they teleport to wherever they are going to by getting captured again. They are Corpus property. They know they are missing. It doesn't necessarily happen just after the moment you free them, it will still happen later because you opened the door for it to happen.

And no, to those thinking they get teleported to Granum Void, they are not.

Not related to what I said, so not addressing it.

The teleporting animation is the same exact animation for when our moa pet (made by thursby btw) teleports to us. 

This means nothing. They are short on resources. They recycle. And....

Its more likely that they are teleported to safety.

...Temporally, yes. Not permanently unless this teleportation process completely took them out of the Sol System or into a Tenno Relay.

Freeing them is sentencing them to shelving, sooner or later. You're not going to be there preventing it from happening. That Solaris is not now sitting in your Orbiter or a Relay protected by Tenno. Death is a better fate for them. If you want to pat yourself in the back because you "set them free" then go ahead, but that won't change their ultimate fate. A fate you sentenced them to because of your outdated pre-Orokin era morality model that fails to consider the consequences of your actions.

il y a 4 minutes, Jarriaga a dit :

I don't think those captured are the ones without debt. 

If these were debt-free Solaris, Eudico would have noticed a pattern of those free of debt suddenly missing. 

Isn't that how the deadlock protocol quest started to begin with?

il y a 4 minutes, Jarriaga a dit :

I don't see how that's relevant. The shelving can take place 2 minutes after they teleport to wherever they are going to by getting captured again. They are Corpus property. They know they are missing. It doesn't necessarily happen just after the moment you free them, it will still happen later because you opened the door for it to happen.

Improbable.

If you listened to the Eudico's dialogues in the bounty missions, you will find one of the bounties plot is to help inmate Solaris escape. So it doesn't matter if they are "corpus property", If you are untraceable, they can never capture you. Given the plot of this specific bounty, I think its safe to assume the Solaris knows how to be untraceable.

il y a 10 minutes, Jarriaga a dit :

...Temporally, yes. Not permanently unless this teleportation process completely took them out of the Sol System.

If little duck can freely leave and enter the Debt Interment Colony, freely enter and leave Venus, carrying a literal buzlok, whilst being an agent to the Unum, and STILL remain undetected, then she can get trapped solaris to undetectable regions of Sol too. Little duck and her past stunts she did is why I think she has a massive role on this behind the scenes.

Pretty sure either corpus is just blind as ****, or they simply don't know. If they were just blind, then there is no fear about the solaris you freed, as they'll be too blind to find them.

Though this is mostly gotten to speculation based on what we already know. Little duck's more history (other than mem fragments) is still unknown (Third Orb Mother WHEN DE???)

17 hours ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

You can’t be serious right now. Ever played grand theft auto? In that game sometimes it’s fun to go on a mass murder spree for no reason but it’s crazy how people that play it don’t all turn out to be mass murderers. And I don’t even need to explain what all else is possible in that game and what the game devs “encourage” you to do while playing it.

Point: It’s a video game, it’s not real life, and it’s not meant to be taken as seriously as you are taking it.

To all those who said "It's a video game, don't take it seriously!" 

I also said, "It's not a good idea to bullet jump into an ambulance."

I am well aware that video games don't have true value as an example of behaviour to the vast majority of players. What I am saying, however, is they can 'influence' how we walk, talk, dress and treat others above and below us. Please let me be clear about this: Warframe is not actually persuading us to go out and ignore people in peril or to go out and inflict genocide upon the world. It can, however, lend SOME influence into how we think, talk and treat other people - even if it's the tiniest voice in the back of your head. 

Before, we were given a choice with our Tenno about whether to be good, balanced or evil when dealing with Excalibur Umbra and associated story. Now we are not given that choice. Instead, we worry about the shiny trinkets BEFORE we worry about the very lives we're supposed to be allied to. Sure, you can get Protea first and THEN spend the coin on the hostages. But what about all those Hostages you ignored before you got your precious new Warframe? We have no idea if they're still alive and well or if they still have a chance of free will ahead of them. Even if they are doomed in one way or another, to be given a chance to choose their own path is precious. That chance has now been taken away from us.

The gut reaction to all this is, 'Well, if you're worried about saving the hostages, you shouldn't be expecting another reward, right? Saving them should be the reward within itself."

True. IF the Devs want us to behave and think that way, so be it. It just means I won't be working towards or paying for Protea. That's not the path I want my Tenno to walk. 

On 2020-07-02 at 12:19 PM, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

The gut reaction to all this is, 'Well, if you're worried about saving the hostages, you shouldn't be expecting another reward, right? Saving them should be the reward within itself."

True. IF the Devs want us to behave and think that way, so be it. It just means I won't be working towards or paying for Protea. That's not the path I want my Tenno to walk. 

Frankly if you were actually concerned/bothered you wouldn't be playing this game at all.  You think the genetically destroyed grineer really have a choice in their life?  You should be spending your time trying to free and heal them, but I bet you spend the majority of it just killing everything like the murder hobo genre of the game.

3 hours ago, OneYenShort said:

Frankly if you were actually concerned/bothered you wouldn't be playing this game at all.  You think the genetically destroyed grineer really have a choice in their life?  You should be spending your time trying to free and heal them, but I bet you spend the majority of it just killing everything like the murder hobo genre of the game.

Actually, they do have a choice. They have the choice of rebelling and setting up camp with Steel Meridian and similar. Remember those missions where you have to help guide Grineer squads to extraction? Well, they might not always have a Tenno to help them out, but they have the choice to try, the choice to stand and fight for themselves, the choice to work together to do their own thing, the choice to attempt to make a different life for themselves. 

The Grineer that we kill without hesitation is an expression of resolve. They are resolved to fight us despite seeing for themselves just how capable a Tenno can be. If they wish to be that foolish, that's their choice. 

Whatever the reason you choose to fight for, you always have the choice to change targets early on or last second. It's the same for whatever enemy or ally on the battlefield.

I wouldn't mind friendly fire or mission choices turned on. The ability to choose to fight for or against Grineer, Corpus, Infested, Tau or Orokin virtues should be ours and the enemy's. 

If friendly-fire and mission choices were turned on, we'd think harder about whether to go into a Public session or not... and we'd choose our squad and clan members with deeper scrutiny. IF these were turned on, I'd also want self-damage turned on so that we discipline ourselves with aiming instead of allowing ourselves to be clumsy for lols. 

But, as the cynical side of myself says, we'll just get the arguments of 'it would turn into another GTAOnline' or 'too toxic' or 'I play this game like Minecraft to relax, not to worry about allegiances' or 'it's too difficult, turn it off' or ''Nah, it would make things too easy for my elite skillz' or 'I don't want others to have that toy because I just want to watch the world burn...' 

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

Actually, they do have a choice. They have the choice of rebelling and setting up camp with Steel Meridian and similar. Remember those missions where you have to help guide Grineer squads to extraction?

......I wouldn't mind friendly fire or mission choices turned on. The ability to choose to fight for or against Grineer, Corpus, Infested, Tau or Orokin virtues should be ours and the enemy's. 

You assume they have a choice.  Just what does it take to get them that knowledge.  You know the queens would nuke that from orbit and ignore all colatreal damage at any point.  So no, they don't really.   And yes, I do remember those missions.
How about Corpus? Freedom isn't hidden there, just burried under a mountain of debt. You want freedom, pay up. Money talks, and slaves walk (back to work.)

As for friendly fire... yeah... that would kill this game due to all of the AOE.  The game is too individual centered, not party focused.  The only game (in my limited playing, I fully admit this) that I've seen has friendly fire and it worked well was the L4D series.

24 minutes ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

If friendly-fire and mission choices were turned on, we'd think harder about whether to go into a Public session or not... and we'd choose our squad and clan members with deeper scrutiny. IF these were turned on, I'd also want self-damage turned on so that we discipline ourselves with aiming instead of allowing ourselves to be clumsy for lols. 

considering the weaponry we have and how even 1% of top end pistol damage is enough to outright kill every warframe in the game it would just completely kill public matches.

35 minutes ago, OneYenShort said:

You assume they have a choice.  Just what does it take to get them that knowledge.  You know the queens would nuke that from orbit and ignore all colatreal (collateral?) damage at any point.  So no, they don't really.   And yes, I do remember those missions.
How about Corpus? Freedom isn't hidden there, just burried under a mountain of debt. You want freedom, pay up. Money talks, and slaves walk (back to work.)

As for friendly fire... yeah... that would kill this game due to all of the AOE.  The game is too individual centered, not party focused.  The only game (in my limited playing, I fully admit this) that I've seen has friendly fire and it worked well was the L4D series.

Excuses.

There are many ways to get a message of freedom through enemy lines and there are many examples to choose from in any war documentary about underground resistances as well as hungry, desperate soldiers. Also, this war involving young Tenno has been going on so long, the message will be loud and clear by now - and you know how rebels like to gossip, right?

If you have 4 people playing with massive AOE stuff, they could agree to split up because the maps are big enough. Also, you should be disciplined enough to know when not to nuke a map with an ally within the nuke's range. If you cannot wield a weapon well enough to kill an intended target and to not kill an unintended target, that weapon should not even be equipped in your hands. If you're foolish enough to do so, consider the consequences and other consequences the admin might yet implement.

This all seems to be a big subject about 'discipline' and which choice of 'discipline' you want to follow.

Archived