Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

I have almost 500 hours on my Steam account. I am on the road a lot more than I used to be and I utilize Xcloud and streaming to my series X for most of my gaming time. I haven't played Warframe since my new job which requires me to be on the road 70% of the time. At this point, I miss Warframe and my clan which is probably non-existent by now or kicked me due to inactivity. I was reading through some reddit posts last week about the possibility of cross platform coming soon. People seemed to have mixed information on it. Some said DE is working on it. Some said it will never happen. I just want to know, should I give up hope on there ever being Cross-Platform, so that i can carry my existing steam account to Xbox? I will never play on a new account due to how many hours and how much platinum I have earned over the years. Does anyone have any concrete information to provide on this statement? Crush my dreams boys - it's okay I can handle it. 

You're talking about two different things. Cross platform is players being able to play together regardless of which platform they play on but what you're describing is cross-save. 

From what I understand, cross platform is in the works but cross save isn't. 

*edit* It seems I've gotten the order wrong.

Just now, TheAvidoZ said:

You're talking about two different things. Cross platform is players being able to play together regardless of which platform they play on but what you're describing is cross-save. 

I assume if one is implemented, they will implement the other. Because why wouldn't they? You just login with your credentials on that other platform. 

2 minutes ago, TheAvidoZ said:

Wrong order.  Cross platform isn't being worked on but cross save is.  

1 minute ago, LeftTheMatrix said:

I assume if one is implemented, they will implement the other. Because why wouldn't they? You just login with your credentials on that other platform. 

Not necessarily.  One just needs to have account details stored on a combined server the logins can tap into, the other requires the systems to be able to link together to allow p2p hosting across different platforms and requires same game version to correctly interact. 

1 minute ago, yarl5000 said:

Wrong order.  Cross platform isn't being worked on but cross save is.  

Not necessarily.  One just needs to have account details stored on a combined server the logins can tap into, the other requires the systems to be able to link together to allow p2p hosting across different platforms and requires same game version to correctly interact. 

Okay, in that case then, I only care about Cross Save. And it sounds like Cross Save is easier. But think about it, any game that has cross platform, has cross save. Name 1 game that excludes the other. I'll be waiting. 

1 minute ago, LeftTheMatrix said:

Okay, in that case then, I only care about Cross Save. And it sounds like Cross Save is easier. But think about it, any game that has cross platform, has cross save. Name 1 game that excludes the other. I'll be waiting. 

This is just like Square vs Rectangle 

All squares are rectangles not all rectangles are squares.

All cross-platforms have cross-save not all cross-saves have cross-platforms. 

2 minutes ago, TheAvidoZ said:

oh nononono, they can cross platform by using controller plug into the computer for xbox series and PS5 they are almost or "should" able to but right now the Microsoft company and PS company are still at arm each other firing who has bigger and better gaming system and PC laugh their head of at them because they don't need set up boarder for #$$!### like thous other players who said PS5 is a hot babe while Xbox series is looking like a dang brick.  In other words in short, cross platform will are stuck between these stubborn #$$-hat companies because they are the one put up boundary for they wanted their dang money like the governments.

At the time being cross save exist because that is DE's work for they don't want to war with either side

4 minutes ago, LeftTheMatrix said:

I love Mr Robot. 

ur asking me get a my 3rd bottle.

Just now, TheAvidoZ said:

Apex legends is cross-platform but excludes cross-save. 

I dunno how they do it but I would like warframe do the same.

3 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

I dunno how they do it but I would like warframe do the same.

From what I remember, cross-play in Apex is friends list only and a big part of why that is is because of how the aim is compensated for controller players vs M+K.  Lumping all controller players in with M+K players by default might cause some difficult to solve fairness issues.

23 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

Not yet. Sony doesn't make that easy, and DE doesn't have EPIC's pull...

Why the Sony hate? I suppose Microsoft and Nintendo already have cross-save now: oh wait...

Fact is the most successful of the consoles have always backed out of cross-play and there are rumors that Xbox XS or whatever the new one is called and PS5 were developed closely together meaning cross-play is a possible future outcome. Unless Nintendo Switch Lite say comes out and then they say no to cross-play but hey let's ignore that and always blame Sony right?

Cross-save was put as an idea DE came up with but as yet have not worked out the details- for example how would you account for Tennogen not on console but yet must be cross-saved, the PC Founders items which may not even be in the console build(remember? Biiig confusion and outrage when Founders were told that free transfer of account to the consoles on launch was not guaranteed to carry over said Founder items) skins like the PS-exclusive Obsidian: is it included/ excluded from cross-play... it's a lot to solve and decide which is why no updates have been forthcoming on it since..

I think this thread is in the wrong section. I believe it belongs under "General" and not the "Mobile App" subsection of General. Also, I am a firm believer that full Cross Platform Crossplay would be greatly helpful seeing as how I would like to use the progress I have on PC on the console(s) as well.

I'm sure someone else has already mentioned this, but in the event it hasn't here's my idea.

Why can't we merge all our accounts into one? I have an account for every platform with xbox being my main one. While thinking of ways to make cross save work I was like why can't I merge my accounts, have access to all my gear regardless of what I login on? No obviously you can't use exclusive stuff from ps to xb but the exclusive items should only be accessable form the home system. That way I can use my good gear on ps4 or pc when I'm not home. This seems like a good way to manage the cross save feature and be really great quality of life. 

Just now, (XBOX)Astron1701 said:

I'm sure someone else has already mentioned this, but in the event it hasn't here's my idea.

Why can't we merge all our accounts into one? I have an account for every platform with xbox being my main one. While thinking of ways to make cross save work I was like why can't I merge my accounts, have access to all my gear regardless of what I login on? No obviously you can't use exclusive stuff from ps to xb but the exclusive items should only be accessable form the home system. That way I can use my good gear on ps4 or pc when I'm not home. This seems like a good way to manage the cross save feature and be really great quality of life. 

8 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

Why the Sony hate? I suppose Microsoft and Nintendo already have cross-save now: oh wait...

Fact is the most successful of the consoles have always backed out of cross-play and there are rumors that Xbox XS or whatever the new one is called and PS5 were developed closely together meaning cross-play is a possible future outcome. Unless Nintendo Switch Lite say comes out and then they say no to cross-play but hey let's ignore that and always blame Sony right?

Cross-save was put as an idea DE came up with but as yet have not worked out the details- for example how would you account for Tennogen not on console but yet must be cross-saved, the PC Founders items which may not even be in the console build(remember? Biiig confusion and outrage when Founders were told that free transfer of account to the consoles on launch was not guaranteed to carry over said Founder items) skins like the PS-exclusive Obsidian: is it included/ excluded from cross-play... it's a lot to solve and decide which is why no updates have been forthcoming on it since..

Well, because Sony is the hang-up. Even if there are no hang-ups with Nintendo and Xbox (the later actually seemingly encouraging cross-play), DE would be crucified, and probably lose the PS market if they released cross-play for 3 platforms and left PS out. But maybe your attempt to sound intelligent was more important than actually thinking your argument through, right?

LOL, IF, handling cosmetics and Tennogen was the hard part of the equation, it would be extremely easy.
Most likely the textures and code for those cosmetics are in all builds, since its kinda easier to just have it in than to picking it off in each build, and the extra space is negligible. Even if it isn't. Its just as easy to keep it in.
The worse hurdle (after the issues with the console publishers) is that after cross-play or cross-save, they would need to have simultaneous releases on all platforms for all updates, since for it to work, a PC player would need to have the option to go on their console and play with the same items they have on PC, which wouldn't be present on the console.

The fact that they have been doing simultaneous releases for some updates might be dry-runs to tackle this issue.

honestly i am hoping to find out if cross save/progression will be available especially seeing as i am almost alway on my console at the moment it would be nice to not have to hunt down everything i have worked hard to get

call it laziness if you want but what i have currently works for me and i don't really want to worry about not having it as a viable choice when on my console

plz DE i miss playing but my pc can barely cope and it would be nice to make use of my stuff of my console

On 2020-12-07 at 10:48 AM, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

It is a thing in other games, but not (currently) in Warframe. The main blocker seems to be about negotiating approval from all the manufacturers - but this is clearly not impossible: all three seem to be somewhat open to dialogue.

I suspect this is just the case of convincing DE to make these negotiations a higher priority. Judging by the answer in this thread: 

it sounds like some of the manufacturers are already onboard and DE needs the rest of them to agree. We can only speculate as to which ones are which.

Those of us who want Cross-save to be a thing just need to make sure DE considers it a priority.

if only there were some way of light a metaphorical fire under their feet to make it a priority honestly i love this game but as OP mentioned i starting new on console is reasonably irritating (i'd rather full steam forehead plant into a brickwall) 

but i digress i hope this will happen but there's priorities and then there's priorities i plan to follow this thread with hope that some good news occurs

Archived