Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path..."It's dead, Jim."

Jaccsen

The steel path is dead.

It is rare, at best, to find groups for it. It's cool that I have found that I can solo the content as I was never that confident in my abilities in the past; however, it is decidedly not fun to slog though all the old content for terrible rewards. Steel Essences barely drop and base planet rewards are a joke. They could have increased the Endo levels at the very least.

Overall, the Steel Path is terrible. I plan to finish it and never go back. It is not worth it.

I left SWTOR because they forced you to grind the old content over and over again but at least they gave you new rewards for running it!

Pfff. Play for fun and stop complaining. Read this, if DE ever ships ultra hard mode I hope they remove rewards. As long as I’m having F U N seeing those red crits with my melee and my 10k plat riven I don’t care about anything else.

What happened with FUN FIRST? 

F    U    N

U

N

/s

They took too much time in developing what is basically a level increase, sortie modifier and copypasted rewards from Arbi (that only got there after the test cluster).

I’m sure they will improve it futhermore but as of right now... Meh.

3 minutes ago, Alpha_Tango said:

Just like what I said, I was not forced to grind for mastery. I finished it for the experience. Not even for the rewards but I am thankful anyway.

Ok, maybe not "forced" but they still released a mode that is just not fun to play. It is fun to get rewarded for playing higher level content. It is not fun to just grind out a node for 6k credits.

They fact that you cannot find groups makes it even more not fun. The few who run it will be done in 1-2 weeks and you'll never see groups again outside of "maybe" large clans.

It is more fun with groups.

Also, half the time when you do get someone to join you, it is a leech. People load in an wait for you to solo the node and do nothing.

9 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

They've put work into something not worth playing

How many times I've heard those words about every damn freature put into this game, I wonder?

I think it was in every single one.

Also, this applies to the normal starchart.

4 minutes ago, Melanholic7 said:

It never was planned as pub mode even.....people asked just for ability to create high level missions just for hard enemies. And they made even more....so stop this pls.

Find group in recruit chat and thats all

Sorry, no. They released content that it not fun to play. They can make it more fun by making it worthwhile to run. 

You have your opinion and that it fine but shutting down discussion because you do not like the topic is not cool.

1 minute ago, Butterfly85 said:

Maybe most people who are doing this are in pre-made groups? Can't blame them given how patchy regular pub missions are with people turning up with snot for gear and getting stomped.

Then it would help if DE solved the problem of patchy gear etc.

8 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

No, the starchart is essential since this is how you choose what mission to go to

... Are you actually serious?

You CHOOSE what mission to go to? And you dont do so in Steel Path? You follow a damned grid in both of them, you dont have a choice if you want to progress.

In a way, SP is less restricting because you dont need to meet the requirements of the Junctions to progress to the next planet/moon.

The Normal Starchart is essential? Sure it is, you have to do it if you want to progress. But its more restricted, you MUST do certian things to progress. Steel path? Unless you are planning to grab the mastery of every node and the extra bits ffrom completition Teshin gives, you can just follow the main grid and forgo a lot of extra nodes.

38 minutes ago, Jaccsen said:

The steel path is dead.

It is rare, at best, to find groups for it. It's cool that I have found that I can solo the content as I was never that confident in my abilities in the past; however, it is decidedly not fun to slog though all the old content for terrible rewards. Steel Essences barely drop and base planet rewards are a joke. They could have increased the Endo levels at the very least.

Overall, the Steel Path is terrible. I plan to finish it and never go back. It is not worth it.

I left SWTOR because they forced you to grind the old content over and over again but at least they gave you new rewards for running it!

Question, off the top of your head, when was the last time you ran Calypso on the regular starchart without a secondary reason like invasions, nightmares, Simaris, or the like? 

Does the same apply to the majority of the nodes on the starchart? 

If you haven't noticed yet.  The hole years content has been copy and paste. .  Just changing numbers. .  Warframe revised. ..  railjack revisited. ... and the steel parth.     This is easy on dev time . just play with the number and called it an update. ..   we are 7 months into the so called new war. .. so...  boy this war is boring. ....

If it doesn't get iterated on, (sadly like most pieces of the game), it will be extremly fringe in the future. There is atm only few missions that are kinda worth doing in SP:

- latest tier of Dark Sector Survivals for essences, can also farm mutagen sample in eris, kind of two bird one stone there for dojos late on the Hema

- various tiers of disruption if you can handle it fluidly, because you get few eximus guaranteed spawn for essences, last time I checked nobody was running those so I got my keys in pub groups and beeing 4 is faster than beeing 1

- targeted episodical farms like 2 argon crystals

There may be resurgence of some missions for targeted mod grinding as well

To be successfull SP needs to adapt some of the other core mechanics like nightmares, sorties, void fissures and kuva floods. (Or bring new kind of dynamic events). It is already quite generous in terms of ressources etc but it's very fringe in the end. And mastery wise, it makes sense right now, but at a point we will get so deep into mr 30 that nobody will even think about playing that to get mastery.

3 minutes ago, Jaccsen said:

Ok, maybe not "forced" but they still released a mode that is just not fun to play. It is fun to get rewarded for playing higher level content. It is not fun to just grind out a node for 6k credits.

They fact that you cannot find groups makes it even more not fun. The few who run it will be done in 1-2 weeks and you'll never see groups again outside of "maybe" large clans.

It is more fun with groups.

Also, half the time when you do get someone to join you, it is a leech. People load in an wait for you to solo the node and do nothing.

I don't think it is that hard to believe that there are players who can have fun doing it solo. Like it is not impossible for a player to consider the experience as the reward itself. Your requirement of going through it with "groups" to have your brand of fun can easily be remedied.

Guess good thing the mode is totally optional and doesn't force you to do it then with exclusive high value rewards or anything. I'll keep playing it because it makes solo play enjoyable, but if that's not your thing then just wait for something else.

The point of this mode wasn't to be a high population meta thing, it's rewards are conservative and it's development time was minimal, it's meant to be just an optional modifier for those who want it, and if those are few no big deal the mode didn't cost much to develop and its just there to fill a niche to begin with. Other content exists for people who want meta farms or explicit power progressors, and there will probably be more content like that in the future to further feed the want, not every content can be everything and that's fine, and if steel path isn't your slice of pie that's fine, just leave it at not being your flavor then and keep living your life.

Trying to warp it into some high compulsion farm would just result in the same cycle we've had time and time again of people not looking for gameplay asking for it to be made easier or making a ruckus, DE tuning it down, then the people wanting the engagement feeling left out next and then we devolve into a nonsense cycle of impossible fulfillment we've been at for years. This mode is a small parcel for those who want the engagement, let them have it, your life and gaming experience will not be ruined by an alternative mode for others existing.  

42 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

You CHOOSE what mission to go to? And you dont do so in Steel Path?

That wasn't at all what my comment was about

What I meant is that you need the starchart to progress. SP is just a copy paste with almost everything already unlocked (by unlocked I mean you don't have to do the requirements since they are the same as the normal starchart). i.e. besides enemy sponges they didn't add anything else to SP

45 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

The Normal Starchart is essential? Sure it is, you have to do it if you want to progress. But its more restricted, you MUST do certian things to progress. Steel path? Unless you are planning to grab the mastery of every node and the extra bits ffrom completition Teshin gives, you can just follow the main grid and forgo a lot of extra nodes.

Yes, like you said, it's called progress, every game in existence has this. How is progress restricting? You're not gonna give a new player everything from the beginning

I think (& hope) that this is not what you mean, but from this comment, what I get is: "starchart bad because restricting progress, steel path good because everything's unlocked"

Tell me what reason do I have to run steel path beyond the mastery? This is yet another island

30 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

That wasn't at all what my comment was about

What I meant is that you need the starchart to progress. SP is just a copy paste with almost everything already unlocked (by unlocked I mean you don't have to do the requirements since they are the same as the normal starchart). i.e. besides enemy sponges they didn't add anything else to SP

Yeah, that was exactly what they advertised Steel Path would be. Your point?

30 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Yes, like you said, it's called progress, every game in existence has this. How is progress restricting? You're not gonna give a new player everything from the beginning

I think (& hope) that this is not what you mean, but from this comment, what I get is: "starchart bad because restricting progress, steel path good because everything's unlocked"

No, you are the one saying that.

31 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Tell me what reason do I have to run steel path beyond the mastery? This is yet another island

What reason you have? From the way you have been speaking here: None. Then again, at this point: everything is an island.

1 hour ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

They've put work into something not worth playing

I mean, they didn't put a lot of work in. Minimal new assets, same modifier system as already in use, even the boosters seem to be using existing booster code, and the drop mechanic from eximus is basically the same as the Rising Tide or Oberon drops. Chances are this was no more work than Frame Fighter, especially given that it's being made alongside whatever they're planning for Tennocon.

Honestly, there's a good chance they just shipped it and Dog Days to tide the playerbase over until Tennocon, which I'm OK with. It's a challenge mode. It doesn't need to be a game-changer.

Archived