Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disappointed to hear about Steel Path.

Nichivo

2 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Being fair what you just clipped was him being a bullet sponge...

Not with the right gear, considering only myself was attacking him. That was in 4 man group to make him tankier, I went hunting in Hydron for him. In solo play, I have vids of taking him out in about 4 shots.

1 minute ago, nslay said:

That video is actually not supporting what you say...

It takes 1 minute and 42 seconds for a Vex Armor Chroma to kill and armor-stripped Wolf of Saturn Six with a Rubico Prime. And that guy is prepared! That's the definition of "bullet sponge".

I disagree, it took that long because it's a public match and the Wolf is scaled for 4 players damaging him, not 1. In solo he took about 5 bullets.

Just now, TARINunit9 said:

actually applied to Steel Path on a specific level. Because all the different camps came out to supply what they liked and didn't like, and all of them included "bullet sponges aren't fun, just tedious" in their feedback

No, actually there was a survey from the Steel Path test group, and 80% said the difficulty level was spot on, except in some cases, like Archwing.

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Not with the right gear, considering only myself was attacking him. That was in 4 man group to make him tankier, I went hunting in Hydron for him. In solo play, I have vids of taking him out in about 4 shots.

He was a bullet sponge even if you were solo.

So with my morning coffee, and that's very important gotta have my coffee. I watched the stream recording, and seeing your thread here let's engage!

5 hours ago, Nichivo said:

My biggest concern was Steel path difficulty would get nerfed before it released. I was correct.  They reduced the challenge already, before it even released. It's a crying shame to see Hardmode difficulty lowered already.

First iteration of a hard mode for DE it would be dumb on their part not to play it safe this isn't meant to be legendary or mythic +++. The poll showed 97% interest in the hard mode DE knows out of their sample size from the Test Cluster that the desire is there they are going to look at this mode with for more interest now and later iterations if those numbers hold up will be forthcoming. A 250% increased shield/armor/health is still going to be significant. 

Now Archwing that change needed to happen I am in complete agreement with the feedback that needed to change. Archwing's and their weapons do not have the same punch that our Warframes do and it shows and if you wanted that to stay you make my masochism look like reading Blues Clues to a group of three year olds.

It also didn't sound like any testers played through it all. Why not? 😦

Because they couldn't get very far in it with just a few days in the test cluster iteration. Not everyone plays at the same level and no piece of content is worth development resources if it only caters to the 1%. It has to have appeal and people need to feel they can succeed in what they are doing. If they do not see that light at the end of the tunnel then they will be turned off.

Not going to hold back. That was the most disappointing stream I have watched, since the excellent stream when hearing we would get a hardmode.

Personal opinion that's fine.

Absolute Cringe. 

If you hadn't put this in I would not be making a mental note that I am adding you to nebulous hey there's is a troll list.

In conclusion here, the very people who got this ball rolling with Scott in Shy's podcast all said that it was over tuned, the former partners in the test cluster made videos talking about rewards and difficult and it was unanimously said that the test cluster was over tuned when written feedback corroborates that it is a clear sign that hey this mode is overtuned. I will also point out that this entire mode stems from DE's desire to have the content creators play the game and not be in the Simulacrum to test weapons and Frames with their crazy high end builds. With that in mind yes of course the are going to seriously weigh the feedback from the very people who in their videos and podcasts asked even begged for this mode in the game.

While I was hoping they would leave it at 300% personally the adjustments talked about in the Stream are fair, and reasonable. And if players wan't more in the line of hard modes with other modifiers and rewards in the future. They better play the ever living hell out of this new mode so DE has the internal numbers to show that this wasn't a waste.  

Cheers o/

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Horrible aim by me in the second vid but you can see the dmg chunks from the ones that hit.

So a bullet sponge is taking 4-5 hits now? Is that what you're saying?

Think they meant for when he was initially released and Pablo had overturned it to be nigh unkillable. Not the nerfed version.

6 minutes ago, Angwah said:

No, actually there was a survey from the Steel Path test group, and 80% said the difficulty level was spot on, except in some cases, like Archwing.

Intriguing, do you have a source so I can see who hosted it?

6 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Think they meant for when he was initially released and Pablo had overturned it to be nigh unkillable. Not the nerfed version.

That was when it was released. Top clip is from day 1 of release. 2nd clip is the day after.

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

Apparently they have difficulty to many

Lol, why does all your arguments have "people say this, people find this, people believe this" in them. I am honestly surprised about how much you seem to remember and care for what people say about anything. 

13 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Corollary: where isn't the fun in having what's tedious, made less tedious?

Yes, because it's Warframe. It will ALWAYS be a gear check.

You have presented nothing tedious by my standards. 

I could argue that since it's warframe the gear check will be entirely removed in under 6 months. I can already hear more complaints about tedium, and it being too hard coming still.

If it's easy. Make it easier. 

If it's hard. Make it easier.

If it requires any effort. Make it easier.

If someone claims tedious. Make it easier.

Seriously! Is there any way we can stop this make it easier loop, that has become standard operating procedure.? 

16 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

So a bullet sponge is taking 4-5 hits now? Is that what you're saying?

Your magazine doesn't agree with that count (it's more like 10-15)... but, let's say 4-5 hits from one of the most powerful sniper rifles in the game on a target that has all armor stripped. How does this compare with Exo Gokstad Officers that have more EHP than the Hydrolyst? I can one or two shot those guys before the armor scaling changes (and they were immune to armor stripping).

10 minutes ago, Nehra96 said:

Lol, why does all your arguments have "people say this, people find this, people believe this" in them. I am honestly surprised about how much you seem to remember and care for what people say about anything. 

Yeah it’s kinda tiring but I get wher she’s coming from 

7 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

You have presented nothing tedious by my standards. 

OK so here's the issue. Have you ever had that moment when you have so obviously beaten an enemy after shooting them with 20 rounds -- staggerlocked, or knocked over, or filled with status effects, or stunned by abilities, etc. etc. -- but they're not dead yet until you pump 20 more rounds into them? 

That's not difficulty. That's not even a properly designed gear check. That's just tedium

And that's exactly what pre-nerf Steel Path was. Enemies you had already defeated and couldn't shoot you to death (because you already defeated them) but weren't dead until you wasted more time and ammo on them

I'm being optimistic about this - that side bar the option to "activate" Stell Path mode looks like it can have more notches added in the future (Obsidian Path, Lunar Path...). Maybe in future updates (assuming this doesn't melt into another content island and doom poor Tenshin again) will add a serious brick wall of challenge some players can enjoy. I do like the idea of this being a set of options for players - I like to play games on easy/normal mode, like the casual I am. I'm here to have fun and unwind from a life that in of itself is on Hard Mode. Right now, it looks like Steel Path is encouraged for players to try - not just sit idly as a bonus option. There's a balance I guess DE needs to find in the future on how to make it like leagues in competitive games - you don't have to do it - but if you decide to, there's some cool rewards in it if you turn out to do really well.

And this is still on the drafting board - even after it's pushed to the main game, it might be tweaked in the future. 

10 minutes ago, nslay said:

Your magazine doesn't agree with that count (it's more like 10-15)... but, let's say 4-5 hits from one of the most powerful sniper rifles in the game on a target that has all armor stripped. How does this compare with Exo Gokstad Officers that have more EHP than the Hydrolyst? I can one or two shot those guys before the armor scaling changes (and they were immune to armor stripping).

You remember how I said being prepared yeh? If you're going into Hardmode with casual gear, that's a problem of your own making, it doesn't actually mean they're sponges.

And I did tell you that was horrible shooting, the headshots are the ones that mattered, count those.

Never experienced an actual bullet sponge in Warfame. I have heard people claim they exist, but have always been proven wrong when I went to check them out for myself. Maybe you need to revise your builds.

Did you meet a level 100+ Wolf of Saturn Six on release with a full squad before the nerfs to his level and EHP? This was a nightmare before all the nerfs to his health, armor and level. It was also status immune. Even Catchmoon had problems with dispatching him and that was when it was absolutely batS#&$ broken. The fight took several minutes of shooting it with the best weapons in the game with rivens.

The Wolf was a joke in the event where he was level 75 and all it took was one shot with a Chroma/Mirage etc. It didn't even matter that he wasn't status immune anymore since we didn't need to apply status to it.

Just now, NoMoreFAIL said:

Did you meet a level 100+ Wolf of Saturn Six on release with a full squad before the nerfs to his level and EHP? This was a nightmare before all the nerfs to his health, armor and level. It was also status immune. Even Catchmoon had problems with dispatching him and that was when it was absolutely batS#&$ broken. The fight took several minutes of shooting it with the best weapons in the game with rivens.

The Wolf was a joke in the event where he was level 75 and all it took was one shot with a Chroma/Mirage etc. It didn't even matter that he wasn't status immune anymore since we didn't need to apply status to it.

I think I've already shown this isn't true, if you strip his armour he's easy to kill. If you don't, well that's your own problem.

34 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Intriguing, do you have a source so I can see who hosted it?

It was DE's survey from the Test Cluster participants. Rebecca showed it in the Twitch Stream its about 8 minutes in during their introduction.

4 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I think I've already shown this isn't true, if you strip his armour he's easy to kill. If you don't, well that's your own problem.

Did you even read what I said? This was BEFORE he got his status immunity removed and the armor S curve change AND he was Level 120 or so instead of the current laughable level 75. Yeah you can easily kill him NOW. Hell, I can fart in his direction and he'd be dead but on release he was Bulletsponge Prime.

Imagine a level 175 Nox on steroids with more EHP and status immunity!

3 minutes ago, NoMoreFAIL said:

Did you even read what I said? This was BEFORE he got his status immunity removed and the armor S curve change AND he was Level 120 or so instead of the current laughable level 75. Yeah you can easily kill him NOW. Hell, I can fart in his direction and he'd be dead but on release he was Bulletsponge Prime.

Imagine a level 175 Nox on steroids with more EHP and status immunity!

Yep I read it, what you don't realise is that Sharpened clawa could strip his armour on release, you didn't need to use status procs which he was immune to.

I also don't need to imagine a Nox at lvl 175 because I've fought them at level 9999.

At which point you built to deal with them by stacking status, and using more than just one weapon.

This is however after the armour changes. So it is kind of a moot point to bring up. Most people don't stay long enough to even see those enemies, even after recent changes. Again  I never considered them to be bullet sponges either.

It was all fun and games before Wolf of saturn six appeared with his status immunity.

Archived