Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Path: Update 28.1.0

[DE]Megan

1 minute ago, Isendur88 said:

I guess 40+ pages of negative feedback wasn't a strong enough message about the xoris. It's fine, we'll just change the way we interact with You DE. Like... not interact at all. Yeah, FF14 is a good idea now.

BL3

hard mode is cool

but thanks for nerfing the xoris. having fun with warframe abilities is a bad thing after all! 

on a serious note its become very very clear to me that you guys dont play the game, dont listen to what community members and content creaters have to say and dont know why or what you're nerfing. thanks for removing the only way to truely have fun with the melee mods scaling warframe abilities. ill just go back to not having fun and play octavia or saryn for dealing damage

please stop lieing to players by saying the Xoris adds massive amounts of damage to some warframe powers which it dose not do. You can get the same effect of the xoris by useing the narromon focuse school so its nothing new in terms of power. what dose add power to warframe power are riven mods so why aren't they being removed from effecting warframe powers? 

Well, I'm gonna be honest.
Thank you for putting effort into this is very much appreciated.

Gotta say, I really find this gamemode hard, hard to find myself playing.
The fact that I have to start from Earth wich is the tileset I hate to play the most because my pc isn't the best and my fps go even lower than my expectations for the upcoming updates.
And don't get me started with the rewards...
- Bishamo Armor Set: Yeah thank you for another armor set that I won't use, and if I do I'll only see it for half a second when I use the operator ability for energy or health.
-10k Kuva: I can literally farm hundreds of thousands from Nightwave, but I won't, why?, because I already finished it and the rest it's boring, besides that I don't have that many rivens to begin with.
-Random Relic Pack: Yeah I'll definitely spend the rare currency you get on something I can buy off one of the 6 syndicates that I already have max standing at.
-Stance Forma Blueprint: Hahahah... god I wish this one was a joke, unfortunately it isn't... I have no interest on getting a forma that only makes you able to put any stance for a melee, you know why?, because the melee I have were already forma'd before this thing was even out, and some melee only have 1 good stance or just 1 stance in general.

I went through just the first 2 missions on Earth and the experience was... underwhelming to say the least, all I did was enter and walk through the enemies with melee only as Valkyr spamming the melee button, literally, I had no absolute feel of risk since my health never dropped 100 points and I was done on both missions in 6 minutes or less.

In conclusion:
Seriously, thank you for the update, but this is... bad.
The first impression are one of the most important imo and this isn't cutting it, cosmetic rewards for orbiter I won't use (my operator room is full of plushies from all the hunting I do on PoE and Fortuna), emotes (who in the world uses these???, maybe just to wait or hang out with randoms on the relays but that rarely happens now), rare currency that literally has no use because the rewards you can buy are as bad or worse like, I'm literally doing the same missions with extra steps to get nothing of particular value.

Why even bother?.

23 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

c48d2fa92099d1d51fb2416c214683ab.png 

KHORA DELUXE

Khora Urushu Skin
Personify the avenging spirit of the forest in armor flowering with deadly blooms. Buying the Urushu skin unlocks the Maculatia Skin only for your Venari. Includes Maculatia Venari Skin, Khora Urushu Agile and Noble animation sets! 

Maculatia Venari Skin
Venari becomes the dark and dangerous woods in this deluxe Pet Skin.    

Khora Urushu Collection
Embody the galaxy’s most dangerous flora with the Urushu Collection. Includes the Khora Urushu Skin, the Veratria Blade and Whip Skin, and the Maculatia Skin for Venari or your favourite Kavat. Includes Khora Urushu Agile and Noble animation sets! 

Veratria Blade and Whip Skin
Tangle your target in a thorny vine with this deceptively floral weapon Skin.

Maculatia Kavat Skin 
Nature at its most brutal comes alive in this deluxe skin for your Kavat.

Khora's deluxe is so pretty! I love the rose theme so much~! 😍🌹 I wish I had the plat to buy both this deluxe collection and her normal collection. Cause I really wanna use and main her. Rip me and my wallet. ;-; lmao.

Spoiler

(And, no, I'm NOT asking for either as a gift. That's rude and a waste of some else's plat to be used on me. I'll get Khora's collection and her deluxe collection someday. ;v; )
(Though I am open to gifts, if your feeling generous~. 👀💕 I would be extremely grateful.)

umm, i find steel path really just a pushover.

as it seems it'll just give us 27500 and 1 MR and that's it, for this to become a relevant update, there should be all bossters applied to it, and allow us to do fissures and all of the other special mission types such as arbitrations and kuva floods ect.

I just read the patch notes and i have to say, i think the point of WHY the community is so pissed at the Xoris nerf is being missed 100%

I, like most people who really care about their builds, already knew that the xoris did NOT affect top damage on any of the frames listed.   We've known for ages how to make builds that do exactly the same thing.  HOWEVER, the problem has to do with the approach DE took towards the nerf.

The xoris does not change the top damage for ANY of the warframes that they are claiming that it does.  This is highly inaccurate and to make the claim that the nerf is being made for damage reasons basically means one of only 2 things:

1)  De does not actually understand the interactions between their own weapons and this is the result of gross incompetence.   They somehow believe that these BIG NUMBERS are the result of the Xoris, and not stat sticks as a whole.   The Xoris only affects the QUALITY OF LIFE of these warframes by doing only one thing:  extending the timer of the combo meter to infinity.  That's it.   Doesn't change the damage, only changes how long you can do this.  As many people have pointed out already, this is already accomplished by using naramon and maybe 1 or 2 time extension mods on your stat stick.

2)  DE flat out lied about the reason.   They knew that the xoris was really a quality of life issue, and decided to lie to the community about it being about damage.

So here we are, stuck between 2 very unhappy places...............   Gross incompetence, or Lying.  

The issue is that people want accountability for the claims.  I also want to make it clear that as developers, DE has the right to do WHATEVER they want with their game.... I have no problem with that, in fact i have NO problem with the nerf quite honestly.  My issue here is the approach to the nerf.   By using language which is stunningly inaccurate, it misleads most people into thinking this is being done for an unrelated reason.

Be up front with the change.  If you wanted it changed because too many people were switching to it (which honestly would probably die down after a month or so once people realize OTHER weapons still have higher top damage for khora/baruuk/etc)..... then say that.  If you wanted to change the Xoris because it doesn't fit the theme of the game, that's fine.  If you wanted to change it because it simply was not intended and this is an interaction you'd like to remove, THAT IS FINE.... But to use the misinformation about "damage" is just absurd.

I think at this point considering how DE keeps doubling down on this damage issue, i really feel like they don't understand how stat sticks work at all...........   That's a whole other issue.  But as for *THIS* issue, i feel an apology about WHY the nerf is being made is warranted.... And honestly, DE, you need no more reason than "We just felt it didn't match with the intentions of the weapon, and so we are making a change."  This is your game at the end of the day and you can design it any way you want.

But please, be honest about your changes and WHY you're doing it.  This kind of unwarranted and deceptive wording is a slap in the face to your playerbase.   It assumes that we don't know how your game works and that we don't know how to mod things on our own.  I personally would appreciate a retraction of WHY this is being nerfed and fix it with a better reason....................  Cause right now you're either a LIAR or GROSSLY INCOMPETENT.    Neither one is a good look.

-Djeneh

On 2020-07-08 at 7:22 PM, Geraion said:

It's so two-faced innit.

I'm a creature of habit, and warframe was fairly integrated there, but I've uninstalled now. Might come back when they actually do what they say the do about listening to feedback. But perhaps they just prefer raking in platinum cash moniez people spend on the riven slot-machine.

Once again, more absurd community outcry. Clearly the Xoris interacting with exalted weapons and weapon mod skills wasn't intentional and it wasn't going to stay that way.
If something is released and has an odd interaction that is obviously bonkers tier broken you can be fairly sure it will be fixed in some way. Have your fun while it lasts then move on.

1 hour ago, Znuff said:

I beg you, do something about Glassmaker Episode 3.

2 minutes in there and it makes me feel like throwing up and I get a headache if I stay for more than 2-3 minutes at a time.

Other clannies are reporting the same issues.

I do not, normally, have any "motion sickness" or anything like that, never felt like this before. But every time I go in there it makes me feel like crap.

Second that.

Took me an hour to complete that. Not because it was hard, but it was hard not to get sick.

W.

T.

F.

hi

tried the update and it failed badly and had to download the msi.

the update did proceed and now i have the user agreement screen in the same shape as it was during the  update.

it just doesnt fit the screen and there is no way to enlarge loading screen. anyone else with the same problem??

i have submitted a ticket and am looking here in the wiki for the same problem that others have faced in this situation

ty in advance

6 minutes ago, Phredd_Pewter said:

Once again, more absurd community outcry. Clearly the Xoris interacting with exalted weapons and weapon mod skills wasn't intentional and it wasn't going to stay that way.
If something is released and has an odd interaction that is obviously bonkers tier broken you can be fairly sure it will be fixed in some way. Have your fun while it lasts then move on.

The thing is Xoris interacted with exalted and weapon skills like any meele. The only difference was keeping combo duration infinite.

While I get the outcry for Xoris (I actually used it myself), I usually just use the Paracesis. Takes quick care of enemies. So please, everyone, calm down about the Xoris. I'm sure they're listening to the community and doing what they can to reverse it. If they aren't, tough toenails. It's life, and we need to live with what we got. That aside... The Steel Path is great.

Archived