Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path..."It's dead, Jim."

Jaccsen

4 minutes ago, Morthal said:

You just literally described the direction DE has taken Warframe over the last 4 years. So you can understand the frustration 🙂

Playing a game for years then becoming bitter is hardly a new concept. If you don't like it....well I'll chill on "that" saying, I know it gets the community up in arms fast.

They need to either up and streamline eximus spawn or increase the drop rate of Steel Essence because it is a drag to have to sit for an hour + to get anything worthwhile out of a run. So far the consistancy is there, I get 20 or so in 60-70 mins with minimal smeeta luck and no 2x booster. The problem is that it takes around 45 minutes to get to the point where the eximus are common enough spawns, this means 45 minutes of boredom since it is too trivial for a "hard" mode.

It would be great if they did something so the 45 minutes are also rewarding. Even if that means spreading out the eximus spawns more across the whole run, so the end reward total is still the same. That way we could achieve the same amount in two 30 minute runs, three 20 minute runs or a single hour run.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Playing a game for years then becoming bitter is hardly a new concept. If you don't like it....well I'll chill on "that" saying, I know it gets the community up in arms fast.

You missed the point entirely, not surprising though. I still play Skyrim, despite having done it all and being abandoned by the retards who developed it, passionate modders continue to provide improvements and add replay value to an otherwise dead game. 
Warframe could benefit from simple improvements that have long been ignored in favor of new guns/warframes. Also like your own previous statement about players finishing content and calling it trash, DE has created that way of thinking. 

I'm not at fault for completely blowing through Steel Path and finding the rewards and challenge to be lacking, that's purely a misstep on the developers side. They play it safe too often, only taking risks on what would usually be a no brainer considering past failures. Example: We may be getting another "Open World" area soon, likely Infested...with *BOUNTIES*--yay! 
Meh. There's so much potential for growth it's disgusting but for now it feel like the old farmer feel asleep while milking his cow.

11 minutes ago, Morthal said:

You missed the point entirely, not surprising though. I still play Skyrim, despite having done it all and being abandoned by the retards who developed it, passionate modders continue to provide improvements and add replay value to an otherwise dead game. 
Warframe could benefit from simple improvements that have long been ignored in favor of new guns/warframes. Also like your own previous statement about players finishing content and calling it trash, DE has created that way of thinking. 

I'm not at fault for completely blowing through Steel Path and finding the rewards and challenge to be lacking, that's purely a misstep on the developers side. They play it safe too often, only taking risks on what would usually be a no brainer considering past failures. Example: We may be getting another "Open World" area soon, likely Infested...with *BOUNTIES*--yay! 
Meh. There's so much potential for growth it's disgusting but for now it feel like the old farmer feel asleep while milking his cow.

"Heavy lies the crown."

If you think you can do better: https://www.digitalextremes.com/careers

1 minute ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

"Heavy lies the crown."

If you think you can do better: https://www.digitalextremes.com/careers

I'd probably think the same thing myself but reality would set in almost immediately. I can't just get hired and expect to be in control of their mess. You're using a fantasy way of thinking, the only way this game gets better is when the developers either get replaced with more passionate people or they can manage to get their sh*t together on their own, hopefully by using advice from the players who've stuck around this long.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Gotcha. Utilizing a game for years on end, then calling everything you just did trash because you're done with it. 

I've only played for about 6 months.

On 2020-07-19 at 2:45 PM, Jaccsen said:

The steel path is dead.

It is rare, at best, to find groups for it. It's cool that I have found that I can solo the content as I was never that confident in my abilities in the past; however, it is decidedly not fun to slog though all the old content for terrible rewards. Steel Essences barely drop and base planet rewards are a joke. They could have increased the Endo levels at the very least.

Overall, the Steel Path is terrible. I plan to finish it and never go back. It is not worth it.

I left SWTOR because they forced you to grind the old content over and over again but at least they gave you new rewards for running it!

It was or is something to do, so you finished it, and probably got all of Teshin's rewards,  congratulations..I know some players  aced through it flat out with perhaps no sleep.. DE is constantly adding to the game at their own pace.. Not every player has nothing else to do other than play warframe or games. In fact This game has been a bit of a distraction with doing some of my art, and as soon as I finish a new content objective, and decide to have a brake and go to my art, there is always something new lol...and I put the art down for later.. again. Well also had been recovering from COVID-19 and a long hauler too which much of my daytime had been taken over by sleep ~I don't play much anything else than Warframe, because I find the game huge in itself and it is growing, and don't have time for other games... only if my internet is down.. I would play something that doesn't require an internet connection. It is something to do when you got nothing else to do... why don't challenge yourself for 60 minute survivals in steel path mode or something and see how hectic the enemies become. It is a game... and like everything in life, enjoy the now, the moment.. It was something DE added to the game as an extra to keep people busy while they create new content.. They are trying to please everybody.

19 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

I've only played for about 6 months.

You joined 23 months ago, give or take a few weeks. At least according to your forum profile.

I'm not accusing you of anything, but would you mind explaining the difference?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Gotcha. Utilizing a game for years on end, then calling everything you just did trash because you're done with it. 

Otherwise you could say "you can't call trash what you didn't try".

9 hours ago, Morthal said:

I'd probably think the same thing myself but reality would set in almost immediately. I can't just get hired and expect to be in control of their mess. You're using a fantasy way of thinking, the only way this game gets better is when the developers either get replaced with more passionate people or they can manage to get their sh*t together on their own, hopefully by using advice from the players who've stuck around this long.

We're all here and so is the game after eight years...which says their sh*t is definitely together. We're just sitting in the stands yelling at the star players as they win the game, as if we could do better. Such is the fun of the forums! Lol!

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Morthal:

You just literally described the direction DE has taken Warframe over the last 4 years. So you can understand the frustration 🙂

Yet people are still here, why i ask, if over 4 years are the same, why not leave? I mean, people act like they holding on some falls hope that things will be one day better.

A game is one day done, you have all, you finished, and yes you put time and money in it but not able to let go is your own problem i say, NO GAME can provide fun forever, it depends what you see as fun and rewarding, people who try to play a game for years and forever, i am too in Warframe since i tihnk 6 years? But i take breaks, play other games, this is how games work, why this whole "Games as a Service" mentality lately is the whole opposite, milking it for money really like most games are today, without much effort.

DE i believe tho are honest, even if i have my own gripes with things but i still trust them more then things like EA, Ubisoft, etc. But people need to stop demanding honestly, most have Steel Path rushed already, Solo on top, those are egoistic, now people which not play the "meta" are holded back, not finding groups, and no i not mean people getting "carried" as some would say, i say people who try simply things for fun and PLAY in a GAME and not make it your second job.

People forget that DE adjust to casuals, not because they want no skill but because those generate money mostly but also simply that most people simply not have that much time in there life, some play this game for like 1 hour at best a day, weekend maybe 3 hours, most of my friends not got time simply,  and this is the main problem, people who got to much time on there hand honestly and not see it, i as example are without job at the moment, i got time, but i not overplay this simply, i see the problems.

This is not the old days anymore like in WoW where you had to raid the whole weekend literally, as fun it can be for one time, it burns out if done to often, and this is the main problem again with such online games that keep updating, people have to realize the game has literally ended for them, come back later, do small things that are new, then break again, if you feel this is not enough content for you then you simply should all consider that this game won't get better anymore, it is at it's limits honestly, if you all stubbornly hold on for more "content" tho, that is your own problem and not DE's or any other companys.

Sure DE could tweak to make it more lifely again but for how long? I rather honestly have this kind of game where i can be done with somethign rather then it trying to make me literally play forever. A goal i can archive and be done with, simple as it is.

55 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Barely finished half of the nodes on Venus and I'm already bored to death. Can't even get myself to run the game nowadays.

Here's a crazy concept some of content rushers may not have heard about: 

"It is a normal phenomenon if it follows prolonged physical or mental activity, and resolves completely with rest."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatigue

18 hours ago, Loza03 said:

You joined 23 months ago, give or take a few weeks. At least according to your forum profile.

I'm not accusing you of anything, but would you mind explaining the difference?

Yeah I would mind. 

11 hours ago, Marine027 said:

NO GAME can provide fun forever

Chess, Tetris, Elder Scrolls, D&D, Smash Bros., Castlevania...the list is very long for games that are and always will provide fun no matter the length of time since their release. The really sad part here is that Warframe is "Games as a service" whose goal is to provide fun over a longer period of time. 

11 hours ago, Marine027 said:

Sure DE could tweak to make it more lifely again but for how long?

Indefinitely. 

5 hours ago, Morthal said:

Chess, Tetris, Elder Scrolls, D&D, Smash Bros., Castlevania...the list is very long for games that are and always will provide fun no matter the length of time since their release. The really sad part here is that Warframe is "Games as a service" whose goal is to provide fun over a longer period of time. 

Indefinitely. 

Newsflash: there are people that dont like those games either. 

It's almost like its completely subjective and your personal truth isn't objective. Nuts....

5 hours ago, Morthal said:

Indefinitely. 

I havent touched 1000 hrs in ANY of those games. Tetris might come the closest. Chess, Smash Bros is PvP, that doesnt count.

Yea the Steel Path right now just sucks. It's better for resource and XP farming but that's really about it. The rewards you get from Teshin are disappointing to put it politely. For some reason DE didn't add real incentives for us to play the mode and grind for the ridiculously rare Steel Essence, like adding Umbra Forma to the reward shop, or adding new Primed mods like Primed Streamline or Primed Stretch, or some new cool weapons like Teshin's own Dual Katana's.

Nothing like that at all. Just some cosmetics, a relic pack, stance forma and some kuva. Really disappointing.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Morthal:

Indefinitely. 

Fun you can have whenever you want, a single player game, but a online game with so many different players and opinions? No.

I speaking of games that try to keep updating due demand, Tetris not needs such, you play it for the memorys and the fun, not a rewards, fancy archivement or to level up.

Todays cames not seem to work without such anymore, that is my main point, those old games work because they never needed such, they were made to mainly be fun and make money second, todays games, money first, gamplay and fun second sadly.

7 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Yea the Steel Path right now just sucks. It's better for resource and XP farming but that's really about it. The rewards you get from Teshin are disappointing to put it politely. For some reason DE didn't add real incentives for us to play the mode and grind for the ridiculously rare Steel Essence, like adding Umbra Forma to the reward shop, or adding new Primed mods like Primed Streamline or Primed Stretch, or some new cool weapons like Teshin's own Dual Katana's.

Nothing like that at all. Just some cosmetics, a relic pack, stance forma and some kuva. Really disappointing.

We already knew that.

What it is:
 Higher Difficulty Series of content that rewards exclusive cosmetic decorations, emotes, and mastery.
An extra layer of opportunity for players to use their powerful gear to take on threats at a higher level without having to wait in missions for long periods of time.
 A way to engage with some better scaling Affinity and Mod Rewards.

What it isn’t:
 - intended to be associated with the nebulous ‘end game’ topic.
 - overly complicated in its goal to simply provide higher level content and some exclusive rewards.
 - tiered. We are providing one 100+ level pass to be cognizant of matchmaking for our first iteration.

It's only your problem if you weren't aware.

Archived