Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Path: Update 28.1.0

[DE]Megan

Please revert the Xoris changes, they were not needed at all and you just gutted the weapon beyond usability. There are better stat sticks out there, this was a convenience option that traded raw power for the ability to not have your counter decay. This change is senseless.

Xoris Interaction Changes:
Certain Warframe Abilities and Exalted weapons will now reset the Melee Combo Counter only if the Xoris is being used. The overwhelming Damage output of certain Warframe Abilities was not our intention with an infinite Melee Combo weapon, and the conversation of ‘Xoris or you’re doing it wrong’ is greatly restrictive in terms of player choice.

Warframe Abilities / Exalted Warframe weapons affected by this are:

• Ash Bladestorm
  • Atlas Landslide
  • Baruuk Serene Storm
  • Excalibur Exalted Blade
  • Gara Shattered Lash
  • Khora Whipclaw
  • Valkyr Talons
  • Wukong Iron Staff

The full breakdown can be read here.

Nice Job Ignoring 42+ pages of mostly negative feedback .. 

XORIS WASNT OVERWHELMING DAMAGE (other stat sticks are a lot better damage wise).. It was CONVENIENCE.. Repeat after me CONVENIENCE.

I'm happy that FEEDBACK IS BEING LISTENED TO /sarcasm It makes it a lot easier to not support the company financially when you keep doing bad decisions

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

The overwhelming Damage output of certain Warframe Abilities was not our intention with an infinite Melee Combo weapon, and the conversation of ‘Xoris or you’re doing it wrong’ is greatly restrictive in terms of player choice.

Animated GIF
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.
I hope one day you'll understand your own game. Until then, I'm outta here.

I beg you, do something about Glassmaker Episode 3.

2 minutes in there and it makes me feel like throwing up and I get a headache if I stay for more than 2-3 minutes at a time.

Other clannies are reporting the same issues.

I do not, normally, have any "motion sickness" or anything like that, never felt like this before. But every time I go in there it makes me feel like crap.

Well, this is the first time I've been extremely disappointed by an update. It's dreadfully boring to play in Steel Path, it's not engaging, it's not hard, it just takes too much time to kill things if you don't use meta/exploits, but it's not like the enemy can't win either because they still are all trash mobs that can't do anything. I wanted hard mode, but this isn't hard mode, it's sleep mode.

We don't like the conversation that you HAVE to aim with a mouse. We've completely disabled the use of a computer mouse whenever Warframe is running to complement player controller choice. That's the Xoris nerf in a nutshell.

2 minutes ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

Well, this is the first time I've been extremely disappointed by an update. It's dreadfully boring to play in Steel Path, it's not engaging, it's not hard, it just takes too much time to kill things if you don't use meta/exploits, but it's not like the enemy can't win either because they still are all trash mobs that can't do anything. I wanted hard mode, but this isn't hard mode, it's sleep mode.

Well .. yes.... but thats business as usual for Warframe.... it doesn't have the foundation to be challenging.... its certainly not going to happen over any number of Updates.

2 minutes ago, Scarecrow514 said:

Rewards for Steel path are lame, I'd rather stick with arbitrations if I want the Kuva, also I get a crap ton of endo and arcanes in the process. Steel Path will be forgotten in a little while if those lame rewards are not improved.

Unlike the previous updates i think DE wont care if it dries up simply because all they did was Copy and Paste The Star Chart and added some Zeroes to the enemies. 

A small summary of the main points, in no particular order:

- 257 nodes of the same old same.

- With bullet sponge enemies (Nox, looking at you)

- With more abysmal rewards then ever. Not even a weapon or something, since the gameplay is what we play for. Kuva, yea, alright, but that just feeds into the band-aid riven system loop.

- This is a thing for mid to endgame players, right? Most of us have got millions of resources and mods already so the increased drop chances don't add anything.

- And some Warframes that were 'op' before will see more use then ever because of cheese.

- Power creep will produce a new meta and riven trading will see an uprising. Prices will increase substantially because of necessity.

Whoopedy whoo.

Aight?

9 minutes ago, Eenbeen said:

Thank you for the update, but please consider making Steel essence a guaranteed drop from playing Steel Path and not just a "unicorn-sighting" drop chance.

This. I'd rather have to get a lot more Steel Essence to buy stuff and have it be a guaranteed 100% drop chance than to have to have only a small number of Steel Essence and have it be a low drop chance.

Back to using naramon and a riven with +234 Damage and +126 Toxin on my Khora stat stick, I guess. I feel so liberated now that I am no longer forced to use a weapon with less damage potential. I really hated playing when I just had to use the Xoris. I'm so glad DE returned the diversity to stat sticks now that everyone will just use the weapon with the best riven. Fake diversity is the best diversity is what my Meemaw always used to say.  Thanks DE!

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Stance Forma Blueprint - this Forma type was introduced in Operation: Scarlet Spear. In the interest of having it more widely available, we are adding it to the Steel Path! This Forma allows for an added touch of flexibility in Melee weapons for those who seek it out! 

Totally useless forma made more available, while Umbra Formas still locked on 6+ months nightwave updates.

Real rewards for hard mode? You don't need credits or more resources if you are doing the hard mode. You are supposed to do it later in the game when you already have stuff. Doesn't make any sense.

I am... not wild about that Khora skin. I'm a sucker for anything rose-themed but she looks like an angry artichoke.

Steel Path is FANTASTIC and exactly what the game's been needing for a while -- just harder missions, no bulls***. I'm a bit concerned that if it gets too many rewards added it'll just power creep in and become the new standard (leaving the current "endgame" content in the dust) but for now it's pretty much perfect.

This has been a year of really consistently great updates so far, keep it up! 😄

1 minute ago, Evhel said:

Totally useless forma made more available, while Umbra Formas still locked on 6+ months nightwave updates.

Agree! Stance Formas can be good but not right now. Less to no Melee benefit from using more than one stance 😕

Archived