Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path..."It's dead, Jim."

Jaccsen

1 hour ago, Takamori said:

Friend of mine is playing for the room decoration. I helped him yesterday with Alad V assassination and we got a steel essence, fun enough he cheered and at the same time when I asked him what we can do with this essence, he answered with : " Oh you can buy garbage with it from Tenshi"

Overall as my first hard mode, I didn't feel anything special besides the numbers and occasional damage spike. Would require to know the developer theory from this.

Its a pure assumption from my part but I think they want a place where the people that did Min Max have a playground to push their potential and feel they are at the brink at the same time. But the whole shtick of an ARPG is to have a balance between Defense and Offensive, suggestion would be to add a an emphasis on the defensive part and add map mods where it requires the person to adapt their mods instead of one size fits all builds that we have now since there is almost no penalty to not invest in defense that much.

What it is:
 Higher Difficulty Series of content that rewards exclusive cosmetic decorations, emotes, and mastery.
An extra layer of opportunity for players to use their powerful gear to take on threats at a higher level without having to wait in missions for long periods of time.
 A way to engage with some better scaling Affinity and Mod Rewards.

What it isn’t:
- intended to be associated with the nebulous ‘end game’ topic.
- overly complicated in its goal to simply provide higher level content and some exclusive rewards.
- tiered. We are providing one 100+ level pass to be cognizant of matchmaking for our first iteration. 

9小时前 , Jaccsen 说:

Honestly, I am MR29. I have most everything in the game but I still need endo, formsas, umbra formas, legendary cores etc. 

The Steel Path offers nothing of what I need in the game outside of a few decos. The essence drop rate is a joke and there is nothing worth it on the vendor. It is better to run normal mode for just about anything I still need in the game.

In another week, Steel Path will be dead outside of a handful of people who "want a challenge." You will not get people playing it after the rest of the base drops it so it will be a dead mode.

If you need endo SP already provide most efficient way to farm endo which you can get 4000 endo in 90s.

22 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but based on your activity in this thread, I take it that the reward is the most important aspect of content for you.

Personally, I don't feel the same way.

I think the stake we each have in playing Warframe is far too different for us to have a meaningful discussion.

Warframe is a looter shooter.

The entire game revolves around killing things and taking their stuff. 

59 minutes ago, Jaccsen said:

Warframe is a looter shooter.

The entire game revolves around killing things and taking their stuff. 

You are aware people are still allowed to play a game they pay for any way they please, right? 

If I want to play this game doing nothing but fashion frame and taking pictures of my characters and sharing it with my friends. Then I am allowed to do that.

Maybe I'm missing something.....are people getting banned for doing fashion frame because it doesn't meet the "looter shooter" requirements? 

Do people get banned for not equipping guns and only using melee? It is a looter "shooter" like you stated, correct? 

Maybe you can help clear this up for some of us that aren't following your own definition of how people should play their own game. 

On 2020-07-20 at 10:07 AM, AperoBeltaTwo said:

You are not forced to do anything. There are things that the game incentivizes and things it doesn't. There are currently multiple content islands in the game without any incentives to engage with them past initial curiocity. Why spend time and money developing new content if it's not rooted into the rest of the game's effort-reward loop?...dunno?

There are incentives if you have an imagination. I have every Vox Solaris arcane that I need. I guess I'm done with that content, right? 

No, because I can continue to sell or those arcanes for plat, which I can use to help other players or anything I can put my mind to. 

Crazy, huh?

I have all eidolon arcanes, no reason to do them anymore right? Oh wait....I forgot...I love eidolons and do them for fun, the rewards are just a plus. I can also sell or give those away to people that dont want to do eidolons.

I have a smeeta with 7 forma, no reason to make cats anymore right? 

Well, I'm gonna stop here but you get the point.

Here's a thought: It's not for you. 

Steel Path was made at the specific request of players not wanting to play an hour or more of endless missions just to get enemies as tanky as this. And it was also spawned out of DE's frustration at all the streamers and youtubers doing build videos or what have you in overly curated Simulacrum settings rather then showing gameplay in the actual gameplay. 

It was going to be a niche thing from the start. For the ones who were into it before it was even a concept in DE's minds. This was never advertized as endgame content. Just something for min-maxed players to sink their teeth into that was not Simulacrum or a burnout inducing tedium of endless missions. 

Personally, I am picking away at Steel Path, slow and steady. A node or few a day. I do wish it'd be less bullet-sponge, especially with Grineer. As a game mode I think it would of worked better if rather then defenses being boosted by how it is. They would of instead given all enemies a flat resistance to all non-IPS damage types and frame abilities. Maybe it could of worked better, make enemies tougher and not die at the slightest touch of a Saryn spore but also not make them flat out nigh unkillable if they are armored and you aren't using cheesecake meta. 

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

There are incentives if you have an imagination.

It's the game devs' imagination that's required here lol. Rewards have been a problem in warframe for years and you not gonna talk it away, or wish that problem away somehow with application of your personal imagination.  

25 minutes ago, Lakais said:

Here's a thought: It's not for you. 

You gonna lose a lot of people along the way with that kind of mindset.

46 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

There are incentives if you have an imagination. I have every Vox Solaris arcane that I need. I guess I'm done with that content, right? 

No, because I can continue to sell or those arcanes for plat, which I can use to help other players or anything I can put my mind to. 

Crazy, huh?

So in other words, you have no incentives to farm things for your personal use because there is no direct use for said things to begin with: You can only farm things so you can replace them with other things. Effectively getting rid of them.

I made a thread about that over a year ago, with the tittle being quite explicit on the sentiment: The problem with "one and done" rewards and their relation to an endgame (AKA: What do I do with 7 copies of Adaptation?)

There is no use for the second or 7th copy other than plat trading

You may not see that as a problem by citing that plat has an inherent value, which is true, but that's besides the point of the core rewards structure being "one and done" affairs outside plat trading. There is no incentive to engage again with said content ever again outside market trading.

The only exceptions here are Arcanes (Because you need 21 for max) and Kuva Liches (Because of Valence). Other that, content is designed to be consumed once and then forgotten, which is (In my opinion) not good game design in a game that resolves around loot.

57 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

So in other words, you have no incentives to farm things for your personal use because there is no direct use for said things to begin with: You can only farm things so you can replace them with other things. Effectively getting rid of them.

I made a thread about that over a year ago, with the tittle being quite explicit on the sentiment: The problem with "one and done" rewards and their relation to an endgame (AKA: What do I do with 7 copies of Adaptation?)

You may not see that as a problem by citing that plat has an inherent value, which is true, but that's besides the point of the core rewards structure being "one and done" affairs outside plat trading. There is no incentive to engage again with said content ever again outside market trading.

The only exceptions here are Arcanes (Because you need 21 for max) and Kuva Liches (Because of Valence). Other that, content is designed to be consumed once and then forgotten, which is (In my opinion) not good game design in a game that resolves around loot.

I read your thread and that's a fair assessment, and even though I dont agree with the small power creep increases, I agree something else could be done. 

Someone in your thread also said things like mods should be taken out of rotation for something else and the mods put in a vendor. 

Thatd be cool if we could turn extra rewards into something focus related, but that also wouldn't mean anything unless DE expanded the focus system, which could increase more power creep I guess.

I don't have a problem with power creep, either, I just know everyone else will.

I guess I honestly don't even really know what to do or what DE could or would do about this. But I understand your frustrations.

1 hour ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

It's the game devs' imagination that's required here lol. Rewards have been a problem in warframe for years and you not gonna talk it away, or wish that problem away somehow with application of your personal imagination.  

You gonna lose a lot of people along the way with that kind of mindset.

It's more realistic to say "It's not for you, yet."

There are a lot of players that still need to work on their builds, as evidenced by someone taking 20min to kill a steel path boss. 

Some of these people should be asking for advice instead of saying "I cant do this, its trash." Or basically placing the blame on anything except them.

On 2020-07-21 at 5:02 PM, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

It's more realistic to say "It's not for you, yet."

There are a lot of players that still need to work on their builds, as evidenced by someone taking 20min to kill a steel path boss. 

Some of these people should be asking for advice instead of saying "I cant do this, its trash." Or basically placing the blame on anything except them.

I solo'd almost the entire Steel Path. It is boring. The rewards bite for doing more difficult content. They should have increased Endo drops/rewards at a minimum.

1 minute ago, Jaccsen said:

I solo'd almost the entire Steel Path. It is boring. The rewards bite for doing more difficult content. They should have increased Endo drops/rewards at a minimum.

Yea, doesnt matter to me, I'm playing for the content. With more endo I'd just sell more Primed mods either way so it's either or. Although you'd just get inexperienced players looking for carrys because it would turn into an endo farm. Which would result in people like me going solo more often because I'm not playing steel path to help MR 10s get endo. But I see what you mean.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Yea, doesnt matter to me, I'm playing for the content. With more endo I'd just sell more Primed mods either way so it's either or. Although you'd just get inexperienced players looking for carrys because it would turn into an endo farm. Which would result in people like me going solo more often because I'm not playing steel path to help MR 10s get endo. But I see what you mean.

I still need Endo, personally. My experience with Steel Path is that people are already just soloing or clanning it.

Also, half the time anyone did join a mission, they leeched.

6 minutes ago, Jaccsen said:

I'm hoping they plan to integrate steel path with the rest of the game more. I don't focus farm for endo anymore, so it would be welcome if steel path would have increased Endo layered over my grind for other things like cracking relics, sorties, etc. 

I'm enjoying it, but I'm definitely taking my time while they consider improvements

4 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I'm hoping they plan to integrate steel path with the rest of the game more. I don't focus farm for endo anymore, so it would be welcome if steel path would have increased Endo layered over my grind for other things like cracking relics, sorties, etc. 

I'm enjoying it, but I'm definitely taking my time while they consider improvements

Wasn't that the plan from the get go?

18 minutes ago, Kimimoto said:

Like what kind of logic even is this? Why do you even feel the need to respond to threads?

With this kind of logic, DE can fix any issue of this game by just saying they don't force you to play it.

Not for me, literally only reason I'm playing now. Rest of the game is trash tbh, until infested open world in a week or so. I can level up my weapons, and farm massive affinity and endo SOLO. 

SP is exactly what they said it would be, and I like it. It simply needs some additional rewards to refresh it, later on. 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

"Rest of the game is trash tbh"

Your capable and understanding Warframe community....lol. Totally nothing wrong with this statement, like at all.

Agree to disagree. For a lot of us, there hasnt been anything to do, beyond unlocking a couple of new weapons and a garbage frame. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Gotcha. Utilizing a game for years on end, then calling everything you just did trash because you're done with it.

You just literally described the direction DE has taken Warframe over the last 4 years. So you can understand the frustration 🙂

Archived