The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

So this question just came up to me and i couldn´t find a recent question to this topic nor a recent answer. 

Is there a way to transfer my PS 4 account over to PC 

AND

are there plans for future Cross-Play functions?

Both of the mentioned Ideas/Problems could go hand in hand pretty well. (Even with sony not wanting to loose players since there would be XPlay)

welcome to the forums tenno ^.^ 

Sadly nope DE is working on cross-save not cross-play you can't play with people across different console but will be able to have your progression saved on all platform.

Sadly at the moment it is not implemented.

hace 58 minutos, (PS4)NoblemanMiau dijo:

So this question just came up to me and i couldn´t find a recent question to this topic nor a recent answer. 

AND

Both of the mentioned Ideas/Problems could go hand in hand pretty well. (Even with sony not wanting to loose players since there would be XPlay)

Really ? you could not find i answer to that ? ... you have really big problems then .... there is only this week like easy 4 or 5 threads about that .... its that hard to use the "search" on a forum ?

1 hour ago, (PS4)NoblemanMiau said:

AND

Answer is no. You gotta convince all of the platforms to allow it first. 

Crossplay...DE....They can do this.....easily actually...but the hurdle is microsoft and sony and Nintendo.....all three deliberately discourage and make it difficult on purpose to stop this.

The BIG 3 make money from you paying them to play...so they are deliberately trying to milk every cent they can.

Thats the truth of the matter.

If you are wondering why the MOBAs are doing crossplay.....lol...simplistic PVP games which have not had a actual real change for years...kind of a no brainer....heck they dont even have a real memory foot print....because they are super simplistic.  The only changes as of late are like new hats or a new costume, which had already been made years ago.

44 minutes ago, PsychicKitty said:

Crossplay...DE....They can do this.....easily actually...

Actually not that easily.

I mean to do crossplay then the versions of the game would need to be exactly the same...which means they would need to slow down any PC updates till they can update on every console.  They do this for some big updates but not the smaller ones.
Want to know why?  Because if a bug appears on the PC version they can turn around and fix that within hours.  On consoles though?  They need to submit the patch to certification (which costs money) and this takes close to a week to certify the patch.  This means that for any bugs everyone would be left with them for a week or so while we wait for patches to get certified.
Such a great idea!!

And this could be utterly disastrous.  For example there have been bugs on PC in the past that crashed clients as their inbox opened to show a new event video, and since it auto-played upon logging into the game that means you can't avoid the crash!  Sure it didn't affect everyone but it affected a ton of people.
DE was able to get the bug fixed in hours on PC because they can just push out the fixes immediately.
Now imagine how the game would be if a bug like that hit live and they now need to wait for the fixes to be certified and released on all platforms before they can patch anyone in order to keep crossplay working?

Further DE has promised time and again that they wouldn't slow down PC patches just to ensure that the versions keep in lock-step with each other.

Cross save needs to happen. I would love to start playing this game on my PC but, will not put the time or money back into a fresh account. It really is asking to much for some long time players that have years in this game to do it again on another platform. I can understand the difficulty of cross-play but, cross save needs to happen. I will keep my eyes peeled and hope the day comes that they announce this.

1 minute ago, (PS4)quietenergy said:

Cross save needs to happen. I would love to start playing this game on my PC but, will not put the time or money back into a fresh account. It really is asking to much for some long time players that have years in this game to do it again on another platform. I can understand the difficulty of cross-play but, cross save needs to happen. I will keep my eyes peeled and hope the day comes that they announce this.

Someone posted that even cross save is looking darn near impossible because of the way the platinum system works on consoles, if they implemented cross save, you could buy plat on the cheap on pc, then go spend it on PS4 for discounted frame or Tennogen.

Also people would just shop the various states of primed disapointment.

il y a 30 minutes, Kconvey a dit :

Someone posted that even cross save is looking darn near impossible because of the way the platinum system works on consoles, if they implemented cross save, you could buy plat on the cheap on pc, then go spend it on PS4 for discounted frame or Tennogen.

Ah. I could see that going terribly wrong with your example. Still will keep my hopes in the possibility that I will play this game on PC someday with my inventory from console. Haha Primed disappointment.

7 hours ago, Kconvey said:

They could separate out the platinum across the platforms, but that'd be confusing and a hassle to set up.

On 2020-07-20 at 4:06 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

cross save is supposedly the next step for warframe

cross play has been discussed but it would only be after cross save if ever 

https://cogconnected.com/2020/05/cross-save-warframe/

https://www.pcgamesn.com/warframe/cross-save

example articles

but given this was prior to the pandemic and that most if not all of de's (limited) 200 staff is working from home makes it hard and slow to do large scale projects  

to be fair these sources are enough, i just wanted closure, knowing its in the radar is enough for me

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it needs a big petition, or more meetings, or maybe for us to band together and yell at Sony as a whole, but even though I'm planning on buying a ps5, I don't want to keep being stuck to just playing on console Warframe. I have so many people who play Warframe on pc who I would love to squad up with, but it's honestly ridiculous that for a multi-platform game of this scale I'm just supposed to leave behind all the progress and years I've put into this game all because I also own a pc now. Even just a one time migration onto pc, I would literally take any option if it meant I could appreciate this game on the proper platform without having to lose all the Primes, blueprints, mods ,and work I've earned over the years I've played.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Durarada said:

I don't know if it needs a big petition, or more meetings, or maybe for us to band together and yell at Sony as a whole, but even though I'm planning on buying a ps5, I don't want to keep being stuck to just playing on console Warframe. I have so many people who play Warframe on pc who I would love to squad up with, but it's honestly ridiculous that for a multi-platform game of this scale I'm just supposed to leave behind all the progress and years I've put into this game all because I also own a pc now. Even just a one time migration onto pc, I would literally take any option if it meant I could appreciate this game on the proper platform without having to lose all the Primes, blueprints, mods ,and work I've earned over the years I've played.

You're petitioning the wrong people. You gotta petition Sony, MS, Nintendo and Steam to allow DE to do it. 

Archived