Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Captured Solaris in deadlock protcol update.

CorpusWaifu

First, i would like to apologize for my poor english, it isn't my first language.

So, i am bit sensitive and hearing solaris begging for help really makes me fell guilty if i don't help them, but there's only one crown per mission, but there are multiple solaris in a single ship and there are also other uses for these crowns. So i think it would be nice, if we could free them with credits, but not gaining standing for this. It would just make sensietive people not fell guilty (also will allow people with lower self esteem just enjoy the game, and don't have a "you won't help them? You really are a garbage" thoughs

(sorry for taking out low self esteem, but this is problem for me))

Just now, Drasiel said:

I feel like such a total monster when I leave them behind. Yes please let me free them, I don't care about the standing

I was about to say, I feel like a lot of the Tenno who feel strongly enough about this to post on the forums would give up some credits or other small resources for little to even no reward, just to not feel bad about leaving their Solaris mates behind. 

Why don't you feel sorry for the Corpus you slaughter to get to the Solaris?

They're also only trying to make a living, instead of selling their bodies to afford the robo rigs the solaris got, they became soldiers.

What about the treasurer? He doesn't even attack you, he's tasked to move a single coin to another location, what about his family?

It's really pointless to feel sorry about video game charachters.

If you can't help it, just think of it this way:

The very same Solaris, no matter how many times you free them or kill them by blowing up the ship during a sabotage, will always show up again.

Conclusion:

They're not really trapped, it's all just a scam to rob the most innocent of all Warframe charachters, the Treasurer.

1 minute ago, 16Bitman said:

They're also only trying to make a living, instead of selling their bodies to afford the robo rigs the solaris got, they became soldiers.

What about the treasurer? He doesn't even attack you, he's tasked to move a single coin to another location, what about his family?

The very same Solaris, no matter how many times you free them or kill them by blowing up the ship during a sabotage, will always show up again.

Conclusion:

They're not really trapped, it's all just a scam to rob the most innocent of all Warframe charachters, the Treasurer.

who says we don't feel bad about other things we kill in the game. At least corpus soldiers are actively opposing us and not you know effectively chained up to be executed.

The treasurer... is an annoying loot goblin. Mechanically he is designed to be annoying, also he must currently die to save solarans so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I'm fine letting them die. They are likely about to be shelved because of their debt anyway, which is something the Solaris fear more than death itself. So by leaving them there I am saving them from their worst fears. Releasing them on the other hand can make their nightmares a reality.

3kma3w.jpg

I used the coins to farm all the stuffs first. After I've gotten everything from the void mode, then I use coins to save the prisoners.

Guess I'm the only sane one who treat a game as a game.

1 minute ago, kyori said:

I used the coins to farm all the stuffs first. After I've gotten everything from the void mode, then I use coins to save the prisoners.

Guess I'm the only sane one who treat a game as a game.

some people play games to roleplay. The mechanic of how to release solarans butts up against the immersive idea that we are the saviour of the solarans from the fortuna questline. That's gonna bug some people.

22 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

Conclusion:

I actually feel kinda bad for crewmans, they are born in corpus, brain washed, and then killed by us. They are just robots to corpus and just bad guys for us. I think mostly the "good" crewmans are rare find, and probably throw even lower, i still (i don't even know why) sometimes wait till they attack me.

Treasurer is also probally brainwashed since birth and he is provoking us. 

Still auch it hurts in my self esteem xd

14 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

Almost nothing you said about Crewmen is true. They're not so much people and more cattle, brainwashed from birth, designed by their overlords to be less human. Killing them is more like euthenasia.

As for the Treasurer, he's so devoted to his religion he would probably congratulate you for killing him. One of his escape quotes is "may your desire blossom". For those who don't speak Corpus, this means if you can kill him, you deserve it. His words, not mine

The difference between the Corpus and trapped Solaris United is the former will try to kill you while the latter will constantly beg for help.

Is DE trying to condition us to ignore empathy and just do what is most efficient for us?

Just a cautionary note here, not sure if anyone else has encountered this but I can across a female captive who pleaded with me to save her. I chose to ignore here pleas and proceeded with the mission, however after disposing of the treasurer her words were starting to resonate within me and feeling a little guilty I turned back to release her. When I arrived back I was greeted with a gruff voice asking for my help - the SHE was now a HE (yes it was the same SU captive).

True story - made me wonder who had actually been trapped though.

Footnote: Due to the shock of it all I subsequently left them to their fate....I felt used and a little dirty too.

2 hours ago, 16Bitman said:

screw that guy. his damage resistance is total bullsquirt and it seems like unless you have a full meta loadout you can't really kill him fast enough. I'll gladly take an Ignis to him, his family, and all his Corpus friends. screw that guy.

as for the prisoners, they only give 300 Standing anyway so I don't really care that much. I just use the token on whatever comes up first: Golden Hand or Subtitles from a Prisoner. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

screw that guy. his damage resistance is total bullsquirt and it seems like unless you have a full meta loadout you can't really kill him fast enough. I'll gladly take an Ignis to him, his family, and all his Corpus friends. screw that guy.

as for the prisoners, they only give 300 Standing anyway so I don't really care that much. I just use the token on whatever comes up first: Golden Hand or Subtitles from a Prisoner. 

He drops in seconds from magnetic damage. 

So am I a bad person for wanting an option to begin the torture? 😄

It seems there's a choice. Either spend a coin to release a prisoner or keep the coin to gamble a chance for a Protea part blueprint 

I'd rather release the prisoner but there's no reward for moral fiber in this game. This troubles me. The Devs want us to make the evil choice? In all the rest of the story, we can choose to be good, neutral or bad and something about our operator is affected, right? I'm not sure what exactly, but choices like this should be influencing or gameplay.

Are we playing a hero or a villain or simply a mercenary mass murderer?

Protea has defined this for me and I don't like the answer. Similar, really, to when I found out about spacemom. Alien just abandoned us like a fries-gone-cold and left arm-in-arm, like a lover with git-features over there.

I know where we stand now and it's a bit cold and lonely. 

I just ignored the prisoners, to be honest. "Ah, once I clear this ship, some SU agent will probably come and rescue them or something."

Then again, I mostly play Corpus ship missions to clear relics in Fissures, which I tend to want to complete as fast as possible. Not much time to explore.

40 minutes ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

I know where we stand now and it's a bit cold and lonely. 

funny thing about video games and knowing your players love of grind.   What to do with the coins once you have all of the gear, or you've got all of the gear for that level of coin?

They gave you a way to spend them after that.

It is video game design, NOT real world reflection no matter how real the choice may seem or is.

Archived